Community > Posts By > Salemite

Salemite's photo
Mon 04/07/08 04:09 PM

to get men that can barely speak (type) in English that wanna get to know me???

anyone else have this problem?? they try to IM, that doesn't work, then they just add me to their yahoo...like im just gonna JUMP on the chance to talk with them when i've already igored their IM attempt...

grrrr @ people like this!!! devil mad mad mad mad

sumbudee haz tu get dem y not ewe?

Salemite's photo
Mon 04/07/08 04:01 PM

it also gives a last name, so we can GOOGle u when we get home.

What's funny about that is, if you google my name there are a plausible entries that pops right to the top, because someone else that shares my name is in my field.

Salemite's photo
Mon 04/07/08 03:54 PM
Edited by Salemite on Mon 04/07/08 03:55 PM
In the last month-ish, when I've been out to the bar, two different girls asked if I had a business card. Both of them came up to me, so I don't think it was a "How can I get this guy away from me quickly" type move.

I never take them when I go out-n-about because I thought it was rather cheesy, to be honest.

Edit*** -

Just in case it's not clear, I'm soliciting opinions on the topic.

Salemite's photo
Mon 04/07/08 02:29 PM

people say I dont sound canadian....that I sound californian.....noway

Most people say I have exactly no accent. One girl keeps telling me I sound Canadian.

Salemite's photo
Mon 04/07/08 02:14 PM
I killed a thread once, just to watch it die.

Salemite's photo
Mon 04/07/08 01:07 PM

"At the station they told us that it wasn't reported stolen, it was just towed, when we reported it stolen TEN MINUTES earlier and tried to report it for half an hour. "

That's an interesting point. There is a time-lapse in there. During the intervening time between it was reported stolen and when they arrived at the station, someone from the station could easily have called the place it was towed from and found out they had it towed.

it wasn't towed from where the owner parked it. it was stolen, abandoned and towed. regardless if found or not...the theft needs to be in the report

I wonder (because I just plain don't know) if tow companies have to report "Hey, I'm moving this car from such-and-such place".

Salemite's photo
Mon 04/07/08 01:03 PM
"At the station they told us that it wasn't reported stolen, it was just towed, when we reported it stolen TEN MINUTES earlier and tried to report it for half an hour. "

That's an interesting point. There is a time-lapse in there. During the intervening time between it was reported stolen and when they arrived at the station, someone from the station could easily have called the place it was towed from and found out they had it towed.

Salemite's photo
Mon 04/07/08 12:52 PM
no civilians don't respond out to the calls. they take the 911 calls...make a report...and send it out to the cops to go out there

And here, the 911 operators are police.

Salemite's photo
Mon 04/07/08 12:44 PM

I'm almost 100% sure that was misinformation, they have to take all reports, but she was not the party in question - tried explaining to her that as it wasn't her vehicle, they wanted to speak to the owner. jmo
Very possible.

Also when you're keyed up emotionally it's very easy to take something as rude when no offense was ever intended.

Salemite's photo
Mon 04/07/08 12:33 PM
My appendix exploded when I was seven and I didn't die.

I swallowed a bullet at a party once on a dare.

My friends and I used to close down the bar, then head off and go rappelling.

I once had sex in Jim Nabors' (Gomer Pyle's) driveway. No, Jim wasn't there. :p

Salemite's photo
Mon 04/07/08 12:30 PM

Rarely do we hear people giving thanks to those in authority.

Someone said in this thread that cops don't get paid enough. I would tend to agree.

Personally, I think professional get paid way too much.

Cops, teachers and emergency service workers should get paid like athletes and athletes should get paid like cops.

Salemite's photo
Mon 04/07/08 12:20 PM
When my car was stolen, the report was taken over the phone.

I was also told on the phone that they found my car and it was being towed to the city car junk yard. It had been torched.

Everything was taken care of on the phone.

My friend had his car broken into after a Cav's game and we had to go down to the station....

Sounds like different places have different rules. I know when my vehicle was stolen I had to schlep my way down to the station to file the report.

Salemite's photo
Mon 04/07/08 12:11 PM

but they didn't let us make a report even over the phone.

They can't.

You know there is (in every municipality I know of) a law against swearing out a false report?

When you go to the cop shop and report, for example, a car as stolen you have to sign stating that the car truly was stolen. Then they can act on it. Until it's an official complaint, they're not supposed to do much becaue it's so easy to squander police resources on false complaints.

People hate cops, ok some people hate cops...until they need one.

Salemite's photo
Mon 04/07/08 12:06 PM
4 days. It was the first week of boot camp. They didn't allot much sleep as it was and my brain couldn't shut down when we were supposed to sleep.

Salemite's photo
Sun 04/06/08 12:37 PM

your picture kinda looks like that one where the farmer and his daughter are standing side by side and holding the pitchfork. Damn I cant remember what that pic is called American something or other I think

American Gothic by Grant Wood.

Salemite's photo
Sat 04/05/08 02:16 PM

Howdy, Y'all...
I just wanted to let all my friends here know that I found out the baby's due November 11th. In August I'll be moving again--- looks like the hubby's got orders to Norfolk, Virginia... and so the adventure continues.

Hope things are well with all of you and that you are enjoying your weekend!

flowerforyou
-Jenn

Norfolk is a spiffy base.

Salemite's photo
Sat 04/05/08 11:56 AM
Well, I already speak French anyway, but anyway...

Sure. I liked learning French and would probably like learning another language if I had a real opportunity to do so.

Salemite's photo
Sat 04/05/08 11:54 AM
"Normal" is what you call yourself when you're too chicken to tell anyone how you're different from everyone else...

Salemite's photo
Sat 04/05/08 11:23 AM
And ladies...

Please, please PLEASE try to contain the need to take all sorts of inane cell phone pics of the food you're eating to your friends! Not only is it inconsiderate to the fella who will inevitably drop the fifty to get you fed (who is probably trying to engage in some "stimulating conversation"), but it'll make you look like you got some serious ADHD going on.

Also- PLEASE fight the urge to take part in marathon texting barrages with your friends as well. Not only will your Blackberry (or other device capable of text messaging) thank you, but so will the fella you're SUPPOSED to be dating.

Serious? I've never had that first one happen.

Then again, I don't go to food for the first date.

Salemite's photo
Sat 04/05/08 11:20 AM
Sure, love exists, but much like everything else, Hollywood has fed us a load of crap about what that means. Falling in love is easy. Maintaining a relationship is work.

When I was younger, I didn't think it would or should be that way. I'm older now and know better.