Community > Posts By > Salemite

Salemite's photo
Fri 04/11/08 08:50 AM

I see no debating. I see no awe-inspiringly intelligently written material. I do see a great deal of whining over a relatively inconsequential act. Go Go Uber Debater.

Do you even read? I didn't come here to ***** about the police. I came here to argue the fact that you all think the victims deserved what happened.

Woo Hoo. Another fallacy. We "ALL" do not think the victims deserved what happened. I, for one, never made that statement.

Salemite's photo
Fri 04/11/08 08:49 AM
If you think you are a great debater... I suggest you read a few books on the subject....

Also another thing that was taken and twisted. I wasn't even talking to you when I made that statement.

Irrelevant. It doesn't matter one whit who you made the statement to, the statement, fallacious as it was, still has been made.

I also find it almost humorous (read: ALMOST) that most people in this thread can't conceive that in this ONE case, in this ONE city, this ONE time that the department could have POSSIBLY handled the situation incorrectly. If you truly believe that cops are infallible than you are naive.

I find it almost humorous that after your aspersions cast on the ability of people to read can't comprehend that most people here have said that there are some good and some bad cops.

Actually what you did was commit a classic logical flaw, called making a straw man argument. I don't see a dingle person here saying ALL cops are perfect, yet you've stated that most of the posters on this thread have done just that.

Go Go Uber Debater.

Salemite's photo
Fri 04/11/08 08:44 AM
Salemite: Sarcasm and smart ass remarks only make you look immature. I may only be 19 and she may only be 20, but everything I've written in this topic shows I debate a lot more intelligently than you.

I see no debating. I see no awe-inspiringly intelligently written material. I do see a great deal of whining over a relatively inconsequential act. Go Go Uber Debater.

Salemite's photo
Fri 04/11/08 07:49 AM

Feaw The Weapew.
Sorry my "R" is broken.Now it worksgrumble grumble
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Flash the Wankers.

Salemite's photo
Fri 04/11/08 07:49 AM

Feaw The Weapew.
Sorry my "R" is broken.Now it worksgrumble grumble
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Flash the Wankers.

Salemite's photo
Fri 04/11/08 07:43 AM
Flog the Walrus

...poor walrus...

Salemite's photo
Fri 04/11/08 07:38 AM
And a 20 year old girl has the life experience to deem that they were doing their job "wrong"?

I miss being 20 years old and knowing everything.

Salemite's photo
Fri 04/11/08 07:30 AM
Again I will state, if you dislike cops so much, and Goddess forbid something violent happens to you... Call your mom, or your friend or some random person...DON'T CALL THE COPS.

Quoted for truth.

Next time you're getting mugged, or you hear someone moving around in your house, do yourself a favor. Don't call the cops, call the ACLU.

Salemite's photo
Thu 04/10/08 06:00 PM
I don't get it. If it's just friendship, why do you have to end it? There's a person I've been friends with for over five years that lives a couple of thousand miles away. We yap through email or instant messenger in conversations that have taken years (The chief of which is an arguement over whether soup is or is not food. It is not.).

Salemite's photo
Thu 04/10/08 05:52 PM
My first year in Montana it snowed...in July.

I knew right then I had to get out.

Salemite's photo
Thu 04/10/08 05:51 PM
Sure. I've no problem with a minimum wage job.

Salemite's photo
Thu 04/10/08 05:16 PM
why do we need predetermined roles? My "role" is not as a cook; just as I don't think the guy's role is to take out the trash. Why can't we both do what we do best?

Usually, I end up being the cook. My mom is an Italian lady and she made damn sure I could fend for myself. I actually like cooking most things, especially anything that has to do with an open flame.

Baking...not so much. No knowledge of baking, no interest in it.

Salemite's photo
Thu 04/10/08 05:13 PM
Anything but squid. The texture made me want to yak the one and only time I had it.

Of course, I was out on a date with a girl at a sushi bar, so I kinda had to work it around chewing on it for like a week till I could swallow it down.

Then I had two more bites to go.

Salemite's photo
Thu 04/10/08 05:11 PM
So, do men have a hard time with a woman that can just do things herself and has her own life or does he need to feel "needed" and is unhappy unless our world revolves around theirs?

Depends on the guy. I'm totally fine with, in fact, I expect, anyone I'm with to have her own life, her own interests, her own opinions. It's nice not to have someone just agree with everything I say. If I wanted that, I'd get a parrot. That way I could hear my own words echoed in someone else's voice all day long.

Salemite's photo
Thu 04/10/08 05:08 PM

hey... is this a tricky lil way to sneak in a "nice guy finish last" thread??huh laugh

Probably. This is the same person who was on the boards a few days ago stirring up a fight because he was bored.

Salemite's photo
Thu 04/10/08 05:06 PM

this post isnt about me, just something ive thought of

imagine you met a really beautiful lady that had a beautiful face, but shes over weight, what would you do??

Unfortunately, my friends have passed judgment on a wonderful full figured woman because of her size. It's very sad to see that. Just remember guys... if you are looking to grow old with someone outer beauty should only be SECOND to what she holds in her soul.

I'll "fess up" here. No matter how great a person is, if I'm not attracted to them, any relationship will be a lie.

That said, I've dated women who were certainly not Hollywood's vision of beauty, and I've dated women who were calendar models and ballerinas, so go figure...

Salemite's photo
Thu 04/10/08 08:20 AM

A lot of people are saying they didn't actually hit the towers....mad

Wow. I didn't know that. That is ridiculous.

Yah, there's a segment of society that believes the government blew up the towers.

Salemite's photo
Thu 04/10/08 08:19 AM
Yah, there's quite a few professions I wouldn't consider it to be appropriate to talk about politics while in the function of your profession.

When I was in the Marines, for example, we couldn't attend political events in uniform. On our own time, it was fine.

Salemite's photo
Thu 04/10/08 07:55 AM

Is a relationship over if someone cheats on their partner? Can they truly be forgiven and continue in the relationship, or are they just delaying the inevitable?

Personal, and in general responses welcomed

Gone. See ya.

Salemite's photo
Thu 04/10/08 07:52 AM

men, would you date a woman with children??

I have before and would do it again.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7