Community > Posts By > Salemite

Salemite's photo
Thu 04/03/08 01:00 PM

if their is a woman whos a cop i would mind at dating a cop i just would take care of my tickets first

I dated a parole officer. Coolest part was going with her to pick up her new personal weapon and taking it off to the range to fire off a few dozen rounds.

Salemite's photo
Thu 04/03/08 11:30 AM

Take your time. Don't rush into anything. Things have a way of falling into place. Sometimes being by yourself is lonely. Especially when your used to having someone with you. Learn to like your own company and find things that you enjoy doing. Then when you do there will be other people there that have the same interests as you and meeting someone will just happen. flowerforyou flowerforyou

yea i see your point but is there no way... short of hitting a woman with a club and dragging them off to a cave somewere as seems to be the most abundant opinion.... that i can find someone nice faster because im sure that after im a cop my chances for a relationship will decrease unless im with them already.....

Hey, if you're a cop, don't they issue you a club?

And better yet, a taser, so you don't have to go chasing them down within striking distance!

Salemite's photo
Thu 04/03/08 11:26 AM

honestly the only thing that i have found to help forget someone who hurt you is to find someone new i mean dateing is what helped me when my ex-fioncee left me after 6 years of my love and devotion.
i hope you feel better
flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

funny thing is im kind of the same way

That's really unhealthy. You haven't dealt with your situation, you've just covered up the problems. Those feelings and issues are still tucked away back there and need addressing.

Salemite's photo
Thu 04/03/08 07:46 AM

Auburn girl brings up a good point as well. Lily says stalking is danger. So, is it really actual physical harm or mental harm thats should be considered danger?

Every potential threat should be taken seriously. If you're truly concerned, report it to your local authorities, get their advice, and see what they have to say on the matter.

Salemite's photo
Thu 04/03/08 07:36 AM

I haven't even met this person yet, we have a ton of the same interest but that chocking feeling was coming back when he said that. Than responded with, I guess we should just be friends than and a lol

In that case, not only no, but hell no!

Salemite's photo
Thu 04/03/08 07:19 AM

u got pics with women maybe some just alone

Pictures with women doesn't mean they are together. Could be they are just friends.

Why take chances?

Salemite's photo
Wed 04/02/08 07:16 PM

i want to go another level with this girl, i already talk to her but i want to be friend with her for couple days then go in and ask her to hangout.

Hang out? What do you mean "hang out"? I hang out with friends all the time.

Beating around the bush doesn't really project the picture of confidence you really need to have in order to land many women. Speak your mind to her. If you're interested in more than being friends, the sooner you let her know that, the better. Sure, she might reject your advances, but it's a damn sight better than just pining away, waiting to make your move.

Salemite's photo
Wed 04/02/08 07:14 PM

Does completely crushed count?

Ouch.

On the other hand, great play on the topic.

Salemite's photo
Wed 04/02/08 07:12 PM

Yup. There are no guarantees in life.
I think men should date older women since women outlive men!

That's one way to look at it.

Another way to look at is, men should date younger women. We keep getting told how immature we are, so if we date someone...say...half our age, everything should work out fine! :)

Salemite's photo
Wed 04/02/08 07:10 PM

Friendship sucks. I can make friends in real life that I can see all the time

Quoted for truth~

And while it's certainly not a "given", usually a woman knows within 5 minutes of meeting you whether she'll ever be interested in anything more than friendship.

Salemite's photo
Wed 04/02/08 06:04 PM

people are just as flaky in the real world... which is why you shouldn't depend on people, just yourself :wink: Think of people as a spice to give your life some flavor, not a main dish and you'll be alright

I mostly agree. The only thing I'd disagree on is that people find it a bit easier to flake out on you on teh interweb, because of the anonymity.

Salemite's photo
Wed 04/02/08 06:02 PM
You're right. It might. I think it's silly to devote a lot of time and energy to a friendship if you're expecting it to turn into something more.

If you're fine just having the relationship be a friendship, cool. Do your thing, but keep actively looking.

Sitting around, pining away for a friend, when it very well may never turn into anything is really limiting yourself.

Salemite's photo
Wed 04/02/08 03:01 PM

ive been using dating sites for awhile now and everytime i get interested in someone and they seem to be interested in me, a few weeks of talking they all the sudden say im not really looking to date someone and then they delete their profile...

that bugs the hell out of me anyone else have that happen?

One more flake off the list. *shrug* No big deal.

Salemite's photo
Wed 04/02/08 03:00 PM
because they're afraid if they say they're afraid of people that people will be afraid of them and they won't get any mail

And they'd probably be right.

Salemite's photo
Wed 04/02/08 02:02 PM
did i do anything wrong and do i tell the boyfriend about the situation? and what should i do about the boyfriend.... how can you tell if you are a priority to someone?

Do you feel guilty? Do you feel "ashamed" over what happened? It doesn't sound like you should stress over it.

As far as the boyfriend thing goes, you'll never know for certain that you are a priority of theirs. The best you can do is treat them with respect and hope the same comes back to you.

You say you both have a ton of stuff going on. That's all well and good, but do you "feel" like a priority?

Salemite's photo
Wed 04/02/08 01:47 PM

just go up to her....after work of course and be standing by her car with a rose in your handbigsmile

You think so? You wouldn't think thats going a bit too far? Like I said, I don't want to seem like I"m stalking her by waiting by her car

I think you'd sound like a stalker by NOT waiting for her. Leaving a string of presents and roses and notes for someone who doesn't know you sounds rather creepy.

Step up, man up and go talk to her next time you see her.

Salemite's photo
Wed 04/02/08 01:37 PM
Eh...I got nothin'.

I've seen some women in the area that are attractive, but I don't have any emotions regarding them in any form. I wouldn't even say it's advanced as far as lust. Mostly "Oh, she's cute...." and that's about it.

Salemite's photo
Wed 04/02/08 01:34 PM
What do you all think??? am I wrong???

Eh...it's you name. You're the one that has to live with it. If he doesn't like it, that's too bad. It sounds like he has some confidence issues if something as little as your last name can make him feel insecure in your relationship with him. If that's true, then that's really his problem to deal with, not yours.

Salemite's photo
Wed 04/02/08 01:31 PM
Just because some one isnt compatiable, or whatever right off the bat doesnt mean anything.

maybe they just want to spend some time and get to know eachother. I mean u cant know if ur comptaiable from 1 or 2 e-mails

That's true. But you certainly can't know if they're compatible or not with zero emails, which is a common complaint and a large part of what this thread is about.

And one bit on this, the OP stated that he was looking for someone, but "everyone" is looking for friendship. If they are looking for friendship only and he is not, that tells me their goals are incompatible. If both people want to be friends, great. If both want to have a relationship, great. However, if both people want different things, that's usually not so great.

Salemite's photo
Wed 04/02/08 01:25 PM

Tell me how to get over a wife who cheats on you. Can i trust any women again. I know i had something to do with her doing this but i cant not blame mysef for this. any input on this is appreiciateted

Realize that each individual person is just that, an individual. Just because one woman cheated doesn't mean all will, any more than just because one man cheated means all will.

No matter what you do, or don't do, no matter what you did, or didn't do, each person's actions are their own choice. You can't "make" someone cheat any more than you can make them be faithful.

I don't know you, so I'll put this forth as diplomatically as I can. You may or may not have done things that encouraged her to cheat. You may or may not have left things undone that encouraged her to cheat. For these purposes though, that is irrelevant.

She made her decision, you didn't make it for her. That's not your burden to bear.