Community > Posts By > SimplyElla

SimplyElla's photo
Tue 06/16/09 10:23 AM

Once you let go of what society/ others think, you will enjoy life so much more.

I enjoy life.. I do really.. I love mine.. I get what you are saying though.. but yeah..

SimplyElla's photo
Tue 06/16/09 10:22 AM

My parents were ITALIAN!! hahaha
They were never quiet or without judgement!! LOL

Let me just add here that I made some poor choices in my life because of what I thought others wanted or in trying to please others. I married because my parents and society 'said' that a 30yo should be settled in a relationship. I had a child because my mom kept asking when she was gonna be a grandma. Not that I really didn't want them myself BUT if I just thought about ME and what I truly wanted at that time or was BEST FOR ME, I would have had a very different outcome in my life.

Snuggles ~ I don't think it's actual socitey but the one that she has fixed in her mind.

I think we all realize that its her family that she has fixed in her mind. Doing what you wish, going against what your parents want and wish for you is hard sometimes impossible to do. Especially if your young. Pleasing our parents is something most wish and desire to achieve.

I wont lie.. my family has done a lot and at times too much.. heck ok everything for me... i owe them to become the person that see me to be.. I wouldn't have been able to live the life i do with out my fathers blood and sweat.

SimplyElla's photo
Tue 06/16/09 10:19 AM

My parents were ITALIAN!! hahaha
They were never quiet or without judgement!! LOL

Let me just add here that I made some poor choices in my life because of what I thought others wanted or in trying to please others. I married because my parents and society 'said' that a 30yo should be settled in a relationship. I had a child because my mom kept asking when she was gonna be a grandma. Not that I really didn't want them myself BUT if I just thought about ME and what I truly wanted at that time or was BEST FOR ME, I would have had a very different outcome in my life.

Snuggles ~ I don't think it's actual socitey but the one that she has fixed in her mind.

Well I am 100% Polish.. Parents off the boat- literally...
My father's parents came here with nothing and built a great life many would be jealous of... my father built his own little empire and is strict with his daughters... we can do anything we want with anyone we want and yadda yadda.. he just needs to approve.. ha ha.. i know i know i am an adult and great yeah I am.. i live my own life bust my arse through college three times just to be doing something not because I had to but i also want to stand on my own two feet... and well i guess idk... maybe i feel no that ppl will judge so much as my father but since we are not at the same "status" and all that at some point where he be stepping on my toes and it keeping me from gaining ground and all.. make sense? I don't want someone to hold me back but instead push me forward or all that jazz..

SimplyElla's photo
Tue 06/16/09 10:04 AM

Ahhhh. This is a class issue.

But, NO. You'd like to think it is.

If he is your peer and you respect him, despite any SES or class situation.... then all the rest would not matter.

I suppose it is a class issue... sadly
It is almost like a ... Daddy will never approve of his daughter to be with someone like that.. friends are fine but leave it at that.. type deal... get it?

The one man in my life I would hate to upset or let down is my father, but heck I deserve to be happy no matter my choice.

SimplyElla's photo
Tue 06/16/09 10:02 AM

But that's why you asked the question Ella, it's ON your mind!!

I'm in your shoes too when I meet a guy. Not to sound stuffy or snobbish but I do believe that society makes us think in ways of 'status' and 'levels' and sometimes a man just might not be up to mine.

Take this guy I was 'dating' last year for example. He was a blacksmith. Not a high level profession but he was very creative and passionate about his craft. That was a turn on to me. He didn't make much money but that was OK with me 'cause of his passion and aspirations. So it wasn't about money, that could have changed and even increased in time.

I got rid of him 'cause he was one of the most BORING men I've met in a long time and socially inept, too. I didn't get the emotional and OMG! NO PHYSICAL!!! aspects from him so POOF! he was gone.

You are right about society and all ... and it sucks...
I do enjoy this man.. I was drawn to him because of how positive and fun he always is no matter the troubles that are there.. he is always smiling and laughing.. he loves life.. I guess it is shallow that I think wow look at what he has or not has and he is happy and yadda yadda.. then here I am like he makes me enjoy the finer little things that used to pass me by.. he is making me live for more of the NOW and not so much the later.. make sense?

I guess seeing it now.. is prioving to myself that I am/was/am just nervous bc how society and others would or are looking at it - status wise. ohwell

SimplyElla's photo
Tue 06/16/09 09:56 AM

So, you're not a simple person...kind of high maintenance

spock Please tell me what you know about me that makes me high maintenance...

SimplyElla's photo
Tue 06/16/09 09:51 AM
ill i feel so dizzy now

SimplyElla's photo
Tue 06/16/09 09:47 AM
Edited by SimplyElla on Tue 06/16/09 09:52 AM
A simple question turns into a therapy session for little miss ella I see..

:cry: ohwell

I think I am scared to like someone or be involved with someone that isn't at par with where society sees my family and what not.. I know I am not being all clear cut because I don't want to come off as spoiled or stuck up and all..

At times I feel maybe my background and status is a "turn on" to him then again he has been one of the realest and decent men about it too.. and makes me feel comfortbale and all.. get along with the fam and me with his... though his parents have commented on things... freak man..

lilith you have me all thinking hard now.. ha ha... grr

SimplyElla's photo
Tue 06/16/09 09:41 AM
Edited by SimplyElla on Tue 06/16/09 09:42 AM

Good idea Lilith!
Get the pen and paper ready and hop to it!! hehehehe

While you're at it you might just want to rethink what it is you're thinking of getting yourself into here. Sounds like ya' wanna make some changes in him and you know you're gonna get resistance.

Actually doing the list of pros and cons is a great idea..

You can't change a man.. and I don't want to change him.. but I do think I want him to make some changes.. for himself and all.. make sense? He deserves more and all that jazz

Ok I will be honest.. Maybe I amjust looking hard for something to bother me about him so then I wont get too involved and end up picking up pieces of my mind and heart later?

SimplyElla's photo
Tue 06/16/09 09:34 AM

Right now with how bad the economy is finding a job is difficult. There are a lot of good people out of work, and not by their choosing. If you really care for this guy, then talk with him, find out if he has aspirations to better his work future. If you feel that he is where he is going to be 10 years from now and has no desire or motivation to do better than do what you have to do to be true to yourself, and your wants. It will save a lot of grief for both of you in the long run.

He does have a job.. and has been doing this for 4 years now or so... he likes it.. a lot.. he makes around 40g's it is okay for now.. but it isn't like a stable and promising job.. does that make sense? The turn over for his position is high and the littlest thing can get you fired/let go

It not only the money either though.. don't want people thinking its all about the money.. ha ha

SimplyElla's photo
Tue 06/16/09 09:31 AM
OK TeeHeeHee and Lilth are getting closer to it..

Yes.. he could do better with what he has and who he is..
Will he ever is the question..
I don't want to be relied on by a man.. I don't want to rely on a man either.. and I don't have to.. but still..
Security and stability are great things to have and not worry about.

SimplyElla's photo
Tue 06/16/09 09:26 AM

No.

It should be.... but I've seen plenty of cases where it's not.

Dittoohwell

SimplyElla's photo
Tue 06/16/09 09:25 AM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Now me understands better!!

Me thinks you can find the answer if you take the silver spoon out of your mouth! OOPPSS!!

Ya' vants it ALL!!!

Ok this is getting silly...

and btw I was born with silver spoon in mouth.. so sorry if I question things a little differently..

ohwell

SimplyElla's photo
Tue 06/16/09 09:24 AM
He has a job.. is it the greatest? No
Is it a career? No.
Does he have assests? IDK

I hope I am not coming off the look materialistic really.. It was only a simply question I was asking.. or well thought is was one.. He he

SimplyElla's photo
Tue 06/16/09 09:22 AM

Ah , a material girl.

Ha ha.. Only boys who save their pennies.. Make my rainy day

JK...

No but I am realistic I suppose...

SimplyElla's photo
Tue 06/16/09 09:16 AM
He gives you all the emotional- er and physical - comforts.. but in the big scale of it all.. or well the materialistic points he has nothing...

Does that make better sense?

SimplyElla's photo
Tue 06/16/09 09:14 AM

It was obviously just an illusion, one you projected onto him, until someone shattered the glass.

Oooo that is a good one...

An illusion huh? Hmmm... weird

SimplyElla's photo
Tue 06/16/09 09:08 AM
Pink Floyd-Maroonedglasses smokin glasses

SimplyElla's photo
Tue 06/16/09 09:04 AM

Push in on their abdomen until it pops out???
rofl

SimplyElla's photo
Tue 06/16/09 09:03 AM

I would like one... can I get it with an IOU though? He hee...

No but seriously? embarassed

No IOU's but with 10 easy payments of 9.99 how can anyone not afford this much needed product!

Little Ella has an addiction growing... .99 is a lot if not feeding it... embarassed

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25