Community > Posts By > Redshirt

Redshirt's photo
Sun 03/22/09 08:39 PM
Welcome to the nut house. Don't forget to pay your dues. :wink:

Redshirt's photo
Sun 03/22/09 08:35 PM

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. Im from the STL area. Hopefully this site works! :-)

Welcome to the world of M2. What high school did you go to. As a former dweller in that area had to ask. :laughing:

Redshirt's photo
Sat 03/21/09 11:25 PM
Don't give my phone number to just any one. And then their phone needs to be a clear number or it doesn't get answered.

Redshirt's photo
Sat 03/21/09 08:05 PM

i DO understand the frustration of someone without kids paying into the system. i have one son and he is about to graduate from high school. then i will have to pay for college. i don't know the solution

How about the frustration of those of us who work in public education when we hear that our elected representatives do not support it. grumble

Yes I work in the "system". Yes I am a property owner. But do I have a child attending the system...NO.

Does the education system in this country in need of reform. Without a doubt it needs to be reformed. We are becoming a more technological society and need schools that focus on that.

Does the funding of schools need to be more equitable. There is no doubt. Schools in more well to do areas have much more that can be offered to their students then those in rural or less affluent areas.

We have charter schools that can select who their students will be and limit class size. This often means they have higher test scores on standardized test. While a public school, by law, has to accept any student who comes through the door. Unless they have been expelled or are a severe behavioral problem history from another school. Laws on this vary from state to state.

An Accredited School has to meet certain standards to maintain their accreditation. Which is good. However, the responsibility of a child's education should not lay solely with the school. Parents/Guardians also need to be held accountable. Unfortunately that is difficult to do.

My apologies for the soap box.

Redshirt's photo
Sat 03/21/09 06:17 PM
Welcome to the Land of Mingle2. waving

Redshirt's photo
Sat 03/21/09 04:29 PM
Males also want to know "why". Reality is that there will be times we either won't find out, they don't know the"why" themselves or don't want to own up to it.

Redshirt's photo
Sat 03/21/09 03:39 PM
Edited by Redshirt on Sat 03/21/09 03:41 PM

Honesty is part of a good relationship. If you are not honest with each other it's not a very good way to start off, have, or continue with a relationship is it?

That is so true. Have had more then one "budding" relationship end because of a lack of honesty on their part. An aspect of honesty has to be integrity. If both are not there any relationship is doomed to fail.

Redshirt's photo
Fri 03/20/09 09:58 PM

I'm a giver but like recieving also bigsmile

Nothing wrong with that. :thumbsup:

Redshirt's photo
Fri 03/20/09 09:52 PM
Edited by Redshirt on Fri 03/20/09 09:54 PM

We talk online for months, talk over the phone endlessly, we meet have a great time together. Months into this all of a sudden he's not so sure if he wants to continue because I have 2 boys. It's right there on my profile!! UGH!!!frustrated Does no one know WTF they want anymore???

Romeo make it a very tall cold one pleeease!

The site will not allow me to truly express my anger at such a person. You have every right to feel absolutely furious with that "male". On behalf of true men, my deepest apologies.

Redshirt's photo
Fri 03/20/09 09:42 PM
No doubt about it I am a giver. To be painful honest that means have set myself up in the past to be taken. Don't do that anymore.

Redshirt's photo
Fri 03/20/09 07:10 PM

It gets better with cupcakes bigsmile

Or slowly licking the icing off the top while looking them deeply in the eyes and smiling.

Redshirt's photo
Fri 03/20/09 06:46 PM
Welcome. Pictures always help. Enjoy.

Redshirt's photo
Fri 03/20/09 06:25 PM
Long wet kisses works for me.

Redshirt's photo
Fri 03/20/09 05:26 PM

I gave my 64 year old mother advice about sex. noway noway noway noway

It seems my step father who had prostate cancer had well, the part of it removed that causes the flag to go to full mast. I said, "That's just one of his tools. Has he no fingers? Has he no tongue?" If I were there, I just know her face would have turned beet red.

Ummmm I so relate with your mother some of the best advice I have been given has come from my grown children.I am always asking or saying

"Really you can do that???blushing

Out of the mouths of grown children. rofl

Redshirt's photo
Fri 03/20/09 05:20 PM
I have met a couple of people that were first met on here and have talked to several others. Can honestly say that each and every one of them were identical to their profiles. Though "Rains" wonderful accent did catch me off guard...delightfully so might add. bigsmile And Winx's St. Louis accent brings up memories of growing up there. Have not been disappointed in any of the face to face meetings or phone conversations. Each and everyone are who just like the present themselves here.

Redshirt's photo
Thu 03/19/09 10:21 PM
Edited by Redshirt on Thu 03/19/09 10:22 PM

I got some really pretty pictures at about 4600 feet before I got arrested. Very beautiful there.

Sedona is nice. Don't live there but like it. biggrin

Redshirt's photo
Thu 03/19/09 10:03 PM

Redshirt's photo
Thu 03/19/09 09:50 PM

I love the puzzle of deciphering the profile names of Mingle memebers. Some names are easy to figure out but others are curious to me. spock

Mine is -- meh -- easy. winking

What about yours? What is the significance? waving

- Phuque is just fun and crazy, punny!
- Patsfan, I get that one too!
- MirrorMirror, what about yours?
- Winx?
- I know Dubz .... smitten

Tsk, tsk...I was really only trying to figure out a new way to spell "Few-Kay", silly...:wink:

I didn't know what it was so I looked it up and found this on it:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Phuque

Names are always interesting and where they came from.

As for me...combination of two nicknames from college days.

Redshirt's photo
Thu 03/19/09 05:37 PM

:cry: How much would it bother you if you found out that nobody actually loved you?:cry:

Don't think that is possible. But if it were. Yes it would hurt.

Redshirt's photo
Thu 03/19/09 05:30 PM
Mingle4....Got me...

Enjoy Mingle2

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25