Community > Posts By > Redshirt

Redshirt's photo
Mon 03/16/09 08:16 PM

Redshirt's photo
Mon 03/16/09 07:34 PM

Was walking out...What could they say to make you stay?bigsmile

I don't just end a relationship without there being a very good reason and pattern. If it got to that point don't think anything could be said. Hopefully it would never get to that point.

Redshirt's photo
Mon 03/16/09 07:06 PM
Have a number of female friends. And am very happy about that. We talk openly and honestly about everything.

Redshirt's photo
Mon 03/16/09 06:42 PM
Edited by Redshirt on Mon 03/16/09 06:46 PM
Believe it was Marshall McLuhan in the "Understanding Media: The Extensions of Man," that he said television was bad for the same reason it is good. It rapidly shares information.

Think the same thing is true about the internet. It provides us with the opportunity to meet people would not other wise meet. Unfortunately it means that we also meet people that may not have the same ethics that we have. This often show up in the way people view and deal with internet relationships. Their own and others. JMO

Redshirt's photo
Mon 03/16/09 01:10 PM
Have a number of friends that I can bounce things off. It would depend upon the question/situation.

Redshirt's photo
Mon 03/16/09 12:48 PM

I would hope that the decision is made in a respectable manner . Its no ones business actually. But I would just make my profile blank and say on it "not looking for anyone I have found her"! These threads and forums are not any better then taking out an ad on the New York Times front page. WHY do such a thing? so others can pry into your life or make un-called for comments and even a few accusations, trying to disperage someone else? I have nothing to hide personally but why subject your self to this in the first place?

Well the New York Times and other newspapers might appreciate the additional revenue. :laughing:

Have found it curios that on a dating site there seem to be some that don't want others to find anyone. It simply doesn't make any sense. slaphead One would think as adults we would encourage and support such connections. Yet for some reason that doesn't seem to happen.

Redshirt's photo
Mon 03/16/09 12:05 PM

If it were serious I'd put taken on my profile with a picture of us together. But only if we'd gotten past all the new relationship part and were pretty solid.
Why? New relationships can be a bit fragile in the beginning when you're just getting to know each other. I wouldn't want to hear about how he used to be a serial dater or about some post he wrote in a drunken moment or any of that mess.

Have heard several stories of that happening. That is basis for this inquiry.

Thanks for sharing.

Redshirt's photo
Mon 03/16/09 12:03 PM
Edited by Redshirt on Mon 03/16/09 12:03 PM

Building a relationship with someone here. Would you want others to know or keep it quiet? How come - either way.

I have done it both ways and well to be honest... My friends always will know who I am talking to or who I am meeting. Anyone they don't concern me so therefore I am not going to be shouting it out on forums etc...

I am very open in so many ways then I am very private in others. Who, what, and where I am seeing or doing that is no ones business but mine. I don't tell peoplen in the office what my private life is why would I tell people on a dating site...

I am not one to post pictures in forums etc. I guess I am weird that way... I am not judging others that feel compelled to post pictures of meets etc. I just figure that I wouldn't bring them to the office why would I bring them here?

Excellent points. It is called a "private life" for a reason. Have worked in several position that have put me in the public eye. It is very difficult to have a "private life" in a such situation. Unfortunately had one relationship fall apart because of that. And that was before the internet was even thought of. oops Just dated myself. rofl

Redshirt's photo
Sun 03/15/09 10:13 PM

i heard its not so greatnoway

I'll send you a postcard..:wink:

What state of mind is that in????

Redshirt's photo
Sun 03/15/09 10:09 PM
Are people trying to get the last word in here????

Redshirt's photo
Sun 03/15/09 09:51 PM

Keep it quiet until it was a lil more solid...I've seen it a million times..."gushing" about it is the kiss of death...

What causes this kiss of death? The jealousy of others? Or is it doubting the truth of the relationship? Just asking.

Redshirt's photo
Sun 03/15/09 09:44 PM

Anyone who has read anything about me or what I post knows I put myself out there.

That being said, I would still keep the person's name private until a solid relationship has been established. I think privacy is a good thing in the early stages of a relationship.

If we weather the storm, and he feels OK with sharing our 'coupledom' then I would be proud to rock a pic of us on my profile, etc. I wouldn't make a headline announcement though. :wink:

Think it will be interesting to see if there is a difference between men and women on this subject.
Keep it on the down low, I made the mistake of not doing it. Luckily we had a strong enough relationship to survive the onslaught of negative comments she received about me and our relationship. Thankfully it is still going on today stronger than ever. But I know the names of some who did it and I never forget.....lol

Thanks for sharing. For one believe in both or you. flowerforyou

Redshirt's photo
Sun 03/15/09 09:35 PM

Anyone who has read anything about me or what I post knows I put myself out there.

That being said, I would still keep the person's name private until a solid relationship has been established. I think privacy is a good thing in the early stages of a relationship.

If we weather the storm, and he feels OK with sharing our 'coupledom' then I would be proud to rock a pic of us on my profile, etc. I wouldn't make a headline announcement though. :wink:

Think it will be interesting to see if there is a difference between men and women on this subject.

Redshirt's photo
Sun 03/15/09 09:29 PM
Building a relationship with someone here. Would you want others to know or keep it quiet? How come - either way.

Redshirt's photo
Sun 03/15/09 02:47 PM

Queen Pillowtop.happy

Sleigh bed.

Winx,

You are a Queen. flowerforyou

Redshirt's photo
Sun 03/15/09 02:46 PM

Well let's but it this way. It holds me, three cats, and lab. Think something is missing from that equation. spock

Pillows?huh

Jess, Yes have pillows. Though the dog wants to rest her head on one. Cats have their assigned spots. They are real upset about the dog being part of the equation. :laughing: If the right person would come along. Animals would get the guest room. biggrin

Redshirt's photo
Sun 03/15/09 02:41 PM
Welcome and Gypsy's advice is good. Pictures help. Of course she gets a bit creative at time. flowerforyou for Gypsy.

Redshirt's photo
Sun 03/15/09 11:31 AM

has to get the last word in?

I am, didn't think I was until recently......lol

Have learned it isn't important in a conversation. But have killed a few threads. bigsmile

Redshirt's photo
Sun 03/15/09 11:01 AM

Or am I the only one to notice this?

Oh no...another "Clique Thread". Whither or not some want to admit it they do exist here. As for me...don't belong to any and have no desire to be part of one.

Redshirt's photo
Sun 03/15/09 10:55 AM

love? ?

Was young (in High School). It was magical. So no there are memories that are very precious. As for since then. Oh, yes there are some that makes me wonder "why was I attracted to that person?"

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 24 25