Community > Posts By > Redshirt

Redshirt's photo
Fri 03/27/09 05:08 PM
Welcome. Think you will find people to chat with here.

Redshirt's photo
Fri 03/27/09 04:55 PM

Are you a person that follows your heart? Or a person that believes you should think things through and be rational? In matters of love what to you is most important and why?flowerforyou

Good question. Would like to think I combine the two. Often times the heart leads the way, as it being willing to open the door. It is marvelous when they blend together and torture when they are at odds. Have been accused of over thinking things....and being to willing to jump. Learning to take it one step at a time. Let the two work together. Even "old dogs" can learn.

Redshirt's photo
Fri 03/27/09 04:46 PM

in the event a partner cheated on you? Would it be a tit for tat situation or what?

Simple answer...it is over!

Redshirt's photo
Fri 03/27/09 04:42 PM

Redshirt's photo
Thu 03/26/09 08:41 PM
Maverick
The Rifleman
Wagontrain

Blast can't remember some of the others....Ol' age I guess.

Redshirt's photo
Thu 03/26/09 08:38 PM

:wink:

Does anyone else remember the ORIGINAL opening to "I Dream of Jeannie"?

laugh

happy Yes happy

Tony was handsome but Capt. Healy he was my favorite.laugh

And they could not show her belly button. :laughing:

Redshirt's photo
Thu 03/26/09 08:37 PM
Bonanza when they had no commercials in the fall to introduce the new Chevrolets?

When NBC was the only one with shows in color?

Redshirt's photo
Thu 03/26/09 07:37 PM
Hopefully this thread will get some people thinking about their post and the drama they incite. Have noticed this over the past few months.

Redshirt's photo
Thu 03/26/09 04:43 PM
A cowboy named Bud was overseeing his herd in a remote mountainous pasture in California when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced toward him out of a cloud of dust.

The driver, a young man in a Brioni suit, Gucci shoes, RayBan sunglasses and YSL tie, leaned out the window and asked the cowboy, "If I tell you exactly how many cows and calves you have in your herd, Will you give me a calf?"

Bud looks at the man, obviously a yuppie, then looks at his peacefully grazing herd and calmly answers, "Sure, Why not?"

The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell notebook computer, connects it to his Cingular RAZR V3 cell phone, and surfs to a NASA page on the Internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite to get an exact fix on his location which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in an ultra-high-resolution photo.

The young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop and exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg , Germany.

Within seconds, he receives an email on his Palm Pilot that the image has been processed and the data stored. He then accesses an MS-SQL database through an ODBC connected Excel spreadsheet with email on his Blackberry and, after a few minutes, receives a response.

Finally, he prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech, miniaturized HP LaserJet printer, turns to the cowboy and says, "You have exactly 1,586 cows and calves."

"That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my calves," says Bud.

He watches the young man select one of the animals and looks on with amusement as the young man stuffs it into the trunk of his car.

Then the Bud says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my calf?"

The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, why not?"

"You're a Congressman for the U.S. Government", says Bud.

"Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?"

"No guessing required." answered the cowboy. "You showed up here even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked. You used millions of dollars worth of equipment trying to show me how much smarter than me you are; and you don't know a thing about how working people make a living - or about cows, for that matter. This is a herd of sheep. ....

Now give me back my dog.

Redshirt's photo
Wed 03/25/09 09:06 PM

smile2 Have you ever been stood up for a date only later to find they had changed their mind and didn't feel it was important enough to call and tell you?smile2

shades Would you accept their apology?shades

And I would answer the phone from them....why?????

Redshirt's photo
Wed 03/25/09 08:36 PM

I had a hard time feeling sorry for them, especially when one exec was complaining to another that she was actually going to have to buy a car and live like "the others".

Oh yeah, "the others"... I am one of them. Realize "perks" are nice. But let's get real about them. If the money was there it would not be spent on a car from Detroit. grumble grumble grumble grumble

Redshirt's photo
Wed 03/25/09 07:50 PM
There are so many interesting theories about the Bermuda Triangle and other places were unique occurrences have taken place.

Redshirt's photo
Wed 03/25/09 07:44 PM
Welcome to M2. Read people's profiles.

Redshirt's photo
Tue 03/24/09 08:09 PM
My flight was being served by an obviously gay flight attendant, who seemed to put everyone in a good mood as he served us food and drinks.

As the plane prepared to descend, he came swishing down the aisle and told us that 'Captain Marvey has asked me to announce that he'll be landing the big scary plane shortly, so lovely people, if you could just put your trays up, that would be super.'

On his trip back up the aisle, he noticed this well-dressed and rather Arabic looking woman hadn't moved a muscle. 'Perhaps you didn't hear me over those big brute engines but I asked you to raise your trazy-poo, so the main man can pitty-pat us on the ground.'

She calmly turned her head and said, 'In my country, I am called a Princess and I take orders from no one.'

To which (I swear) the flight attendant replied , without missing a beat,

'Well, sweet-cheeks, in my country I'm called a Queen, so I outrank you. Tray-up, *****'

Redshirt's photo
Tue 03/24/09 05:50 PM
Traveling down the interstate and needing to use the restroom,
I stop at a rest area and head to the restroom.

I was barely sitting down when I heard a voice from the other stall saying:
"Hi, how are you?"

I'm not the type to start a conversation in the restroom and I don't know what got into me, but I answered, somewhat embarrassed,
"Doin' just fine!"

And the other person says:
"So what are you up to?"

What kind of question is that? At that point, I'm thinking this is too bizarre so I say:
"Uhhh, I'm like you, just traveling!" �

At this point I am just trying to get out as fast as I can when I hear another question.
"Can I come over?"

Ok, this question is just too weird for me but I figured I could just be polite and end the conversation. I tell them �
"No..I'm a little busy right now!!!" �

Then I hear the person say nervously....

"Listen, I'll have to call you back. �There's an idiot in the other stall who keeps answering all my questions �

Cell phones, don't you just love them.

Redshirt's photo
Mon 03/23/09 08:51 PM
Have a Razor with Sprint. Haven't had any problems with it. Though it has a habit of not wanting to connect with my headset. Texting is time consuming...but when done is worth it. Just wish I could figure out how to turn down the alert when a text arrives. laugh

Redshirt's photo
Mon 03/23/09 01:25 PM

:heart: Do you believe that you have experienced true love?:heart:

Yes but it was a long time ago.

Redshirt's photo
Sun 03/22/09 08:47 PM

Redshirt's photo
Sun 03/22/09 08:44 PM
Hello Mary and Welcome.

Redshirt's photo
Sun 03/22/09 08:41 PM
Sounds like my grandmother when she was washing our mouths out with soap. Still have issues with Ivory soap.

Welcome to the site. Enjoy the forums...laugh...and join in.

flowerforyou

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25