Community > Posts By > MrMxyzptlk

MrMxyzptlk's photo
Sun 09/14/08 03:28 PM
Hey there all you cool peeps,
Summer went by pretty quick, huh!? As work slows and the cold rains blow, once again I'm drawn back to the best forums I've found on the net!! Good to see everyone still playing here.........but, somehow I missed the name change..embarassed ... oh well! I'll be stoppin' by soon, as ridiculous as everdrinker ...........Have a great day!
Hutch

MrMxyzptlk's photo
Sun 09/14/08 03:05 PM
...just checkin' in again ta' say HELLO, N.Y.!!laugh Coming back ta' play for a little while, kids!!!:wink:
*look paw, a fwaggle*

MrMxyzptlk's photo
Tue 04/08/08 07:02 AM
As with anything, the weakest link, of course. I guess that would be the lightening itself, but as unpredictable as it can be, it is also reletively plentiful. If there's some way to do it, they'd ought to.........

MrMxyzptlk's photo
Tue 04/08/08 06:55 AM

Nell ... I totally relate with the "la la la la la" .... my kids even tell me that. I just hate anything that nails me down.

Myrtle & MrMxy ... makes sense that you are stricter with the business than the personal life ........drinker

That said ....... I'm not an employee of yours so

((((((((((((((( PARTEEEEEEEY )))))))))))))))))

drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker

flowerforyou Flat out turning down a job offer???laugh
Oh, well, we can still....((((PAAAARRRTTTYYY)))))

noway Job offer? I had a job offer? bigsmile laugh laugh

laugh laugh
Yes, but upon further review, there's been a reversal!:tongue:
drinker Let's just PARTY instead!drinker

MrMxyzptlk's photo
Tue 04/08/08 06:49 AM

Hey

Could be wrong - but feel for us limeys - I got back from Florida the other day - 3.26 a gallon I think I was paying there.................equiv in U.K??

Well I believe one US gallon over here is 3.78 litres and its about £2 a litre here, so I figure at exchange of £1 = $1.92 US dollars..........$14 bucks a gallon???! BEWAREsad Someone somewhere is getting rich, we should be rioting over here! :cry:

happy

Yeah, someone's getting rich for sure!!
Trends of Global Economy suggest that things happening in the UK monetarily, will manifest in the US within a couple of years. It's not looking good........frown

MrMxyzptlk's photo
Tue 04/08/08 06:45 AM
Edited by MrMxyzptlk on Tue 04/08/08 06:51 AM
noway $3.59 and up, Upstate NY. Killing me fueling up work trucks!!ohwell
Best thing I find to do about it, is not concern myself with how much per gallon it is, and just fill up the truck and pay!! In the end, it's a writeoff, so I really don't care much .....

....same holds true in my grocery cart!bigsmile

MrMxyzptlk's photo
Tue 04/08/08 06:41 AM

Nell ... I totally relate with the "la la la la la" .... my kids even tell me that. I just hate anything that nails me down.

Myrtle & MrMxy ... makes sense that you are stricter with the business than the personal life ........drinker

That said ....... I'm not an employee of yours so

((((((((((((((( PARTEEEEEEEY )))))))))))))))))

drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker

flowerforyou Flat out turning down a job offer???laugh
Oh, well, we can still....((((PAAAARRRTTTYYY)))))

MrMxyzptlk's photo
Tue 04/08/08 06:26 AM

So, there's this little project I've been thinking on for some time now. Let's fix the world. Problem. Naive/naif scheme. Solution. Let's get off our laurels and out think the problems facing us. At the moment, we've got an energy crisis, combined with a pollution issue. I'm calling all scientists, schemers and nut and bolt tinkerers. Crazy seed #1, attract lightening via laser (path ionization), store via Leyden capacitor battery and dispense to the public. How would you step it down for the public mainlines? Environmental impact? Ethical issues? How do we make it sexy for capitalists when it's likely seasonal and nuclear energy isn't?

huh Wish I could help with that one,ohwell
<---No rocket scientist.laugh
Lightening as an energy source seems viable enough to me, if it can be harnessed!!
How much energy can be stored and dispersed by these methods?

MrMxyzptlk's photo
Tue 04/08/08 06:21 AM
drinker Rock on!flowerforyou

MrMxyzptlk's photo
Tue 04/08/08 06:19 AM
Edited by MrMxyzptlk on Tue 04/08/08 06:20 AM

I have always believed that,anything you do does in one way or the other comes back at ya 3 times fold.drinker drinker

OOOPS, guess I shoulda read a little further......embarassed
What she said........:wink:

MrMxyzptlk's photo
Tue 04/08/08 06:18 AM

You have no way of knowing how or when all the things you do will come back to you. What you can know is that they will.

Some obscure and seemingly useless fact you learn today could end up playing a major role in your life next week, or five years from now. Some small favor that you do tomorrow may come back to you in a few months as a grand opportunity.

You never know exactly how life will reflect back the face you present to it. Yet eventually, and quite faithfully, it does come back to you.

The value that you put into life becomes the value that you experience from life. The more love you give, the more love you are able to know.

Your words do not end when you speak them, and your actions do not stop when you've completed them. They go out into life and begin connecting you with the people, circumstances and things that resonate with those words and actions of yours.

Live as though the things you do, in one way or another, will come back to you. For you can be certain that they will.

Nice words to live by!!bigsmile flowerforyou
Good or bad, the energies you send out into the world, will come back to you, threefold. Count on it.......

MrMxyzptlk's photo
Tue 04/08/08 06:08 AM
In business, I'm forced to be somewhat frugal, so it carries over into my personal life to some extent, but when I've got money, I'm not afraid to spend it on things I need and want. The bills are always paid, and so are the guys, so whatever's left is........well, let's just say, you can't take it with ya'! bigsmile

MrMxyzptlk's photo
Tue 04/08/08 05:59 AM

you are what you eat, what would you be?

noway What!!noway
No one yet, has thought to stand up proudly and declare......
bigsmile I'm a PVSSY!!"bigsmile
(Ok, I gotta admit, I'm slimming down these days......)
yawn What, is everybody sleeping!???
laugh laugh laugh

MrMxyzptlk's photo
Mon 04/07/08 08:09 AM

Total professional!

A gynecologist was getting tired of his job and decided to switch careers. He`d always enjoyed tinkering with engines, so he enrolled in a school for auto mechanics.
When the class ended the students were given their final exam: strip a car engine completely and reassemble it in perfect working order. The gynecologist did his best - and was amazed to find he scored 150%. "How could that be?" he asked.
"Well," said the instructor, "I gave you 50% for taking the engine apart. Next, I gave you 50% for reassembling it - a fantastic job, really. And then I gave you a 50% bonus for doing it all through the exhaust pipe."drinker drinker drinker

laugh laugh laugh
drinker

MrMxyzptlk's photo
Mon 04/07/08 08:06 AM
........and that whole, killing threads thing!

laugh laugh ohwell

MrMxyzptlk's photo
Mon 04/07/08 08:04 AM
*putting pudding in front of bunny*laugh
flowerforyou

MrMxyzptlk's photo
Mon 04/07/08 08:01 AM
laugh I love pudding!laugh

MrMxyzptlk's photo
Mon 04/07/08 08:00 AM
......anyone can SAY that they're a professional. The proof is in the putting!laugh

MrMxyzptlk's photo
Mon 04/07/08 07:59 AM

YYEEEAAAHHH, Go professionals!!!smokin laugh laugh

Not everyone is a professional just because they have a job. Being a professional comes from finally finding something you're good at and sticking to it!! A pro is made of years and years worth of hard work, trials and errors, taking pride in what you do and never giving up. The pride you do (or don't)take in a job well done is also indicitive of your personality in general!

If you don't take pride in what you do, what else in your life don't you have!!???

MrMxyzptlk's photo
Mon 04/07/08 07:46 AM

I have like 40 mutual matches and none have ever written to say hi.. wierd.

I always wonder if they accidently clicked on me in the first place...I don't hear from mine either.laugh

Well, if you guys have mutual matches come up, you ever try writing to them instead? I'm thinking everyone is sitting around waiting for someone else to make the first move.... I think in many cases, not necesarily yours, this happens.

noway
Is that the ticket? laugh
I agree with you, but in my particular case, being in business, I refuse to cold call on people, regardless of a lead or almost any situation.....and I'll wait for them to call me if they'd like to have me do the work. Somehow, unfortunately, that line of thought bleeds over into my personal ........"being", I guess.ohwell
I have quite a few Mutual Matches, and I haven't spoken with any of them, yet. It's that cold call thing....embarassed
I think I'll have to try to get past that............

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25