Community > Posts By > Jillybean31

Jillybean31's photo
Sat 03/29/08 09:12 PM
Edited by Jillybean31 on Sat 03/29/08 09:13 PM

Quite an interesting discussion. No one wants players or cheaters to date. If a guy is "shopping the field,' he is a player and a cheat, but, if he is married or committed, then it is ok to have all these female friends? Sounds a lot like a paradox to me.huh
Having female friends is not the same as playing the field. If my guy is still playing the field after we've made a commitment to our relationship...then I'd have to assume he's not happy and free him of his commitment. Period. But to tell him he has to leave female friends at the alter is controlling and distrustful behavior in my book. That's no commitment...that's prison.

so, you believe that it would be perfectly acceptable for your mate to go out, say one night a week, with friends of the opposite sex until midnight or 2 in the morning and you would not have a problem, as long as they were friends before you were married? I really have to express some doubt about that. And, I cannot believe that a guy would happily let his mate go out with her pre-commitment male friends. All of us are too possessive to let that go on indefinitely without suffering from jealousy.
Why do you have my guy going out til all hours of the night every week anyway? You've got me married to a lush now. Forget the women...I think YOU are the bad influence on him. Gee-Whiz!laugh

Jillybean31's photo
Sat 03/29/08 08:53 PM

Quite an interesting discussion. No one wants players or cheaters to date. If a guy is "shopping the field,' he is a player and a cheat, but, if he is married or committed, then it is ok to have all these female friends? Sounds a lot like a paradox to me.huh
Having female friends is not the same as playing the field. If my guy is still playing the field after we've made a commitment to our relationship...then I'd have to assume he's not happy and free him of his commitment. Period. But to tell him he has to leave female friends at the alter is controlling and distrustful behavior in my book. That's no commitment...that's prison.

Jillybean31's photo
Sat 03/29/08 08:49 PM

I don;t care who they are friends with. Do people not have any trust in someone they are supposed to care so much about, and want to sped the rest of their life with?
That's what I'm talking about! :smile:

Jillybean31's photo
Sat 03/29/08 08:45 PM
I like it...I really like it! happy

Jillybean31's photo
Sat 03/29/08 08:42 PM

Sorry Rob...don't consider you available anymore...no you have someone serious on your mind...just from the threads...lol
It's just teasing...nothing more. I like to rile him and he eats it up. laugh

Don't we all????????????????
bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile

Jillybean31's photo
Sat 03/29/08 08:39 PM

Sorry Rob...don't consider you available anymore...no you have someone serious on your mind...just from the threads...lol
It's just teasing...nothing more. I like to rile him and he eats it up. laugh

Jillybean31's photo
Sat 03/29/08 08:38 PM

in my opinion if 2 people want something bad enough than they will go however miles to be with each other..
+1. ou hear that jilly? there is a real woman voicing an honest opinion. Not some, some,some.....heart breaker sad sad
You're killing me Rob! huh
ok jilly, I wont bother you anymore. huh pretty much sums it up
Don't be like that...thought we was buds.
were still buds,
You're cool babe! happy

Jillybean31's photo
Sat 03/29/08 08:36 PM

If he told me they were just friends, then I'd have to believe him...any new female friends should, out of respect for our relationship, befriend us both. happy

That nails it right there....

If they are my friends, then they should be her friends as well.
I think that's the ideal solution...but nothing ever works perfectly does it? The bottom line is that if your partner has friends of the opposite sex and something inappropriate were to happen, you have to have faith that they will rise above it and put the relationship first. If you can't trust your partner...who can you trust?

Jillybean31's photo
Sat 03/29/08 08:32 PM

in my opinion if 2 people want something bad enough than they will go however miles to be with each other..
+1. ou hear that jilly? there is a real woman voicing an honest opinion. Not some, some,some.....heart breaker sad sad
ok jilly, I wont bother you anymore. huh pretty much sums it up
Don't be like that...thought we was buds.

Jillybean31's photo
Sat 03/29/08 08:29 PM

why does it have to be a he? but since it is a he, he should be respectable to the one he is with and realize the field closed when the relationship started........
I agree and I should of said or vice-versa

so that's it? You have to ditch all of your friends because you are in a relationship?

That makes being in a relationship even less enticing.

not saying that at all.......friends can only be trusted so far, but true friends will not interfere or make things difficult in you and your partners life......that's my story and i'm sticking to it.......:wink: :wink: drinker
I quite agree!! happy

Jillybean31's photo
Sat 03/29/08 08:26 PM
I don't think I could fall in love without meeting them in person a lot of times. I don't fall in love quickly.

Jillybean31's photo
Sat 03/29/08 08:23 PM
If he told me they were just friends, then I'd have to believe him...any new female friends should, out of respect for our relationship, befriend us both. happy

Jillybean31's photo
Sat 03/29/08 08:15 PM

You either feel it or you don't...

I have been there done that with late husband...love at first site..new I was going to marry him before we met...4 dates later and got engaged...Honeymoon marriage for 28 years...i know there is an end to every rainbow...unfortunately...too many people put their expectations so high that you make it impossible to let someone in...Bring the damn wall down and maybe you will have a fighting chance...This is a sore subject to me...because everyone has a chance at happiness...they just let it slip away and dwell on bullsh*t

There now...I vented....happy me is back...smiles...needed that
That's great for some people, but there are a lot of reasons that prohibit traveling like that for others...then long distance is really not an option.

Jillybean31's photo
Sat 03/29/08 08:12 PM

I figured out early that 50 miles is my limit...was talking to too many nice fellas that were just too far away. If you keep talking to them and become good friends or wish you could meet them it just stinks...so no more long distance attachments...just friends.

Well when you get back to AZ let me know :tongue:
I thought you were way up north, shadow. Are you in AZ?

Jillybean31's photo
Sat 03/29/08 08:10 PM

Why do I feel like I'm under attack here and now there's ferrets and M&M's in the mix....help!

Did he use the ferret on you too? Cleans you up well, but you still feel dirty afterwards.
Ok, this is just getting creepy now! sick

Gee, thanks! Is that a secret code or something? Secret sex talk with this other...better, jillybean? laugh
Being sober makes me creepy. Hey Jilly, does IQ&A or GALA mean anything to you?
Gala as in a party? IQ&A as in questions and answers?

Nevermind, you aren't the same jillybean I was hoping you were. ohwell

Jillybean31's photo
Sat 03/29/08 08:07 PM

Jillybean31's photo
Sat 03/29/08 08:06 PM
Edited by Jillybean31 on Sat 03/29/08 08:08 PM

I agree silent...Im flying to meet someone because I think it is worth the risk....

Everyone is so worried about the almighty buck...what if you are passing up a lifetime of happiness....Is it not worth the money...we only live once...
It would take me a year of 3 day weekends to figure out if the person were worth moving for...to me. That's a lot of time to invest in a "seems really hot on the internet" hunch.

Jillybean31's photo
Sat 03/29/08 08:04 PM

Why do I feel like I'm under attack here and now there's ferrets and M&M's in the mix....help!

Did he use the ferret on you too? Cleans you up well, but you still feel dirty afterwards.

Being sober makes me creepy. Hey Jilly, does IQ&A or GALA mean anything to you?
Gala as in a party? IQ&A as in questions and answers?

Jillybean31's photo
Sat 03/29/08 07:59 PM
I figured out early that 50 miles is my limit...was talking to too many nice fellas that were just too far away. If you keep talking to them and become good friends or wish you could meet them it just stinks...so no more long distance attachments...just friends.

Jillybean31's photo
Sat 03/29/08 07:56 PM

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next