Community > Posts By > Trixie

Trixie's photo
Fri 11/05/21 03:33 PM

Getting annoyed with the fireworks. Some sound like scud missiles grumble

I do feel for you but your phrasing made me laugh.
I'm not keen on fireworks anymore either. It seems to be all about as noisy as possible and not pretty stuff up in the sky.
NYE came to mind earlier today. Not looking forward to that when it comes to the fireworks. I don't like the loud crap which usually begins weeks beforehand (kids) and my cats get really scared too. Usually takes a few weeks for them not to jump at everything anymore.

laugh

It truly sounds like a war zone here and I swear the fireworks get bigger and louder every year..sigh.

My cats hated them too and weren’t too happy when I wouldn’t let them out.

My ex sister in law had 3 horses which she stabled on Guy Fawkes night. She had a radio playing loudly in the stable and used to stuff cotton wool in their ears.

Smart thinking with the horses!
My cats just want to hide. If one happens to be outdoors when it starts to get worse (during the day usually) I won't see him for another few days. Once Bailey crawled inside the settee from the bottom side! He kept doing that for weeks after so I had to block it with something in the end.
Nila is quite bawsy but jumpy when it comes to loud noises so I fear the worst this year.
Maybe the music thing is an option.

Anyways... hope your ordeal is soon over for tonight! But ppl aren't allowed to set off their own fireworks, are they?

Unfortunately they are. Supermarkets sell them to anybody over the age of 18. Councils are no longer having firework displays due to Covid so that means more people are setting them off themselves.

It’s been awful here too Di, and my little dogs are already out of sorts after our little Teddy passed away on Monday :cry:. I pulled all the curtains early, let them in the garden to go to the toilet and then we all tucked up in the lounge with the tv on and I gave them a little treat each time there was a really loud firework. Trouble is the fireworks are on and off now right the way through to New Year tears

Trixie's photo
Fri 11/05/21 09:27 AM

Saying hello to Trixie! waving I've missed you, girl! flowerforyou

Hey Bonnie waving thank you, I’m just not in a good place at the moment :cry:

Trixie's photo
Fri 11/05/21 01:41 AM

Wishing Larsi’s cage a speedy recovery too :smile:

What happened?

Accident on the way into work on Monday. A mini van knocked me off the bike.

:heart: :heart: Thinking of you Larsi, we both had a traumatic Monday :cry: :heart: :heart:

Trixie's photo
Tue 11/02/21 05:06 PM

:heart: Thinking how much I miss my little dog Ted, and my other dogs are pining for him :cry: :heart:

Honey xxx ❤❤❤❤

:heart: xxx

Trixie's photo
Tue 11/02/21 05:05 PM

:heart: Thinking how much I miss my little dog Ted, and my other dogs are pining for him :cry: :heart:

Hugs to you, Trixie. Sorry for the loss of your furbaby. :heart:

:heart: Thank you so much Storm

Trixie's photo
Tue 11/02/21 05:04 PM

❤I'm so sorry for your loss :broken_heart:

:heart: Thank you so much Pumpi

Trixie's photo
Tue 11/02/21 05:02 PM

❤ Thinking how much I miss my little dog Ted, and my other dogs are pining for him :cry:

yeah it hurts when you loose a pet, your buddy, I've choose to refer to them as stray or feral buddies. Just take time to feel the hurt of loss, you'll get through it.

:heart: Thank you Mike, and yes the loss really does hurt :cry:

Trixie's photo
Mon 11/01/21 03:30 PM
:heart: Thank you for your lovely messages today, especially as my heart was breaking :heart:

Trixie's photo
Mon 11/01/21 03:29 PM

Trixie's photo
Wed 10/13/21 12:59 PM
waving :heart:

Trixie's photo
Wed 10/13/21 12:57 PM
Yay it’s me :heart:

Dee again?

Trixie's photo
Wed 10/13/21 12:35 PM
:heart: I think Pumpi has a crush on all of us, and she is such a lovely lady :heart: :heart:

Trixie's photo
Wed 10/13/21 12:28 PM
No … waving flowerforyou Hi Dee

Slim?

Trixie's photo
Wed 10/13/21 10:53 AM
waving flowers

Trixie's photo
Tue 10/12/21 03:37 PM
Banoffee pie :yum:

Trixie's photo
Tue 10/12/21 03:35 PM
Beautiful

Trixie's photo
Tue 10/12/21 03:33 PM
Well there’s obviously a lot going on, so I’ll just sleep in the spare room laugh

Trixie's photo
Tue 10/12/21 03:29 PM
He’s kind and caring

Trixie's photo
Tue 10/12/21 03:28 PM
waving

Trixie's photo
Tue 10/12/21 03:24 PM
Nope! laugh laugh

Slim ?

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25