Community > Posts By > hp20111

no photo
Wed 01/16/13 07:27 AM

Thats nice of you!! maybe u can help with my problem?
When i got my pc it was very fast at startup but now it starts very slow.. It gets fast to the menu for typing my password but after that it takes a lot of time to use it.

Sometimes this happens because we have too many programs launching at startup. In the search section under the windows start button type msconfig. Launch that and go to startup. Turn off any programs you don't need launching at startup. Make sure not to turn off windows stuff lol.

the most likely cause of this is not using short cuts on your desktop. Having the actual program icons will bog down the start up quite considerably

If that does not work try a system restore .. the problem could be stored in your current files however in which case you may need to preform a clean install where your hard drive is completly reformatted...

Many ppl recommend checking the startup folder.. two things though.. One depending on which OS you have there may be more than one and the OS likes to hide these from even the administrator of the OS.. so no guarantees that youll even be able to find it unless you know exactly where its at... even I would have to check my text book to find the exact locations...... and last but not least in all likelihood will probably not be the problem of a slow start-up if its taking 15-30 mins. to get going. Although could be.

De-fragging and AV software again could possible help but prolly will not.

First never do a system restore as that is where viruses do and can hide. Not to mention system errors that will be placed back on your system. Best to reformat and reinstall everything.Defragging is a waste like I said. Anybody saying to do so should go back to school and learn why it not necessary.
Read what I said above. Again he says it wont help so why even consider it. What t f did he even emntion it .True logic dictates that you only mention things that are true and factual and that work.
That is all I have ever done or will ever do.

no photo
Wed 01/16/13 07:16 AM

Ok AVG came recommended in my web-design class. Truly knowing which AV software works best is tough though. Very technical field security w/ cryptography recognizing sequences as potential threats. ect.

I had one virus and it caught (AVG) it. I have to believe that much of the viruses out there are caught by the OS. People make this great big god ^%&*^& deal about things they don't quite understand. Catching the Trojan horse .. not the most likely thing in the world though it does happen.

Realistically.... getting caught in a for loop with a loop terminator that will always be true such as 1 + 1 == 2 that makes your computer bog down... far more likely.. it ends as soon as you close the tab the page is on.

Best AV advice??? Do not be afraid to reinstall your OS and use an external HDD that can be unplugged. First... do a system restore ... if the problem persists then reformat and do a clean install but you'll loose some files by reformatting (keep the ones you really need on the external HDD).. best way to protect against someone that can view your files...unplug your HDD .. it is that simple.... any time you download something your granting access to your HDD ... a safety measure might be... download to your disk then after its been on your system for a while ... copy it to the external HDD... this does not compromise your privacy when granting a site permission to access your file system.

Total cop out as always u never take anyones advice. Really a web programmers room advice. Like you said tough to judge.
Facts are facts I stated them Bitdefender is number 1 by judges not by classmates or your "teacher" that doesn't make it his job to test in a non-bias way such as these judges have done. That is why Bitdefender is number 1 period.
Case in point the Facebook attacks only and I repeat only Bitdefender was able to stop it.
If you knew anything you would never do a system restore as thats where viruses can and do hide. Thats a fatal error and thats where errors of the os stay so u put back the errors of the os back on the "redone system"
In fact it becomes a retread waiting to pop while going 80mph - a disaster.

no photo
Tue 01/15/13 11:19 AM
Avast is a waste can and will cause problems. disk defrag is a waste of time it is so yesteryear.
It is the exact same program as dos 1.0
it was done because formatting took all day long and defrag took 4 to 5 hours.
Now you can format and reinstall programs in 20-30minutes so defrag forget it.

Bitdefender number 1 period 14 years straight
Ccleaner -cleaans up the crap -best again
- then u have to config ccleaner there are help in the help section on ccleaner site and yutube section on it.
unless u know what u are doing dont mess with the msconfig
goodluck

no photo
Tue 01/15/13 11:04 AM
Bitdefender is rated number 1 14 years straight as done by outside judges .
AVG and Kasperky exchange the number 2 spot so they are way better pos norton

Symantec=Mcafee=Norton - all part of Windows Dont care if you believe me or not its true. Intel owns them now.
These three are at the bottom they reside at the bottom of the list at the bottom 25

They conflict with themselves and others and cause major issues. Have done so with all of my clients . So stop the lieing. They are a resource hogs and eventually if not right away cause u to stop getting on the net or even getting to sites

Me, I have over 25+ years of experience.

Those are the facts.

no photo
Mon 01/14/13 12:26 PM
Edited by hp20111 on Mon 01/14/13 12:28 PM
1. u need an iso file of xp then having made the bootable usb with sardu it would boot. Do you have an iso file of xp sp3

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/burnisofile.htm

tells u what an iso file is. so if u have bitorrent u can download the torrent file or what is called have bittorent open it to ur hardrive .
When done downloading have sardu select and use it as the iso file for the xp iso file to boot and reisntall xpsp3.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:945e734e31e0c24949da8e81baa89ba3a37499a5&dn=Windows.XP.PRO.Corp.SP3.Unattended.CD-QS&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.istole.it%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.ccc.de%3A80

click that link which when bittorent installed u will have and run downloading with bittorent
goodluck

and or click get this torrent at this link :
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/5062751/Windows.XP.PRO.Corp.SP3.Unattended.CD-QS

cd key: V2C47-MK7JD-3R89F-D2KXW-VPK3J

no photo
Mon 01/14/13 07:12 AM

Yes ands its bs ITs information can be changed at any time so it cant be relied upon. I would go somewhere else for true factual information. In fact the GOV. Says as such.

no photo
Sun 01/13/13 06:39 PM
Edited by hp20111 on Sun 01/13/13 06:39 PM
u will need the xp .iso file as sardu will ask for it on running to install it on the usb then run the bootable usb u made with sardu

no photo
Fri 01/11/13 12:31 PM

Ive sethe bios to boot from usb,since the cdrom doesnt even read any cd i put inthus it wont bòotup i gues. Iwill instal a newer version of win2flash. Since the curent versn doesnt boot up. Iwill hava 100mb thisweekend thus pleas tel me if there is files imust downld to fix problms. Iwill also downld acröns howevr im guesing once i reinstal system files the problm wl b fxd. Thankyou4evry1help. Appreciate IT.

acronis is worthless its to see if your cd is working . however since u found out it isnt u dont need acronis.
you can try
http://www.sarducd.it/downloads/SARDU_2.0.6.3.zip

its a multi boot usb maker u need the iso file of the os. so u need xp sp3.iso if u want to install xp sp3 from a usb thumb drive its about 700 megs big

no photo
Fri 01/11/13 10:55 AM

Not sure that there is a huge difference between Chrome and Firefox unless your a developer. Although Chrome does sacrafice display quality for performance if you look closely (others might do the same... I just have not caught it yet).

All the browsers have more slender sleeker looking graphics ( which make them seem more modern ) then IE. IE's display is kinda blocky sort of like they did not use advanced antialiasing when displaying HTML files and other browser developers did.

That being said I recomend Opera or Safari (made by Apple). Opera has a really nice UI set up if you use the three icons on the bottom left of the browser. Chrome does not display certain elenments with the intended color. But most ppl would not notice. Safari has a great looking display and renders nicely. My site looks the best on Safari when I am cross viewing in browsers (some browsers display diffrerently then others) as most html files would.

First Chrome is a big differnce from firefox
Second apple deosnt make anything besides the os and even then its a piece meal of closed source linux.
Safari is mozilla based as most browsers are. Netscape is still being made well was as of last year. Firefox is the fork of it. Mozilla to be really accurate is the true fork. Every gui frame as it where comes from it . SO the mozilla company as it where made safari no apple.
Opera does have it quarks like no working with facebook games right ... the cookies /flash and images it blocks
firefox and chrome tend to be ok with that
so if u dont want a image or facebook problem stick with firefox.

no photo
Fri 01/11/13 10:55 AM

Not sure that there is a huge difference between Chrome and Firefox unless your a developer. Although Chrome does sacrafice display quality for performance if you look closely (others might do the same... I just have not caught it yet).

All the browsers have more slender sleeker looking graphics ( which make them seem more modern ) then IE. IE's display is kinda blocky sort of like they did not use advanced antialiasing when displaying HTML files and other browser developers did.

That being said I recomend Opera or Safari (made by Apple). Opera has a really nice UI set up if you use the three icons on the bottom left of the browser. Chrome does not display certain elenments with the intended color. But most ppl would not notice. Safari has a great looking display and renders nicely. My site looks the best on Safari when I am cross viewing in browsers (some browsers display diffrerently then others) as most html files would.

First Chrome is a big differnce from firefox
Second apple deosnt make anything besides the os and even then its a piece meal of closed source linux.
Safari is mozilla based as most browsers are. Netscape is still being made well was as of last year. Firefox is the fork of it. Mozilla to be really accurate is the true fork. Every gui frame as it where comes from it . SO the mozilla company as it where made safari no apple.
Opera does have it quarks like no working with facebook games right ... the cookies /flash and images it blocks
firefox and chrome tend to be ok with that
so if u dont want a image or facebook problem stick with firefox.

no photo
Fri 01/11/13 10:48 AM

Thankyou for everyonce advise. I will try everything everyone sugest.i will be able to download acronis in 12 hoursory i had limited funds to download that big file else i wud have tried it sooner. However i also wantodo a filerepair since their has been powerfailur that cud hav dmgd a file however i curently hav a problem with tryin to boot from usb. Ive presd f12 yet nothing hapn. Realtek booting is also on this pc.any1 know how it works. The cdrom hasnt been visible prior to the error. The cdrom has power yet it doesnt show in explorer. How do i activate drivr4cdrom. Anywz im trying to boot usb with win2flash itdoesnt boot up

If u can get into bios via when it says hit f2 or delete - or whateve key it says to enter set up look for bootup order u should be able to set it to cdrom. Then try a known cd/dvd that is known to work aka new one. The usb might need more power for it or not have the right files on it.

no photo
Fri 01/11/13 10:48 AM

Thankyou for everyonce advise. I will try everything everyone sugest.i will be able to download acronis in 12 hoursory i had limited funds to download that big file else i wud have tried it sooner. However i also wantodo a filerepair since their has been powerfailur that cud hav dmgd a file however i curently hav a problem with tryin to boot from usb. Ive presd f12 yet nothing hapn. Realtek booting is also on this pc.any1 know how it works. The cdrom hasnt been visible prior to the error. The cdrom has power yet it doesnt show in explorer. How do i activate drivr4cdrom. Anywz im trying to boot usb with win2flash itdoesnt boot up

If u can get into bios via when it says hit f2 or delete - or whateve key it says to enter set up look for bootup order u should be able to set it to cdrom. Then try a known cd/dvd that is known to work aka new one. The usb might need more power for it or not have the right files on it.

no photo
Thu 01/10/13 08:42 AM

I've posted five times in this thread to run Acronis Drive Monitor and this will be the sixth. Don't ask for advise unless you're willing to take it

yes, but if it wont boot because simply he media is scratched or the usb isnt setup right that acronis wont be worth a hill of beans.
So let her find out via f12, and let her see if the cd is bad and let her test a known good bootable cd/dvd media.

The hard drive testing utility I mentioned is a Windows program. No need to create a cd or usb bootable media. It's a program you install once the computer is boot up

I know that. Read the before post it what she has that has failed to work thats not working . You cant install when its failed media , and acronis wont tell u that. so she wont need that. She needs to test know good bootable media via the forced boot menu. As said before she could just have a bad cd/dvd.
Anyways good luck lady try the forced boot menu on known good boot cd or maybe give that xp cd/dvd one more try. Remeber to hit f12 to enter the boot menu.
WEll it should get you to the boot menu.

no photo
Thu 01/10/13 08:21 AM

I've posted five times in this thread to run Acronis Drive Monitor and this will be the sixth. Don't ask for advise unless you're willing to take it

yes, but if it wont boot because simply he media is scratched or the usb isnt setup right that acronis wont be worth a hill of beans.
So let her find out via f12, and let her see if the cd is bad and let her test a known good bootable cd/dvd media.

no photo
Thu 01/10/13 07:28 AM
Edited by hp20111 on Thu 01/10/13 07:30 AM
There is a force boot mode . by hitting f12 aka boot menu then it will have a boot menu and u can choose what to boot to. if it cant boot to any media that u have in it then the media is bad or cant be booted to /at all.

no photo
Thu 01/10/13 07:22 AM

It is a Zealz GK802 Quad Core Android Mini PC. Basically the most powerful device of it's kind for the price. It's under a hundred dollars and runs a full version of Android on you television which includes all the things Roku can do and a whole lot more and faster.

That's just me though and what I would purchase if I had the need for such a device which I don't. Roku's do what they do just fine, it's just they aren't nearly as powerful hardware wise as the GK802 I mentioned.

Roku's come with a remote control and the GK802 does not which is something to think about when purchasing. It does support USB or bluetooth input so you can plug a wireless USB or bluetooth keyboard and mouse

Not the most powerful for the price an Amiga stock has 14 min cores plus the cpu. Be it either true 16bit or true 32bit or true 64bit thats true 8bit.
so You can get a True 64bit a1200 keyboard size True beyond True HD . Which is better then the mac=pc true8bit graphics. for about 59.00.

granted still a great price for a pc

Ummm, that device costs like three hundred dollars when I looked on their website. We're talking about the sub hundred dollar range

those arent the true amigas as i said u have to look at the one from ebay I said A1200 or a600 depends on what u want and whats avaible.

no photo
Wed 01/09/13 10:12 AM

It is a Zealz GK802 Quad Core Android Mini PC. Basically the most powerful device of it's kind for the price. It's under a hundred dollars and runs a full version of Android on you television which includes all the things Roku can do and a whole lot more and faster.

That's just me though and what I would purchase if I had the need for such a device which I don't. Roku's do what they do just fine, it's just they aren't nearly as powerful hardware wise as the GK802 I mentioned.

Roku's come with a remote control and the GK802 does not which is something to think about when purchasing. It does support USB or bluetooth input so you can plug a wireless USB or bluetooth keyboard and mouse

Not the most powerful for the price an Amiga stock has 14 min cores plus the cpu. Be it either true 16bit or true 32bit or true 64bit thats true 8bit.
so You can get a True 64bit a1200 keyboard size True beyond True HD . Which is better then the mac=pc true8bit graphics. for about 59.00.

Yeah, but not looking for a pc :).

actually u are - but its called a mini pc

that what i said is an Amiga Hooks right up to a TV, but true ur choice
Whatever you choose whatch out for the hidden costs.

no photo
Wed 01/09/13 09:57 AM

no photo
Tue 01/08/13 09:53 PM
wrong read what i said using the amiga with the amiga os.. guess as the other guy says nobody listens anymore

no photo
Tue 01/08/13 04:34 PM
Edited by hp20111 on Tue 01/08/13 04:44 PM

I've got to replace my now dead desktop computer. Would you recommend a laptop or desktop? I do a lot of graphics and audio recording/editing work. I've already got surround sound speakers, so that won't be an issue. I also want to spend as little money as possible. BTW, it should be a PC rather than Mac. If you can suggest a specific make and model, it would be appreciated.

Thanks drinker flowerforyou

Figures get someone that gives u ill advice.
Intel has better technology period always has always will.

Fact Intel is better per each clock cycle- does more and has more power.I5 or I7 if u can get it cheaper. motherboard cpu combo, but watch what u get there also.
Intel isnt that much more expensive and in alot of cases cheaper.
IF you look at what Intel gives you more bang fro the buck it IS CHEAPER.

Video card -Nvidia- EVGA or PNY - Both are nvida chipsets just cheaper pricing
I would look for gddr5 or gdd6 with 1 or 2 gigs of ram for a video card
go for gddr 5 with 2gigs first if u cant get the other.

ASUS motherboard -INTEL also
Win 7
or PClinux os- its "32bit" but its proof its in the programming as its sees all my 16gigs and all my intel 8 core.
WD -seagate 1or 2 tera depends on the price - bang for the buck

As for 120fps Im a engineer you nor any pc=mac can get that. Look at the old movies with charlie chaplin that is true 55 fps see how fast they look.

a pc=mac maybe true 15fps.
Amiga can do with full screen with 64bit thats right true 64bit graphics 35fps. thats 64bits per each channel of superior r g b and e or what u would call 256bits plus the 8bit alpha then u would call that total 288bits.

Which is wrong as alpha is less bits depth which makes it alpha so all an all its 8bit or 8bitalpha.