Community > Posts By > hp20111

no photo
Tue 01/08/13 04:16 PM
Ebay and yes wrong amiga all amigas can run any form of hardrive as they where the first with scisi as well with first with usb and cd and blue ray and sata. The point is you cna get it off of ebay. I use mine(a1200/a4000) to unlock any hard drive. Really. It can be true 64bit . A1000 is true 16bit and can see any amount of ram and have had a true 64bit PArisc , true 64bit Alpha, and true 64bit sgi on the same system. The original 68000 cpu was automatically delegated to the desktop. Remember pc=macs are true 8bit.

no photo
Tue 01/08/13 04:08 PM
never use anything Microsoft. Never does anything good.MSE is a piece of crap.

Bitdefender has been rated number one 14 straight years. Yes they have a free version and a online aka a live version to scan your system.

Avg is great too.

Nev

no photo
Mon 01/07/13 05:58 AM

OK. I got a test for your Kung Fu. I likewise am a veteran computer builder and I do a lot of repair work as well. I do not write code or Program but I do know my way around hardware and know how to utilize the tools provided to effect repairs including rooting our DEEP virus infections. But i have had one challenge cross my path and this one is a toughie. A customer of mine handed me a laptop with Windows 7 that their daughter managed to change an administrator password that locked the hard drive of the computer. Before I say any more the hard drive is a Seagate SATA 80GB Momentus 5400.3. It has a password on the hard drive to lock it in the event the computer is stolen. I could not get past that password since the girl changed it and never wrote down the password effectively making the hard drive a paperweight.

I pulled the hard drive and installed it on my main workhorse computer and attacked to the SATA bus on the MOBO. My computer recognizes the hard drive but I could not wipe or format it without the password. the computer's owner wants me to install Ubuntu on it and I would gladly oblige but I cannot wipe or format that damn hard drive even with the assistance of some of the heaviest hitting software I have for wiping a hard drive including Disk genius, D-Ban, Active X Kill Bits, I mean I have tried everything I know including attempting to hack the password. How the hell do I get past the password and get this hard drive back to useable again? The owner is strapped for cash and I have found a new 120 GB Western Data for $35 but it would be nice to get THIS hard drive useable again.

I know for a fact this is going to be a challenge considering I have removed the hard drive and tried to just wipe it clean and instead got laughed at for hours by two of my computers!!

The computer in Question is a an ACER MS2220. The specs should be readily found online. Even SeaTools and Sea Gates Disk utility were a waste of time.

Actually
hook it up to an true amiga and amiga classic as it is with amiga os 3.1 with the patch fix or amiga 3.5/3.9.2 it will format it with no problem then u format it with the Amiga as ntfs. Then you format it raw with your win 7 os or linux and go pclinuxos ubuntu sucks.

no photo
Mon 01/07/13 05:44 AM

Interenet explorer will not load any pages....works ok in safe mode

google chrome works Ok in normal mode and safe mode

all other programs seem to work ok

no malware or virus per scans - malwarebytes used

ccleaner used also running norton antivirus

have tried the reset internet explorer feature and many FixIt solutions from microsoft

any help would be appreciated ! keep it simple please as I do not know
much about computer repair problems...Thanks

windows 7 home premium/x-64/toshiba satellite L755 laptop

A. tough to say come on get a grip anybody that doesnt say remove norton shouldnt respond

use norton removal tool-https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?docid=kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us&product=home&pvid=f-home&version=1&lg=en&ct=us

use firefox or opera im using opera
ie 9 sucks even microsoft admits it 10 isnt much better.

get ccleaner its awsome at keeping ur system tuneup cleaned

no photo
Mon 01/07/13 05:39 AM

Interenet explorer will not load any pages....works ok in safe mode

google chrome works Ok in normal mode and safe mode

all other programs seem to work ok

no malware or virus per scans - malwarebytes used

ccleaner used also running norton antivirus

have tried the reset internet explorer feature and many FixIt solutions from microsoft

any help would be appreciated ! keep it simple please as I do not know
much about computer repair problems...Thanks

windows 7 home premium/x-64/toshiba satellite L755 laptop

A.

no photo
Mon 01/07/13 05:38 AM

Please help the computer was fast and then it rebooted from recovering from serious problem automaticaly. Now it runs very slow and take ten min to boot. Please help

+

Sad to say most in here are wrong. Can be your hard drive or simply you need to do a fresh format and reinstall the xp and your drivers. You need to backup all of your favorites and documents aka pics movies and music also. Then again also you need to use ccleaner and config and run that. Plus it can be the antiviral program u are using. Is like your car needs a new tires and a oil and filter change so does the computer.

1 2 3 5 Next