Community > Posts By > Kleisto

Kleisto's photo
Thu 03/21/13 06:16 PM

A good deal of people do not GET the basic structure of Obamacare now, let alone when they were voting for someone who promised them a health care reform that would benefit the masses. That, I believe is why they vote away their freedoms, because they are promised utopia and believe it. They know not what they do.

Very very true......and also on Obamacare, the other thing they fail to realize as well is the fact that their care is gonna be dictated to them too. Ie if the government decides they don't need something, they won't get it, even if they die, and conversely if they decide they DO, they pretty much have to have it.

You're totally right though......most don't realize what they're doing, until it's too late. By then the damage is long since done.

Kleisto's photo
Thu 03/21/13 02:58 AM
Edited by Kleisto on Thu 03/21/13 02:59 AM

When it comes to Politics, I always start from the Principle of Freedom; I have the Right to Life.

I have the Right to Live as I see fit, and Receive the Rewards or Suffer the Consiquences of my Choices.

I have the Right to My Property, to Enter Contracts, To Exchange Goods and/or Services for Other Goods and/or Services.

A Good Number of People will as a matter of Practice, Vote against These Rights, Limit My Choices for what they Think is Best. They will Vote for People to Pass Laws to make me Conform to What they think is good for me.

I Never Got a License to Marry the Father of my Children, I Still Call Him My Husband, and he Calls me His Wife; Some would say that because we Never got a Piece of Paper from the State, we're not Married; Well, Who is the State to Decide for Us What Our Relationship is?

There are Those Who Say that I Must Provide for the Poor Through Taxes in a System that keeps the Poor in Poverty in a Form of Slavery Called Welfare So They Vote to Take Money that I Earn to Keep the Poor Enslaved to the State for Their Daily Needs. Just as Frederick Douglass Observed that Many Slaves were so Brainwashed into Believing that it was Only Master Who Could Provide, Many Who are Trapped into Welfare Believe that Only the State Can Provide.

There are Those Who Say That I Have to Contract With the Government for My Healthcare, though the Government has a History of Sub-Standard Care; But they Vote for it.

There are Those who Vote for a Mandated Minimum Wage, for what People Can Eat, Drink, Drive, Enjoy, and a Great Many other things. Can I not Decide for Myself the Terms of a Contract between Myself and Another? Can I Not Decide How to Tend to My Own Well Being & Enjoyment?

Are We Free Citizens or Subjects to the State?

what we cant do is expect the country to run accomodating EVERY individuals wants and needs and desires,, in a society much of what happens has to occur by a consensus of individuals,, because there are too many individuals for a society that would please all of them all the time,,,,

That's part of what living in a free country means though, respecting one's individual choices even if you don't agree with that choice, so long as it doesn't infringe on your own. Anything less isnt' free. If someone else disagreeing with something means they can take away what has value to you.......that's not freedom, that's just another form of enslavement.

but guess what, choices are limited in t his world,,,

if you want to swim on a beach, its probably not going to be available to you in the desert

freedom of choice doesnt mean that people have to offer every choice we want,,,,

but we do have the 'freedom' to travel to those places that provide the choices we 'prefer'

There's only two ways choices are limited, one is by way of where we are relative to what we want to do.....which is what your desert analogy is, and as such does not fit this argument, and the other is by men.....which is the actual topic here.

Freedom of choice is an all or nothing type deal, either we have the freedom to choose what we want to do in our personal lives so long as someone elses' right to do the same isn't infringed....or we don't. There is no in between here. Freedom of choice means exactly what it says....it means WE have the right to choose how to run our lives....someone else can't do it for us, bottom line. If at any point someone CAN simply because it goes against their moral or personal code that THEY choose to live by, then we don't truly have it. Freedom is not freedom if someone can take it away.

Kleisto's photo
Wed 03/20/13 10:41 PM

When it comes to Politics, I always start from the Principle of Freedom; I have the Right to Life.

I have the Right to Live as I see fit, and Receive the Rewards or Suffer the Consiquences of my Choices.

I have the Right to My Property, to Enter Contracts, To Exchange Goods and/or Services for Other Goods and/or Services.

A Good Number of People will as a matter of Practice, Vote against These Rights, Limit My Choices for what they Think is Best. They will Vote for People to Pass Laws to make me Conform to What they think is good for me.

I Never Got a License to Marry the Father of my Children, I Still Call Him My Husband, and he Calls me His Wife; Some would say that because we Never got a Piece of Paper from the State, we're not Married; Well, Who is the State to Decide for Us What Our Relationship is?

There are Those Who Say that I Must Provide for the Poor Through Taxes in a System that keeps the Poor in Poverty in a Form of Slavery Called Welfare So They Vote to Take Money that I Earn to Keep the Poor Enslaved to the State for Their Daily Needs. Just as Frederick Douglass Observed that Many Slaves were so Brainwashed into Believing that it was Only Master Who Could Provide, Many Who are Trapped into Welfare Believe that Only the State Can Provide.

There are Those Who Say That I Have to Contract With the Government for My Healthcare, though the Government has a History of Sub-Standard Care; But they Vote for it.

There are Those who Vote for a Mandated Minimum Wage, for what People Can Eat, Drink, Drive, Enjoy, and a Great Many other things. Can I not Decide for Myself the Terms of a Contract between Myself and Another? Can I Not Decide How to Tend to My Own Well Being & Enjoyment?

Are We Free Citizens or Subjects to the State?

what we cant do is expect the country to run accomodating EVERY individuals wants and needs and desires,, in a society much of what happens has to occur by a consensus of individuals,, because there are too many individuals for a society that would please all of them all the time,,,,

That's part of what living in a free country means though, respecting one's individual choices even if you don't agree with that choice, so long as it doesn't infringe on your own. Anything less isnt' free. If someone else disagreeing with something means they can take away what has value to you.......that's not freedom, that's just another form of enslavement.

Kleisto's photo
Tue 03/19/13 10:39 PM

when you share resources in a home, a community, or a culture

there is no absolute freedom,, our actions and inactions affect others, sometimes not in an immediate or obvious way,, but when we are connnected

our 'consequences' tend to connect too,, and in a republic, we vote with a majority of what we want those connections and potential 'consequences' to consist of,,,

I think some people vote against freedom,, but many others vote against a 'chaos' where everyone does whatever they want that doesnt cause 'immediate' and obvious harm to another individual,,

Adam Smith, who Published the Book "Wealth of Nations" (Published 1776) That in a Free Economy, Though People are Working Purely Out of Self Interests, They are in Fact Providing for the Common Good as the Market Sets the Prices on Goods, Services, and Labor.

Smith Compared the Economies Across Europe, and Throughout the Colonies of the Britsh Empire Across the Various Industries that were Employed at the Time; He Found that the People Who had the Greatest Freedoms to Pursue Their Own Interests, had the Stronger Economies With Greater Real Wealth and the Communities had Lower Poverty Rates with Greater Charities.

I Could List a Number of Examples of Economic Freedom, Where the Market Sets the Price of Goods, Services, and Labor leads to Greater Wealth, Redused Poverty, and More Charity as People are Free to Pursue Their Own Interests; but for Space & Time, I'll Leave that for Later Posting.

certainly its major generalizing to say people work just for self interest,,what about all the volunteer work people do? what about the jobs people take for less than what they can live on? There is plenty of reason beyond 'self interest' that people go to work

we may have had a 'stronger' economy during slavery,, that doesnt mean that was the best way to run a country though

things were different in 1776 and I dont know what standards smith used to compare economies

but now, plenty of countries with strong economies, also have laws and reguations which guide their 'free economy'

because its not all about economy or freedom or 'wealth', there is a thing called quality of life that the humane wish to continue having those strong economies with freedom and wealth, be tempered with,,,
tempered by whom?
Meddling Nobodies?

Votebuying Politicians?

Populist Demagogues?

by the will of the majority who defines the quality of life,,,,

Who exactly are WE to define what someone's personal quality of life is??? Please tell me? No one person or no one group should be able to dictate to someone else what is acceptable for them in their personal life. It just should not happen. That is not freedom if someone else can infringe on that simply because they personally don't like it. Unless they are infringing on your own rights, you have no right in taking theirs. People are different, they have different needs, wants and desires, different things that have meaning to them. Either accept that and deal with it or find a place that is better suited to you, because that's not what America is supposed to be.

Kleisto's photo
Tue 03/19/13 04:28 PM

What irritates me is the number of students who actually qualifiy for free school lunch (some schools as many as 80%) that do not get it because the parents have difficulty filling out the forms so the kids are not only tired but also HUNGRY which effects school performance.

What's even worse than this is the AMOUNT of food they get now on these "free" (aka paid for by everyone else) lunches, is so small now and it's streamlined as if everyone has the same needs, so even those who DO eat STILL go hungry, thanks to the new guidelines on calories and stuff. It is criminal to me that these kids are treated this way, but no one has the guts to truly challenge it. It's a damn shame, the children deserve better and we are failing them.

Not only that, but it's to the point now that EVERYONE is getting free lunches even if they can afford to pay it. Reason? It makes the district look good, so they get more money from the state. Meantime of course the taxpayers foot that bill. It isn't right, if a child can afford to pay for his own let them! Why should we be spending money on kids that don't need it or won't use it!

Kleisto's photo
Tue 03/19/13 01:53 AM

we dont have a 'right' to homeschooling

we have a right to be educated, there is a difference,,

http://www.right-to-education.org/node/226

If by education, you mean a right to receive government approved propaganda, which is all what schooling really is.......then yes we have that right. REAL education though......the type they'd rather you not know? Not at all......this type of thing illustrates that. THEY want to be the ones "educating" your kids.....and they alone.

I don't know about you, but that's pretty damn arrogant......maybe it means nothing to you that you can't raise your kids how you want (and no I'm not saying you should be able to raise them to be criminals before you even TRY to go there), but it does to me and a lot of others.

we cant SUBSTITUTE our own 'education' for that which has been evaluated to actually be of a benefit for the children to compete in the world,,,

If you think for one moment that public education that children are getting today, and have been for years..is meant as a benefit for them.....you are very very wrong. Go back and read that old German woman's testimony again.....and actually pay attention. The education system is designed to benefit the state, the kids mean nothing to them except what they can do for them. It's as simple as that.

Kleisto's photo
Mon 03/18/13 11:06 PM
Edited by Kleisto on Mon 03/18/13 11:08 PM

we dont have a 'right' to homeschooling

we have a right to be educated, there is a difference,,

http://www.right-to-education.org/node/226

If by education, you mean a right to receive government approved propaganda, which is all what schooling really is.......then yes we have that right. REAL education though......the type they'd rather you not know? Not at all......this type of thing illustrates that. THEY want to be the ones "educating" your kids.....and they alone.

I don't know about you, but that's pretty damn arrogant......maybe it means nothing to you that you can't raise your kids how you want (and no I'm not saying you should be able to raise them to be criminals before you even TRY to go there), but it does to me and a lot of others.

Kleisto's photo
Sat 03/16/13 05:53 AM

of course, we hate being told no,,,,,

we want full access to everything, damn the consequences,,,

Yes we do. Nothing wrong with that.

This is our world. Nobody owns it more than anyone else.

no, we cohabitate the world, which means it doesnt revolve around our personal wants and desires every moment,,

Take that statement, and apply it to yourself if you would please. Things aren't all about what you want or like either you know. Just cause YOU may not personally agree with someone's choices, doesn't give you the right to tell them they can't make them. This cohabitation thing goes both ways.....you need to respect their choices as much as you would want yours respected. To only want it the other way is hypocritical.

I am, I respect the laws, which are based upon the people and what their represntatives decide

no decision has the approval of EVERY person,,,thats how it works

I am in the group who would support this proposal, but the representative decided different so be it

I respect his decision even if I dont agree with it,, thats how it works

but I doubt , if it had turned the other way, many on the other side of the argument would feel the same

32 ozs vs 2 16oz?, seriously? with people starving and being shot down in schools etc,,,

THIS would be worth getting upset about? I dont understand it,,but we all choose our own battles I suppose

Laws and individual rights are not the same, and when you respect a law that is created to limit YOU, quite frankly you deserve your own enslavement, because you're not willing to fight for your freedom.

We cannot be a free people if other people can decide what we can or can't do for us, doesn't work now and never has, it's about as simple as that.

As for the rest......I'm not gonna bother explaining again it'll just go right back your ears clearly.

Kleisto's photo
Fri 03/15/13 11:42 PM

of course, we hate being told no,,,,,

we want full access to everything, damn the consequences,,,

Yes we do. Nothing wrong with that.

This is our world. Nobody owns it more than anyone else.

no, we cohabitate the world, which means it doesnt revolve around our personal wants and desires every moment,,

Take that statement, and apply it to yourself if you would please. Things aren't all about what you want or like either you know. Just cause YOU may not personally agree with someone's choices, doesn't give you the right to tell them they can't make them. This cohabitation thing goes both ways.....you need to respect their choices as much as you would want yours respected. To only want it the other way is hypocritical.

Kleisto's photo
Fri 03/15/13 05:52 PM

But we don't need the government to interfere in our lives using the excuse that they are trying to protect us from ourselves. We are not children.

This, in addition to that, these things never work anyway, if someone wants something bad enough they will get it somehow, law or no law. And by trying to take that thing they want away it just will make them want it more. Bans of any type never solve an issue no matter how much good intended they may seem, only education does.

Kleisto's photo
Fri 03/15/13 06:27 AM

I am gonna say this just once and once only Msharmony, so listen and learn.

What you are failing miserably to understand is, this is NOT just about soda pop and the right of the businesses to sell certain sizes and the right of the consumer to buy them....no this goes FAR deeper. What this and just about any other law that is passed to control ones behavior according to the wishes of the state, truly is about is power. It is their way of testing the waters to see just how much of our rights and freedoms they can get away with taking without us stopping them from doing it. On the surface does THIS affect overall freedoms and rights? Not entirely no, but what it DOES do is it gives them consent and license to take others, and others after that. It may not effect you, it may not effect a loved one right now, but one day they will come after something YOU enjoy, and what will you do then? Who will speak for you if there is no one left to do it?

So no, one law, one ban doesn't take away our freedoms, it is the collective chipping away like Jeannie said that does, and THAT is why we must always be fighting even the smallest infringements such as this, lest they grow to even bigger ones, because if they can take one thing away they WILL try and take others, and others after that until they have total power. It never ends at one thing.

The biggest mistake we as Americans make...and what they count on to keep their power unchecked and unchallenged, is to think they can't or won't do something. That's how they do what they do, and how we've gotten to where we are now on the verge of a police state, and if we don't stand up and stand up soon it will become a total one. We must not underestimate these people, for in so doing we seal our own fates.

If we value our rights and freedoms, we must protect them at all costs, even ones we disagree with, otherwise we risk losing them all. Then we'll wonder what happened......and the answer will simply be, we let it happen, we did it to ourselves via our apathy. We have the ability to stop this now, but we must wake up before it's too late, and that time is coming soon. Pick a side, you're either for us or for them.

That's all I'm gonna say.

I will say this once

transactions are not 'rights'

they are decided upon by any number of factors,, now health concerns is one of them,,,,,

probably best to get over it,,,,,have as many ounces of soda as you wish,, there is still no law against it,,,

Ha! That's a laugh, these people are the biggest hypocrites there ever were, they don't give a damn about your health, they care about what makes money, plain and simple, no matter if it makes you sick or not. If you think any of these things they force on people are health related you are very very VERY naive.

And you totally missed my point as usual....this is a microcosm of what their true goals really are.....but I'm not surprised somehow.....

And I'll never "get over it", as long as they are trying more and more power grabs I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit back and just let em have it.....and if you cared the least bit about your freedoms you'd do something too, but it's clear you don't and won't until they're all gone. Don't say we didn't try to warn you......

warn me about what? fighting my 'right' to drink 32oz of sugar in one container instead of via a refill,,,?

laugh laugh

yeah, I will leave that fight to others,,,,

like I said, you just don't get it.....but whatever I'm done trying to convince you. If you have to see it the hard way I guess so be it.

Kleisto's photo
Fri 03/15/13 03:00 AM
Edited by Kleisto on Fri 03/15/13 03:01 AM

What you are failing miserably to understand is, this is NOT just about soda pop and the right of the businesses to sell certain sizes and the right of the consumer to buy them....no this goes FAR deeper. What this and just about any other law that is passed to control ones behavior according to the wishes of the state, truly is about is power. It is their way of testing the waters to see just how much of our rights and freedoms they can get away with taking without us stopping them from doing it. On the surface does THIS affect overall freedoms and rights? Not entirely no, but what it DOES do is it gives them consent and license to take others, and others after that. It may not effect you, it may not effect a loved one right now, but one day they will come after something YOU enjoy, and what will you do then? Who will speak for you if there is no one left to do it?

So no, one law, one ban doesn't take away our freedoms, it is the collective chipping away like Jeannie said that does, and THAT is why we must always be fighting even the smallest infringements such as this, lest they grow to even bigger ones, because if they can take one thing away they WILL try and take others, and others after that until they have total power. It never ends at one thing.

The biggest mistake we as Americans make...and what they count on to keep their power unchecked and unchallenged, is to think they can't or won't do something. That's how they do what they do, and how we've gotten to where we are now on the verge of a police state, and if we don't stand up and stand up soon it will become a total one. We must not underestimate these people, for in so doing we seal our own fates.

If we value our rights and freedoms, we must protect them at all costs, even ones we disagree with, otherwise we risk losing them all. Then we'll wonder what happened......and the answer will simply be, we let it happen, we did it to ourselves via our apathy. We have the ability to stop this now, but we must wake up before it's too late, and that time is coming soon. Pick a side, you're either for us or for them.

I will say this once

they are decided upon by any number of factors,, now health concerns is one of them,,,,,

probably best to get over it,,,,,have as many ounces of soda as you wish,, there is still no law against it,,,
Yep,Transactions are the RIGHT between two Parties,and the Nanny-Government has NO damn Business to step in-between!
Regardless of how anyone wants to dilute Rights and mix them in with Privileges!

well said. the government is supposed to serve the people not the other way around.

Kleisto's photo
Fri 03/15/13 01:42 AM

I will say this once

Ha! That's a laugh, these people are the biggest hypocrites there ever were, they don't give a damn about your health, they care about what makes money, plain and simple, no matter if it makes you sick or not. If you think any of these things they force on people are health related you are very very VERY naive.

And you totally missed my point as usual....this is a microcosm of what their true goals really are.....but I'm not surprised somehow.....

And I'll never "get over it", as long as they are trying more and more power grabs I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit back and just let em have it.....and if you cared the least bit about your freedoms you'd do something too, but it's clear you don't and won't until they're all gone. Don't say we didn't try to warn you......

Kleisto's photo
Thu 03/14/13 06:21 PM

Kleisto's photo
Wed 03/13/13 07:59 PM
It's obvious to me you not only fail to see the issue of letting them do this number one, but worse you fail to see the hypocrisy of it. I could explain it till I was blue in the face and you still wouldn't get it. As such I think I'm done here.....no point, think what you want.

Kleisto's photo
Wed 03/13/13 05:23 PM
Edited by Kleisto on Wed 03/13/13 05:23 PM

and meanwhile, we become more and more obese as a nation, more than when our restaurant portions were much smaller and we had much less access to fattening foods on the road,,,

Im sure thats just a coincidence yet,, lets make sure it continues so we dont end up 'controlled'.......

No you wanna know WHY we are so damn obese? It's NOT about sugar ok? And even if it WAS only that forcing the consumer to change is not the answer and it won't work like education was, and I don't exactly trust the state to know what's good for me in the first place, again DIET drinks are even worse than these sugar drinks are, and yet they weren't under the ban. Sorry that doesn't work for me, one poison is as bad as another. I don't believe it's their business to dictate personal behavior as it is anyway, I value my freedom.....but course you know that.

But no this is NOT why we're obese. It's NOT about sugar, it's NOT about salt, it's NOT about fat.Forget anything you've been told about those things they all have a purpose. The REAL problem is everything ELSE in the foods!

We live in a time when food is more processed than it ever was.....go to any aisle in a supermarket and pick up just about any box or can. You'll find a list of ingredients a MILE wide, half of which you can't pronounce let alone know what they are! THAT is what is causing the problems.....we never had this crap 40-50 years ago, but the moment it popped up suddenly obesity skyrocketed, illnesses skyrocketed, and our overall health declined majorly. But I'm sure that's a coincidence right? Give me a break.

How else could you explain that in a culture that is MORE obsessed about diet, fat, and calories, than perhaps any previous one, that we are sicker than any of those that went before us? It makes no sense otherwise!

The fact is, the REAL foods are not the problem, it's what we're REPLACING THEM with that is. If anyone truly gave a damn about health, THAT is what they'd go after, NOT the consumers choice to buy the crap they market. Anything else is just rhetoric and BS.

But course they don't do that do they.......all the junk makes them too much money, to say nothing of how much they can make off drugs once people are sick from the stuff. They're all in it together.....it's a big money deal.

So you wanna attack something? You wanna see obesity fall? Go after the source, not the people. Otherwise you're just parroting what you hear from the elite in the end.

Kleisto's photo
Wed 03/13/13 01:24 AM
Edited by Kleisto on Wed 03/13/13 01:24 AM

The ones who want more will drink more, the ones who want less will drink less. Why is government involved?ohwell

motivation,,people are often persuaded by convenience

if its less convenient to drink 64 ounces, due to the price, people may atually settle for the size thats available and find they are satisfied

I think many people ordering those large drinks dont really finish them in the first place,,,

If you think for one damn second this was at all about health, you are sorely sorely mistaken. For one thing, they applied this restriction to ONLY sugary drinks, but diet ones were just fine even though those are far WORSE than any of the sugar filled ones they were legislating. That in itself shoots the theory of it being about health down right there.

If these people truly cared about health at all, the crap they allow in our drinks, to say nothing less of our packaged foods would never be there, yet that never seems to change does it? $$$ and power rules the day, always has, and this was more a power grab to see just how much more control they could take over people's behaviors than it was about any concern over health.

THAT was what the problem was with it, cause once they get an in it never stops there, NEVER. They go after something else, and something else, and something else after that. Soon, EVERYTHING is controlled by them, and then we wonder how it got there......well we'd have let them get there. We can't do that, we have to stop it before it can, and the way to do that is never let them get an in in the first place.

I'm glad it got shot down, they have way too much power as it is, nevermind having any more of it.

That being said.....let's assume for a second it actually was a health issue. Even if it was, it STILL wouldn't work because you're not EDUCATING. If someone wants a drink they will find a way to get it, law or no law, same goes for a business wanting to sell it, there will be workarounds, always have been. No legislation in the world can stop demand, didn't work for alcohol, doesn't work for drugs, doesn't work for prostitution......you name it and it doesn't. So why would this be any different? It simply wouldn't be.

We as a society are obsessed with telling people no all the time, without telling people why we shouldn't, from sex, to alcohol, to foods we eat, it is an epidemic. But it never works, why? Because we are going about it entirely the wrong way. As humans we want what we cannot have. If we are told we can't do something it's gonna make us want the thing that much more, it's gonna push us to rebel. That does no one any good from those wishing for self restraint to those acting out, but it is what you get when you constantly say "don't do this" instead of saying: "don't do this and here's why".

If you want to create a better person, teach them how to act responsibly, don't just tell them they can't do something cause you say they can't, it won't deter those who really want it anyway. In the case of this it damn sure wouldn't have. It's about education, not legislation.

Kleisto's photo
Fri 02/15/13 08:38 PM

Minimum wage has always been slave wages. It is not a living wage and it never will be.

When I first started working minimum wage was .75 an hour. Or maybe $1.25. I know I only made .75 an hour plus some tips.

wow.

I think it's more of a slave wage now than it would have been back then though......because back then prices were lower than they are now so that .75 would have taken you further than our current min wage would now. Least in theory that's what I'd think, but could be wrong.

Kleisto's photo
Tue 02/05/13 07:37 PM

it may go viral, it's the 3rd time it's been posted here todaylaugh

Good, I hope they put it on the MAJOR MEDIA.

If the Major Media does NOT pick this up, then that is proof positive that they are being controlled by the evil tyrannic cabal who wants to take our rights away.

I don't believe we'll ever see it on the major news programs

They might surprise us. I have seen and heard quite a few very anti-Obama things on the news recently.

Watch for the spin though....have to always wonder what their angle is as I'm sure you know.

Kleisto's photo
Tue 02/05/13 07:17 PM
Edited by Kleisto on Tue 02/05/13 07:18 PM

They are kinda silly as is anyone who believes these meters are a danger to their privacy.

The only difference is these can be read from the street by a wireless device instead of them having to come into the yard or having to search for them.

You are in the same "danger" from wifi.

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH scaryslaphead

What's scary is how many people increasing accept bs like this even when it means going AGAINST the will of some people in order to make it happen (to say nothing of charging said people as well, basically stealing their money). Then we wonder where our rights and freedoms went. Don't have to look far, we gave them away willingly. We are our own worst enemies......

Everything is a contract. If they refuse the meter and it is forced upon them they can legally refuse to pay the extra fee for reading it. They will have to put their protest in writing and then make sure they do not pay that fee.

I agree with that, I have gotten extremely into the idea of common law (and for that matter natural law) rights for this purpose lately. I know we are under no obligation to pretty much any law we are told to obey. Problem of course is, most don't, much less do they know how to fight against the laws if they argue against them at all which again some do not, making their own graves.