Hug XD (I is a huggy person)

FallingLikeRain's photo
Sat 12/06/08 07:58 PM

stairway

Oh really? I kinda like that song XD

FallingLikeRain's photo
Sat 12/06/08 07:50 PM

BUT,

The "War" has been going on for how long now?

My friend was sent over for his THIRD tour he was promised ONE year and then back in the states and home soon after that, he's in the reserves.

He left on January 2. 2007.

Spent a month or so in Texas and then off to Iraq. That put him home around April or May at the latest.

He just got word that he will be IN Iraq til at least July.

I'm not very happy about that.

If anyone wants to send packages to him or his unit, email me and I'll give you details.

I'm venting......

I guess there's nothing to correct my "wrongness" about.

I hear ya hun! My dad wasn't over there for very long, but he came back severly injured. He did however spend a ton of time in Bosnia. The whole three years we lived in Germany, he was supposed to be in Bosnia for 6 months, ended up there almost two years.

FallingLikeRain's photo
Sat 12/06/08 07:42 PM
IDK if this is a classic, but:

Barracuda

FallingLikeRain's photo
Sat 12/06/08 07:24 PM

I wasn't in the military, but my dad was. His last company was the 571st Medivac out of Fort Carson, Colorado.

I also had my younger brother in Iraq for 4 years, my older brother was in the Serbian conflict back in '92 for a few months...my dad also spent like 10yrs in the army...my grandfather fought WWII...well guess what, on the Axis side. waving I come from a family where military was something you just gotta do.

waving Same here XD My grandpa was stationed in the Aleutian Islands, and my step grand father was in ther service as well, I just don't know what he did. I plan on continuing the tradition one day.

FallingLikeRain's photo
Sat 12/06/08 07:16 PM
I wasn't in the military, but my dad was. His last company was the 571st Medivac out of Fort Carson, Colorado.

FallingLikeRain's photo
Sat 12/06/08 06:53 PM
Edited by FallingLikeRain on Sat 12/06/08 07:43 PM
A telescope and a baby sister (the same christmas) XD

FallingLikeRain's photo
Sat 12/06/08 04:39 PM

Thank you, both of you. Your thoughts and strength is needed, a lot. *hugs* I just wish I had answers...you know?

Darlin take some time for you,, rest if you can,, and just know we are here for you

Answers will come in time,,

Please take care of yourself and be surrounded by those that love and support you. Giving you (((HUGS))). You know where to find us.

It helps to know that you two are here for me...Thank you. *is hugged.* *hugs*

FallingLikeRain's photo
Fri 12/05/08 09:16 PM
Facts

FallingLikeRain's photo
Fri 12/05/08 08:55 PM
Thank you, both of you. Your thoughts and strength is needed, a lot. *hugs* I just wish I had answers...you know?

FallingLikeRain's photo
Fri 12/05/08 08:23 PM
I know you
I walked with you
Once upon a dream

School was fairly normal that fateful Wednesday afternoon. She was getting ready to audition for “Once upon a mattress”, the school musical, and looking forward to hanging out that weekend with her friend and their horses. School went as quick as it usually did nearing the middle of the week. Lunch was a blast, she sat with Stephanie and a rare visit from an acquaintance brightened her day. She had one period left to the day then she could hang with Halley and the rest in front of the school before she went home to do homework. Little did the high school senior know her world was about to come to a grinding halt.

I know you
The gleam in your eyes
Is so familiar a gleam

The clock ticked by painfully slow as she faced the last ten minuets of class. Ricky sat behind her and one row to the left. Angel sat directly in front of her. She turned and gave a smile to Ricky and asked about the movie they were watching. Angel too joined the conversation that ran to the bell. As usual, she stayed a bit behind and talked with the teacher. She moved down the rapidly emptying hallway and toward the front of the school where she knew the group was waiting. She stopped casually in the hallway and talked with a friend as the teachers were all running to a meeting. The bus loop was empty and very few people were left out front, however, she knew something was wrong. Halley looked unbelievably upset, most everyone did, even Ricky who never showed emotion.

“Halley, what’s going on?”

She asked as she embraced the sophomore she had taken under her wing. The girl’s eyes watered and her voice hitched as she spoke the words that would rock the senior’s world:

“Aadil is missing!”

It was all the senior could do to keep from falling over.

“Wait, what? Hal, what are you talking about?”

She took the girl by the shoulders, demanding to know what was going on. Since Thanksgiving break, a friend of theirs, Matt, had been missing. Halley looked away and wiped a tear from her face.

“Aadil and Allegra are being accused of murder and they have been missing since yesterday! They think they…”

Her voice broke.
“They think they found Matt’s body.”

At that moment a friend of theirs, Sam, appeared from the building being supported by Katy, she was in tears. Everything seemed so surreal; she just couldn’t wrap her mind around it. She folded Sam and Katy into a hug, embracing them while tears streamed down her face. Michelle, another friend was falling to pieces in the bathroom. Matt was her boyfriend.

I know it's true
That visions are seldom
All they seem

The drive home that day was horrid, tears clouded her vision, sobs racked her body; being home was just as hellish. The moment she stepped through the door, her grandmother knew something was wrong and asked about it. She broke down in tears, letting the hurt and pain fill her. It just couldn’t be true! Aadil and Allegra and Ryan and Drew, they couldn’t have killed Matt, it wasn’t true! Sullenly, she ate dinner, took the medication she was on for her infection, crawled into bed and cried herself to sleep. She knew the next morning would be hell and she needed to steel herself.

But if I know you
I know what you'll do

Her resolve faded the moment she saw Sam. Tears tracked down her face again as she held her sobbing friend. Soon, she was holding more of her friends, one or two at a time. The day progressed much the same way, leaving class sporadically, bursting into tears, being dragged to counseling. Several time she even skipped counseling in favor of holding onto a friend who was in far worse shape than she. Anger flooded her being as people who knew nothing talked like they knew everything. People saying that Matt got what he deserved and some said that they hoped the so called murderers rotted in hell. It was all she could do not go around beating people up for being jerks and insensitive. By the end of the day, she just wanted the nightmare to be over. She wanted Matt to ninja out of somewhere and say he wasn’t dead, that it was a good joke. She didn’t want Aadil and Allegra to be charged with murder. She didn’t believe it.

After school, she found out about Ricky’s display of emotion as he said she should have been there.

“I don’t think I could have managed that…”

She said in all sincerity. After she left, she met up with a friend in Borders, and sat for an hour, pretending everything was normal. That the group was still there, together, all three of the pillars still there.

You'll love me at once
The way you did once
Upon a dream

Friday, she felt empty. She was calm and composed as she walked into the school. She held her friends again; most of them chose to stay home, finding it too difficult to face the day at school. Once she made her way to the counselor’s office, another time one of her best friends held her while she cried, the walls she had built up crumbling under the extreme pressure of reaming strong, a third time, another friend consoled her at lunch as she cried through the pain. She believed she saw them everywhere; in a crowd, in the hallway, even walking down the street. She was not handling anything well. After school, she waited again, not wanting to go home and watch the news and hear what the media was saying about her friends. She was convinced that Aadil didn’t do it. He would rather die than betray his friends and Matt was like his brother. She knew, deep down inside of her that he was innocent. She also knew that he sort of was dying to protect his friends in a way, that he had pled guilty only to not give up his friends. His code of honor ran so deep that it was ingrained into his very being.

She found everything so difficult to handle that she wrote this article in third person, past tense, just to get it out. That senior girl is the one posting this message and the Friday mentioned was today. Everything, all of the eventns mentioned are real, the people are real...they story is here ---> http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/4070024/

I am feeling lost and confused and I just don’t know anymore…

FallingLikeRain's photo
Fri 12/05/08 08:03 PM
I think you have voiced some of my emotions...gosh...I really do wish I could be an iguana right now...

FallingLikeRain's photo
Fri 12/05/08 06:35 PM
XD Thanks, but it's kinda not finished...Ther eis a story to go along with the lyrics..i was jsut testing out some coding on the lyrics.

FallingLikeRain's photo
Fri 12/05/08 06:21 PM
Edited by FallingLikeRain on Fri 12/05/08 06:21 PM
<center> I know you
I walked with you
once upon a dream </center>

FallingLikeRain's photo
Thu 10/30/08 09:12 PM

70's disco alien:smile:

O.o; uh... Disco alien? That works, sounds like that costume was a lot of fun to put together.

FallingLikeRain's photo
Thu 10/30/08 09:10 PM

depends i get off work at 5 and what ever i can throw together is what ill be. then taking my bros kids around the block a few times.

Awe...thats cute XD

FallingLikeRain's photo
Thu 10/30/08 09:09 PM
?

FallingLikeRain's photo
Thu 10/30/08 09:06 PM
HALLOWEEN! what are ya'll gonna be tomorrow for parties, trick or treating with the kids, or other things?

I am a mourning bride...more specific, my name will be Catherine Mae Alcott, and I shall be a character from my book I am writing...