Community > Posts By > It_Gyrl

It_Gyrl's photo
Sun 11/09/08 04:59 PM
Had someone shout it at the top of their lungs in a crowded public place......

then they tacked "but she doesn't feel the same about me" at the end of that declaration..

so yeah, that took all of the fun out of it...lol

It_Gyrl's photo
Sun 11/09/08 04:56 PM
Hmmm.. I can't remember if I've answered this thread already..

What was the question again? slaphead

Ah yes...

Taken/in a relationship

but if I had to get all technical, I'm single
since I really don't wish to marry anytime soon

It_Gyrl's photo
Sun 11/09/08 04:51 PM
I'm waiting for someone to describe
the four legs
fur
whiskers

and the meowing

It_Gyrl's photo
Sun 11/09/08 04:47 PM

i smoke rocks

Would your name happen to be Bobby Brown or Whitney Houston?

drinker smokin drinks ill

It_Gyrl's photo
Sun 11/09/08 04:37 PM

I do tend to watch what I say on the forums for many reasons. Actually in person I tend to joke around more and I'm very out spoken as well. In person I will say what ever comes to my mind at the time all in fun of course. bigsmile

^
^
^

what she said

It_Gyrl's photo
Sun 11/09/08 04:20 PM

I would go anywhere there was free food!!!:tongue:

Ok, well I might reconsider if the free food was actually GOOD...lol.

That's a general rule that should apply to any and every function. drinker

The last weddings I went to YEARS ago had food that sucked... AND there was no wine or champagne to wash out the taste of said sucky food...lol

Last wedding I went to was open bar! The food was ok.

Makes me wonder whether people should forego the food and just have the bar.....

then I remember that youtube exists and everyone's drunk uncle from some wedding party has been posted up with 100,000 views. drinker drinker drinker

It_Gyrl's photo
Sun 11/09/08 02:56 PM
nope

It_Gyrl's photo
Sun 11/09/08 02:50 PM
hmmm...

can't date anyone who whines

*sigh*

It_Gyrl's photo
Sun 11/09/08 02:32 PM
stalk him back and
tell him about the 16 kids you want to have with him.
Let him know that you'll help him find 2 other jobs to support your new family plans.
Let him know that you're daddy, the gun instructor, wants to meet him tomorrow to talk about the shot-gun wedding next week

If he can be crazy, you can be crazier!

Just kidding...

but seriously I think there is a way that you can block a person's IMs to you on this site..

good luck, hopefully you'll get some relief from this irritant

It_Gyrl's photo
Sun 11/09/08 02:27 PM

If I can go to a tupperware party....I can go anywhere!!!@@@!!drinker

*croak*

I can't even do a tupperware party..

you must be superwoman..lol

It_Gyrl's photo
Sun 11/09/08 02:23 PM
Edited by It_Gyrl on Sun 11/09/08 02:24 PM

I would go anywhere there was free food!!!:tongue:

Ok, well I might reconsider if the free food was actually GOOD...lol.

That's a general rule that should apply to any and every function. drinker

The last weddings I went to YEARS ago had food that sucked... AND there was no wine or champagne to wash out the taste of said sucky food...lol

It_Gyrl's photo
Sun 11/09/08 02:16 PM
Edited by It_Gyrl on Sun 11/09/08 02:19 PM
My best friend is gay and in a committed relationship...
several other friends are gay...
some men in my life I wish were gay (so they'd leave me the hell alone)..
I've gone to the PRIDE parades in support
I'm a strong supporter of gay rights period
I spend a lot of time at my friend's home
I actually spend so much time with him that he calls himself my fake husband
I watch LOGO and I love the movies & tv shows on that network
I have all seasons of The L Word on DVD..and I watch them often (my friend finds it amusing that I watch a lesbian based show since as he says.. I'm the straightest woman he's ever met)
I'd go ALMOST anywhere my friend invites me to

but I've never had the interest in attending a wedding period... gay OR hetero

so I guess my answer technically would be no.

It_Gyrl's photo
Sat 11/08/08 11:21 AM
not all of the time

unless I say so, damn it!
laugh

It_Gyrl's photo
Sat 11/08/08 11:05 AM
Hahaha, so true!

Ah well, I'm pretty consistent

I don't like Christmas music... and I hate the repetitiveness ....... BUT I also do NOT like most music on the radio now, and I don't listen to music on radio because it is repetitive. I do not understand how people put out special requests for songs that will be played again within the hour anyways.....

and well, I do not believe that looks don't matter, it's ONLY what's inside that counts........ damn that! I think I hear something in my head go "oh brother!" when I hear people say that 'line'.........
Appearances ARE important, and I look at the physicality as well as the personality. I take an important look at the physique, the clothes, the teeth, the hair, etc..... and I admit it upfront and will continue to do so.

For the most part, I'm pretty much a 'say what I mean and mean what I say' woman...
I have a decently universal standard, but I'm sure if I dug around a bit for some self- irony, I may be able to pull something up. Who knows?

It_Gyrl's photo
Sat 11/08/08 10:43 AM
Edited by It_Gyrl on Sat 11/08/08 10:52 AM
... who smokes
... is an alcoholic
... does not read a book now and then
... can't read a book period!
... has the intellect of a rock
... can't do basic reading/writing/arithmitic
... lives with their parents (for no valid reason)
... has no job/career and has no intention of getting one..and a good one at that (see the parent thing above)
... expects me to take care of him (I don't have,nor want kids... and I damn sure don't need a grown one either)
... has no car (and has no intention of getting one, [unless he lives in a heavily populated city with a multitude of taxis, cars aren't neccesary in places like NY...but I live outside of ATL in the suburbs damn it!..lol])
... is clingy
... is insanely jealous
... who is critical of education or any type of learning
... is ignorant of general ideas or the world around him
... has no communication skills
... does not travel and has no desire to go anywhere new
... has no concept of creativity
... is disrepectful of others
... is immature
... has kids
... wants kids
... is bad in bed
... isn't blunt,direct,honest,full of integrity
... doesn't have teeth
... does not keep himself well-kempt/ is a sloppy dresser (sorry, appearance DOES matter)
... has poor hygiene
... is a religious fanatic
... is a controlling person
... is way too damn old... I don't need another daddy. I like men around my age ..can be slightly older or younger, but if you sat next to my dad in school, you're out of your league with me.

Ok this is getting long, I'll stop here.. *smirk*

:banana:

It_Gyrl's photo
Sat 11/08/08 10:09 AM

Awwww I love Jehovahs Witnesses... I mean really how many other religions do you see making such an effort. I am always polite and take whatever literature they want to offer me.

I sort of agree..

I mean, I wouldn't say I love them, and I usually can't hear my doorbell when I'm upstairs, and I rarely open my door in the morning hours that they come (see, that's why it's "sort of"..lol)

but I agree that they really do believe in their religion and make an effort. In addition, most are great, fairly quiet neighbors. Most are nice co-workers. The ones I've met are just genuinely nice all around.

I'm simply not religious, and I don't care for others constantly trying to talk to me about religion, but I admire that they do try to live by their convictions... and as the Bible does give instruction to preach house to house, they are only doing what they've been instructed to do.

If I say that I'm not interested, they simply thank me for my time and move on. Maybe others have come across the more 'fanatically religious' ones, but so far I've never needed a ploy to rid of any who come to my door.

*shrug*

It_Gyrl's photo
Sat 11/08/08 09:58 AM

I'm even a stickler for grammar in my text messaging.

I concur.

It annoys me immensely when a text is ALL shortcuts and/or acronyms...and if additionally the grammar is bad, I just stop bothering to try deciphering what was typed. It's easier to type it out correctly the first time, that way the returned text won't read "HUH?" or "what did you say?"..... or in the language that short-handers would understand, "WTF?"...

In any case, if the text is not understood by the recipient, the text has to be re-typed longhand in response... which ends up taking up the time that was 'supposed' to be saved by shorthanding, no?

It_Gyrl's photo
Fri 11/07/08 11:59 AM
Edited by It_Gyrl on Fri 11/07/08 12:02 PM
*shrug*

"brotha"???

ok, nevermind that...

As for me...

always always always have dated interracially..
(I grew up in Italy, then upon moving to the US I'd always lived in non-minority neighborhoods, so interracial is natural and the norm to me)

never had a problem finding extremely nice, stable, intelligent, goal oriented, articulate/eloquent, and handsome men of opposing race (both older and younger) to date/have a relationship with....

(I mean, I lived in MS [of all places] for several years, now right outside of Atlanta [predom black population], yet I still have never had a problem meeting sane, eligible people of opposing race)

When I was in IL on a work assignment a few months back, several women asked me the same thing you've just asked...
I have my opinions as to why, but that's all it is..opinion. No one can say for sure ...

It_Gyrl's photo
Fri 11/07/08 11:35 AM

No. My coworkers are always ugly.

Damn, I was going to say the same thing..lol
(and well, it's true)

so I guess, I concur!

It_Gyrl's photo
Fri 11/07/08 11:32 AM

Um... I HATE arguing with a passion..
I'd rather not engage the person..

Arguing means that I have to at least act like I'm part of the interaction..

If I'm ignored by my SO, I can get some rest, or catch up on my reading, or watch a movie in peace.............................then I can slide out of the door to meet up with the cooler, hotter guy who doesn't argue with me or ignore me.

win/win!

lol

I'm so twisted!