Community > Posts By > OpenWounds

OpenWounds's photo
Fri 08/15/08 03:27 PM
I still have the most gods, you know.

On a serious note though, I have to agree that faith should be viewed as an abstract, perhaps intangible entity. It doesn't need science to back it up, and neither does the existence of science automatically negate faith (or vice versa).

Also, why do we seem so bent on disproving each other's beliefs? Why isn't it enough to accept that someone believes in something you dont, or believes in it differently?

If it's because you (I'm talking generally, not to a specific one of you) believes you need to act as some kind of saviour, then perhaps it's time you accepted that some people just dont want 'saving'.

If it's because their beliefs offend or upset you, then seriously, get a life. Just get on with what you do or dont believe, and leave everyone else alone. It really shouldn't trouble you.

If you want to educate other people about your point of view, then go for it. Just remember that passing information shouldn't have to be done as some kind of personal, patronising attack on someone's lifestyle.

Let people disagree with you, for goodness sakes. If you're so certain that you're on the right path, why should you care if anyone disagrees?

OpenWounds's photo
Fri 08/15/08 03:13 PM
I think, sometimes, it's just best to move on

OpenWounds's photo
Thu 08/14/08 03:54 PM

Why is everyone so obsessed with creationism? A world of potentially engaging theological and moral topics, and this complete bloody dodo of a conversation keeps coming back up like a dodgy curry

Why, you ask?

A desperate need to be right.

Another reason i'm happy to be a nice, simple pagan. We're not afraid of things we don't know, and accept that we really don't know much at all. A little mystery makes the world more fun anyways.

OpenWounds's photo
Thu 08/14/08 03:51 PM
Sir Cocksalot.

not really, but i just might.

OpenWounds's photo
Thu 08/14/08 03:50 PM
no tickling for me thanks.

A past girlfriend once tickled me in bed. i shot out of the bed sideways and nearly knocked myself out on the radiator. Killed the mood slightly.

OpenWounds's photo
Thu 08/14/08 03:47 PM
My insecurities tend to stop me forming relationships. If i can get past them enough to get into one, they they're easier to manage

OpenWounds's photo
Thu 08/14/08 03:44 PM
Why is everyone so obsessed with creationism? A world of potentially engaging theological and moral topics, and this complete bloody dodo of a conversation keeps coming back up like a dodgy curry

OpenWounds's photo
Thu 08/14/08 03:40 PM
Yep, and it's probably cuz i look like a cross between quasimodo, john merrick and a foot.

OpenWounds's photo
Thu 08/14/08 03:21 PM
Wait, what?

What kind of men do you hang out with!?

OpenWounds's photo
Thu 08/14/08 03:18 PM
Oooh! Also everything i carry around with me has to be in the correct pocket, even down to my spare change and a pen. (right pocket and left pocket respectively) If i accidently put something in the wrong pocket, i'll think i've lost it

OpenWounds's photo
Thu 08/14/08 03:12 PM
My love of motor racing, my cynicism, my love of travelling and probably a whole load of stuff im not even aware of

OpenWounds's photo
Thu 08/14/08 03:08 PM
If i want to go upstairs fast, i go on all fours like a little kid.

I habitually drop into a faux eastern european accent when i'm feeling silly.

I creep up behind people i know, just so i can pull faces at them when they turn around

I... aw you know i could be here for years doing this.

OpenWounds's photo
Thu 08/14/08 03:02 PM
you'd have been at least 22 when i was born. Doesn't work for me i'm afraid

OpenWounds's photo
Thu 08/14/08 02:48 PM
No, damnit!

OpenWounds's photo
Thu 08/14/08 02:24 PM

Dont they send out those "scouts" that go check it out and find food and then they come back? Ants are pretty complicated but each one has a specific role. If they were as large as men, they would be able to pick us up and throw us with those jaws of theirs. laugh

your thinkin about indians baby, scouts! :tongue: laugh

Pff, indians can't throw you with their jaws. Can they?

OpenWounds's photo
Thu 08/14/08 02:22 PM
Oh of course. Why? Hey, i can't go into that without sounding like i'm on a self-pity-fest

OpenWounds's photo
Thu 08/14/08 02:17 PM
What's going on? Where did all the real words go?

OpenWounds's photo
Thu 08/14/08 02:14 PM
My ex used to ask girls out for me (without my permission), so she could watch them turn me down. It was a somewhat confusing experience. She was crazy.

OpenWounds's photo
Thu 08/14/08 02:12 PM

am not a thing so i know for sure u wont be spanking me:tongue:

I'll happily spank your car though.

OpenWounds's photo
Thu 08/14/08 02:05 PM
For me, it'd have to be the mandatory sex change. Then the sex with men.