Community > Posts By > JRonin

JRonin's photo
Thu 06/20/13 12:13 AM

Sounds like the makings of a good soulful song lyric comp.

Kudos! Im into acoustic guitar myself but nowhere near the level of even decent. Have to put in more practice this summer!

But great job, sounds beautiful
drinker thank u..i got 3 more vids on YouTube..& 2 more coming soon of the new ones I wrote & posted.."u sure taste good"drinker &" life thru the whiskey glass"

huh! one song makes you hungry,the other one thirsty, lol

I've got a few poems up myself if you wanna check them out.

Hope the songs work out and stuff!

JRonin's photo
Wed 06/19/13 11:05 PM
Bon Iver's "Woods" is a great song!!

Really hypnotic and soothing, despite the fact that he actually CAN sing and did this particular song on autotune, lol.

JRonin's photo
Wed 06/19/13 11:01 PM
<-----RATE THIS GUYS PROFILE AND PICS WITH MANY COMMENTS BELOW.

VIEWS ARE NICE BUT HE"S LOOKING FOR BRAVER TYPES WHO ARE NOT AFRAID TO MAKE THEMSELVES KNOWN.

Me: Um.....can you stop that please?

CAPS LOCK: WHAT?

Me: That!

CAPS LOCK: IT ONLY WORKS IF YOU TURN ME OFF, GENIUS.

Me: Huh? Oh, right, okay, ummm....ah! Here we go! *click!

CAPSLOCK: NO! WAIT! I WANT TO LIIIIIIVVVEEE...!!!!*clicked off!

Me: Whew! That was a close one!

As you can see I'm a real dude with an intact sense of humor if you dig that sorta thing....or general offbeat humor more like, but anyway, you know what to do!

Hopefully you have a sense of humor as well....you know, unless you're ... a robot or sumthin'!

No Robots Please,
J.

flowerforyou

JRonin's photo
Wed 06/19/13 10:44 PM

Yeh, women are in general physically weaker,....

Now how about the Men start giving birth for a change?

We are so weak....... you have the babies.

If we had babies we'd DIE. Without the childbearin' hip capacity females have, not only would we bleed to death internally, the pain and stress would quite literally kill us, lol

Modern medicine is pretty amazing. They do sex change operations.
I'm sure they could implant a womb into a man and then cut him open to get the baby out.

It could happen.bigsmile

I think I'd almost watch that reality show, hahaha!

JRonin's photo
Wed 06/19/13 10:29 PM

Yeh, women are in general physically weaker,....

Now how about the Men start giving birth for a change?

We are so weak....... you have the babies.

If we had babies we'd DIE. Without the childbearin' hip capacity females have, not only would we bleed to death internally, the pain and stress would quite literally kill us, lol

JRonin's photo
Wed 06/19/13 09:52 PM
Edited by JRonin on Wed 06/19/13 09:54 PM

I prefer to just walk away from it. Not worth bothering with. I'd rather just be graceful about it. What good does it ever really do to get involved in other people's drama anyway?

if the topic is worth getting across in a few carefully rendered sentences, then I can debate something, but if it gets into someone yelling their point at me, I usually, just figure "well, I'm really not gonna be the one to change their mind about this topic."

I know others have very passionate views about things, and so do I, and if they clash, that's okay too. I just let that person be comfortable in their stance, usually. Nothing is really worth arguing over unless it has a degree of importance to me.

But sometimes it does bug me that certain people feel the need to interrupt and interject their opinion to the point where they get indignant or loud or something. Few days ago I was shocked into silence by the woman im in a relationship with and.....well, I haven't really talked to her in a few days since then. Hated it so much that it surprised me that the one I claimed to love just didn't want to hear anything I had to say, and kinda acted like it was their way or the highway.
So....now the relationship is in question...
...its not that I need her to agree with me or anything like that, but when a person you care about doesn't want to even discuss what your opinion is on a subject...it might be time to redefine who this person is. Or COULD be.

whoa.....I think that's the whole reason Im ON mingle2 in the first place! Not to find a new girl per se, but I guess just to satisfy a need to be validated/heard or whatever.

surprised <----revelation face!

JRonin's photo
Wed 06/19/13 09:31 PM
So, comments critiques? I'd love to hear from you guys if you have anything to say.

Thanks for viewing anyway. Visit my profile and let's chat, k?

And I'll be posting more stuff in the forums if you'd liketo hear more.

See ya!

J.

JRonin's photo
Wed 06/19/13 09:25 PM

to pb3

You have amazing insight for such a young man.
Your first paragraph is very well said - a healthy balance of the two.

Was there something recently in the news or something personal that triggered the conversation around women's crimes and not being punished fairly compared to a man committing the same crime? I am very curious where these thoughts came from.

Excellent post pb3.

Thanks Ouizee! I rarely watch TV, read the news or any of that stuff, so no it wasn't anything specific in the media recently. It's just my general opinion based on what I've seen, heard, and experienced in my life. Karla Homolka and Paul Bernardo committed their crimes close to where I live. There are details about their judicial proceedings that make it difficult to point out a blatant favoring of one gender upon prosecution, however, in retrospect with all facts laid out I think that she was babied. She's free living in Quebec while he rots in jail. They should both rot in jail, or they should both be free (I'd prefer the former for my safety), but there should not be a disparity like that. I have been pulled over in my car for routine traffic stops, and had my vehicle unjustifiably searched and my phone rummaged through on two occasions. Of course my age would play a part in this stereotyping from the police (us young chaps can be bad dudes donchaknow), but I have a strong hunch if I was a female of the same age my car would not have been searched. I don't do drugs, my car didn't smell like drugs as there had never been drugs in it, and I certainly don't present myself as a violent or criminal person. I present myself as intelligent, very well mannered, and docile. I can think of no other reason for them to be searching other than drugs or weapons. And again, if I was a female of similar age and similarly well groomed and mannered I doubt they'd be suspicious of me to the point they felt it was necessary to coerce the violation of my rights. I recall my mother getting drunk - as she did on many occasions - breaking the coffee table in an argument with her boyfriend, grabbing the broken table leg and hitting him with it about 4 times before he physically forced her to stop (i.e. he hugged her body so she couldn't swing her arms and beat him with it). The police arrived and took him to jail even though I attested to his innocence because he was a really tall and intimidating person, and he was really upset (angry) when they arrived, whereas she was crying and hysterical. I didn't really even like Paul as my mother and step-father had just divorced and he came barging in my life at a young age, but nonetheless, I thought it was complete BS and he didn't deserve to be judged like that.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I just mean to say I believe in TRUE equality. There's so much in the world that favors men and so much in the world that favors women. It sucks to hear all this whining and moaning from both sides of the table when most of the people on both sides of the table are guilty of it themselves, or only promote it as far as it benefits them. Fair should be truly fair.

Have to agree with Quizee here pb3, you got a sound mind. Hoping that and your common sense serves you well!

Same goes for everyone that posted on this topic as well. You guys rock and thanks so much for reminding me that civilized people do still exist, lol not that I think they went anywhere, I was just looking in the wrong forums I guess ohwell

JRonin's photo
Wed 06/19/13 09:22 PM

All I have to say is please refer to my forum posting Deluded men in General Discussion :) That being said I have to say as a strong and independent female I find it sad that most men are intimidated by strong women enough to have to justify their sexist attitudes with degrading commentary about the opposite sex.....Please remember that God made women to be equal and complimentary partners to men and walk beside them not behind them.

Most balanced viewpoint! Thank you!

I'm really beginning to like the community forums even better than the site itself. Besides, it seems a bit of these profiles are not as articulate (or truthful) as one could expect.

But then again, what I'm looking for in a friend or acquaintance is someone WITH something to say so that we CAN get a debate going.

That, and I'm kind of a sucker for interaction and socializing on many topics, I suppose.

Thank you everyone for all the replies so far, and feel free to take a look at my profile and send a friend request if you'd like.

or post a new topic under this post and lets keep going with another topic! sound off, I'd love to hear from you!

JRonin's photo
Wed 06/19/13 08:57 PM
Hi. Thinking of putting this to an acoustic guitar melody someday.

Comment after reading I would appreciate it and thank you in advance!

"Solace after Rain"

Drenched in rain you make your way back home,
But your mood is anything but content.
Raincoats off and your keys tossed upon the bed
Feeling lost, betrayed, done in, and mostly spent.
You see a number on the nightstand and you rise,
Clutch the paper in your hand and dial a cell,
On the other end a voice says “Hello.”
You say “I’m drowning here. Life’s not going well.”
Fifteen minutes later, a knock comes at your door
You open it and fall into my arms.
Time spent talking time spent healing, and you smile
“Can you keep me and my heart safe from harm?”
Truthfully I don’t know what lies ahead,
But I know that I don’t want to be alone.
So I take your hand and we recline on the bed,
Something budding and I hope it grows and grows.
Chorus:
I’ll take your pain,
I’ll take your strife,
And I’ll replace it
With my light
As long as you hold tight to me
For warmth

JRonin's photo
Tue 06/18/13 11:14 PM
Came across a post that insinuated that women are the weaker sex.

And my reaction was "Wow. Seriously?"

And to that antiquated and downright stupidly asinine opinion, I cite several of the following examples that exist more commonly in todays world than at any other time:

female bodybuilders
female gymnasts
female navy SEALS
female firefighters
female cops
female National guardsmen, airmen, army personell
female stuntwomen
female MMA and martial artists

Weaker sex?

Are. You. Kidding ME?!

sound off below, ladies and gents!

JRonin's photo
Tue 06/18/13 11:08 PM

"There is no greater threat to women than men" - Louis CK

Not really, technology is because it gives a women the delusion that she can do whatever a man can, work wise when infact it is machines that have levelled the playing field and physical strength is no longer needed.

Women are still the weaker sex and when technology fails, women will lose their leverage.

Feminism has only been around for a few decades, men have ruled society for millennia and will again.

Technology has devalued men and empowered women but technology cannot be sustainable because it is unnatural grumble

Technology didn't come into play when I served on a military ship built in the 60s. I picked up 90 lb stays; wrestled 200 lb fueling hoses, and did every other job as well as any guy on ship and guess what there was no technology used; it was muscle. I levelled the playing field with my own strength and knowledge not with technology. Its attitudes like yours that make me glad that I gave up on dating and will happily remain single.

women are the weaker sex, huh? Try saying that to a female bodybuilder whos won national championships and challenge her to an arm-wrestling match. The experience will be enlightening to say the least, because the msot you'll leave with is an arm pulled from your socket, lmao!

weaker sex, lol wow, dude.......whew.......good luck with that trope!

JRonin's photo
Tue 06/18/13 10:06 PM
Once you turn 18 all bets are off, kids! You don't have a job? get one, cuz unless your parents say they're gonna support you forever (said no self-respecting parent EVER), you gotta make your own way.

My mother would charge me a small amount weekly rent after I turned 18 and got a PT position at a local toy store, and I was all to happy to help her out with bills. I came from a single parent household, but it really depends on the parent and the kids circumstances.

JRonin's photo
Tue 06/18/13 09:35 PM
More photos added to my profile, ladies and gents! stop by and let me know what you think! shades waving :thumbsup:

JRonin's photo
Tue 06/18/13 09:14 PM

http://media.photobucket.com/user/janeykins_2006/media/DSCF5231.jpg.html?filters[term]=steamy%20shower&filters[primary]=images&filters[secondary]=videos&sort=1&o=4
your welcome

Um.....oooookay. Ihave no clue what the source code is depicting, so.....oh, whatever!

JRonin's photo
Tue 06/18/13 09:12 PM
I know right?

JRonin's photo
Tue 06/18/13 08:37 PM
Sup?

glasses

JRonin's photo
Tue 06/18/13 08:34 PM

What am I listening to? hard to describe so maybe I can just let you listen and chill.

Hope the link works!

http://youtu.be/ODyieqx370w

well that sucks, no clickability! DAMN! lol

copy and paste in youtube, I guess.

JRonin's photo
Tue 06/18/13 08:31 PM
Edited by JRonin on Tue 06/18/13 08:33 PM
What am I listening to? hard to describe so maybe I can just let you listen and chill.

Hope the link works!

http://youtu.be/ODyieqx370w

JRonin's photo
Tue 06/18/13 08:28 PM

Sounds like the makings of a good soulful song lyric comp.

Kudos! Im into acoustic guitar myself but nowhere near the level of even decent. Have to put in more practice this summer!

But great job, sounds beautiful