Community > Posts By > CardsChick2013

no photo
Mon 07/29/13 12:51 PM
It really is one of the worst kinds of grief. dealing with it myself. Getting pretty sick of crying at the drop of a hat. Then the next moment I'm angry. Then the next moment I feel like going back to him and begging. Then the next minute I don't know what the heck I saw in him. freaking roller coaster.

no photo
Sun 07/28/13 05:56 PM
melancholy
missing someone
bored
discouraged

no photo
Sun 07/28/13 04:09 PM
I will not even view a profile or respond to an email with no profile pic. I even have a disclaimer to that effect right on my profile. I am sure there are many awesome people I'm passing by, but to me it's just too much of a risk to take to be having an awesome conversation with someone and have to let them and yourself down when you discover you're not physically attracted to them. It's a horrible feeling on both sides. I get what you're saying about it being rude in a way. I am sure there are many instances of people not putting up a picture of themselves for privacy or technical reasons, but I suspect the majority are people who want to reel you in with their awesome personality so that you'll hopefully overlook what they perceive as their own physical shortcomings. I don't like surprises, and I don't like being manipulated.

no photo
Sat 07/27/13 06:06 PM

women aren't known for coming forward and being honest. They often lack the courage to even reply to an email and say they aren't interested when it only takes an ounce of effort and saves you from wondering if they even read your message..

It's not just women, dude. That seems to be the standard protocol on these sites for both genders.

If a guy doesn't reply to me, that's all I need to figure out he's not interested. Maybe it only takes an ounce of effort to reply to one email but it adds up.

If you go into your sent box, you'll see a check mark next to your emails that indicate they've been read.

no photo
Sat 07/27/13 03:51 PM
Have you ever been chatting with someone and the conversation just stopped? Have you ever been the one who decided not to continue? If so, what were your reasons? Did you just get bored with the conversation, or did the person rub you the wrong way? Did you sense something about them that turned you off? Or did they not seem to be reciprocating your interest?

no photo
Sat 07/27/13 03:41 PM

back handed compliments,, frustrate me,, Im rarely pissed off though,,lol

stuff like

'he dances really well for a white guy'

or

'you speak so proper for a black woman'

'you seem so intelligent for a Christian'

...stuff like that....

Why isn't there a "like" button on this site?

How about "You're really rational for a woman." Uh...thanks. (not)

no photo
Sat 07/27/13 03:37 PM
What is the nature of your trust problems? Like, you didn't believe what he was saying to you? Or more like a fear of being hurt?

no photo
Sat 07/27/13 02:29 PM
The feeling like i can be myself completely
Physical chemistry
Someone who's confident and knows who he is but isnt arrogant or narcissistic.

no photo
Sat 07/27/13 10:23 AM
The initial honeymoon period doesn't last forever but after the oxytocin wears off, your love can develop into something deeper and more meaningful...the infatuation (limerence) ends but if it's real love it should be replaced by true deep understanding and a sense of belonging. The trick is if both people can accept never feeling infatuation/limerence again for the rest of their lives. Some people can't accept that. I think couples can deal with that problem together if they have a game plan going in. Some people choose polyamory.

no photo
Sat 07/27/13 08:45 AM

I don't know if I would qualify for fake consideration. Don't fakes usually make a point of seeming interesting? slaphead :laughing:

Lol so true...usually real conversation, not just "hit me up w/ an email" is a pretty good indication somebody's not a fake.

I've never had somebody say I'm fake after we started talking, but i have heard "if you're real then text me." Like the very first PM. Paleeeeze.

no photo
Fri 07/26/13 11:23 PM

What if I am honestly a jackass? hahaha

Then just be a jackass and don't try to justify it...lol :laughing:

no photo
Fri 07/26/13 10:38 PM
I get you stan. Sometimes you have to find some meaning in what happened or you will go crazy, tormenting yourself over what you cant have, or what mistakes you made.

no photo
Fri 07/26/13 10:31 PM
Guys who PM you and say you're cute and then make you carry the conversation all by yourself.

Just sayin.

Also, people who hide behind "honesty" as an excuse to act like a jacka**.

no photo
Thu 07/25/13 11:39 PM

This site just plain sucks

rofl :laughing:

no photo
Thu 07/25/13 07:33 PM
You guys are totally reaffirming my decision to leave my marriage. As if it needed any affirmation.

no photo
Thu 07/25/13 07:02 PM

Yep. That's what happens when u get too excited :tongue:

You so called it. :-P

no photo
Thu 07/25/13 05:53 PM
Hey at least it's free. :/

no photo
Thu 07/25/13 04:35 PM
You *finally* meet somebody you think is really hot...

And you call him by the wrong name. DOH!! oops

Anyone else had embarrassing moments like this?

no photo
Thu 07/25/13 03:44 PM
I know... there are a LOT of fake pics here. Either that or no pic at all...I mean, no disrespect meant to any minglers here. I can understand if you don't want to make your pic your *main* profile pic but I think everybody should at least have one pic of themselves somewhere in their profile. That's just my .02... *ducking now*

no photo
Thu 07/25/13 12:44 PM
My 30s have been incredible...definitely my best years, and I am my best me. I am actually very bummed they're drawing to a close. Now that I'm knocking on 40's door I'm going through a pretty intense period of confronting my mortality.

Previous 1