Community > Posts By > BigD9832

BigD9832's photo
Thu 07/26/18 03:33 PM
This is my thread. If you are annoyed then maybe you should post elsewhere.

Since you cannot show Scripture for what you say is in His Word, I will have to assume that it is not and that you are mistaken.

You don't have to argue what is in the Scriptures and what is not. Just show us where it says catan has defiled heaven.

BigD9832's photo
Thu 07/26/18 12:18 PM
Edited by BigD9832 on Thu 07/26/18 12:19 PM

CLV Ecc 10:2 The heart of the wise man inclines to his right, Yet the heart of the stupid man to his left.

Does anyone here really think that the "right & left" means the same thing today as it did several thousands of years ago before there ever was two-party system?

Strong's

H3225 yamiyn yaw-meen'
from H3231;

the right hand or side (leg, eye) of a person or other object (as the stronger and more dexterous); locally, the south.

&

Strong's

H8040 smo'wl sem-ole'
or smosl {sem-ole'};

a primitive word (rather perhaps from the same as H8071 (by insertion of the aleph) through the idea of wrapping up); properly, dark (as enveloped), i.e. the north; hence (by orientation), the left hand.

BigD9832's photo
Thu 07/26/18 12:10 PM

From mightymoe
well, I don't live in Israel, I live here... If you think my ex wife's husband's kid is somehow related to me, then you're just plain wrong...

Where did you get that idea from?

Can you show IN THE Scriptures where it says you ex-wife's kid is related to you?

BigD9832's photo
Thu 07/26/18 12:04 PM
From raphaella200
i have a living God in my life because if not for God i wouldn't be alive

Sounds like an interesting story.

:thumbsup:

BigD9832's photo
Thu 07/26/18 12:02 PM
From BlakeIAM
That being said , yes, this present Earth will be destroyed one day.

Satan has defiled the original Heaven, Satan has defiled this present Earth, and Satan will (in the works as I post this) defile the present Jerusalem.

These are not Scriptural. If blake thinks they are, then let him provide the text for them.

BigD9832's photo
Wed 07/25/18 02:56 PM

The Earth will end in approximately 5 billion years when the Sun enters the Red Giant phase of its existence.
Life on Earth will be long gone before that tho.

Actually, there is another galaxy that scientists predict will crash into ours. Right now it's a toss-up as to which will happen first.

BigD9832's photo
Wed 07/25/18 10:44 AM
From bred69
Luke 12 56. Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern this time?

Luke 21 28. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
29. And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
30. When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
31. So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

But there is nothing in the Scriptures that tells us our planet will end any time before that. you said

(CLV) Luke 12:56 Hypocrites! The aspect of the sky and the earth you are aware how to be testing, yet this era you are not aware how to be testing!

He is talking about an "era" or time period, not the Earth.

Again, there is nothing in any of these verses that tells us when the Earth will end.

BigD9832's photo
Wed 07/25/18 10:38 AM
From mightymoe
Blake basically said the same thing, but I'm not buying it...just because a woman is married twice doesn't make the children from the second husband related to the first husband in any way...

So much of this royal line is tied together with Jewish Law from the OT. It can get pretty technical.

But suit yourself.

BigD9832's photo
Wed 07/25/18 10:34 AM
Google defines spirituality as...

In general, it includes a sense of connection to something bigger than ourselves, and it typically involves a search for meaning in life. ... Like your sense of purpose, your personal definition of spirituality may change throughout your life, adapting to your own experiences and relationships.

"it includes a sense of connection to something bigger than ourselves"

This "something bigger than ourselves" is often referred to as "other." Many see this "other" as God. Some see it as something else. The question is, is this "other" a living entity or not. Many feel this type of relationship exists only in someone else's head. Since they cannot imagine anyone having something that he/she does not, they cannot seem to relate.

I do enjoy a vibrant relationship with the Living God. Besides answering my questions and guiding through the Scriptures, He also provides for my life. He also gives me hope for the future.

BigD9832's photo
Wed 07/25/18 10:17 AM
From mightymoe
all that is a little beyond my comprehension level, but thanks for writing it all down...

Oh, come on. You can do this. The answer to your question is in the first couple of sentences. There is an actual physical lineage, and there is a royal lineage. Not everyone is qualified to be king. Those who were disqualified from the royal lineage were not represented in this list.

Simple?

BigD9832's photo
Wed 07/25/18 10:14 AM
I don't have any examples of this to relate to you because I am not interested in reading to find them. I'm sure many others can quote contradictory scripture if they have the imperative, I don't.

How can anyone talk about a book that he/she has not read, and make any sense?

But you can see how this poster has misinterpreted the Scripture.

Perhaps "smite" would be a 'better' word.
An expression of anger and intolerance towards the actions of the merchants in the temple. Eviction from the temple, scolding of their practices, however you want to word it, He lost His temper with them.

CLV Jn 2:13 And near was the Passover of the Jews, and Jesus went up into Jerusalem.
14 And He found in the sanctuary those selling oxen and sheep and doves, and the money changers sitting.
15 And, making a whip out of ropes, He casts all out of the sanctuary, both the sheep and the oxen, and He pours out the change of the brokers and overturns the tables.
16 And to those selling doves He said, "Take these away hence, and do not be making My Father's house a house for a merchant's store."
17 Now His disciples are reminded that it is written: "The zeal of Thy house will be devouring Me."

The word "smite" does not appear, nor does the text say anything about His temper. This is a clear example of how so many try to manipulate the stories in the Bible.

Where I see the contradiction is the religious mindset verses practical application in reality. The religious mindset is often established thru scripture and sermon. The problem a lot of people have with religion is the tendancy to adopt the "Do what I say, not as I do" code of conduct.
This is a contradiction in the practical application of religion.

This thread is about what is in the Scriptures, not how others interpret them.

BigD9832's photo
Wed 07/25/18 09:57 AM
Edited by BigD9832 on Wed 07/25/18 10:00 AM

Well, at least someone here knows how to follow instructions...

From mightymoe Which son of David did Jesus descended from?

Was it soloman? (Matthew 1:6)
Or was it Nathan? (Luke3:31)

(CLV) Luke 3:31
of Melea, of Menna, of Mattathah, of Nathan, of David,

(CLV) Matt 1:6
now Jesse begets David the king. Now David begets Solomon of the wife of Uriah;

(CLV) 1Chronicles 3:17-19.17 The sons of Jeconiah as prisoner: Shealtiel his son,
18 Malchiram, Pedaiah, Shenazzar, Jekamiah, Hoshama and Nedabiah.
19 Pedaiah's sons: Zerubbabel and Shimei. Zerubbabel's sons: Meshullam, Hananiah and their sister Shelomith.

This is the royal lineage

This is the royal lineage of the Son of David as well as the title to the land granted to Abraham. In contrast to the genealogy given by Luke, we are given the actual physical descent by the male line to Joseph, the husband of Mary, the mother of our Lord. The three sections bring before us three distinct phases of rule and the failure of each. First we have the theocracy until David, which ended when the people clamored for a king (1Sam 8:6-22). Then comes the period of the kingdom, which was a series of failures, until the Babylonian exile. Since then the nations ruled Israel, until the birth of Messiah, when they were under the Roman yoke. It was a dismal descent, and proved conclusively that no male issue of this line would ever be competent to sit upon the throne of Messiah.

David was the greatest of the kings, yet his son Solomon was a living evidence of his terrible sin. And so degenerate did the line of his sons become that at the time of the exile Jechoniah drew down upon himself the curse of Jehovah:

“Thus saith the Lord,
'Write this man bereft,
A master who shall not prosper in his days:
For no man of his seed shall prosper,
Sitting on the throne of David
And ruling any more in Judah'.”
(Jer 22:30)

Neither Joseph, nor any of his progenitors since the exile, were eligible the throne. If Christ were his natural son, He also would be debarred. The Messiah cannot be of the seed of Jechoniah. Hence the absolute necessity of the virgin birth. Being begotten by God, the sins of progenitors did not taint His blood, and the curse of Coniah had no claim on Him. Yet, as the Son of Joseph, He inherited the title to the throne and all the honors of the house of David.

A.E.K.

Who was Josephs father, Mary's husband?

Was it Jacob? (Matthew 1:16)
Or was it Heli? (Luke 3:23)

(CLV) Lk 3:23 And He, Jesus, when beginning, was about thirty years old, being a son (as to the law) of Joseph, of Eli,

This genealogy gives us the "Seed of the woman" (Gen 3:15) Who shall crush the serpent's head. Unlike Matthew's pedigree, it does not trace the physical male ancestry, but the legal line, through Mary back to Adam.

Christ is first proclaimed as the Son of God. Then He is shown to be the legal (not physical) son of Joseph. Joseph, also, is not the offspring of Heli, whose son he is said to be, for in Matthew we read that he was begotten by Jacob. He was, therefore, the son-in-law of Heli, by his marriage with Mary, Heli's daughter. As Heli had no son of his own his allotment passed to his daughter's husband (Num 27:8) and so Joseph is the legal son of Heli and the physical son of Jacob.

A.E.K.

(CLV) Matt 1:16 now Jacob begets Joseph, the husband of Mary o of whom was born Jesus, Who is termed "Christ."

Jehoiakim (or Shallum) is omitted from the list of kings because he refused Jeremiah's warnings, forsook the covenant, and turned to other gods (Jer 22:1-7). In Chronicles mention is made, not only of his abominations, or idolatry, but to “that which was found on him” (2Chr 36:8). He made cuttings or marks on his flesh as a sign of his allegiance to other gods (Lev 19:28). Hence he was denied human burial and his name is blotted out of the register of kings (Dt 29:18-20).

Jechoniah's name is shortened to Coniah (Jer 22:24) to show that Jehovah withdrew His support from him. He is not included in the line of kings. None of his seven sons (1Chr 3:17-18) succeeded to the throne. As no man of his seed can prosper, sitting on the throne of David, yet the regal rights are in his line, Messiah must be his Son, but not his seed.

17 In each group there are fourteen generations. From Abraham to, and including, David, are fourteen. From David to and including Josiah are fourteen. From Jechoniah to and including Christ are fourteen.

A.E.K.

BigD9832's photo
Mon 07/23/18 06:30 AM

Strong's

H6370 piylegesh pee-leh'-ghesh
or pilegesh {pee-leh'-ghesh};

of uncertain derivation; a concubine; also (masculine) a paramour.

Evidently, not all concubines were female.

BigD9832's photo
Sun 07/22/18 11:04 AM

We have been told by several people here that there are contradictions in the Bible. And yet, not one of them have given any examples of this phenomenon. If you think there are contradictions in the Scriptures, prove it. Until then you are only spouting hot air.

I have said many times that there are no contradictions in the Scriptures, only faulty translations. I have shown some of the many faults of the KJV. But these faults do not exist in the Ancient text.

It is true that we do not have the original NT scrolls. So we must work with what we have. The oldest and most complete Ancient Koine Greek manuscripts are...

Codex Vaticanus (a & b)
Codex Alexandrinus
Codex Sinaiticus

These are used to correct every English version. Every one.

All other Ancient Greek manuscripts are incomplete.

Most of the manuscripts of the NT are Modern Greek. Most have been copied around 1500 AD. There are over 15,000 Modern Greek manuscripts. Most of our English versions are based on these manuscripts.

In about 1000 years the Greek language had a chance to mature and pick up many of the same bad habits that the Latin languages have. In Ancient Koine Greek, there is usually one definition for each word. Rarely two. In Modern Greek, there might be several definitions for each word.

It is because of this that so many interpret the Scriptures much like a Smorgasborg. In this way, we can get the Bible to say pretty much whatever we like.

No wonder it can seem confusing to so many.

So when asked which is the right Bible, I will post the Ancient Greek text every time.

There are only two English versions that I would consider to be accurate. Youngs Literal Translation and the Concordant Literal Version. All else are based on Modern Greek texts.

All, that is, except the KJV. Although it says it was based on Greek and Hebrew manuscripts, it is strangely similar to Tyndale's Bible of 1535. Over 80% of the KJV matches the Tyndale Bible exactly. Coincidence? I think not.

If you still think there are contradictions in the Bible, please post them here. And try not to just copy and paste them from another website. And let's try to limit them to 5 each post. Give me a chance to catch up.

BigD9832's photo
Sun 07/22/18 10:26 AM
From Devilishly01
I believe that we are living in a time of willful ignorance. I feel that if people don't start educating themselves, humanities time is limited. but the planet will be here for possibly another billion or so years.

Very true.

But there is nothing in the Scriptures that tells us our planet will end any time before that.

I don't understand why anyone would comment on what the Scriptures have to say without even reading the book. It just doesn't make any sense.

The end days speaks about the end of an eon or age. Paul has defined 5 eons or ages. The first two have past. We are near the end of the third. And there will be two more to come, the next one defined as what we call the Millennium.

The end times is not about the end of the world or the end of the species. That would be wrong.

BigD9832's photo
Sun 07/22/18 10:06 AM
From Clairelouise542
HI Big D - I regularly attend church but there is few singles there.

It was like that for me, too. Mostly old people. This is before I turned old myself. But then one woman started to show up and we hit if off.

I think that if you put your life in God's hands, He will lead people into your life... or not.

BigD9832's photo
Sun 07/22/18 09:41 AM
Actually, there is no mention of the "end of the world" in the Scriptures.

BigD9832's photo
Sat 07/21/18 01:20 PM
There is still no "hell" in the Scriptures.

BigD9832's photo
Sat 07/21/18 01:19 PM
It seems we have gotten off of topic here.

The Ancient Hebrew word 'olam' and the Ancient Greek word 'aion' do not mean "eternal." In Ancient Greek "eternity" is expressed in the negative.

"unending" might be an example.

If the word 'aion' can be translated as "eternal" no one has explained how it can appear in the plural. How many "eternities" are there?

BigD9832's photo
Fri 07/20/18 09:02 AM
Edited by BigD9832 on Fri 07/20/18 09:02 AM

http://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/Megiddo.html#.W1IBstJKjcc

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 19 20