Community > Posts By > Shoku

Shoku's photo
Tue 01/12/10 07:11 PM

Shoku:
If I don't believe these things aren't they not part of my reality and thus not true?

You remind me of an austrige that hides his head under the wing, when faced with the danger! (i.e. I see no evil, I hear no evil -- there isn't any evil!!!)

...But the danger is approaching nevertheless!!!
Actually I'm using the groundwork JB laid out. I don't doubt that rock's got a path close enough to Earth that we should pay attention to it but your info paints it as a slim chance AND with how I know that we've basically already done the things with satellites that we would want to-

Well it's handled isn't it? No point actually building stuff until relatively soon before we'd wanna launch it anyway because we get so much better at this stuff each year and why would you want all that material just sitting there gathering dust while you waited for the window to launch?

To put it another way: we've already been spending money solving this problem. I'm all for better funding for the space program but your little (mini)doomsday scare isn't a good reason for it. Maybe a decade ago or something it was but now it's something we've got the full plan for how to handle.

I guess maybe if society collapsed and everyone decided to bury their head in the sand like an ostrich instead of bothering to look at the sky we'd be in a bad position but even if we failed phenomenally and didn't budge the rock at all it would still only have that 1 in 250,000 chance of it hitting.

I recall that "that's still risky when you're wagering the Earth" but we're not wagering the Earth or even humanity and if all our efforts fail to move it we don't have any other bets we can make anyway.

I suspect this hasn't really dissuaded you though. Here's what you can do instead: explain some of the details about what you want money spent on. "I want to turn the dollars into better odds for us" would basically be the opposite of what I've just asked for as that has no details of HOW to change the odds.

Bring up things we don't understand about deflecting a rock of that sort or some kind of rocket problem. "I don't think it's good enough" is again not the kind of answer I'm looking for. Lemme know why or how.

Shoku's photo
Mon 01/11/10 10:36 PM

Honestly, I doubt any reasonable employer would discriminate against an amazing employee -- marvelous skills, thorough knowledge, etc. -- who can multiply the employer's profits 10-fold!!!

A candidate would have to be hired before an employer could really determine those things. There are those with the bigotry to deny some the chance to ever show how 'marvelous' they are.

That's why candidates bring their resumes and letters of referrence -- making it easy for an employer making her/his mind up!

The public image is of paramount importance for companies that deal with the public! Thus, if a candidate for a bank job arrives for the interview wearing jeans, an employer has every right to reject that particular candidate!
But is it ok to reject a candidate if
they show up to the interview without a penis? <-- that

JaneStar: LOL! Personally, I practice "that" showing up to every interview! laugh As long as my other credentials are O'K, that SMALL shortcomming is usually overlooked!!! But, if the job requirements stipulate the necessity of having a "that" -- not to mention "of certain dimentions" -- then I doubt I'd ever apply for that job -- nevermind showing up for the interview and presenting the proof... laugh
But clearly it would be taking away our freedom if people couldn't reject you for the reason...

Naw, I'm just not feelin it.

Shoku's photo
Mon 01/11/10 08:28 PM

A different way where what I know determines what is real? No, if I didn't know about it it couldn't hurt me so trying to know about it and spreading the word would be making the world worse.

I don't think that spreading the word would make it worse because I believe that when the student is ready the teacher will appear.

That means, if you are not ready for a truth you simply will not see it or grasp it. You will not believe it. You will not assimilate it into your reality.

That is why it does not bother me when people poke fun at me for my beliefs and I am not bothered by people who don't believe as I do. They are just rejecting what I hold to be "probably" true. That is perfectly within their rights to do so. What ever gets them through the day.

I think of the problem of aliens (non-human sentient life forms) just as I think of any other problem. (Serial killers, terrorists, criminals, predators, the swine flue etc.) I don't obsess about it. I just like to have certain information in case I do need it. (It is good to know a little about your enemy just in case you do run into a problem.)

(For example, did you know that a reptilian can die from eating chocolate, so can a dog or a lizard.) Chocolate is actually poison, but humans have something in their system that makes them immune to the poison.)

What other people think about me is none of my business. laugh :tongue:

I still don't get it. If I don't believe these things aren't they not part of my reality and thus not true?

Shoku's photo
Sun 01/10/10 12:39 AM

You've almost the only person here who brings them up. Most of the people here probably do ignore it but there are going to be some that don't. Considering how you're one of the main posters in this section of the forums and it seems like you've actually got a rather large impact.

But even if we assume that you haven't planted the idea in a single person's head you're still nurturing it in many. One of the big things about the internet is that people who were isolated find out that other people think and feel these things and they change their attitude about it immensely.

Now it would be much worse if you were making people feel ok about pedophilia and weirder if you were making them think it was natural to want to dress up like a penguin when they had sex but don't let that justify your actions. Somebody has to take responsibility if people are ever going to change and if everybody just waits for somebody else we'll never get anywhere.

I will accept what is, and I will not bury my head in the sand or avoid a subject just because some people don't happen to agree with me or like it.

If a meteor was headed for this planet and was going to be very destructive, would you rather not know about it? I am sure there are many people who would not want to know. There are also people who are very happy living their lives clueless about what is going on. I am not one of them. I have dedicated my life to truth and decided to see the truth of this reality that we (all of us) have had a part in manifesting from the beginning of time.

You think I am talking about one petty little lifetime, but I am talking about the vast infinite intelligent conscious universe.
We are on a different page and there is no reason for you to even talk to me.

The way I see the universe? Ya, I'd want to know.

A different way where what I know determines what is real? No, if I didn't know about it it couldn't hurt me so trying to know about it and spreading the word would be making the world worse.

Another different world where a lot of people already know and make it real without enough time to change any of that? Well I'd be dead soon so it wouldn't matter than much but in general I prefer to be given a chance to mentally prepare myself so probably.

Shoku's photo
Sun 01/10/10 12:29 AM

In one of the European contries -- Sweden, I think -- women are paid a salary to raise children!
That's what I call Respect!!!

That's happening in my home country, Hungary as well. Women get 3/4 of their regular salary tax-free for three years after each child birth.

The birth rate is still negative.

The country is trying to do its best to increase the birthrate with the extreme financial help. The government is bending over backward, but they're missing the point: they should bend the women over forward, and bang, problem solved.
Well you could take up the American practice of abstinence only (ok, just parts of America) sex education and have the parents get upset if their kids are even shown medical diagrams to learn their basic anatomy. If they don't know what contraceptives are and all authority rejects them having any sex they'll pretty much just do it in secret and ignorance, ya?

Shoku's photo
Sun 01/10/10 12:26 AM

Honestly, I doubt any reasonable employer would discriminate against an amazing employee -- marvelous skills, thorough knowledge, etc. -- who can multiply the employer's profits 10-fold!!!

A candidate would have to be hired before an employer could really determine those things. There are those with the bigotry to deny some the chance to ever show how 'marvelous' they are.

That's why candidates bring their resumes and letters of referrence -- making it easy for an employer making her/his mind up!

The public image is of paramount importance for companies that deal with the public! Thus, if a candidate for a bank job arrives for the interview wearing jeans, an employer has every right to reject that particular candidate!
But is it ok to reject a candidate if they show up to the interview without a penis?

Shoku's photo
Sun 01/10/10 12:25 AM

ahh,, sometimes those lines are hard to draw, but still need to be drawn all the same

I think a good rule of thumb would be(and I think is) if you are at all subsidized by government money(taxpayers) or participate in paying taxes that the whole community pays,, your business should be making a REASONABLE attempt to represent those taxpayers who are helping you exist(either directly or indirectly), particularly in those areas where people have no option such as race and gender.
Well, that's a valid point for sure.

But then (playing devil's advaocate again here) supposing you own the largest company (measured in number of employees) in a rural southern community where racial discrimination is the norm. The combined takes paid by you, your company and your employees represents the majority of the taxes paid in the entire community. And if you and all the employees are racists, then racism would be representataive of those taxpayers who are helping you exist. So by not being racist, you would fact not be representing those taxpayers.

pitchfork flowerforyou

I decided that I had a different response I wanted to express and it's decidedly subjective in nature so you should like hearing it from me:
The American majority is Christian. Does this mean that it's ok and important for companies in America to give preferential treatment to Christian employees? That they should make sure nobody outside of the religion gets better than minimum wage employment, if that?

Sure the Bible doesn't say "thoust should make life difficult for thine neighbor if he wilst not adopt thy religious beliefs" but you know that's basically part of the belief of everyone very concerned with their religion and it's obvious which ones would go to the polls if we were voting on giving more power to (their) religion.

Shoku's photo
Sun 01/10/10 12:19 AM
Edited by Shoku on Sun 01/10/10 12:20 AM

ahh,, sometimes those lines are hard to draw, but still need to be drawn all the same

I think a good rule of thumb would be(and I think is) if you are at all subsidized by government money(taxpayers) or participate in paying taxes that the whole community pays,, your business should be making a REASONABLE attempt to represent those taxpayers who are helping you exist(either directly or indirectly), particularly in those areas where people have no option such as race and gender.
Well, that's a valid point for sure.

But then (playing devil's advaocate again here) supposing you own the largest company (measured in number of employees) in a rural southern community where racial discrimination is the norm. The combined takes paid by you, your company and your employees represents the majority of the taxes paid in the entire community. And if you and all the employees are racists, then racism would be representataive of those taxpayers who are helping you exist. So by not being racist, you would fact not be representing those taxpayers.

pitchfork flowerforyou
That's not how representation works at all. Even if you didn't vote for the senator that covers your area s/he's still supposed to take your interests into account.

But why should businesses represent the citizens? I thought we had politicians for that and businesses most exploited the living crap out of people right up to the point where protesters and such could draw enough attention to it to make people not want to buy the product/service.

Shoku's photo
Sun 01/10/10 12:17 AM

From my own personal experience I would say that there are a lot of unreasonable employers out there.

The key problem with this whole discrinination concept is "where does one draw the line?"

Should discrimination against a candidate because they have too much experience be legal?

What if you, as an employer, don't like their hair color? Should you be allowed to discrininate against that? And what if it's pink with purple and green stripes?

Shouldn't "the public image of the company" be a valid criteria for evaluation of a candidate? Which then leads to the obvious question "What sort of image should be allowed for the company, if any, and what sort of image should the employer be allowed to reject a candidate for?

The whole problem to me is the creeping intrusion of group think being forced on the everyday life and activities of individuals. The reductio ad absurdum of this is everyone thinking and acting the same.

("Resistance is futile.")

When we say discrimination we're clearly talking about the race/gender variety. When being female makes you not fit the image they want it's gone a bit far.

Shoku's photo
Sun 01/10/10 12:15 AM

How could an employer even tell if one of the candidates was like that?

In my experience it's more of an attitude that they don't think certain races will even get them 1-fold profit. I read this one article where the people hiring for some low pay work said that there just weren't any black people working in the industry because they showed up two days after the hiring opened but an asian guy they hired recommended a black guy for a position who had already been turned down the starting day, was told there were no openings when he came by on recommendation, and the asian guy heard that they still had room the next day.

So it happens for no good reason and unless that's the only black guy that ever showed up on time you can tell it happens a lot.

Shoku's photo
Thu 01/07/10 02:26 PM
You've almost the only person here who brings them up. Most of the people here probably do ignore it but there are going to be some that don't. Considering how you're one of the main posters in this section of the forums and it seems like you've actually got a rather large impact.

But even if we assume that you haven't planted the idea in a single person's head you're still nurturing it in many. One of the big things about the internet is that people who were isolated find out that other people think and feel these things and they change their attitude about it immensely.

Now it would be much worse if you were making people feel ok about pedophilia and weirder if you were making them think it was natural to want to dress up like a penguin when they had sex but don't let that justify your actions. Somebody has to take responsibility if people are ever going to change and if everybody just waits for somebody else we'll never get anywhere.

Shoku's photo
Wed 01/06/10 02:50 PM

You don't need to know exactly what actuality is to say if people believing something create it. You just said that we couldn't believe aliens out of existence after all and like I brought up a ways back how would people have ever started believing in aliens if the aliens weren't part of actuality before the belief?

The problem with this conversation is that "first" there is only one point of view. That point of view is yours to you, and it is mine to me. We don't have the same point of view. Nobody does.

Example:
If I absolutely positively did not believe in aliens, then for me, they do not exist. It does NOT MATTER what the actual truth is. For me, (unless I suddenly got abducted and I am transformed into a person who now does believe in aliens...) they don't exist...for me... in my personal reality, until I believe they do.

So beliefs can change. We KNOW THAT.

BUT what we don't know is if actuality changes.
Thanks for repeating the issue I've already made clear.

But there's a problem. I though you said earlier that you couldn't be abducted because your beliefs wouldn't let it happen but here you've listed it as a possibility and specifically said that if that's how things actually are your belief would change to reflect it.

NO I did not list it as a possibility I sited it as an example. I sited a simple example because I'm trying draw you a visual picture so that you could understand, but instead you just want to play a game of confusion and pretend that you do not know what I mean. You don't really want to understand, you want to distort the issue.

So your 'problem' with my example is a moot point because it was not statement, it was an EXAMPLE.

Don't you usually give examples to show how things work? Why would you give me examples of things that couldn't happen without a little line about "and that's why it can't happen" on the end to make it clear what you're getting at?

Did somebody have a nightmare and then go and make life really bad for a whole lot of people because they were confused about what it was or does actuality not really care what people think?

"Somebody" meaning one person or entity? I would say NO. One person or entity (or even a God) did not "have a nightmare" and make life "really bad" for a whole lot of people.

This is where an individual needs to realize his part in the co-creation of this reality and take his share of responsibility for it because we all contribute our own "nightmares" to it. It is a group effort.

Are you looking for someone to blame for the fine mess we've gotten ourselves into like the Christians who blame the Devil?

I'm saying that one person had to think up the Devil first and then share the idea with others before there could be a lot of people imagining devils.

However that's only if the Devil was created by humanity. If the Devil existed before us then there could be many people that discovered as much independently of each other. If this is the case actuality would have influenced people before they ever had beliefs one way or the other about what the Devil was.

I agree. But there is no way of knowing if the Devil (or a non-human sentient life form with horns and tail) is an actuality that existed before us or if it was something someone dreamed up.
Which one it is makes a really big difference though. If it's someone someone dreamed up then we will know it's possible to make more entities like the Devil and we would have to be careful not to do so.

When we begin to take responsibility for creation then and only then will we be conscious enough to change it to something better.

"Actuality" is the result of our mind manifestations here. NO, it does not care. It is not a conscious entity. It is the product of the group mind.

Which is the problem I've been getting at. This means somebody created aliens and that enough people adopted the idea to make them part of your reality and that you are a part of the reason they are here, though the first person is probably long dead.

More importantly this means that when you tell people about aliens you're strengthening their established presence but if instead you and everyone else decided to never mention aliens again they would be gone in just a generation.

Good point. (And I do agree to a point) laugh laugh But that is not EXACTLY how it works.

When I talk of the "group mind" it goes way beyond this petty little tiny spit of a planet. Therefore what the humans on this planet believe has very little effect or no effect on actuality as a whole in the face of a unimaginable entangled universe that very possibly exists along with other more vast material universes that we cannot see that scientists are calling "dark matter" or "invisible matter."

If I stopped talking about aliens and stopped believing in their existence it might change my personal reality and world view, but I don't know if that would have much effect on universal actuality. I would love to stop believing in them and I probably would if I could discover some reasonable solutions to the many earth mysteries that have been answered with that piece of the puzzle. To ignore the evidence and information I have found would be deluding myself and being closed minded. If the shoe fits, it fits. Unless someone can find another shoe.

That's called a tragedy of the commons. Notice how China has been saying "why should we stop polluting if America won't?" lately? Also a tragedy of the commons.

The "I don't really have any impact compared to everyone else" and "if I don't do it somebody else will" lines of thinking are a really easy way to make yourself not feel responsible for problems but all those other people are telling themselves they don't matter because you're just going to do it anyway. You're as responsible as any of them and it's this "everyone else is responsible" thinking that lets anyone do this crap in the first place.

But think about it. Humans are pretty much just on this one planet right? Most of the possible entities out there have never even heard of us so if just the aliens that mess around with Earth were to stop believing in us "poof" no more humans (after all we're practically nothing compared to all of that so if what we believe doesn't really have any impact we shouldn't be able to keep ourselves around either.)

This would not only get rid of us for the aliens that want as much but it would also give them more power of belief. If all the big intergalactic types went and did this they could get rid of more and more little groups until the big ones were able to just believe what they wanted and make the universe work that way all on their own.

With all the devils and things smaller planets go around dreaming up they would almost have to do this to have any hope of survival.

Shoku's photo
Tue 01/05/10 05:02 PM

You don't need to know exactly what actuality is to say if people believing something create it. You just said that we couldn't believe aliens out of existence after all and like I brought up a ways back how would people have ever started believing in aliens if the aliens weren't part of actuality before the belief?

The problem with this conversation is that "first" there is only one point of view. That point of view is yours to you, and it is mine to me. We don't have the same point of view. Nobody does.

Example:
If I absolutely positively did not believe in aliens, then for me, they do not exist. It does NOT MATTER what the actual truth is. For me, (unless I suddenly got abducted and I am transformed into a person who now does believe in aliens...) they don't exist...for me... in my personal reality, until I believe they do.

So beliefs can change. We KNOW THAT.

BUT what we don't know is if actuality changes.
Thanks for repeating the issue I've already made clear.

But there's a problem. I though you said earlier that you couldn't be abducted because your beliefs wouldn't let it happen but here you've listed it as a possibility and specifically said that if that's how things actually are your belief would change to reflect it.

I've really been trying to say if things that are impossible via a set of beliefs could happen to someone with those beliefs. Looks like you agree that they can but you've been making everyone dance around on some other topic we obviously weren't concerned with.

Did somebody have a nightmare and then go and make life really bad for a whole lot of people because they were confused about what it was or does actuality not really care what people think?

"Somebody" meaning one person or entity? I would say NO. One person or entity (or even a God) did not "have a nightmare" and make life "really bad" for a whole lot of people.

This is where an individual needs to realize his part in the co-creation of this reality and take his share of responsibility for it because we all contribute our own "nightmares" to it. It is a group effort.

Are you looking for someone to blame for the fine mess we've gotten ourselves into like the Christians who blame the Devil?
I'm saying that one person had to think up the Devil first and then share the idea with others before there could be a lot of people imagining devils.

However that's only if the Devil was created by humanity. If the Devil existed before us then there could be many people that discovered as much independently of each other. If this is the case actuality would have influenced people before they ever had beliefs one way or the other about what the Devil was.

When we begin to take responsibility for creation then and only then will we be conscious enough to change it to something better.

"Actuality" is the result of our mind manifestations here. NO, it does not care. It is not a conscious entity. It is the product of the group mind.

Which is the problem I've been getting at. This means somebody created aliens and that enough people adopted the idea to make them part of your reality and that you are a part of the reason they are here, though the first person is probably long dead.

More importantly this means that when you tell people about aliens you're strengthening their established presence but if instead you and everyone else decided to never mention aliens again they would be gone in just a generation.

Shoku's photo
Tue 01/05/10 02:14 PM
Edited by Shoku on Tue 01/05/10 02:15 PM

Shoku's photo
Tue 01/05/10 12:31 PM

So if everyone disagrees with you about aliens there are no aliens?

I wish. laugh laugh

(But if everyone disagreed with me about aliens, I would probably never have accepted a belief in them in the first place.)

Seriously, I did not believe in aliens for a long time. I laughed at the idea and I avoided stories about them as a waste of time. But I was looking for answers and many of the mysteries I stumbled upon involved and eventually lead to the subject of aliens and I decided that my attitude about them was closed minded and bias against their existence and IF they did exist, I was avoiding and rejecting a truth.

So, I decided to examine all of the evidence that I kept finding. Mostly stories, sightings, and cattle mutilations. I also interviewed abductees etc.

So I became convinced that they (or something) exists. Whether you want to call them "aliens" or not is a personal preference. It is shorter than what they really are: "Non-human sentient life forms."

I just call the aliens. It's easier. bigsmile
I wasn't trying to make this a topic about if there are aliens are not. It's still supposed to be about the question of belief.

But now you've said enough. What people believe doesn't determine actuality, correct?

Shoku's photo
Tue 01/05/10 12:28 PM

I said "personal reality" which means how I choose to live my life. Where I live, what I do, what I believe, what I manifest, and even how I clean and paint my house.

"Personal reality" is not my "world view."

Sounds like preferences to me. I like cookie dough icecream but I don't think calling it my reality makes much sense.

What is meant by "personal reality" is what my(or your) personal life is like as a result of your decisions, intentions, attitudes and beliefs..

Do I live in a cardboard box or am I in prison? Am I married or single? How do I CHOOSE to live my life?

Yes your preferences and your decisions will mold your personal reality. You decide how you will live, what you will do, how you will react, what you will believe. That is YOUR personal reality.

You world view is something else.

I still don't see why you use the word reality there. You're just describing your life.

Shoku's photo
Tue 01/05/10 12:26 PM

Well, let's go straight at it: tell me how the truth is different from belief.

The words mean different things. I'm sure you can look them up.

Nothing I've found looking them up explains this thing you said
"to a single observer who believes in something 100%, to him or her, that is the truth."

Let me ask you this, Is what you believe true? If it is not, and you find out will you change your belief?

Does the truth change?

Is truth a matter of perspective, actuality or belief? Is it subjective or objective?
That's almost exactly what I want you to tell me. If you tell me that it would be close enough that I could tell what you mean by truth.

It all depends what you are talking about, in what context and from who's perspective. The terms are very general.

I have completely changed my belief and my world view several times in my life after evaluating information. Does that change who I am? I don't think so. Beliefs change.

Does truth change? (That might depend on how you define truth.)
Please tell me how you define truth already.

Is truth actual or a decision? (That itself is a decision you have to make.)
I've already said enough about what I think about truth but we really need to know what you mean by truth to have a coherent conversation.

Shoku's photo
Tue 01/05/10 03:14 AM

I do choose what to believe but I look for the truth of the matter. I just want to be aware somewhat of what is going on in the world around me. But I tell myself that the bad guys have been here all along, since the beginning, so there is no reason to let fear and anger get the best of me or let it ruin my life. I do create my personal reality.

So when you use the word reality you're talking about something that doesn't have to be the same as "what's really going on"? I think that's a big source of confusion because to the rest of us that's pretty much exactly what we mean by reality. Personally I'd use the term world view for what you seem to be talking about.

I said "personal reality" which means how I choose to live my life. Where I live, what I do, what I believe, what I manifest, and even how I clean and paint my house.

"Personal reality" is not my "world view."
Sounds like preferences to me. I like cookie dough icecream but I don't think calling it my reality makes much sense.

The advantage to being aware of who the bad guys are and what they are doing is you know who to avoid and who not to trust with your life. It is good advice to know something about the enemy.

Its a jungle. If you are a gazelle, you live your daily life as always; and if you are alert you might not get eaten by a lion or a cheetah, but it helps to know what to look for and where in the bush they are likely to hide.

We were saying something more like "why not just not agree that lions and cheetahs can eat you? Believe their teeth are made out of squeeky toys and that their claws are balloon animals. If belief can change what's actually happening it should be that easy."

Do you mean "can't" eat you?
No, that would be a double negative.
why not just- proposing something to do
not agree - action, interchangeable with "disagree"
that (animals) can eat you? - condition of the action.

Theoretically, that is true. But you have to have a LOT of MIND power to cause yourself to believe those things in a shared reality where everyone disagrees with you on both a conscious and subconscious level.
So if everyone disagrees with you about aliens there are no aliens?

Try doing it in a dream first, the next time you are dreaming about a lion chasing you. Its not easy even in a dream.
I have a harder time having actual dreams than lucid dreaming. Basically every time I'm awake enough that I'd remember the dream I ursurp it as it's become really easy for me to recognize I'm dreaming.

I've never been chased by a lion in my dreams though. I dream about having to sit still while I'm having dental work done or watching meta-personalities (sort of people I know but exaggerated) doing random stuff.

The first thing you have to do is realize it is a dream, (This is lucid dreaming)
Ha.
then you have to realize you can use your mind to alter the dream scape. Then you have to practice it. It takes a lot of visual concentration and mental energy to even do this in a dream.

If and when you are practiced at lucid dreaming and control of your lucid dreams, then you might want to begin practicing with this reality. After all, it too is a dream.
Most of the time if I've got a troublesome obstacle around in the dream I erase it and everything and then sit there wondering what I should do with the lucid dream. If I had them a little more often I'd probably remember things to try.

But in the analogy, I am comparing the lions and cheeta's to the "bad guys." And YES I do believe that they can't hurt me.
Well really before I ever started having lucid dreams nothing in the dreams could hurt me. I'd fall from helicopters many stories onto concrete and recognize that my legs were snapping and basically turning into processed hamburger but it was just kind of "dang, I liked that body. Oh well."

I thought you were supposed to wake up before you hit the ground in falling dreams but I guess I'm strange.

I guess that's why I have not been a victim of them, or why I have not been abducted by aliens. bigsmile I simply forbid it to happen.
Why not forbid it from happening to others? Seems like the until first abduction there aren't that many believers but they change their tune after.

*though as I've mentioned a lot if not all of the time it could just be sleep paralysis. People used to call it a demon but these days they call it aliens I guess.

Shoku's photo
Tue 01/05/10 02:55 AM

Well I grew up being taught to believe the authority, to trust what I am told. Time and time again I discovered I was being fed a bunch of lies and propaganda from the Bible to the wars we have endured, to the gruesome black operations of our own government. Now, I don't believe much of anything on CNN. I look for truth from people face to face, from ordinary people on the Internet, through analyzing information looking for agendas, lies and propaganda intertwined with truth.

My conclusions about what is really going on, I'm quite sure, would freak most people out. Its a dangerous world. Don't believe what they tell you about it, is all I can advise.

But why not just believe that there are no reptilians and all of that if reality is what you make it? If it works how you've been saying you could just choose for newscasters to be a bunch of pricks doing their best to support party views while having some general flaws in their thinking that cause a variety of problems and fail to handle others.

I'm sure it looks to you like that's the world I've chosen and if that's all it takes for things to be "real" why not choose the same yourself? Did you accidentally choose something a lot worse and there's no do overs?

Well because I choose not to delude myself. Beliefs change only when you are willing to look deeper at what is really going on. Many people don't want to know the truth. Like the movie line, they "can't handle the truth."

Wait wait wait. So you're saying that truth is independent of belief?

Yes of course. Beliefs change all the time.

But to a single observer who believes in something 100%, to him or her, that is the truth. (They would not believe it if they did not think it was true.) (Duh!)

If the truth changes all the time what good is the truth?

Well I did not say the truth changes all the time.

I said that BELIEFS change all the time. I think you are you confusing meaning of the terms "truth" and "belief."

Just get to the point. Tell me what it is I am saying that you don't understand.

"But to a single observer who believes in something 100%, to him or her, that is the truth."
"I said that BELIEFS change all the time. I think you are you confusing meaning of the terms "truth" and "belief.""

Well, let's go straight at it: tell me how the truth is different from belief.

Shoku's photo
Tue 01/05/10 02:53 AM

News casters aren't really pricks, they are mostly just stupid pawns of the system.

That's pretty much the same thing. There aren't many people that roll out of bed in the morning and say to themselves that they will intentionally make the world worse today.

Its not the same thing. A prick, in my book MIGHT roll out of bed in the morning and plan how they might make the world worse today. Bad news gets ratings. LOL
Are we arguing about how nasty people in general are or how strong the word prick is?

They don't really care about the news, they want to be movie stars, LOL. It is the people they work for who own the news stations who are the propaganda pushers. They actually make the rules about what can and can not be reported. Its the same with news papers. They are told what they cannot print. Cattle mutilations are just one of them. I know a small town news paper owner who refused to comply... for a while... until they threatened his business and family too. THIS IS NOT PARANOIA, so if you think it is you are deluded.

Ya but there are a lot of reasons you might not be allowed to put cattle mutilation in the paper. I bet if I had a column I filled with roadkill pictures some people would want to put a stop to it too.

Having a column and owning your own newspaper are two different things. If you have a column your boss can tell you what you can't put in it. But if you own your own paper, NOBODY has the right to suppress your right to freedom of the press.
If I owned a newspaper I filled with pictures of flayed open human corpses and I went trying to hand it out and display it I think that people would still want to stop me doing it.

But maybe you are not familiar with freedom of the press? Freedom of speech? There is NO REASON or excuse for anyone (especially a covert or unknown government agency) to threaten an independent newsman who owns his own small newspaper for the purpose of preventing him from reporting the truth, which is the news. That is a violation of our (his) rights. FREEDOM OF THE PRESS!
So they didn't say they were with the government but you know they are because obviously the government would want to shut the paper down while not looking like the government except that they obviously look like the government.
mmmmmmmmm

So what exactly was s/he publishing and why was s/he told to stop?

He was a local farmer and rancher. He published a small "Ranch Land" newspaper for local farmers and ranchers. Local farmers and ranchers were loosing cows left and right all over the place. He was reporting these incidents in his paper long after the big news papers, (owned by the corporations,) were ordered to cease and desist any reporting of these incidents.

Why was he told to stop? surprised

They did not give him a reason. They simply threatened his family.

BUT I have to assume he was told to stop because someone was trying to control the flow of information (news, truth) about these incidents which were linked to silent top secret black helicopters, UF0's and other strange things.

But this was NEWS. And in America we are supposed to have FREEDOM OF THE PRESS. This is especially true if YOU OWN THE PUBLICATION.

My theory: Their job was to cover up all ALIEN ACTIVITY. This was in Falcon CO, east of Colorado Springs. Colorado Springs is a hot bed of alien activity and cattle mutilation cover-ups. It is home for Fort Carson, Peterson AFB, and other government defense agencies.

Our government made a deal with the aliens in exchange for some technology. These kinds of cover ups was part of/ is part of that deal.

So now go bury you head in the sand and laugh your a$$ off. Everyone else does.:wink: I don't give a rat's a$$. I tell it like I see it.

Who exactly threatened him? I'm assuming that with the family threats there wouldn't be any paperwork.

You know, I once heard about this family that had a bunch of dogs. It was this nice spot they chose away from folks so the barking wouldn't upset any neighbors but they got all these threats and then the government burned the dogs. I think the dogs must have been witnesses to alien activity.

...so how do you link this to alien-government conspiracy other than it being in a place where people identify a lot of alien related stuff and cattle mutilations? Are the government and aliens the only groups capable of pointlessly mutilating cattle? The only ones capable of threatening people's families?

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 21