Community > Posts By > TWBee

TWBee's photo
Thu 07/07/11 06:56 PM
Christianity has done away with Torah, so they will never understand the reasons for the Mo'ed (appointments, feasts), and yet, when confronted with this information, they make up some excuse to continue to go on in error.

YeHoshua was born on the first day of Sukkot. Here's the line of reasoning:

I. The Conception of Yochanan (John the Baptist) / Luke 1:5-25

When the angel, Gavri-El (Gabriel), appeared to Zachar'yah (Zacharias) as he was ministering in the Temple, it was during the ministration of Abiyah (Abia). This order of priests ministered in the Temple the eighth week of the Hebrew year according to the ordinance of 1 Chronicles 24:10 (and according to the Talmud). The eighth week transverses the last week of the second Hebrew month of Iyar and the first week of the third Hebrew month of Sivan, which culminates at Shavuot (Pentecost). This is the anchor point for discovering the exact time of Messiah Yeshua's birth. The angel promised Zachar'yah that his prayer had been answered, and when he went home to his wife Elisheva (Elizabeth) she conceived, it seems almost immediately. This puts the conception of Yochanan (John the Baptist) very near the time of Shavuot, the Feast of Pentecost, in the second week of the month of Sivan, the third Hebrew month.

II. The Conception of Yeshua (Jesus) / Luke 1:26-55

Then, at the close of the sixth month of Elisheva' s pregnancy the angel Gavri-El appeared to Mara (Mary). Gavri-El told Mara about Elisheva, saying "she who was called barren is six months pregnant," This would be the last of the ninth Hebrew month called Kislev at the time of Chanukah. There are 27 weeks weeks between the end of discourse of Abiyah and the start of Chanukah (Dedication), which is celebrated eight days, from Kislev 25 to Tevet 2.

Mara accepts the word of the angel concerning the conception of Messiah in her, and she immediately rushes from Natseret (Nazareth) to the home of Elisheva and Zachar'yah in the Judean mountains close to Yerushalayim, about a three days journey from Natseret. Mara was probably going there to celebrate Chanukah and to help Elisheva with her pregnancy, as well as to talk to Elisheva about the angel's visitation.

Upon Mara's greeting to Elisheva, Elisheva responds to Mara, calling her "the mother of my L-RD". This demonstrates that Mara was already pregnant with Yeshua. Thus, Yeshua was conceived at Chanukah, the Festival of Lights, for He is the Light of the World.

Sometimes the time of Chanukah falls close to Christmas. The apostate Roman church of medieval times combined the pagan winter solstice in late December with the 25th of Kislev (Chanukah) to create Christmas (Christ's Mass) on December 25. Supposedly, this was to celebrate Christ's birth.

Yeshua is shown celebrating Chanukah in John 10:22,23. It is at this celebration that He declares "I and My Father are One" [John 10:30], which testifies to His Divine origin in His conception. It also reinforces Chanukah as the time of His conception.

Historically, then, it is more accurate to celebrate Yeshua entering the world through conception at Chanukah rather than to celebrate His birth at Christmas. As we shall show, Christmas is not the birthday of Christ. (In fact, Christmas is an invention resulting from religious compromise with pagan tradition. Christmas only has harmony with the truth, in that it falls approximately at the time of year when Yeshua was conceived by the Holy Spirit.)

III.The Birth ofYochanan/Luke1:56-80

Mara stayed with Elisheva for three months, which was until the birth of Yochanan. Since a full pregnancy term is 41 weeks, and 27 weeks makes up the first six months (two trimesters), which is exactly the time from the discourse of Abiyah to Chanukah, that leaves 14 weeks to accomplish the last trimester and bring the pregnancy to full term. There are exactly 14 weeks from Chanukah to Passover (Nisan 14-22). Therefore, John the Baptist was born at Passover. He was circumcised on the eighth day, which would be the last day of Passover/Feast of Unleavened Bread. Gavri-EI had said that John would "go forth" in the strength and power of Elijah [Luke 1:17]. Jewish teaching was that Elijah would come again at Passover (this is still a tradition of Judaism today).

IV.The Birth of Yeshua/Luke 2

Nisan, when Yochanan was born, is the first month of the Hebrew year. As we have shown, Mara conceived six months after Elisheva conceived, which means Yeshua's birth would have to come six months after John's birth, during the seventh Hebrew month of Tishri. Since we know that John was born at Passover/Feast of Unleavened Bread, we learn the time of Yeshua's birth by counting six Hebrew months from Passover. The Feast of Unleavened Bread begins on Nisan 15 and six months later Tabernacles begins on Tishri 15. Therefore, Yeshua was born on the first day of Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles).

The first day of Tabernacles is a Sabbath rest, so it fits that Yosef and Mara planned their journey to Beit-Lechem (Bethlehem) so they would finish their journey before the festival Sabbath. They found lodging just in time.

Concerning the Feast of Tabernacles, the L-RD commanded that Israel should observe it eight days. They were to build temporary dwellings called a sukkah and dwell in them [Leviticus 23:34-43]. These sukkahs were erected to house families with some bare comforts and food for the eight days. Food was placed in a stall or a crib for storage in the tabernacle. The King James Bible calls this food crib a manger. Yeshua was not born in a barn, but rather in a temporary tabernacle which had been built for the celebration. He was placed in a "manger", demonstrating in a type that He is the Bread of Life from heaven.

The eighth day, Yeshua was circumcised according to the scriptural command [Luke 2:21]. For a male, this is what accomplishes a full Hebrew birth. The Feast of Tabernacles is for exactly eight days. The first and last days are both holy Sabbaths. Yeshua was born on the first day, a holy Sabbath, and circumcised on the eighth day, a holy Sabbath. Evidently, G-d intended this entire Feast of Tabernacles to be set aside in order to accomplish and celebrate Yeshua's birth into the world.

Note that G-d provided two holy feasts that lasted eight days, Passover/Unleavened Bread and the Feast of Tabernacles. John the Baptist, the forerunner of Messiah, was born and circumcised in the eight days of the first, then six month later Yeshua, the Messiah, was born and circumcised the eight days of the second. John came in the first month of the year and Yeshua came in the seventh month. In ministry, John introduced the way through Messiah and then Yeshua perfected it, even as the first and seventh months signify.

V. Conclusion

In my opinion, this chronology provides us with the exact day of Yeshua's birth, Tishri 15, according to the Hebrew calendar. The Hebrew calendar is kept updated to this modern day, and every year the Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot) is absolutely set from Tishri 15 to Tishri 22. Because the Hebrew calendar is based on the course of the Moon (Lunar) and the modern calendar is based on the course of the Sun (Solar), the two move in relation to each other. This means the Feast of Tabernacles will always occur somewhere between mid-September and mid-October, but not on the exact same Gregorian dates every year. For instance, in 1995 the Feast of Tabernacles was October 9-October 17, but in 1996 the Feast of Tabernacles was September 28-October 5. While this is initially confusing to the unlearned mind, a combination Gregorian/Hebraic calendar will easily clarify how the dates relate. Many local funeral homes provide free Hebrew calendars each year showing the modern dates for the holy Feast Days (ask for a Jewish calendar).

It may help you to understand the seeming movement of Yeshua's birthday by looking at your own birthday. Even though your birthday might keep the same number year after year, the day of the week it falls on changes. In like manner, Yeshua's birthday is on the same Hebraic calendar number each year, Tishri 15, but in relation to the Gregorian calendar it changes. However, you can plan for His birthday to always occur sometime between the latter part of September and the early part of October.

The Feast of Tabernacles is a most important comemoration. Zechariah 14:16,17 tells us that one day all nations will be required by law to honor this feast. For what greater reason, than it is the birthday of the King of Kings! Why should we delay?

Our hope and prayer is that the Ekklesia will return to the roots of her faith and learn to restore the fallen foundations. May we all work to overcome the influence of pagan customs in our celebrations and become separate from this world as a holy people before our holy G-d.

First Year

Name
--------------------------
Nisan (March-April)
Iyar (April-May)
Sivan (May-June) 25 - John the Baptist is conceived.
Tammuz (June-July)
Av (July-August)
Elul (August-September)
Tishri (September-October)
Heshvan (October-November)
Kislev (November-December) 25 - Yeshua is conceived. (Chanukah)
Tevet (December-January)
Shevat (January-February)
Adar (February-March)

Second Year

Name
---------------------------
Nisan (March-April) 15 - John the Baptist is born (Passover)
Iyar (April-May)
Sivan (May-June)
Tammuz (June-July)
Av (July-August)
Elul (August-September)
Tishri (September-October) 15 - Yeshua is born (Feast of Tabernacles)
Heshvan (November-December)
Kislev (November-December)
Tevet (December-January)
Shevat (January-February)
Adar (February-March)

TWBee's photo
Thu 07/07/11 06:49 PM
Faith is Sh'ma

TWBee's photo
Thu 07/07/11 06:45 PM
Hey All,

Just curious as to whether there are any Messianics out here.

TWBee's photo
Thu 07/07/11 06:40 PM
Grandpa used to call me Dan'l Boone. I was a pretty good shot when I was younger. Now, I'm just called "HaChamor." It fits. shades

TWBee's photo
Tue 06/21/11 03:54 PM
I guess I've been out of touch for a bit. But, as it is, funches...

Welllllllllll.... If you think I got my previous long response from Google and cut and pasted it, then I'd certainly enjoy seeing where you got it from.

In my first response, I directly stated that a question which appears so simple on the surface isn't simple at all. Such a superficial question, when answered with a deeper level of understanding simply bypasses the person's understanding who asked the question to begin with.

I guess that since an accusation was leveled at me of plagiarizing some material, then I might have to respond with two thoughts there. First, I'm used to ad hominem attacks, when the person simply doesn't understand what is being presented. Second, I'll ask you to find the material that I supposedly stole. I do, indeed, gather information from elsewhere out on the Web. But, in this instance, I'd truly like to be shown where I stole my information from.

Now, to get to some of the more fun stuff... if you can't bother to read through a post and at least try to understand it, then why do you try to tear down the person who writes it? This shows a great intellectual prowess on your part, indeed. (Note the intended sarcasm) Since you are incapable of dissecting what was written, you simply revert to lashon hera. That's unfortunate as well.

As it is, if one goes back to my original post and reads the first couple of lines, then one can clearly see that what was written, while it was directed at your posting, simply wasn't meant for you to read, since you're undeniably incapable of devoting time to the study of what was presented and taking apart the argument, rather than trying to take apart the person. I enjoy it, though, as I get to talk with an almost inanimate object (you), practicing my writing skills. Trust me, I need a lot of practice.

If you want to respond to this (and you won't hear, see or understand what I'm about to write) then do not respond to this until you've read and understood the view that was solicited. You won't be able to do it, though, as you'll come up with some inane response that shows the true level of your understanding of matters.

If you DO respond to this without having gone through and made the attempt to understand what was written, then I'll get right back to a singularity and harp on the fact that you're incapable of carrying on any sort of deeper discussion, until you do actually force yourself to get back and study more deeply than what you have previously done. Trust me, it's really fun from my standpoint to take up the argument from there, as it gets really easy and redundant.

Oh, btw, I'm not a Christian.

This should be fun.

TWBee's photo
Mon 04/27/09 01:42 PM
It's been said that "religion" is God's question and man's answers. Even with this little amount of information, one should be able to deduce a lot and lead you down a path (preferrably His) to understanding this God. And the proper answer is a very old one, indeed.

TWBee's photo
Sun 10/26/08 11:15 AM
I guess I never really answered the original question to this topic.

The question was, does the "YeHoshua (Jesus) is God" thought go against YHVH'S (God's) law?

One has to look at the dual nature of YeHoshua in order to be able to explain the answer.

The answer is both "yes" and "no", depending on how you view the Messiah. You have a right and proper view as regarding Him as the "son of YHVH" and you have the improper view of Him as Christians see him in the trinity.

The view is contingent upon the reality of what/who the Messiah is.

I guess I'd have to ask the question as to what Ezekiel 16:63 says, in order to answer the question, here.

It says, "...so that you may remember and be ashamed. And you will not any more open your mouth, because of your humiliation, when I am propitiated (or as it might be rendered, "I have become your propitiation") for you for all that you have done, declares the Adonay YHVH."

TWBee's photo
Sun 10/26/08 11:02 AM
Not to get into it too deeply, but if one must look at something at a superficial level, that, in reality, is so deep as to not be understood, then it would not behoove one to even bother with it. But, for those who wish to look more deeply into things, there will be blessings. It's a promise from above, not from below. This is from a study that I attended, this last sabbath, past.

Gen 1:1

Gen 1:1 In the beginning Elohim created the heavens and the earth.

H7225 ראשׁית rê'shîyth, ray-sheeth' From the same as H7218; the first, in place, time, order or rank (specifically a firstfruit): - beginning, chief (-est), first (-fruits, part, time), principal thing.

According to Dennis Blackburn (YHVH bless his soul), in the Aramaic Targum (Probably Jonathan), 245 years before Messiah, Gen. 1:1 is read that “in the memrah” or rather, “in the firstborn son” Elohim created all things, so we can see by this that they had an expectation of the Messiah that parallels that which is shown in the Greek commentary (New Testament) of the Ancient Covenant (Old Testament). I have yet to be able to verify this thought, though.

Also, if you were to look at an interlinear Bible, you would see a point of interest that the translators have not brought over into the English. Below and reading from left to right, as we do in English, rather than right to left as we would normally do in Hebrew (I do this for ease of recognition for whoever might be reading this, who is not familiar with this rule. But, at the same time, each of the individual letters in each word are still read from right to left.)

בראשׁיתH7225 בראH1254 אלהיםH430 אתH853 השׁמיםH8064 ואתH853 הארץ׃H776

Between the word numbered H430 (“Elohim” Plural of H433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God) and the word H8064 (shâmayim; shaw-mah'-yim: from an unused root meaning to be lofty; the sky (as aloft; the dual perhaps alluding to the visible arch in which the clouds move, as well as to the higher ether where the celestial bodies revolve) we see the word coded H853 ('êth; ayth: apparently contracted from H226 in the demonstrative sense of entity; properly self (but generally used to point out more definitely the object of a verb or preposition, even or namely).

The two letters that this particular word is made from are the Aleph and the Tav. We also see that at the close of the Bible a particular claim is made by the Messiah. In verse 13, below, we see the claim of Messiah that he is the Alpha and the Omega. He is the first and the last. This particular principle is used at the very beginning of the Bible in Genesis 1:1 and at the very end of the Bible in Rev. 22:13.

Aleph/Tav in Hebrew. Alpha/Omega in Greek. This particular word (Aleph Tav) appears over 6,000 times between Genesis and Malachi in the Hebrew text.

Rev 22:10-16 And he (the angel to Yochanon) saith unto me, Seal not up the words of the prophecy of this book; for the time is at hand. He that is unrighteous, let him do unrighteousness still: and he that is filthy, let him be made filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him do righteousness still: and he that is holy, let him be made holy still. Behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to render to each man according as his work is. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. Blessed are they that wash their robes, that they may have the right to come to the tree of life, and may enter in by the gates into the city. Without are the dogs, and the sorcerers, and the fornicators, and the murderers, and the idolaters, and every one that loveth and maketh a lie. I Yehoshua have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things for the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright, the morning star.

Just as an aside, in verse 11, we are reminded of what we have studied previously, with the capture of an enemy woman that an Israelite would see and want to take as his wife, back in Dt 21:11-13, wherein the Israelite man was to take the captive enemy woman to his own private place and she was to be shown respect for 30 days, and during that time the man was not to interfere with the woman, so if she wanted to continue her idolatrous ways, then she would be showing her true heart by being allowed to continue to do so. She was NOT to be coerced into doing that which she did not want to do in her heart. She was allowed to continue on in her own ways, just as the passage in Revelation shows us. Let the righteous continue to be righteous and let the filthy continue to be filthy. We are simply to bring the Word to people and allow IT to have its way with people. If the one who hears the Word takes heed, then they will make the proper adjustments in their lives. If the one who hears the Word does not take heed, then we have done our part by speaking to them (Eze 3:18-21) and they are given every chance to come to repentance, until the time of judgment.

I apologize for the digression.

Getting back to the thought of the firstfruits:

Gen 49:3 states, “Reuben, you are my firstborn, my might, and the firstfruits of my strength, preeminent in dignity and preeminent in power.”

The Strong's #7225, is shown here in this verse, also. The phrase can be translated as the “first” or “start of my effort”, as it is rendered in the Hebrew. It is shown as the beginning or the “generative power” of Ya'acov (Jacob). This refers to the descendants of Ya'acov, which, if we are of the faith and obedience, we belong.

Regarding the firstborn of a man with two wives where his firstborn son is from the one wife who is not loved, we are shown in Dt. 21: 17: “but he shall acknowledge the firstborn, the son of the unloved, by giving him a double portion of all that he has, for he is the firstfruits of his strength. The right of the firstborn is his.” So, we can see the importance of the firstborn in that it takes precedence over a man's own desire to do unjustly to the sons who are born to him. And, if we are to remember that everything in heaven and on earth was given to the firstfruits of YHVH, upon His resurrection, then we can see a clearer picture of the Messiah's preeminence amongst all his brothers. (Ro. 8:28-29)

The key to all of this is to understand the “beginning of YHVH's strength”. We see this first and foremost in YeHoshua, and this was from the very beginning of things in Genesis 1:1, all the way down to the end. And we are to be counted in this list, if we are found faithful and obedient.

In Jeremiah, we are shown the following:

Jer 2:1-3 And the word of Jehovah came to me, saying, Go, and cry in the ears of Jerusalem, saying, Thus saith Jehovah, I remember for thee the kindness of thy youth, the love of thine espousals; how thou wentest after me in the wilderness, in a land that was not sown. Israel was holiness unto Jehovah, the first-fruits of his increase: all that devour him shall be held guilty; evil shall come upon them, saith Jehovah.

This shows us a couple of things. Our own lives parallel that of Israel, when we come to the faith of Avraham. In the youth of our faith and our vow to remain faithful to YHVH, we follow Him through the wilderness of all the world offers us. Those who come against us will be held responsible for their actions against us. This is a promise and a covering of protection that we have with YHVH, when we enter into His covenant for us and stand apart from the world, based on His instructions and testimonies for us (Is. 8:20). We are also told that in the world, we will have persecution because of this (Mt. 5:12; John 15:20) But woe be to those who try to sway us away from our faith, via whatever means they choose to use.

The following passages either directly parallel the words of Gen. 1:1 or bring about the thought of the firstborn of creation, which again, points us back to Gen. 1:1

John 1:1 shows us, “In the beginning He was the Word, and the Word He was with Elohim, and the Word He was Elohim.” This is a more proper rendition of the passage than what most English Bibles have today, a small amount of study will prove this point.

Strong's shows us the word “beginning” as G746 ἀρχή, archē, ar-khay' From the root of G756; a commencement, or chief.

Thayers definition shows:

1) beginning, origin
2) the person or thing that commences, the first person or thing in a series, the leader
3) that by which anything begins to be, the origin, the active cause

Col 1:13-20 “He has delivered us from the domain of darkness (the ways and works of men) and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible Elohim, the firstborn of all creation. For by Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. And He is the head of the body, the ekklesia. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. For in him all the fullness of YHVH was pleased to dwell, and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of His cross.”

Heb 1:1-6 Elohim, who at many times and in many ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, by whom also He made the worlds, who being the shining splendor of His glory, and the express image of His essence, and upholding all things by the word of His power, through Himself cleansing of our sins, He sat down on the right of the Majesty on high, being made so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. For to which of the angels did He say at any time, "You are My Son, this day I have begotten You?" And again, "I will be to Him a Father, and He shall be to Me a Son?" And again, when He brings in the First-born into the world, He says, "And let all the angels of Elohim worship Him."

Rev 1:8 I am the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Ending, says Adonay, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.

Rev 3:13-14 'Let the person who has an ear listen to what the Spirit says to the churches.' "To the messenger of the church in Laodicea, write: 'The Amen, the witness who is faithful and true, the beginning of Elohim's creation, says this:...”

Finally, for this week, a little bit regarding the “trinity.” If one part of this doctrine fails, then it cannot be true. If we are to understand that there are three manifestations of “God” in this, then, by all counts, each portion should have the attributes of “God.” This is not the case, though. We see (through intellectual perception) and know that YHVH is El. We know that YHVH is Spirit (Jn 4:24). So, we see both the Father and the Spirit are Echad. YeHoshua, in physical form, is not, nor can He be considered a part of this “trinity.” We see that YeHoshua was one man in one place at one time. He was limited in movement. He was limited in knowledge. He was limited in power. Christians will try to hold onto this doctrine, no matter the cost to them, even if it is for their very own lives, which they will lose if they continue to hold to pagan doctrine, which the trinity is.

Joh 6:63 It is the Spirit who makes alive; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
Joh 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
Joh 1:18 No one has ever seen YHVH; the only Elohim, who is at the Father's side, he has made him known.

Joh 5:37-47 And the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me. His voice you have never heard, his form you have never seen, and you do not have his word abiding in you, for you do not believe the one whom he has sent. You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me, yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life. I do not receive glory from people. But I know that you do not have the love of YHVH within you. I have come in my Father's name, and you do not receive me. If another comes in his own name, you will receive him. How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only Elohim? Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father. There is one who accuses you: Moses, on whom you have set your hope. For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?"

Joh 6:45-46 It is written in the Prophets, 'And they will all be taught by YHVH.' Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me-- not that anyone has seen the Father except he who is from YHVH; he has seen the Father (known by intellectual perception, since YHVH is a spirit and cannot be seen with eyes).

Joh 14:8-12 Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." YeHoshua said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves. "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. (It was not YeHoshua that Philip was to get to know, personally. It was YeHoshua/Torah, Spririt, Breath/YHVH that Philip was to get to know.)

Joh 1:1-3 In the beginning He was the Word, and the Word He was with YHVH, and the Word He was YHVH. He was in the beginning with YHVH. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. (In the beginning, before YeHoshua had a body, He was YHVH, in essence.)

It must be understood that YeHoshua was simply one man at one place at one time. Getting back to the thought shown to us in John 6:63, then we see that the body counts for nothing. Again, He said, “It is the Spirit who makes alive; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.” He was not speaking of His own physical being that was of importance.

1Jn 4:12-15 No one has ever seen YHVH. If we love one another, YHVH abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us. (By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.) And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Deliverer of the world. Whoever confesses that YeHoshua is the Son of YHVH, YHVH abides in him, and he in YHVH. (The Father has sent forth a physical being into this world, led and guided by His very own Spirit, in a way that no one else has ever been led. And yet we see that this very being had a will of His own, separate from that of the Father. Or else He would not have been understood to have said, “Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.”

If “God” takes second place to anyone, then this god is not God. And yet we see this with YeHoshua, when He says the following:

Joh 5:19 Then YeHoshua answered and said to them, "Most assuredly I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father doing; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.

Joh 5:30 I can of My own self do nothing. Even as I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

Joh 8:28 Therefore YeHoshua said to them, "When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I AM, and from Myself I do nothing; but just as My Father taught Me, these things I speak.

Joh 8:38 I speak what I have seen with My Father, and you do what you have seen with your father."

Joh 8:42 Therefore YeHoshua said to them, "If YHVH were your Father, you would have loved Me, for I came forth and have come from YHVH; nor have I come from Myself, but He sent Me.

Joh 16:27-28 for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from YHVH. I came forth from the Father and I have come into the world. Again, I am leaving the world and I am going to the Father."

Mat 19:16-17a And behold, one came and said to Him, "Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?" So He said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good except One, that is, YHVH.”

What of this thought that we see at the end of Matthew, wherein we see, “ And YeHoshua came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." (Mat 28:18-20)

First of all, if authority has been given to YeHoshua, then that, quite possibly, means that he did not have that authority in and of Himself, prior to that point, as we have already seen.

Next, we are to “baptize in the name...”

Let's look at that word “name”

It is shown to us from Strong's G3686 ὄνομα, onoma, on'-om-ah. From a presumed derivative of the base of G1097 (compare G3685); a “name” (literally or figuratively), (authority, character):

G1097 γινώσκω ginōskō, ghin-oce'-ko A prolonged form of a primary verb; to “know” (absolutely), in a great variety of applications and with many implications

G3685 ὀνίνημι oninēmi, on-in'-ay-mee A prolonged form of an apparent primary verb ὄνομαι onomai; for which another prolonged form ὀνάω onaō is used as an alternate in some tenses (unless indeed it be identical with the base of G3686 through the idea of notoriety);

We are to baptize (perform mikvah) in the Authority of the Father, the Son and the Set Apart Spirit. How else can this be interpreted, because we know the name of the Father and of the Son, but there is no known name for the Spirit, so how can we do this, otherwise? It is the authority, through the Spirit that matters. This is what YeHoshua tried to show us. It is the essence of YHVH, Himself, that matters. It is His Torah. His Word. It is by the authority of YHVH, shown to us by His Son, in the Spirit that we are to go about teaching and making disciples of all nations, bringing them into the same Spirit that YeHoshua has shown us in Torah. He and Torah are the very words of YHVH.
Don't forget, that Torah is a transcript of the divine nature of YHVH and extends its authority to the soul of man. It is the essence of who He is. YeHoshua is this transcript brought to life and yet His flesh, by His own words, counted for nothing.

Shalom Shalom

I can be reached at tim.w.beeker@gmail.com, if there are any questions, comments, slams, screams, cursings or anything else that one might wish to come up with. I'll respond to most, if not all replies.

TWBee's photo
Sun 10/26/08 10:33 AM
Edited by TWBee on Sun 10/26/08 10:46 AM

the Big Bang Theory seems to be a way for religious ex-compatriots to unknowingly push the concept that a God perhaps created the universe

the "One Singularity" that supposedly represents the Big Bang just somehow amazingly just like a God popped out of nothingness providing no explanation where it came from or how the knowledge was obtain for the bang to take place which insinuates that the "One Singularity" is supposedly somehow conscious, all knowledgeable and eternal.. ...

just like any religious belief the Big Bang has become more of an acceptable truth than just an unproven theory as it substitute one concept of God with the same concept of the exact same God placing the followers of the Big Bang Theory aka "The One Singularity" more in line with the religious movement know as "Scientology"

A few thoughts that I didn't take the time to see if anyone had posted, prior to my making this statement.

Heb 11:3 By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.

This thought has been around for quite a bit longer than the big bang theory, although it fits very well within the parameters of what scientists are finding, today.

As for theory on either side of the argument,

Heb 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

You'll notice that it doesn't say that one must KNOW. It ain't like that. But, the thought that most evolutionists/believers hang themselves on is the thought that one must KNOW something, in order for it to be true. Such is not the case. A theory asks nothing more of the holder of it to have faith in it. It's too bad that nither side doesn't understand this thought. There would be a lot less clubbing going on.