Community > Posts By > alnewman

no photo
Thu 01/01/15 06:57 PM

Isn't it amazing how some always need to hide behind something?

But let me clear up your little poster. I think that we both understand it has nothing to do with love, at least not from my perspective. Now the threat of violence would always be understandable of those that depend upon emotions to survive in reality. That brings us to collaborate and listen and that is the furthest from reality.

Now one thing is perfectly clear, all are responses of the emotions and could any more actually be expected. I would say not.

"If men uphold reason, they will be led, ultimately, to conclude that men should deal with one another as free agents, settling their disputes by an appeal to the mind, i.e., by a process of voluntary, rational persuasion. If men reject reason, they will be led, ultimately, to conclude the opposite: that men have no way to deal with one at all-no way except physical force, wielded by an elite endowed with an allegedly superior, mystic means of cognition."
-Leonard Peikoff

no photo
Thu 01/01/15 06:14 PM
Edited by alnewman on Thu 01/01/15 06:16 PM

msharmony, I forgot to tell you that some of the people working in Monty Python's Argument Clinic also work in Monty Python's Abuse Clinic. So, sometimes you will get two for the price of one.

That would be true, so just stop.

no photo
Thu 01/01/15 06:13 PM

When you clicked on the link to this thread, you crossed over into ...

I would propose you where there long before clicking on this thread.

no photo
Thu 01/01/15 06:12 PM

I never open links from here so never see any.

However the Iraq war was mainly for 1 thing just like all wars, Money!
Money to be made from the weapons trade and money to be made from the countrys natural resources.
isn't it strange the U.S always wants to stir up s h i t with countries that have rich natural resources

Oh, it was about money all right, but not in the manner you are implying. The resources, we already owned Hussein but he was unhappy. Threatened the banks to go off the Petrodollar and start trading in Euros.

That move will get you killed more often than not as both Hussein and Quadaffi both discovered. Ukraine has been bought into line but Syria, Iran and Venezuela are the current violators of the Petrodollar cartel.

no photo
Thu 01/01/15 04:54 PM

Iraq war officially recognized as a fraud and warcrime

OK.... it's offered by PMSNBC and Rancid Madcow....uh...you know, Obozos cheerleaders.

One commenter even states: "Yet she has given a pass to her beloved Obombo and covers for him as he has continued Bush's war crimes at even expanded on them...Mentally deluded freak!"

Not finding ANY of the evidence that we were told took us to war with Iraq, and cost us the lives of many of our children, blood, and treasure (over $3 Trillion.... my guess is much, much more) not to mention the toll to Iraq and its citizens.... look at the state it's in today!

And remember the $2 Trillion found to be missing just days before 9/11 Rumsfeld told us about? Nothing more ever came of that. Funny how that works...

All in all a good video tho...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJGIEU38S1w#t=1310

Sorry, couldn't stomach the whole thing, just another MSNBC extravaganza trying not to go the way of CNN but failing miserably. But I do have to agree with that commentator but on a larger scale, not only is MadCow a freak but all of MSNBC. Might as well throw in NBC for good measure.

I checked and it seems that it's only the YouTube source and nobody else is paying any attention. Now 6 people have voted a "like". Wonder who they would be?

Also, have you listened to news as presented by PBS? Sort of along the same lines as CNN and MSNBC. They have swallowed the old government bait, hook, line and sinker.

no photo
Thu 01/01/15 04:26 PM

msharmony, it looks to me like you have stumbled into Monty Python's Argument Clinic. laugh

What argument? Do you somehow have proof of an argument or would you be reading things that are not there?

Then again, maybe that is how it is seen in the fantasy world as opposed to having to come back to this universe.

no photo
Thu 01/01/15 04:21 PM

no,, just looking for a place of common ground

that all this stuff ,, has emotion as a root, and perception too

even by those who seek to feel like the teachers who need to deliver the message,,,,and by those who point out that 'reality' in everyone but themselves,,:wink:

btw,, very rarely are 'all' and 'every' statements based on much but EMOTIONAL Bias,,,

might want to keep an eye on that,,

A place of common ground, and just where would that place be? First off, there is no way I would ever cross over to a concept of less than full freedom and no way you could ever understand the concept, much less determine the common ground.

But all this stuff, as you put it, has differences, not commonality. Perception is based on emotions but reason by its very nature cannot be reason if based on emotion as it would then just be another dogmatic belief.

For one to teach, they must first be of the mind there is another that can learn. Believe me when I state I have never been under such an illusion in this forum. To those that could learn don't need me and to those that do, are not capable of the task. But as I have stated on so many occasions in the past, I am here for my own benefit and none other.

As to reality, the concept of faith, it's antithesis, does not pertain to the content of a man's ideas, but to the method by which they are to be accepted. Reality, in it's true character, is based on reason not on the blind acceptance of ideational content, acceptance induced by feeling in the absence of evidence or proof, faith.

In regards to your conclusion, just another faith based, emotional declaration or would I be mistaken and you have the evidence otherwise?

no photo
Thu 01/01/15 03:49 PM

laugh

ty so much for the unemotional and not at all personal assessment doctor,,laugh

If for one moment you actually believe I would accept that, you would again be mistaken. Or, in the infamous words of Hitler (the real one not that little fake in the White House):

"Faith is harder to shake than knowledge, love succumbs less to change than respect, hate is more enduring than aversion, and the impetus to the mightiest upheavals on this earth has at all times consisted less in a scientific knowledge dominating the masses than in a fanaticism which inspired them and sometimes in a hysteria which drove them forward."

The world of "Hope and Change", even Hitler would have been impressed, almost as much as he was over the Catholics and their dogmas.

no photo
Thu 01/01/15 12:24 PM

paraphrasing is a lost skill, it should be taught in schools,,lol

apparently , if I said men seem to enjoy sports some would paraphrase me as saying those who enjoy sports cant be women or those who enjoy sports MUST be men,,,lol

no, nothing to do with making it about ME,, only exactly what was posted

miserable people, the media, and politicians SEEM to enjoy the guilt by association narrative,,,, and that's not an exclusive list by any means

deal with it,,,lol Happy New Years,,:banana:

Actually the indoctrination system does teach paraphrasing, to a large degree. The whole goal of the systemic dumbing down of the masses, and never so pungently demonstrated as.....

Sports, the entertainment of the masses so as to ignore reality. Personally I believe the Romans had a much better "sports" environment with the Gladiators. And why shouldn't females be entitled to indulge in such gross manifestations of ignorance? Better to be entertained than than educated anyway.

And all has to do with "you" as you make everything personal based on emotional perceptions, "exactly" as posted.

Would this somehow be based on an underlying psychological condition, Self-Loathing, that causes people to attempt to abdicate their own personal responsibility to exercise conscience, and fall into patterns of order-following and justification?

And it would seem that it's not others that need to "deal with it".

no photo
Thu 01/01/15 12:06 PM

ah but the nonsense is in insisting on disagreeing even AFTER one agrees..lol

if this is true: Ignorance is a choice

than why is this 'nonsense'? : many wish to remain miserable via ignorance as do those who attempt to be blissful in it,,

or does the concept of 'choice' have an exception to it?...whoa

my posts were nothing to do with emotionalism, as they were BACKED with the direct reasoning (the couples own words, their photos, the planners words)

but, like I said, some choose to ignore to keep drama going,,,

Got to agree, your post does seem to contain more than the usual nonsense and Ignorance is always a choice, one chosen by the masses on a continual basis.

Ignorance
From the Latin verb ignorare: "to not know even though necessary information is present, because that information has been willfully refused or disregarded.

And all your posts are based not only on emotion but result in perceptions based on those emotions as so readily expressed by Travis Walton:

"I've come to realize that the biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are compulsively filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true." - Travis Walton

And so true, some do depend on the drama, another emotional endeavor, to keep denying the existence of reality which is so clearly (at least to logic) expressed by the use of others emotions as some justification that reason was used when that is impossible in an emotional environment, there are no emotions in reason.

You may continue to deny all you desire but just who are you trying to convince, yourself?

no photo
Thu 01/01/15 11:52 AM
Edited by alnewman on Thu 01/01/15 12:07 PM

Ayers-Connection is a bit different!laugh

not much

the presidents association was a professional one and only 'along the lines' of his social activism and political career

not along the lines of terrorist plans or beliefs,,,laugh

him knowing and working beside someone is another example of a broad 'guilt by association' narrative the media and politicians (and miserable people) seem to so enjoy,,,

So you''re saying that anyone who disagrees with your belief is a miserable person?

Nice start to the new year!

Hope you enjoy a great one anyway

Actually seems to be an inner examination perspective as she has posted this more than once of late. As the supposition is more based on the emotional that the logical, can't really apply to others in general so therefore must be an inner summation.

no photo
Thu 01/01/15 11:47 AM

lol,,,,thanks for making my point laugh

But you had no point other that your declaration of "not sure" and if making that clear makes you happy, then you are welcome.

But any other statement made based on the emotion of defending Odumbo at all costs, those are not points but the clarification of the point actually made, "not sure". And that is a point so readily made so often by yourself.

A point is based on reason, not by the emotions. Epistemology identifies the proper means of acquiring knowledge and to which mental processes to employ as methods of cognition and which to reject as invalid or deceptive.

There are two basic philosophies in this world, one as total antithesis to the other, Aristotelianism and Platonism. It is the acceptance of the Platonism philosophy that gave us such greats as Marx, Lenin, Hitler, Mussolini, Mao Tse-tung, Kim Il-sung, Fidel Castro and so many others including....... Odumbo. The point here is not so much the degree as the philosophical environment that manifests the results.

no photo
Thu 01/01/15 11:13 AM
There are many idiots in this world and unfortunately, many have migrated to this once great nation to add to the overabundance of the native-born population, hence this thread.

There is a lot of talk today about a repeal of the "obsolete" second amendment, many even by supposed law professors, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XspPCk_f3p4 - College Professor: Repeal "Obsolete 2nd Amendment".

What most do not realize is that the "Bill of Rights" does not convey any rights whatsoever. If that is what you depend on for your rights, you don't have any, period.

Also, the Bill of Rights are repetitious and are meant just reminders, not to the people, but to the state. Even if all ten amendments are repealed, it means naught as they are still an integral part of the constitution, as stated so elequolently by Hamilton in Federalist 84:

It has been several times truly remarked that bills of rights are, in their origin, stipulations between kings and their subjects, abridgements of prerogative in favor of privilege, reservations of rights not surrendered to the prince. Such was MAGNA CHARTA, obtained by the barons, sword in hand, from King John. Such were the subsequent confirmations of that charter by succeeding princes. Such was the petition of right assented to by Charles I., in the beginning of his reign. Such, also, was the Declaration of Right presented by the Lords and Commons to the Prince of Orange in 1688, and afterwards thrown into the form of an act of parliament called the Bill of Rights. It is evident, therefore, that, according to their primitive signification, they have no application to constitutions professedly founded upon the power of the people, and executed by their immediate representatives and servants. Here, in strictness, the people surrender nothing; and as they retain every thing they have no need of particular reservations. "We, the people of the United States, to secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America." Here is a better recognition of popular rights, than volumes of those aphorisms which make the principal figure in several of our State bills of rights, and which would sound much better in a treatise of ethics than in a constitution of government.

But a minute detail of particular rights is certainly far less applicable to a Constitution like that under consideration, which is merely intended to regulate the general political interests of the nation, than to a constitution which has the regulation of every species of personal and private concerns. If, therefore, the loud clamors against the plan of the convention, on this score, are well founded, no epithets of reprobation will be too strong for the constitution of this State. But the truth is, that both of them contain all which, in relation to their objects, is reasonably to be desired.

I go further, and affirm that bills of rights, in the sense and to the extent in which they are contended for, are not only unnecessary in the proposed Constitution, but would even be dangerous. They would contain various exceptions to powers not granted; and, on this very account, would afford a colorable pretext to claim more than were granted. For why declare that things shall not be done which there is no power to do? Why, for instance, should it be said that the liberty of the press shall not be restrained, when no power is given by which restrictions may be imposed? I will not contend that such a provision would confer a regulating power; but it is evident that it would furnish, to men disposed to usurp, a plausible pretense for claiming that power. They might urge with a semblance of reason, that the Constitution ought not to be charged with the absurdity of providing against the abuse of an authority which was not given, and that the provision against restraining the liberty of the press afforded a clear implication, that a power to prescribe proper regulations concerning it was intended to be vested in the national government. This may serve as a specimen of the numerous handles which would be given to the doctrine of constructive powers, by the indulgence of an injudicious zeal for bills of rights.

Unfortunately, it seems that perhaps Hamilton had a very strong point there as it seems what was forecast has manifested as reality. But still, repeal of a reminder would be just that, the elimination of the reminder, not the right.

no photo
Thu 01/01/15 10:27 AM

not sure, seems to me as many wish to remain miserable via ignorance as do those who attempt to be blissful in it,,

Ignorance is a choice, one many accept so readily. But your first two words say it all and the rest is purely gibberish.

no photo
Thu 01/01/15 10:22 AM

franky, giving the guy a break would be the decent thing to do, but some people have too much hatred in their hearts, which prevents them from doing it.

Ah, so again with the emotional analogy based on what? It is those that desire to remain ignorant that actually prevents them from having to face reality. To them, reality is an delusional realm where beliefs are that which fits there narrow expectations. Theirs is never to question, but to accept. This delusion is where hate resides as reason cannot be based on hate, that would be a conflict of terms.

"People set us down as enemies of the intelligence," declared Hitler. "We are. But in a much deeper sense than those conceited dolts of bourgeois scientists ever dreamed of."

Well it seems that our little "Hitler" has a population of idiots much the same as the original Hitler had in twentieth century Germany.

no photo
Thu 01/01/15 10:10 AM

I suppose their expressions BEFORE the media are to be ignored too,,

http://www.today.com/news/military-couple-who-relocated-wedding-obamas-golf-game-call-it-1D80396325

Absolutely, but then not by those that will find any reason to believe anything that meets their exceptions of what to believe. To those persons, to remain ignorant of reality would be pure bliss, isn't it?

no photo
Thu 01/01/15 10:08 AM

At least if you gonna use (inappropriate) titles, get the spelling right ..
And why you ppl need to knock Obama and call him by a title that is related to an inhuman monster is beyond me.
The man called the couple to apologize, made their day! Some would say it's ridiculous that the so called most powerful man in the world would have to apologize for something he prolly didn't even have knowledge of.

I agree with this. It's easy to criticize from a distance but I bet he had no clue that he was intruding on their big day. I also bet he was mortified when he found out about it, as anyone would be.
Give the guy a break.

Really, like Odumbo gave a good crap because if he had, he would have changed his plans but did he, absolutely not. Much the same as other event and vacations where people are inconvenienced so the "royal" family can have their fun, no matter how many others get ruined.

But I will agree that it is so easy to criticize from afar on matters of which one has no clue but many choose to do so anyway.

no photo
Thu 01/01/15 10:01 AM

The newlyweds are satisfied with a phone call from President Obama. So, that should be the end of the story.

That would be your story, but not based in reality as usual. What makes you think they were satisfied, an emotional reaction based on some media story?

And you are definitely not a little dictator, so it's not the end of the story, obviously. Again, reason will distill this, emotion never will.

no photo
Thu 01/01/15 09:56 AM

Seriously, Folks, President Obama (who is the President of all citizens of the USA) didn't know what was happening until after it happened. Once he found out what happened, he called the newlyweds to apologize.

Apparently, people with hate-filled hearts simply want an excuse to rant against President Obama.

Seriously, Odumbo is only president of the easily duped and never of all. I would suggest you try to comprehend the constitution but that will never happen in reality, a place you seem to like to avoid.

And the key to that psychopathic idiot was once he found out, what did he do, confirmed his right as an elite being above the wishes of his masters, yes his masters, he is the servant, thankfully not mine as I have no need of a servant of his disillusion talents.

And it is not the heart that I use to make decisions, after all it is but a muscle controlled by a higher organ and that is what I use to make decisions, period. Only an idiot would even contemplate that a heart could somehow think (hint: that is really the limbic brain that functions on emotions, a sign of a lower order animal).

Boy am I glad I was born in a free country based on the Aristotelianism philosophy of reason that has been under attack by those wishing to instill the Platonism so popular with society that allowed the rise of Hitler. And now we have our little Hitler, Odumbo.

So you follow and pretend he is yours, even as you finally learn the lesson of Auschwitz. I prefer to learn from history, Odumbo, like Hitler is something I oppose, not follow.

no photo
Thu 01/01/15 09:34 AM

Bartender, I'll have whatever he is having.

You really should pass, don't believe you could handle it, it's called reality.

Meanwhile, back in this universe ...

Yep, like I said, just can't handle a dose of reality, always needs to escape somewhere.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25