no photo
Wed 10/26/16 09:38 PM

But why many ppl don't believe the insurance ?

Its a balance between how much they believe they can look after themselves
How overpriced they believe insurance is
and how much they believe that the insurance company would pay up

no photo
Wed 10/26/16 09:04 PM
Its unlucky to be Superstitious

no photo
Wed 10/26/16 05:26 PM

The only people I revere are the people that follow the law of empathy

no photo
Wed 10/26/16 02:44 AM
They are needed to sew a hay bale

can you touch your elbow with your tongue?

no photo
Tue 10/25/16 08:55 PM
Which God?

no photo
Tue 10/25/16 09:29 AM
Edited by SimpyComplicated on Tue 10/25/16 09:30 AM

why do men pee standing up :joy:

So that they can write in the snow.

Why can't women put the toilet seat down on their own?

They can but when the can has no lid they are stumped

What will happen if Trump is trumped?

no photo
Tue 10/25/16 09:28 AM
Becaues they tried it standing on their head only once

What will happen if Trump is trumped?

no photo
Sun 10/23/16 04:49 AM
sorry I don't wear a rug on my head

no photo
Thu 10/20/16 06:44 PM
This Andy Griffith movie A Face In The Crowd would help give good focus if viewed before the debates
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjO5jQy0wDI

no photo
Thu 10/20/16 06:36 PM

Alright please please please don't make fun of me yet I'm an empath (Note:am NOT a mind reader or anything similar nor claim to be) yet nights now for me......I am awake literally far too long of stretches in the night crying my stupid heart out through my eyes over world issues problems etc not even belonging to me. I had not realized nor embraced it until being driven to near self destruction by trying to fit in and 'be a guy' like all the rest. I have no clue who I am, or where my life is headed. Everyone. Embrace the you and now, before it is too late. As for me, I have got a lot of wiping m eyes and staring at the ceiling yet to do. Cheers.

Us humans evolved to be ultra sensitive to danger because if we mistook the rustling of the grass to be the wind when it was really a predator we would have not survive very long.

Now while that sensitivity has served us well in the past it can cause us much harm now as it can have us searching out hidden dangers and negative possibilities that aren't there and because we are so focused we find any possibility magnified.

Your mission if you choose to accept it is to de-magnify your imagination down to reality

no photo
Thu 10/20/16 06:11 PM
spit roast and swallow after chewing

why y a letter and z is no better

no photo
Thu 10/20/16 05:34 PM
welcome. your positivity is positively welcome.:upside_down:

no photo
Tue 10/18/16 06:06 PM

Looks like the Donald has another problem today. :tongue:

Yes but its only words and everyone knows Donalds words rarely match his actionsrofl

no photo
Tue 10/18/16 05:49 PM

If you adore your mate, but he/she tells you (or you are sensing) that they no longer love you , and they are only staying out of a sense of duty or commitment, would you want them to stay or leave ?

If one considers ones mate as a part of oneself then it would be a bit like asking if I don't love myself enough should I leave.

My approach would be to find out what they are not getting from the relationship then work out what is best for all concerned.
If my pleasure is dependant on another suffering my pleasure is depleted

no photo
Tue 10/18/16 05:25 PM

People misusing words to get their way is an every day thing. What interests me about this one, NEED, is that there seem to be lots of people who know perfectly well, that most so-called "needs" in relationships really aren't needs at all, but they join a sort of conspiracy of silence, and pretend those "needs" are real, perhaps in hopes of getting their OWN fake "needs" approved.

I think your assumption that most people know the difference between need, want and desire is wrong.

I don't think the average person distinguishes well the difference between their thoughts and feelings. Their experience being of the complete package rather than separately

Need is a logical progression of a logical thought

Want and desire is the emotional wrapping around a thought that drives us to action to achieve our thought goal.

Instinctual needs for survival and procreation are also something that is thrown into the mix to make the task of distinguishing what is driving us all the more difficult

Is it that the fake needs you are talking about are needs that have not been matched with the correct thought or desire?

Au contraire, mon ami. The entire reason to post a thread such as this, is to alert people to ponder, because it is clearly NOT true that even most people make the needed distinction.

It is one of many examples, of how we have to actually WORK to think clearly.

In the case of NEED, what I am most referring to, is that there is almost a mechanical result involved with the use of a label.

Take the inspiration for this thread, msharmony's post about labeling someone a LIAR. Once you choose LIAR as the label, in a case where MISTAKEN would have been more accurate, you add an accusation of negative intent to the person you are labeling.

In the same way, if you mislabel a DESIRE in your thinking, as being a NEED, the actions that you take or allow for it change accordingly.

Well isnt this interesting our words seem to have caused a misunderstanding between us.

In your original post you said
“People misusing words to get their way is an every day thing. What interests me about this one, NEED, is that there seem to be lots of people who know perfectly well, that most so-called "needs" in relationships really aren't needs at all, but they join a sort of conspiracy of silence, and pretend those "needs" are real, perhaps in hopes of getting their OWN fake "needs" approved. “

While in your reply to me you said
“ Au contraire, mon ami. The entire reason to post a thread such as this, is to alert people to ponder, because it is clearly NOT true that even most people make the needed distinction”

Clearly those two statements are contradictory.

I suspect this is an indication of the limitations of language being able to convey our thoughts and emotions.
I believe the line that contains “ but they join a sort of conspiracy of silence” obscures your intention to say what you expressed in your reply to me.

Words are just labels for thoughts and emotions and we usually assume every one else has the same meaning for those labels. Unfortunately that is not often the case even if our meanings are close. In fact we don't always have the same meaning in mind for the same word we use ourself at different times.
For example

we can use the word need as something that is vital for survival.
While at other times we can use the word need as something that is vital to meet a desired goal.
At other time we may say we don't need something that is required to reach a goal when if fact it is the goal we don't need.

I agree with most every thing else you have said especially that as soon as we put a label/word on something there is an almost mechanical reaction to it.
Even though our meaning and intent can vary considerably for the same word at different times thus causing different reactions to them.

With words not being a precise a tool as we would like them to be it makes it all the more important to remain alert to the labelling and meanings we ascribe our words but not surprising get it wrong from time to time.

no photo
Tue 10/18/16 12:03 AM
It's often easy to see the bias in a headline or an article

Not so easy to see the bias in the reader

Getting to know our own bias's and how they are not always as logical as we think they would be is our best defence against deception whether by self or others

no photo
Mon 10/17/16 09:35 PM
Nothing wrong with your rating
Its all about the waiting
Your patience you are stating
should have your inbox inflating

no photo
Mon 10/17/16 09:21 PM
laugh laugh is an involuntary nervous system response to a varietyrofl of stimulus

no photo
Mon 10/17/16 09:06 PM
yummy yummy yummy I have love in my tummy

no photo
Mon 10/17/16 08:41 PM

A need is something that is required to achieve a specific goal.

If someone feels their goal is non negotiable they will feel their desire as a need.

Denying the fact they could change their goal because they don't want too.

If my goal is to stay alive, then I am going to need air.

I assume you won't negotiate on that