no photo
Mon 10/17/16 08:30 PM

People misusing words to get their way is an every day thing. What interests me about this one, NEED, is that there seem to be lots of people who know perfectly well, that most so-called "needs" in relationships really aren't needs at all, but they join a sort of conspiracy of silence, and pretend those "needs" are real, perhaps in hopes of getting their OWN fake "needs" approved.

I think your assumption that most people know the difference between need, want and desire is wrong.

I don't think the average person distinguishes well the difference between their thoughts and feelings. Their experience being of the complete package rather than separately

Need is a logical progression of a logical thought

Want and desire is the emotional wrapping around a thought that drives us to action to achieve our thought goal.

Instinctual needs for survival and procreation are also something that is thrown into the mix to make the task of distinguishing what is driving us all the more difficult

Is it that the fake needs you are talking about are needs that have not been matched with the correct thought or desire?

no photo
Mon 10/17/16 06:58 AM
It was a tie because it was a three legged race

Are you thinking at the moment?

no photo
Mon 10/17/16 12:10 AM
A need is something that is required to achieve a specific goal.

If someone feels their goal is non negotiable they will feel their desire as a need.

Denying the fact they could change their goal because they don't want too.

no photo
Sun 10/16/16 11:49 PM
Christchurch New Zealand. Well until the earth quake

Why don't we live closer to the centre of the earth?

no photo
Sun 10/16/16 11:24 PM

BTW Lie Detectors are not 100% accurate. I can tell you multiple ways to beat a polygraph right now.

Just like the Wicklander and Reid methods I use on a daily basis aren't always 100%.

Given the two facts above
What criteria would you suggest for knowing some one is guilty of withholding information that is worth side stepping their human rights to extract the information?

no photo
Sun 10/16/16 11:15 PM
Edited by SimpyComplicated on Sun 10/16/16 11:17 PM

BTW Lie Detectors are not 100% accurate. I can tell you multiple ways to beat a polygraph right now.

Just like the Wicklander and Reid methods I use on a daily basis aren't always 100%.

Given the two facts above
What criteria would you suggest for knowing some one is guilty of withholding information that is worth side stepping their human rights to extract the information?
oops offtopic Wrong thread

no photo
Sat 10/15/16 02:40 PM
a lot of people I meet seem to be in a universe Divergent to the one I experience rather than parallel to it ☺

no photo
Sat 10/15/16 01:05 PM
another driver of crime besides poverty is the feeling of not belonging of not being one of us.
The solution offered in this thread would only reinforce the incentive to commit more crime

no photo
Fri 10/14/16 05:58 PM

SimplyCompliated,

Hello Young Fellow, well I'm glad my tv not racist but you right, its only if you don't include diversity. My Simply, may I ask you this, do you ever viewed a cultural station , and if so what was the show named? Share my good man.

my host
Even though I was born and raised in NewZealand my 41 years in oz has me more inclined to watch aboriginal stations than moari tv.
Having said that my viewing habits involve a lot of channel surfing looking for things to amuse and educate me.
I dare say one of my favourite shows "The big bang Theory" indicates my love of culture within culture:smile:

I watch both commercial and subsidised tv along with youtube and Tedtalks with no paid subscriptions.

Has there ever been a reverse black and white minstrel show? With blacks playing the part of whites

no photo
Fri 10/14/16 08:41 AM
no your tv is not racist.

But it could be racist to expect all stations to appeal to all groups and not allow for diversity.

no photo
Thu 10/13/16 03:55 PM
Many a lie we tell ourselves we are not aware of our intent

no photo
Thu 10/13/16 03:48 PM
dancing the stairway

no photo
Thu 10/13/16 03:43 PM
no it is eternal

How do you measure success?

no photo
Thu 10/13/16 06:44 AM
one at a time and sometimes together

no photo
Thu 10/13/16 06:03 AM
Edited by SimpyComplicated on Thu 10/13/16 06:04 AM

Oh he did not stole it, guess its a little worse... broke it into a million pieces, now I have an additional job to mend it back, whilst if he just stole it, I can just get it back:disappointed::disappointed:

Be gentle with your heart and ensure you take this opportunity as you put it back together to make it better than it was by putting all your love into it so there is plenty there for you and others as you grow wiser and stronger.

There are more answers than you will ever find but you will find the answers that you can and the ones you persevere after over time and you will find many are a pleasant surprises you never would have imagined.

no photo
Wed 10/12/16 04:15 PM
I'd love me an Edsel

no photo
Wed 10/12/16 05:59 AM

Guys i want an answer

To whom would you like to show respect and in what situation?

no photo
Tue 10/11/16 08:16 PM

In order for one to lie, one has to know that what one is saying isn't true.

If one believes what one is saying, then one is not lying. One may be mistaken, but one is not lying.

To some it is a greater insult to be told they are wrong than to be told they are lying

no photo
Tue 10/11/16 07:48 PM

Because they are missing some be's

What is the strangest ice cream flavor?

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Vanilla because it is the flavour without flavour that is flavoursum

What question should I ask?

no photo
Tue 10/11/16 07:39 PM

why not just say still married with complications or separated from original self whos still tied to another person lol

too many letters and words when one word will do for strangers

details are easy for the interested to find out about after an introduction

Yeah, what she said.

:thumbsup:

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next