Community > Posts By > dbh1966

dbh1966's photo
Mon 10/19/09 11:56 PM
Not Taking In Any Information

L I T B T

dbh1966's photo
Mon 10/19/09 11:48 PM
Edited by dbh1966 on Mon 10/19/09 11:50 PM
basicly its the old 13 step debate. Let her recover man and walk away. People change a lot in recovery.

dbh1966's photo
Mon 10/19/09 11:27 PM
yawn All is ok. Thanks for asking. Good-night

dbh1966's photo
Mon 10/19/09 11:19 PM
Hi Winx! Good to se you toowaving

dbh1966's photo
Mon 10/19/09 11:05 PM
God is great, beer is good, people are crazy.

dbh1966's photo
Mon 10/19/09 10:57 PM
Against... because #1 --its not up to us and #2 Its the easy way out for what they did.

dbh1966's photo
Sun 10/18/09 12:24 PM
Hehe Does a fat kid love snickers bars? laugh

dbh1966's photo
Sun 10/18/09 12:18 PM
Yes I am laughing is good. :wink: so is winking

dbh1966's photo
Sun 10/18/09 12:16 PM
laugh

dbh1966's photo
Sun 10/18/09 12:13 PM
but hello Pela

dbh1966's photo
Sun 10/18/09 12:13 PM
umm thats not a dude

dbh1966's photo
Mon 09/21/09 01:25 PM
Hey man I am very sorry for the loss of Anne Molly. You have a big heart man. Hold on to that. Whatever it takes hold on to that. What you did was something that has given you the opportunity to look at staying clean. Thats why you are even reading the words from this thread. Have you heard something about staying clean or have you heard something from someone that might help you stay clean from this thread? Sometimes I get up and I have to leave a meeting wondering if there was something I needed to hear that I missed. If anything we need to have seeds spread through our recovery to help us along. Sometimes we have to pull positive out of a very hard sad and difficult situation.

I have to tell you. Its funny how our Higher power works. I haven't been on Mingle for quite sometime (3 mo. maybe). There are at least 3 people in this thread that were part of helping encouraging me (they know who they are and thank you 3 sooo much) when I was struggling going through very difficult times. I get on here and I was told about your thread. I had to say something. I want to tell you something that is a little about what I went through but I have a point to it. May 20th of 05' is my clean date. My wife had left me because of my using on May 15th. I was told if I stayed clean she would come back. I did and she came back, to our home we own, in Aug. of 05'. I then had a daughter my first/only (except for 2 stepkids at the time) child exactly on my 18 months clean date to the day in 06'. Everything seemingly was good. Until Jan 1 at 9am when my wife floored me with asking me to leave our home. Everything I went through my clean time intact and still was doing it. I was doing well(staying clean). I was heart broken. I thought we would grow old together. I cried to myself and outloud in NA meetings for months. I prayed I searched for answers. On the 6th of Jan I temporarily moved out. I didn't want her to feel pressured. She said "she had to figure things out" So I thought it was temporary til we would go through counseling. The 9th she told me she had feelings for someone else. I lost 35lbs in no time. I had a knot in my stomach for 2 months. I had known her for 23 years. married for 13. It was so painful and it hurt physically. I thought I would feel like that the rest of my life but the pain got better and it went away. I needed to feel that. It humbled me and gave me some heart toady.
In May 08'my Dad had open heart surgery. Then I got a phone call from her on the 15th of may in 08' and she said she and he were fired because of the affair and she can't pay the mortgage. She wanted him to move into my house to help pay for the mortgage with his severence package, w/ my daughter my 2 stepkids my dogs cat cut my grass with my John Deere tractor park in my spot in garage and work on my house to get it to sell. he would never be there when I would come by. I guess he thought i would hurt him ...really really bad. I prayed hard. It was like I stepped out of my life and someone else stepped in. Im still clean. We were preparing divorce papers to be done as quick as possible,after May. I said we are selling the house. She didn't like that...too bad. My first house. It sold on sept 1st of 08' luckly with the economy. Sept 21st 08'I quit smoking cigarettes(still sucessfully). On Sept 25th 08' I lost my 13 year job. Still I have not found another job. Divorce will be a year final this month. Today strangly enough is 1 year off cigs.

My point to all of this is this man. (I know this was long and im sorry.) We grow from what we experience. We learn from it. We understand that we can deal with our feeling without getting high or drunk. That builds our charachter! We can pull a lot of positive actions from such negative situations in our life. We ask for help! We learn to trust others. We find that people really do care about us in NA or AA. We care because we have empathy for what you went through. We can relate. "WE" Its a "WE" program. We earn our seats in the rooms of NA or AA. We are supposed to share or experience strength and hope. The big thing is man no matter what WE DON"T HAVE TO USE FOR NOTHING OR NOBODY!!THERE IS NO GOOd REASON TO USE!! Wherever you are in your program whatever your doing for your recovery make sure you go to meeting. It is your lifeline your cleantime. Talk to your sponsor and work some steps the best you can. Also when you go into a meeting share how you feel the best you can. There is so much recovery can give us. It is sometimes difficult to walk through it. Its OK thats what we do. hey its "Just for today". "One day at a time." Im not sure where you are now but try to get to a meeting and share.

If you sit in a gargage your not going to turn into a car.
When you go to a meeting doesn't mean you will turn into an awesome recovering guru. We have to work some steps to get there.

You are valued man ...remember that. Don't give up 5 min before the miracle happens. Your in my Prayers.

Oh and Im still clean and will have 5 years in May.

Dave H.
Indianpolis, IN.

dbh1966's photo
Tue 08/11/09 09:49 PM

someone cheats, they are gone

Amen.

dbh1966's photo
Tue 08/11/09 09:44 PM

pull up a chair...

make 'nice' conversation...smile a lot...

and make damn sure they are VERY uncomfortable...

pitchfork

excellent

dbh1966's photo
Sun 03/01/09 03:33 PM
Not at the beginning but who ended up being the most favorite dog I ever had. My Jack Russel. My ex-wife took him to the pound when we seperated. grumble :angry: sad frustrated rant

dbh1966's photo
Sun 03/01/09 02:52 PM

:heart: Do you love with your entire heart, or do you hold back a little to help you recover if your heart should become broken?:heart:

When I read this question my honest taking of it was...fear. Are we afraid to love with our whole heart? Who wants to tear down their wall that they so painstakingly built on issues of broken marriages/ relationships. That's a wall that we have fear to tear down. I think sometimes it's about taking risks for love. I think we need to first get to know who someone is. It's also about trust. Really... knowing that every person we run into in our life whether a happy memory or a sad memory we learn from them all. That is the blessing of relationships be it good or bad. We are to become better because of them.

dbh1966's photo
Mon 02/23/09 07:42 AM
Edited by dbh1966 on Mon 02/23/09 07:44 AM

I'm no Matthew McConaughey but I'm far from a Lyle Lovett as well. Herewaving

Whos that?:smile: :heart: :smile: .. howdidrinker

Actor- Matthew M/singer Lyle L.. Have you seen Third Day before Love? I saw them Deercreek in July of last year. They put on an excellent show. Loved it. Howdi back at ya waving

dbh1966's photo
Mon 02/23/09 07:24 AM
Edited by dbh1966 on Mon 02/23/09 07:26 AM

Photogragher

<<<<< I wished I were...can barely manage cell phone camera!!!:tongue:

I took the pic you see to the left with my cell a week ago. I wish I was a photogragher too. I like taking pictures of landscape. Look at the rest of my pics on my profile and tell me if ya like em.

Your pics are amazing! You took them with your cell phone camera???
Your daughter is beyond beautiful!

No Not all of them were with my cell but most of them. Thanks for saying that about my daughter:smile:

dbh1966's photo
Mon 02/23/09 07:20 AM

but not everyone lives smokin (I heard this line the other day .. "Everybody dies, but not every one lives" .. profound don'tcha think?

"Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it, I say! Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows." (Pope Paul VI ) ....

CARPE DIEM !!!!

Switchfoot says it well in "This Is Your Life" ..

Yesterday is a wrinkle on your forehead
Yesterday is a promise that you've broken
Don't close your eyes, don't close your eyes
This is your life and today is all you've got now
Yeah, and today is all you'll ever have
Don't close your eyes

This is your life, are you who you want to be
This is your life, is it everything you dreamed that it would be
When the world was younger and you had everything to lose

Yesterday is a kid in the corner
Yesterday is dead and over

This is your life, are you who you want to be
This is your life, is it everything you dreamed that it would be
When the world was younger and you had everything to lose

Don't close your eyes .....

So? Is your life all you ever dreamed it would be? Be honest now., no reason to put on a false face about it .. smokin

Nice Fade! I'd have to say no but sometimes through the self will of others we suffer. AHH but how well I learn and how it draws me closer to him. Comforting.

well true we may suffer but it doesn't need to remain that way. We all get broadsided in life on a beautiful afternoon but it's how we get past those moments that count eh?

So so true Fade.

dbh1966's photo
Mon 02/23/09 07:16 AM

Photogragher

<<<<< I wished I were...can barely manage cell phone camera!!!:tongue:

I took the pic you see to the left with my cell a week ago. I wish I was a photogragher too. I like taking pictures of landscape. Look at the rest of my pics on my profile and tell me if ya like em.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 23 24