Community > Posts By > Whozurdaddy

Whozurdaddy's photo
Wed 05/07/14 10:28 AM

Whozurdaddy gave the best advice for your problem, just to add a few notes though-
1. If he is gaining access through teamviewer I doubt it was your ip address in which he is using, teamviewer generates a its own access code and password for people to gain access. (this is not to say he didn't obtain an ip address while he was accessing it) but to stop teamviewer access just change (or create) a user-defined passcode. Also check the box that automatically records all incoming connections and monitor its save folder.

2. If he is gaining access with an ip address, log-in to your router and change your ip renewal policy to 1 day which should be the default. Ensure that your router config setting is set to a DHCP standard, which will allow for your router to change your ip every day, once again this should be your routers default.

3. Next open your task manager, select the services tag, click the services button in the bottom right hand corner, in the window that pops up filter the srvices by name and scroll down to the ones that say Remote there should be like 7 or 8 disable all of them.

This will stop him if he has basic knowledge, if he is comp savvy and a possiblke background in "hacking" lol you will need a much more in-depth approach

Hi Chris, nice to meet you.

As embarrassing as it is to admit with so many seriously intelligent and knowledgeable people on Mingle, most of what you guys are saying is Greek to me. And I'm sure it's pretty obvious with you fellas, so I'm thankful you're even taking the time to try and guide me.

But I'm like WOW they're telling me to do what now! Look where? Hide what, construct a wall against this and that... close your eyes and count to ten... then start all over again... laugh

I fear I'm from the generation before computers was the norm and where I live in the deep woods there was only one computer class offered at the local high school back in 2001.

I jumped on it and soaked up 4 months worth of basic information, but other than that I'm lost when it pertains to all this modern technology. And I do the best I can with what I've got.

So all of ya'lls input is truly appreciated even if I never figure out if I've protected my machines against intruders or just locked myself in with them still on the inside... :wink:

I guess it's a good thing that I don't have much of anything that anybody could want... laugh

And THAT'S a good thing Athena. :) If more people understood that an attack and breach of their system was inevitable there would be less information available to be used against themselves and others.
As has been said recently, just start flipping your passwords around on your accounts.

SYK.... the passwords here @ Mingle are not the best protected, simply because they are not running it through an encryption algorithim. If they did, we'd not get our original passwords back to us should we request a new one in the event of a lost or forgotten

That's a lot of gobbledeegook I'm sure, but it's good for others to know too.
Flip your P.W. every 6 weeks Hon, and you'll be o.k.
If it gets weird don't be afraid to toss me a p.m. and I'll walk you through it; no worries.

Whozurdaddy's photo
Fri 05/02/14 09:03 AM
Edited by Whozurdaddy on Fri 05/02/14 09:13 AM
Athena, you've been 'Socially engineered'. That is the common term used to identify the largest portion of hacker tools.
Hackers often 'fishnet' information rapidly and will sort that information in time in order to obtain something of value;eventually that information can be used to obtain credit info other passwords to other critical information and such.

You'd be wise to immediately change any and all passwords using at least 8 characters and utilizing Caps, numbers, insignias and letters. Anything associated with that e mail account can be rifled through and work with by a true hack.

A 'Lurker' may wish to drain information from any other accounts over a period of time in order to find something critical. Intel's not that good w/o a social #, a phone number, a physical addy, and of course an account number.

If you're running a Net-Bios start up password it will be hard for the individual to access your account unless that initial password is weak.

There is every possibility that the punk-*** installed spy-ware onto your system as well. You'll want to download monitor your 'Task Manager' for a bit and see if you've got extraordinary memory usage being used while the machine is idle. Often these things can be identified this way.

If it get's bigger, go to this site. State your issue and they can help eradicate the perps work.
http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php

Re-invent yourself electronically and you'll be fine.

Good luck.

Whozurdaddy's photo
Fri 05/02/14 08:52 AM

It takes a very long time to trust again, give yourself time to learn to love yourself first and to move on

Well put and spot on.

Whozurdaddy's photo
Fri 05/02/14 08:36 AM
Long legs.

Whozurdaddy's photo
Thu 05/01/14 06:39 AM
Most Excellent!

Thank you Soufiehere. :)

Whozurdaddy's photo
Wed 04/30/14 09:19 PM

Okay, okay.....here's me and my money.....

now let me see what my money is buying :tongue: bigsmile rofl rofl

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Whozurdaddy's photo
Wed 04/30/14 09:11 PM
"A man's gotta know his limitations." Harry Callahan

Whozurdaddy's photo
Wed 04/30/14 09:10 PM
Hi, sorry to have to create a post for this but there wasn't a search engine to get my answer.

How do I upload photos to the forum board messages which I respond to ?

Thanks in advance.
drinker

Whozurdaddy's photo
Wed 04/30/14 08:56 PM

A girl got my phone number from the tag on my dog's collar once. I'm thinking about getting a T shirt printed.

What are you going to put on that shirt Tawt? "Have you seen this dog" ? or "Would you like to see my dog?" .

drinker

Whozurdaddy's photo
Wed 04/30/14 08:50 PM
It's all about what's upstairs.
A rocking hot woman is great if she can think beyond herself (my experience has been that's a rarity).
Imo; most of the 'pretty' women are incredibly witty and wild when they're up to it; often in and of themselves 'sleepers' waiting to open up.

Whozurdaddy's photo
Wed 04/30/14 07:41 AM
A man and a hot babe walk into a jewelry store. Standing over the mans shoulder, the babe points to various diamonds under the counter. The owner of the shop approaches them and asks 'May I help you?'. The man in replies 'Why yes, I'd like to buy my loving girlfriend here your best diamond broach.' Hearing this the babe with a twinkle in her eye smiles.
The owner pulls sets the broach out and the man cuts a check for it promising to pick up the broach after the check has cleared after the weekend.
Completely satisfied, the owner puts the check in the till and the broach in the safe.
Comes Monday and the owner of the shop finds out that the check didn't clear. Around 2:00 the man comes in the shop without the babe on his hip. The owner says 'Hey! You're check didn't clear with the Bank!'
The man replies, 'Yeah I know, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. But can you just imagine the weekend I had? ' .

smokin

Whozurdaddy's photo
Wed 04/30/14 07:06 AM

Some men will do and say anything to be the center of attention... laugh

Good show... drinker

^^^This^^^

Whozurdaddy's photo
Fri 04/25/14 08:31 AM
Dating is defined as a momentary loss of time and reason wherein the individual (usually of the male gender) adorns himself in cologne and wardrobe he keeps in the back of his closet, hoping to attract (more often than not) one of the female gender, followed by a loss of finances and ending in heartburn from digesting foods which he would have otherwise not have consumed.

bigsmile

Whozurdaddy's photo
Thu 04/24/14 05:18 AM
The Semester's almost over and I'm ahead of schedule. Maybe get some backcountry in my life before I return to work this Summer. :)

Whozurdaddy's photo
Thu 04/24/14 05:13 AM

Whozyrdaddy, that was very well put. It helps me see my original question in a different perspective.

drinker

Whozurdaddy's photo
Wed 04/23/14 10:45 PM
Experiencing life, finding a new miracle, appreciating ones friends and family, stopping and smelling the roses, counting ones blessings,getting excited, chasing the adrenaline.....

I'm sure there's more, but that's a good start from my lil bubble.

Whozurdaddy's photo
Wed 04/23/14 10:39 PM

So I've been looking at forum posts and checking out profiles that catch my attention (yes, I'm curious by nature). And I've noticed that many of us have commonality in looking for someone to spend time with. It made me wonder, have we forgotten how to interact with real people?

This is a great topic so I'm bumping it.

I think the interweb's brought a part of the human 'need' that maybe we weren't aware of simply because it had never been exercised until now; that being the need for social intercourse w/o the actual physical interactions. Folks today can share thoughts, ideas and opinions with the ability to end the day and return to their absolute privacy with the flip of a switch.
As a student, I get plenty of social intecourse but most of it's with youngers; it's nice to listen to others of my (relative) age group w/o having any real attachments to those I might participate or kibbutz with. Yet when I feel the need, I can just shut it down and get back to my studies or other things.
There's a chance that others appreciate being able to have contacts in other countries and or in each of our respective nations w/o feeling an obligation to meet in person. Meeting of the minds is just as relevant as actually physically making a contact.
Maybe I'm just weird. :)

Whozurdaddy's photo
Tue 04/22/14 07:29 AM
I had such a witty retort. I'm not even going to go there... .

Back to work.

noway

Whozurdaddy's photo
Mon 04/21/14 07:46 AM
IMO:
If someones lifestyle or habits affect others negatively w/o their knowledge yes there's a reason to be a whistle blower.

Personally, I think the question is a 'round-robin' ; but I am often caught thinking too hard on matters.

Whozurdaddy's photo
Sat 04/19/14 02:18 PM
I think I saw a tic go down your shirt