Community > Posts By > Whisperss

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 08:56 PM
Edited by Whisperss on Mon 12/15/08 09:11 PM

I am surprised that you would reply with a nice "no thank you" I don't even get that.

I am now but I may stop soon. I just deleted my first email without sending a reply because I didn't like the question that was being asked of me and I could see what was coming no matter how I replied.
See...the problem is almost every reply of no thank you leads to a follow up email of the man asking why not ...so....now the email doubles. I'm thankful that I'm getting emails.....I'm just not thankful for the nasty replies. Although.....in some cases the nasty replies make me feel good knowing I made the right call the first time......
....I'll figure out a system eventually ...maybe...whoa whoa

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 08:47 PM
Edited by Whisperss on Mon 12/15/08 08:59 PM

Whoopitdy freakin doo! He is a CAMERA MAN. He isn't fighting, he doesn't see what my brother has seen. You can have your color coated picture of Iraq from daddy, but it doesn't change what is going on! I don't watch CNN, nor any major news, I get it straight from the horses mouth, so to speak! 26 months he has been there. I'm sure daddy wasn't there quite that long! I'm sure some of the people in Iraq are glad that he is gone, but it doesnt change the fact that AMERICA is a huge part of the death and sufferage there!

You said your brother is a solder there. ....You just said American is a huge part of the death and sufferage there.
So I must ask you.....which Americans are doing the killing? Is it the cameramen or the soldiers?

You see what you're saying? You're saying American solders are doing the killing.....your brother is one of those solders.....do you think your brother is killing innocent Iraqi people?...
I don't think our solders are doing that but you're suggesting they are. You're suggesting your brother is killing innocent Iraqis.
The ones killing the Iraq people are ......other Iraqis and the terrorist groups... not American solders...America, Our soilders, and your brother are trying to prevent the killings.

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 07:25 PM
Edited by Whisperss on Mon 12/15/08 07:26 PM

Have you been to Iraq? How do you know how GREAT it is now? Just because that is what the news told you? Give me a break!

Well my brother has been in Iraq, and I have heard horror stories, seen horrible pictures of the reality that is Iraq. Oh yeah, Iraq is marvelous now.frustrated grumble The air quality is really good, it's great when there isn't one single bombing in a day. huh

My dad is a cameraman for CNN....and......he just returned from Iraq.....He says most of the Iraq people are very thankful we removed Saddam and they don't want him back. I speak to my dad constantly about what life is like in Iraq.........It's an area that interest me greatly.... I don't talk or make post unless I have my facts straight.
Iraq is better now then under Saddam....the Iraq people themselves have said so....
Not a word said on this forum will hold more weight in my eyes than my dad's first hand view of life in Iraq...

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 07:18 PM
If you really have personality and wit then you need to be where your traits can be seen and experienced......unless you intend on doing a lot of forum posting then a dating site might not be your best venue. Dating sites are very visual oriented....sure we have profiles but it's hard to show your true personality in a short profile.

I don't even see a lot of woman your age on this forum...so.....You really might be better off not being on a dating site.
You need real life interaction with women so your strong points can shine through.

......dating is not easy for most people regardless of their looks. I just ended a two year engagement when I caught my fiancee cheating on me. Instead of getting married.....I'm here....tears

Good luck with whatever path you choose...I wish you the best. smile2

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 07:06 PM

Millions dead and displaced many crippled for life, families destroyed, children bleeding out in the streets crying for their moms and dads, I think if they could have a "do over" they would take saddam back in a minute

I think they did a poll......I remember seeing it on the news....they didn't want Saddam back.....

I don't know where you get your millions dead idea......some tabloid perhaps? Not even MsNBC says that...

Mass killings......random gassings.......torture prisons......
I don't think you understand just how bad things were under Saddam.

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 06:59 PM

This is why a lot of us women stopped replying.

I may stop soon too because these type replies are real downers. One or two is no big deal but who wants to be treated to nasty degrading messages whenever they open their mail?

I'm also getting guys getting nasty and saying they didn't want to date me anyway....they were just writing to say hi. It's a dating site....so if a man writes me....and the man doesn't bring up a forum topic....then I'm assuming it's because he wants to date me. Why the hell would 50 year old men write 29 year old women to just be friends? Perhaps I'm not rude enough to be on a dating website. :angry: Maybe I'll just start replying with smilies explode

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 06:45 PM
Please excuse my ignorance on this matter.....first time on a dating site. I've replied to every message I've received .... excluding the ones received in the last hour. None of the men were what I was seeking so all my replies have been brief no thank you replies. I'm getting many replies to my no thank you messages and a surprising amount are nasty.

Actual examples.... snipped for brevity.... misspellings corrected :
.....How do you know you wouldn't like me ...you don't even know me...I hate shallow women like you...

....You're probably not even a real girl....just some wanker....

....Stuck up *****.....who made you queen...

....Why are you here then if you don't want to chat...

Those were the nasty ones.....a few more were just sarcastic insults.

Is this normal for dating sites? These replies are making me rethink my policy of responding to all message....I'm starting to think it's better to just ignore the messages that I'm not interested in.

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 06:18 PM
Edited by Whisperss on Mon 12/15/08 07:02 PM

How condescending.We caused the mess over there from the 1950's on so let's stop painting Bush as the Great White Father shall we?

Bush didn't cause the mess in the 50's. ...but....Bush did remove Saddam and make Iraq better. I doubt most of the Iraq people would want Saddam back.

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 09:38 AM

1st I want to say I'm sorry that you went through all that, 2nd people do make mistakes but only ONCE, after that it’s no longer a mistake it’s on purpose

I think how one explains their mistakes....says as much about them. My ex seemed to think it was all no big deal because we were not yet married.bGetting it out his system was what he said at one point. 2 years of engagement and wedding planning....gone....2 years wasted with that sleeze....I want to throw a shoe at him....from 10 miles up.:angry:

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 09:30 AM

Well since we help create Saddam we all should be held responsible for his crimes...All those years we supported him do you think he was just a gentle leader? Ever figured out where he got the chemical and biological technology? HMMMM

Is the reporter better off now then before the war?....unless he was a Batheist then the answer is probably yes he is. Because someone does wrong in the past doesn't preclude them from doing right in the future. Past American presidents supported Saddam for reasons they felt were justified.... maybe they were right or maybe wrong...we don't know all the inside information the Presidents know.....However removing Saddam was clearly a good thing for the majority of the Iraq people.

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 09:12 AM

Early reports are that the Journo with the wing tip fast ball was drug from the room and beaten pretty badly by Iraq security forces. The people of Iraq however are treating the Journo like a hero. Hmmm... catching a beating for freedom of speech, yeah, thats sounds like the New American version of the First Amendment.

Is the reporter dead? ....no....Is his family dead? ....no ...Is he receiving fame and applause from the Iraq people...yes

if he threw a show at Saddam....

Would he be dead?....yes.....would his family be dead?.... possibly and definitely dishonored.... Would he be receiving applause from the Iraq people?.....No....they either wouldn't hear about it or they would hear how he tried to kill Saddam...the glorious Iraq leader. The man has freedom now he didn't have before the war. It's not the same level as American.....but it's more much more than he had before.

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 09:04 AM
If they are an azz and hot looking I would not be arroused whatsoever.

(I'm just quoting the last line of buttons post)

I appreciate your thoughtful response buttons and I just want comment on the last line. That part about ignoring a hot looking man that's an azz ( a--s--s? we can't swear here?) is easy for most women. The hard part is becoming attracted to a very unhot man that is everything else you want. I know of at least one man like this......I want so badly to be attracted to him...because he is a wonderful man.... but he is just to........ unattractive to me. I don't mean average....I mean I don't like looking at him. It's cruel but this is life and love...what's there do do?

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 08:50 AM

This is a riot. A news reporter throws his shoes at Bush
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7782422.stm

It was in Iraq.... imagine if he threw a shoe at Saddam Hussein....the reporter would be dead now and probably so would his family. So .... the reporter was very disrespectful to the man who is responsible for giving him his freedom of free speech and freedom of shoe throwing...

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 06:56 AM
Edited by Whisperss on Mon 12/15/08 06:57 AM

It's really not so bad here -- there are a few of us who actually enjoy (and seek out) intelligent conversation. Yes, the signal-to-noise ratio is sometimes problematic, but you learn who's who fairly quickly.

I don't think it's bad here....not at all....just not what I'm really into. I'm not much of a small talker.....and the mingle2 forums appear more the chatroom than a true discussion forum. The place looks like a lot of fun.....just different then what I expected. There's no reason......as said friend pointed out....that I can't keep my profile active and just post in the topics I like and ignore the rest.

Appreciate the welcome everyone....I'll try to not get in the way too much...waving waving

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 06:49 AM

What kind of stuff are you finding on the "other" forum????? You say it's better?????

There is a forum ......I'm guessing we can't mention other dating websites?....the other forum just has many more topics of dating substance and many more topics on the problems and pitfalls of dating. The other place doen't appear to allow much in the way of playful threads that I see here. I'm not knocking this place....please don't misunderstand....it's just different that's all. What you have here is a large chat room....great for getting to know individuals but I'm more interested in thoughtful discussions about relationships and such.

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 06:39 AM
.....stop your nagginglaugh I created a profile yesterday at the bequest of a friend who has a profile here ....one who wishes not to be named whoa. I posted some questions and then said my good byes because I didn't think I was ready for this forum. Nothing to do with the people here......it's just not what I'd thought it would be. Said friend says I can't leave yet and I must introduce myself. Because said friend is only 2 desk away here at my office I'll do as he says ......and give the place another chance ......so he doesn't nag me to death.frustrated

waving waving

Hi everyone.....I'm Whisperss and I'm glad to be here...ohwell

happy now Mr said friend grumble

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 06:25 AM

....I don't think I'll fit in on this forum....just not my style and I'm going to go try out another forum I just found....nothing personal.....you seem like a good crowd....it's just not the type of dating forum I thought it was. The topics aren't what I thought they would be.

I appreciated everyone's responses to my questions and queries and I wish everyone the best. waving

My friend here....who dragged me into these forums says I can't leave....grumble ....So I'll stay. I'll just have a profile on two places at once. Ummm....if anyone wants me you'll have to knock loudly because I might be in the back.....on the other forum.

no photo
Sun 12/14/08 08:34 PM
....I don't think I'll fit in on this forum....just not my style and I'm going to go try out another forum I just found....nothing personal.....you seem like a good crowd....it's just not the type of dating forum I thought it was. The topics aren't what I thought they would be.

I appreciated everyone's responses to my questions and queries and I wish everyone the best. waving

no photo
Sun 12/14/08 08:13 PM
Lengthy responses are fine scoundrel.....and I say the same to the others responding. I enjoy thoughtful topics and a good discussion. Truthfully though.... judging from from the amount of game topics and non topic topics I see abound on the mingle2 forum..... I might be out of place here and soon you'll all get tired of me. I'll have to find other forums in which to rant.

no photo
Sun 12/14/08 05:49 PM
I wish I could say the same scoundrel.....it would make my life easier if I could get past some men's lack of attractiveness.

I really like this smiley......scared scared scared He reminds me of my baby brother.

Previous 1