Community > Posts By > LUNG1954

LUNG1954's photo
Sat 04/01/23 07:15 PM
Quran:
“Our Lord, we have heard the caller calling to belief, "Believe in your Lord!" So we believe. Our Lord, forgive us our sins and acquit us of our evil deeds, and take us to You in death with the righteous. Our Lord, give us what You promised us by Your Messengers, and do not abase us on the Day of Resurrection. You do not break Your promise. '
“And indeed their Lord answers them: 'I do not waste the labor of any that labors among you, male or female you are from each other.’’
“But for those who fear their Lord, for them shall be Gardens underneath which rivers flow, there they shall live for ever, a (goodly) hosting from Allah, and that which is with Allah is better for the righteous.”

LUNG1954's photo
Fri 03/31/23 07:19 PM
Fasting is a powerful spiritual discipline. Through fasting and prayer, the Holy Spirit can transform your life. And the practice of fasting has strong roots in the Bible. Jesus himself spent time in fasting and prayer during his life on earth, and he expected his followers to fast as well.

LUNG1954's photo
Fri 03/31/23 07:13 PM
'Allah [God] will not leave the believers in that which you are till He shall distinguish the evil from the good. Allah will not let you see the unseen. But Allah chooses from His Messengers whom He will. Therefore, believe in Allah and His Messengers, for if you believe and are cautious there shall be for you a great wage.'
Quran

LUNG1954's photo
Fri 03/31/23 12:53 AM

8th day of fasting and I've stopped feeling hungry. Extremely thirsty though, as the weather is so hot and humid.

How to avoid thirst during fasting
Delaying the suhoor time [the meal before sunrise], until after midnight.
It is necessary that the suhoor meal contain fruits, as they reduce the feeling of thirst, most notably grapes and watermelon and more vegetables, especially cucumbers. They also help reduce fluid loss in the body.
Avoid drinking too much water at the suhoor. It is better to distribute drinking water in quantities between iftar [the fast-breaking meal ] and suhoor.
Avoid salty foods because they increase thirst and the body's need for fluids during the day.
Avoid drinks that contain caffeine, such as coffee, Nescafe, and soft drinks, as they are diuretics and make the body lose water quickly.
Do not stay under high temperatures for long periods, and it is preferable to rest in cool places, as well as take frequent showers to cool the body and reduce the feeling of thirst.
Drink herbal drinks such as hibiscus, carob and licorice, as they prevent thirst.
Drink more soup as it is a rich source of water
Reduce sweets because they help to feel thirsty.

LUNG1954's photo
Wed 03/29/23 07:58 PM
Is it permissible to practice marital relations during fasting days (especially at night)?
Eastern Church's answer:
Fasting - in the Christian concept - is training to control the body from all lusts and sensual desires (to look, touch, hear and smell). Hence, it prohibits the practice of marital relations during the sacred fasts. And the days of masses, that is, not enjoying sex "in those blessed times."
Refraining from marital relations - during fasting - is known in ancient times (Dan. 6:18). Especially among the Jews, as it was mentioned in the Jewish interpretation of the "Mishnah", which states: "On the day of the penance fast, it is not permissible for the individual to eat, bathe, use perfume, or engage in marital intercourse."
However, this should be done with the agreement of both spouses - before fasting - lest the weak deviate (before the temptation of lust), and cause sin for himself or his life partner, as St. Paul the Apostle saw.
And if the marital relationship is practiced, that day is considered a “breakfast” for both of them.
Anba Sawiris, Bishop of Ashmounin

LUNG1954's photo
Wed 03/29/23 07:31 PM
From the Quran:
‘’Say, ˹O Prophet,˺ “We believe in Allah {God} and what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and his descendants; and what was given to Moses, Jesus, and other prophets from their Lord—we make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we ˹fully˺ submit.”
“Whoever seeks a way other than Islam,1 it will never be accepted from them, and in the Hereafter they will be among the losers.”
Footnote 1; Islam i.e., full submission to the Will of God.

LUNG1954's photo
Mon 03/27/23 08:35 PM
The Bible says:
Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control" (1 Cor 7:3, 5).
Genesis 2:24, "Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh."

What does it mean to "become one flesh"?

LUNG1954's photo
Mon 03/27/23 08:23 PM
When God imposed fasting, He imposed that a man should not make sex with his wife during the month of Ramadan, neither at night nor during the day, as was the fasting of the Children of Israel in the Torah, and if a man slept at the beginning of the night before he broke his fast, it was forbidden for him to eat after sleeping, and among the Muslims were young men who secretly made sex with their wives at night Because of their lack of patience, so God revealed;
‘It has been made permissible for you to be intimate with your wives during the nights preceding the fast. Your spouses are a garment1 for you as you are for them. God knows that you were deceiving yourselves. So He has accepted your repentance and pardoned you. So now you may be intimate with them and seek what God has prescribed for you. ˹You may˺ eat and drink until you see the light of dawn breaking the darkness of night, then complete the fast until nightfall. Do not make sex with your spouses while you are meditating in the mosques. These are the limits set by God, so do not exceed them. This is how God makes His revelations clear to people, so they may become mindful ˹of Him˺.’ Quran.
1“Garment” is a metaphor for comfort, chastity, and protection.

LUNG1954's photo
Sat 03/25/23 07:25 PM
Patients achieved complete diabetes remission after an intermittent fasting diet intervention, according to a new research study. Complete diabetes remission is defined as an HbA1c (average blood sugar) level of less than 6.5% at least one year after stopping diabetes medication. The details were published on December 14 in the Endocrine Society’s Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism.

https://scitechdaily.com/intermittent-fasting-completely-reverses-type-2-diabetes-in-study/

LUNG1954's photo
Sat 03/25/23 07:17 PM
Intermittent fasting may put patients into remission for type 2 diabetes, according to a new study published in the Endocrine Society’s Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/type-2-diabetes-intermittent-fasting-may-help-reverse-condition

LUNG1954's photo
Sat 03/25/23 01:19 AM
In Islam, the Quran states that a sick person who is unable to fast is not required to fast. God said: ‘Fast a certain number of days, but if any one of you is ill or on a journey let him (fast) a similar number of days later on; and for those who are unable (to fast), there is a ransom the feeding of a needy person. Whosoever volunteers good, it is good for him; but to fast is better for you, if you but knew.’
But if the doctors decide that this disease continues and does not go away, then he is like an old person who finds it difficult to fast, so he does not have to fast, but he has to feed one poor person for each day.
The doctor does not recommend fasting for type 1 diabetics. As for the type 2 diabetes patient who takes diabetes tablets orally, doctors say that most patients in this category benefit from fasting, but they have to organize meals. The treating medical team shows them the necessary instructions on how to manage their condition throughout the month of Ramadan.

LUNG1954's photo
Fri 03/24/23 02:02 AM
Fasting in monotheistic religions: Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
Judaism
Fasting for Jews means complete abstinence from food and drink, including water. Observant Jews traditionally fast six days a year. With the exception of Yom Kippur, fasting is never permitted on Saturday.
Christianity
Orthodox, Catholic, Anglican, and Methodist Christian denominations have emphasized the importance of the Friday fast, which includes abstinence from meat, dairy products, and alcohol.
Roman Catholicism
Catholic fasting, is to reduce food intake to one full meal that does not contain meat on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday and Fridays throughout the year unless Friday is celebrated and two small meals should not equal the large meal. Solid food is not allowed between meals. It is necessary to completely refrain from eating meat for this day for those aged 14 and over.
Eastern Orthodox
Orthodox Christians fast on Wednesday (in memory of Jesus' betrayal) and on Friday (in memory of Jesus' crucifixion on Good Friday). Not eating olive oil, meat, fish, milk and dairy products until sunset. In addition, they abstain from sexual relations on Wednesdays and Fridays throughout the year, as do the entirety of Lent, Christmas Lent, and the fifteen days before the feast of the Assumption of Mary.
Islam
Muslims fast the month of Ramadan from dawn to sunset every year, by abstaining from food, drink, and even smoking and sexual intercourse. There is also a broader meaning of fasting that includes abstaining from every falsehood in word and deed, and from fighting. Believers strive to purify the body and soul and increase their piety.
Fasting in earthly religions
Fasting is a feature of ascetic traditions in religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism. Mahayana tradition recommends that laity fast six days each month and three months of fasting each year. Members of the Baha'i Faith fast nineteen days from sunrise to sunset during the month of March each year. Buddhist monks and nuns do not eat every day after the noon meal. It is a disciplined system that aids in meditation and good health. Lay Buddhists fast during times of intense meditation. Where they completely abstain from eating animal products, but they drink milk. Moreover, they also avoid eating processed foods and pungent foods which are: all kinds of garlic and onions.
Hinduism
Certain days of the week are designated for fasting depending on the preferred deity. In southern India, Tuesday is dedicated to the goddess Mariamman. They eat before sunrise and drink liquids only between sunrise and sunset. In the north, Tuesdays and Saturdays are dedicated to Lord Hanuman and milk and fruits are only allowed between sunrise and sunset. In some parts of India, a special fast is practiced for married women in order to prolong the lives of their husbands. The fast is interrupted after the wife sees the moon through a sieve.
Sikhism
Sikhism does not consider fasting a spiritual act and does not encourage intentional starvation. But it encourages moderation in food, that is, not to be hungry and not to overeat.

LUNG1954's photo
Fri 03/17/23 12:35 AM
Encountering deceased loved ones in near-death experiences
Near-death experiences may describe encounters with people that they knew during their earthly life. The following is an example of encountering a deceased loved ones in an NDE. This example is also notable as the NDEr was born totally deaf:
“I approached the boundary. No explanation was necessary for me to understand, at the age of ten, that once I cross[ed] the boundary, I could never come back— period. I was more than thrilled to cross. I intended to cross, but my ancestors over another boundary caught my attention. They were talking in telepathy, which caught my attention. I was born profoundly deaf and had all hearing family members, all of which knew sign language! I could read or communicate with about twenty ancestors of mine and others through telepathic methods. It overwhelmed me. I could not believe how many people I could telepathize with simultaneously.

LUNG1954's photo
Tue 03/14/23 12:10 AM
every day there are new political changes
this is example
Iran, Saudi Arabia agree to restore ties in China-brokered deal
End to 7-year diplomatic rift follows negotiations in Beijing

LUNG1954's photo
Mon 03/13/23 02:04 AM

Near-death experiences of young children
Investigation of near-death experiences in very young children is important because at an early age they are less likely to have established religious beliefs, cultural understandings about death, or even an awareness of what death is. Very young children would be very unlikely to have heard about near-death experiences or understand them. I investigated the NDEs in children age five and younger in the same group of 613 NDErs previously discussed in the section on NDEs while under general anesthesia. Two NDEs were excluded as they did not provide their age in the survey. The study groups included 26 NDErs that were age 5 and younger (average 3.6 years old) and 585 NDErs age 6 and older at the time of their NDEs. The NDERF survey included 33 questions about the content of their NDEs. Statistic was used to compare the responses to these 33 questions between the two groups. There was no statistically significant difference to the responses between the two groups to any of the 33 questions. The NDERF study found that the content of NDEs in children age five and younger appeared to be the same as the content of NDEs in older children and adults. The finding of the NDERF study are corroborated by the investigation of Dr. Cherie Sutherland who reviewed thirty years of scholarly literature regarding the NDEs of children and concluded:
“It has often been supposed that the NDEs of very young children will have a content limited to their vocabulary. However, it is now clear that the age of children at the time of their NDE does not in any way determine its complexity. Even prelinguistic children have later reported quite complex experiences…. Age does not seem in any way to affect the content of the NDE.”
Very young children have near-death experience content that is strikingly similar to older children and adults. This is further evidence that NDEs are occurring independently of preexisting cultural beliefs, religious training, or awareness of the existence of NDE.

LUNG1954's photo
Fri 03/10/23 11:15 PM
Near-death experiences and life reviews
Some near-death experiences include a review of part or all of their prior lives. This NDE element is called a life review. NDErs typically describe their life review from a third-person perspective. The life review may include awareness of what others were feeling and thinking at the time earlier in their life when they interacted with them. This previously unknown awareness of what other people were feeling or thinking when they interacted with them is often surprising and unexpected to the NDErs. Here is an example of a life review: “
I went into a dark place with nothing around me, but I wasn’t scared. It was really peaceful there. I then began to see my whole life unfolding before me like a film projected on a screen, from babyhood to adult life. It was so real! I was looking at myself, but better than a 3-D movie as I was also capable of sensing the feelings of the persons I had interacted with through the years. I could feel the good and bad emotions I made them go through.”
In my review of 617 near-death experiences from NDERF, a life review occurred in 88 NDEs (14%). None of the life reviews in these NDEs appeared to have any unrealistic content as determined by my review or based on comments by the NDErs about their own life reviews. Life reviews may include long forgotten details of their earlier life that the NDErs later confirm really happened. If NDEs were unreal experiences, it would be expected that there would be significant error in life reviews and possibly hallucinatory features. The consistent accuracy of life reviews, including the awareness of long-forgotten events and awareness of the thoughts and feelings of others from past interactions, further suggests the reality of NDEs.

LUNG1954's photo
Tue 03/07/23 03:19 AM

God is real to me and how dare anybody say otherwise. Like it or not He’s always listening but I don’t expect Him to answer at least because at least I know He doesn’t like to be provoked. Like the old Sunday School song “I’ve got the joy joy joy down in my heart”. Enough said.

God listens to every human being, even if he is an infidel
Whoever asks God whether he is a believer or unbeliever God may answer his prayer. The unbelievers ask God for sustenance, so He provides for them, and when harm afflicts them in the sea, they call on God, but when He delivered them to the land, they turned away, ungrateful. God answers the supplication of the one in need and the supplication of the oppressed, even if he is an infidel. But not everyone whose supplication God answers means that God is loving him, or satisfied with his action. God spared Pharaoh's body after he believed while he was drowning in the sea.
When Prophet Musa and the believers went with him on their migration, Pharaoh and his soldiers followed him to kill them, and on the way of migration the sea intercepted them, so God honored His Prophet Musa and those with him by making the sea dry for them, so they crossed it. So Pharaoh and those with him followed them, but they drowned in the same sea.
‘’But as he (Pharaoh) was drowning he cried out: '(Now) I believe that there is no god except He in whom the Children of Israel believe. I am of those that surrender.’’ Quran.
God wanted the body of Pharaoh to appear on the beach, so that his people and those who worshiped him could see it, and that would be more informative in establishing a lesson for them. The Quran said: ‘’We shall deliver you Pharaoh (Ramsis II) with your body this day, so that you may be a sign to those after you. Indeed many people pay no heed to Our signs!”
It is believed that the body of Pharaoh is still preserved today in some Egyptian museums.

LUNG1954's photo
Mon 03/06/23 12:57 AM
God said; ‘And when the agony of death comes in truth (they will say): 'This is what you (man) have been trying to avoid! ' Each soul shall come with a driver, and a witness. (2 angels ). (It will be said): 'Of this you have been heedless. Therefore, we have now removed your covering. Today your sight is sharp.'
Commentators said:
Normal human vision works within a specific range of vision. For example, the eye does not see in the dark. Nor can see angels.
The verse says that at death, normal eyesight ceases to function, and stronger eyesight begins to work, perhaps for a few last seconds, when a person sees God’s creatures that are hidden from him, such as angels and others. This is because the soul lives according to certain laws of which we are not aware, after death.
Quran; ‘They question you about the spirit (soul). Say: 'The spirit is from the command of my Lord. Except for a little knowledge you have been given nothing.’

LUNG1954's photo
Sun 03/05/23 11:59 PM
Near-death experiences with vision in the blind and supernormal vision
There have been a few case reports of near-death experiences in the blind. The largest study of this was by Dr. Kenneth Ring. This Investigation included 31 blind or substantially visually impaired individuals who had NDEs or out-of-body experiences. Of the 31 individuals in the study, 10 were not facing life-threatening events at the time of their experiences, and thus their experiences were not NDEs. There were 14 individuals who were blind from birth in this study, and nine of them described vision during their experiences. This investigation presented case reports of those born totally blind that described in NDEs that were highly visual with content consistent with typical NDEs.
The NDERF website has received additional case reports of near-death experiences among those legally blind. For illustration, the following NDE happened to Marta, a five-year-old blind girl who walked into a lake:
“I slowly breathed in the water and became unconscious. A beautiful lady dressed in bright white light pulled me out. The lady looked into my eyes asked me what I wanted. I was unable to think of anything until it occurred to me to travel around the lake. As I did so, I saw detail that I would not have seen in “real” life. I could go anywhere, even to the tops of trees, simply by my intending to go there. I was legally blind. For the first time I was able to see leaves on trees, bird’s feathers, bird’s eyes, details on telephone poles and what was in people’s back yards. I was seeing far better than 20/20 vision.

LUNG1954's photo
Fri 03/03/23 11:00 PM
Two large retrospective studies investigated the accuracy of out-of-body observations during near-death experiences. The first was by Dr. Janice Holden. Dr. Holden reviewed NDEs with OBEs in all previously published scholarly articles and books, and found 89 case reports. Of the case reports reviewed, 92% were considered to be completely accurate with no inaccuracy whatsoever when the OBE observations were later investigated.
Another large retrospective investigation of near-death experiences that included out-of-body observations was recently published. This study was a review of 617 NDEs that were sequentially shared on the NDERF website. Of these NDEs, there were 287 NDEs that had OBEs with sufficient information to allow objective determination of the reality of their descriptions of their observations during the OBEs. Review of the 287 OBEs found that 280 (97.6%) of the OBE descriptions were entirely realistic and lacked any content that seemed unreal. In this group of 287 NDErs with OBEs, there were 65 (23%) who personally investigated the accuracy of their own OBE observations after recovering from their life-threatening event. Based on these later investigations, none of these 65 OBErs found any inaccuracy in their own OBE observations.