Community > Posts By > LUNG1954

LUNG1954's photo
Thu 12/15/22 12:55 AM
Alqaeda, ISIS and all other Jihadist organizations are belong to one political movement – Wahabbism (not sect) they use the face of Islam. Their actions of are in contradiction to Islamic teaching.
The Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey assist the Jihadist to begin war in Syria, Iraq, Libya and Yemen. It is not a war between Shi'a and Sunni.

America's Allies Are Funding ISIS
Three U.S. allies that have dual agendas in the war on terror.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/14/america-s-allies-are-funding-isis.html

French Prime Minister Manuel Valls said; "Today 2029
French citizens or residents are implicated in jihad networks." He said too" 609 people who are French nationals or have French resident's status are currently among fighters, including 283 women and 18 minors. Almost 170 have been killed while in Syria or Iraq and 300 have returned to France from those countries". "Almost 800 would today like to go to these wars zones, according to intelligence services," Valls said, adding that 1,000 people are being monitored closely.

http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCAKCN0WM0UU

Hillary Clinton: We created Al-Qaeda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqn0bm4E9yw

LUNG1954's photo
Sat 12/10/22 11:49 PM

The true God says of Himself, ' I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life.'
The false god of the quran says of himself, 'allah is the greatest of the deceivers.' (quran 8:30)

The Verse number is wrong. It is (Quran 3:54). The translation is wrong too. The Google translate it as: ‘And they plotted, and God plotted, and God is the best of planners .(54)’
The verse talks about the Prophet Jesus. God said: And they plotted, meaning the infidels of the children of Israel, from whom Jesus sensed disbelief, that is, they wanted to kill him, so that was the plot of the children of Israel. As for God’s deception: Casting the likeness of Jesus on others and raising Jesus to him, and that is because when the Jews gathered to kill Jesus, he entered the house fleeing from them, so Gabriel raised him from the window to the sky, and the king of the Jews said to a man among them whose name was Judah: Enter and kill Jesus, so he entered the peach, and he was not found Jesus there. God cast on Judas the likeness of Jesus, and when he came out, they saw him in the likeness of Jesus, and killed him and crucified him. Then they said: His face resembles the face of Jesus, and his body resembles the body of our friend. If this is our companion, then where is Jesus, and if this is Jesus, then where is our companion? Then a fight took place between them, so they killed each other. That is what the Almighty says: And they plotted, and God plotted.
The Quran said:
‘And when Jesus sensed their faithlessness, he said, ‘Who will be my helpers toward Allah?’ The Disciples said, ‘We will be helpers of Allah. We have faith in Allah, (52). Our Lord, we believe in what You have sent down, and we follow the apostle - Jesus , so write us among the witnesses.’ (53) Then they plotted [against Jesus], and Allah also devised, and Allah is the best of devisers. (54). When Allah said, ‘O Jesus, I shall take you[r soul], and I shall raise you up toward Myself, and I shall clear you of [the calumnies of] the faithless, and I shall set those who follow you above the faithless until the Day of Resurrection. Then to Me will be your return, whereat I will judge between you concerning that about which you used to differ. (55)’

LUNG1954's photo
Sat 12/10/22 12:40 AM

Islam is a counterfeit religion.

You have no evidences

LUNG1954's photo
Sat 12/10/22 12:36 AM
The Bible;
James 2:19 ESV / You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder!
Colossians 1:16 ESV / For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.
The Quran;
"Say (O Muhammad) He is God the One God, the Everlasting Refuge, who has not begotten, nor has been begotten, and equal to Him is not anyone."

LUNG1954's photo
Fri 12/09/22 12:51 AM
In monotheistic thought, God is the creator, and principal object of faith. God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, and omnibenevolent, as well as having an eternal existence.
God uses no preexisting material to create the universe. God's act of creation causes matter, space, time, and even the very laws which govern the universe to exist. Regardless of the scientific explanations of 'how' it came to be, God, in one divine action from all of eternity, creates and sustains all that exists.
God is more than person; God is superperson, superpersonality, supreme consciousness, and superintellect. God is a person and has these qualities without the human limitations. God is an intellect which is not limited or finite, not faulty or corrupted.
Human beings are biologically male and female, but not God, because the divine does not have a body. The application of masculine and feminine gender to the divine is simply metaphorical and grammatical. God is spirit who is both male and female and neither.

God doesn't have a measurable height like people do because he doesn't have a physical body, because the Bible teaches that God is spirit. God is omnipresent, meaning that he is everywhere.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church, Book 239, states that God is called "Father", while his love for man may also be depicted as motherhood. However, God ultimately transcends the human concept of sex, and "is neither man nor woman: He is God."
As The Catechism of the Catholic Church says: "God is neither man nor woman: He is God".

God becomes a subject of metaphysics because God is a being. Of all possible subjects of metaphysics 'God' supposits for the most perfect and thus is afforded the position of the first subject of metaphysics by the pri- macy of perfection.

In Western (Christian) thought, God is traditionally described as a being that possesses at least three necessary properties: omniscience (all-knowing), omnipotence (all-powerful), and omnibenevolence (supremely good).

In both Buddhism and Hindusim religions adhere to the same gods.
Hinduism is a religion with various Gods and Goddesses. Three Gods rule the world. Brahma: the creator; Vishnu: the preserver and Shiva: the destroyer. These gods were in many forms such as, human or animal and each has his own family. Hindus goal is to become free from the law of karma. Lord Vishnu did his job of preserving the world by incarnating himself in different forms at times of crisis.
These gods are acknowledged in Buddhism and viewed with a subordinate stance. Buddhism does not believe in a god (Buddha is not a god). Buddhists do not worship any gods or God.

LUNG1954's photo
Wed 12/07/22 01:05 AM

Who is behind atheism?
There are global institutions that sponsor atheism and atheists, for example ATHEIST ALLIANCE INTERNATIONAL, the Association of Atheists, the Richard Dawkins Foundation for the Support of Reason and Science, the International Union for Humanitarian and Ethical Direction, the International Association of Non-Religious and Atheists. Some of them give large financial aid to the organizer, amounting to 350 dollars per month in some poor countries.
Atheists explain their visions to philosophical reasons stemming from the scientific conclusion, and some of them reject the existence of God and consider it just a myth that people needed in the past as a result of their ignorance of the causes of natural phenomena. They believe that there is no evidence of God. Some atheists believe that the attribute of absolute justice of God conflicts with the existence of evil in the world. And the idea of Satan in religious texts.
God commanded people to believe
God created the human soul and taught it to distinguish between good and evil. Just as God sent His messengers to bring good tidings and warnings, and He did not take people by force, and God explained the good deeds and the bad ones, so every person who intended to do a good deed but did not do it, God writes it down for him as a complete good deed, and if he does it, God writes it down for him as ten good deeds, and whoever wants to do a bad deed and does not do it, God writes it down for him as a complete good deed. If he did it, God wrote it down for him as one bad deed.
All heavenly messages are consistent with Islam, in purpose and principles, and urge people to do good and avoid doing evil, but people have distorted the religion, so every prophet sent to the followers of the previous messages explained there is a similar distortion.
God said;
By the sun and its midmorning, by the soul and Who shaped it and inspired it with its sin and its piety, prosperous is he who purified it, and failed is he who buried it!

LUNG1954's photo
Tue 12/06/22 03:38 AM
America encourages atheism
Amira Acer, an Algerian writer, wrote the following:
The Joseph Biden administration is working to spread atheism in Muslim societies. Washington supports all immoral practices such as the right to abortion, an act that was rejected by the Federal Supreme Court and considered a crime punishable by American law. The American government aims to detach the conservative American people, for the most part, from their history, values, and Protestant religious beliefs that prohibit abortion.
It also works to secularize religious Islamic societies by spreading atheism, which means denying the existence of the Creator absolutely, and resorting instead to the human mind, which is limited in understanding natural and cosmic phenomena. Based on the ideas of Richard Dawking and his physical theories, or Darwin's theories of evolutionary natural selection, or the existential ideas of Jules Paul Sartre, or the secularist David Silverman, who served as president of the International Federation of Atheists and is known for his constant attack and ridicule of the beliefs and religious rituals of believers, especially Christians and Muslims. , which is considered one of the pillars of the American project to spread atheism in the Middle East, North Africa, Central and South Asia, a project that is sponsored and supervised by the US State Department, as mentioned in the report of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), where it indicated that the US State Department provides direct financial grants to encourage atheistic movements in Muslim-majority regions of Asia and the Middle East, where, according to the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor (PDL), funds are used to create and strengthen networks of advocates for diverse communities, atheists, and the unaffiliated from all religious denominations in target countries.
The United States of America, which claims to be the custodian of democracy, human rights, and cultural, linguistic, ethnic, religious, and ideological diversity, and that it respects the beliefs and beliefs of others, is violating the provisions and covenants of the US Constitution, which expressly stipulates freedom of belief and the illegality of the federal government’s interference in the beliefs and ideas of others unless they pose a threat. On American national security, Washington, through its support for atheism in the Islamic world and its provision of financial grants to organizations, bodies and associations that support the policy of atheism and work to spread it in their local communities, as it works to provide humanitarian asylum for all atheists in Muslim countries, on the condition that they commit to using the media And social media to spread and promote atheism from within the American lands, because the Biden administration, which failed to strike at the pillars of the Islamic religion by supporting the idea of the Abrahamic religion, which was one of the outputs of the normalization process with a number of Arab countries, is trying this time to eliminate the most important constants of the peoples of the region. By striking religion, which is considered the main driver of all resistance movements that had a prominent role in Afsh All Zionist, colonial and expansionist plans in the Middle East, by controlling the peoples of those countries and plundering their wealth.
The USA, which was forced to withdraw from Afghanistan under the blows of the Afghan resistance, and abandoned it in favor of the Taliban movement, is implementing a strategy developed in the nineties of the last century based on the ideas of Bernard Lewis, Henry Kissinger and Brzezinski. Their religion and beliefs, because all the countries of the Western system are well aware that the peoples of the Middle East region in particular, which are rich in enormous natural and underground wealth, and occupy an important geographical space from a geostrategic point of view, are religious people by instinct and adhere to their religious identity and their civilizational and cultural heritage, and they cannot control them. And subduing it completely, except by hitting the religious values in the region.

LUNG1954's photo
Thu 12/01/22 11:27 PM

There is no scientific evidence that there is no creator of the universe. There is strong evidence for the existence of God, the Creator of the universe and what is in it.
Some thinkers make use of church’s mistakes, so they attacked religion and rejected it altogether. They wrote books that convinced some people of their ideas. Many governments helped spread atheism and anti-religious books. For example: Lee Simon (Author) of ‘Organized Religion: The Greatest Scam of All Paperback – November 28, 2017’
This little book is for those who believe and for those who no longer believe. It is an argument against organized religion. It is written in easy to read, easy to understand English. It is, if I may say so, an eraser for the mind. This is not an academic treatment. It is thoughts of the author, who has been thinking about these things for over 50 years. If nothing else this book will challenge your thinking if you are a believer; it will support your thinking if you are not.
Black Hero (Author) wrote ‘Religion: A Blessing Or A Scam? Paperback – Large Print, October 31, 2020.

LUNG1954's photo
Thu 12/01/22 12:29 AM
God said in the Quran:
When the Event (the resurrection) comes, there is no denying its coming. You shall be divided into three parties. Companions of the Right, Companions of the Left, And the Outstrippers, those are they brought near (to their Lord) in the Gardens of Delight, a host of the ancients but only a few from the later generations. a recompense for all that they did.
The Companions of the Right (will be) among thornless trees, continuous shade, flowing water, an abundance of fruits, and chaste, loving companions of the same age for the Companions of the Right a multitude of the ancients, and a multitude of the later people.
As for the Companions of the Left (they shall live) amid burning winds and boiling water, in the shadow of a smoking blaze, neither cool nor good. Before they lived at ease, and persisted in the great sin and constantly said: 'What, when we are dead and become dust and bones, shall we then be restored to life? What, and our fathers, the ancients? '
Say [Muhammed]: 'Those of ancient times and those of later times shall be gathered together to the appointed time on a known Day. '
Then you went astray, you that belied, you shall eat (the fruit) of the Tree of Zakkum [in the Hell]. You shall fill your bellies with it, and drink boiling water on top of that, and you will drink as the lapping of thirsty camels.
Such shall be your hospitality on the Day of Recompense.
We created you, why will you not believe!
Have you thought about what (sperm) you ejaculate?
Did you create it, or are We the Creator?
It was We who decreed death among you. We will not be surpassed that We will change you and cause you to grow again in a way you do not know.
You have surely known of the first creation. Why then, will you not remember!
Have you thought about the water you drink?
Is it you that send it down from the clouds or We?
If We will, We would make it bitter, why then do you not give thanks?
I swear by the fallings of the stars and that is a mighty oath, if you but knew it is indeed a Glorious Koran, in a Book protected (from tampering)
a sending down from the Lord of all the Worlds.
What, do you hold this discourse in disdain, do you make it your provision to belie it?
Why, then, when the soul leaps up to the throat of the dying and you are watching at that time We are nearer to him than you, but you do not see, why then, if you are not revived, do you not restore his soul, if you are truthful?
If he is among the near, there shall be calmness and ease, a Garden of Delight.
If he is a Companion of the Right, (he will be greeted with): 'Peace be upon you, Companion of the Right! '
But, if he is of those who belied, and went astray, there shall be a hospitality of boiling water, and a roasting in Hell.
Indeed, this is the certain truth.

LUNG1954's photo
Tue 11/29/22 12:13 AM
Similarly, renowned sci-fi author John C. Wright distinctly recalls a prayer he said as an adamant atheist:
“I prayed. ‘Dear God, I know… that you do not exist. Nonetheless, as a scholar, I am forced to entertain the hypothetical possibility that I am mistaken. So just in case I am mistaken, please reveal yourself to me in some fashion that will prove your case. If you do not answer, I can safely assume that either you do not care whether I believe in you, or that you have no power to produce evidence to persuade me…If you do not exist, this prayer is merely words in the air, and I lose nothing but a bit of my dignity. Thanking you in advance for your kind cooperation in this matter, John Wright.’”
Wright soon received the answer (and effect) he did not expect:
“Something from beyond the reach of time and space, more fundamental than reality, reached across the universe and broke into my soul and changed me…I was altered down to the root of my being…It was like falling in love.”
Wright was welcomed into the Catholic Church at Easter in 2008

LUNG1954's photo
Sat 11/26/22 11:37 PM
One former atheist who was profoundly affected by prayer and the Scriptures is author Devin Rose. On his blog, he describes the role that God’s Word played in his gradual conversion process from atheism to Christianity:
“I began praying, saying, “God, you know I do not believe in you, but I am in trouble and need help. If you are real, help me.” I started reading the Bible to learn about what Christianity said…”
Once Rose began to read the Scriptures and talk to God, even as a skeptic, he found himself overwhelmed by something very real:
“Still, I persevered. I kept reading the Bible, asking my roommate questions about what I was reading, and praying. Then, slowly, and amazingly, my faith grew and it eventually threatened to whelm my many doubts and unbelief.”

LUNG1954's photo
Fri 11/25/22 01:36 AM
G.K. Chesterton and George MacDonald were two of the most influential writers to effect Lewis’ conversion. He writes in his autobiography, Surprised By Joy:
“In reading Chesterton, as in reading MacDonald, I did not know what I was letting myself in for… A young man who wishes to remain a sound Atheist cannot be too careful of his reading.”
Author Dale Ahlquist writes matter-of-factly that “C.S. Lewis was an atheist until he read Chesterton’s book, The Everlasting Man, but he wasn’t afterwards…”
Ironically, it was C.S. Lewis’ influential defenses of Christianity that would eventually prompt countless conversions to Christianity—and his influence continues today unhindered. Among the Lewis-led converts from atheism is former feminist and professor of philosophy, Lorraine Murray, who recalls:
“In college I turned my back on Catholicism, my childhood faith, and became a radical, gender-bending feminist and a passionate atheist …. Reading Lewis, I found something that I must have been quietly hungering for all along, which was a reasoned approach to my childhood beliefs, which had centered almost entirely on emotion. As I turned the pages of this book, I could no longer ignore the Truth, nor turn my back on the Way and the Life. Little by little, and inch by inch, I found my way back to Jesus Christ and returned to the Catholic Church.”

LUNG1954's photo
Thu 11/24/22 01:01 AM
Dr. Holly Ordway, author of Not God’s Type: An Atheist Academic Lays Down Her Arms, describes the consequences of reading great, intelligent Christian writers:
“I found that my favorite authors were men and women of deep Christian faith. C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien above all; and then the poets: Gerard Manley Hopkins, George Herbert, John Donne, and others. Their work was unsettling to my atheist convictions…”
Dr. Ordway mentions the eminent 20th century Oxford thinker, C.S. Lewis. Lewis is a prime example of a reasonable but unbelieving thinker who was willing to read from all angles and perspectives. As a result of his open inquiry, he became a believer in Christ and one of modern Christianity’s greatest apologists.

LUNG1954's photo
Wed 11/23/22 01:13 AM
Reasonable atheists eventually become theists because they are reasonable; and furthermore, because they are honest. They are willing to follow the evidence wherever it leads; and in many cases the evidence comes to the atheist most coherently and well-presented through the writings of believers in God.
Author Karen Edmisten admits on her blog:
“I once thought I’d be a lifelong atheist. Then I became desperately unhappy, read up on philosophy and various religions (while assiduously avoiding Christianity), and waited for something to make sense. I was initially appalled when Christianity began to look like the sensible thing, surprised when I wanted to be baptized, and stunned that I ended up a Catholic.”

LUNG1954's photo
Tue 11/22/22 11:10 PM

Religion is only alive today still because of the way the brain is wired at birth:

There is Zero evidence for a GOD just man-made stories that are cherry-picked in an irrational manner of so-called circular reasoning to avoid providing evidence for the delusions.

Scott,
Please read the Topic: Evidence for the existence of God.

LUNG1954's photo
Mon 11/21/22 12:01 AM
God said; ‘Therefore, turn away [Muhammed] from them. On the Day when the Caller summons them to a terrible thing, their eyes will be humbled as they come out from their graves as if they were scattered locusts, running (with their necks extended) to the Caller. The unbelievers will say: 'This is indeed a harsh Day! ' (Long) before them the nation of Noah belied. They belied Our worshiper saying: 'Mad!' and he was reprimanded. Then he supplicated to his Lord, (saying): 'I am overcome, help me! ' We opened the Gates of Heaven with torrential water, and caused the earth to gush with springs, so that the waters met for a predestined matter. We carried him in a well built, watertight vessel made from planks (of wood), that ran on under Our Eyes, a recompense for him because he had been disbelieved. We have left it as a sign. Is there any that will remember? How then were My punishment and My warnings!’

LUNG1954's photo
Sun 11/20/22 03:05 AM

Truth hahahah how can their be truth when humans are greedy ... all religions are man made to seperate us more ...

Some writers said that: Greed is one of the most common features of human nature.
To deal with the anxiety of knowing they will die, Niebuhr says, human beings are tempted to – and often do – grasp at whatever means of security seem within their reach, such as knowledge, material goods or prestige. In other words, people seek certainty in things that are inherently uncertain.
Leviathan, Hobbes argues that people are inherently wicked and selfish, and he puts forth his ideas for the social contract and laws required by a society of evil creatures.
Jean-Jacques Rousseau countered that human nature is essentially good, and that we could have lived peaceful and happy lives well before the development of anything like the modern state.

Yes, there are man-made religions. Gautama Buddha founded Buddhism, Confucius founded Confucianism, Pythagoras founded Pythagoreanism and Mozi founded Mohism.
But there are monotheistic religions, including Judaism, Christianity and Islam. There is strong evidence that God has sent prophets to deliver heavenly instructions that guide people to live in peace and dignity.
James tells us that true religion is a devotion to God, demonstrated by love and compassion for fellowmen, coupled with unworldliness. Such a statement seems too simple to be sufficient, but in its simplicity it speaks an important truth.
There is no evidence proves that all religions are man-made.
Human’s brain couldn’t find evidence for anything supernatural, including spirits and God, so writers claim that humans trying to make sense of how the world worked before scientific inquiry was developed.

Islam teaches that human beings are born in a state of purity, as well as with a natural moral sense that enables one to differentiate between what is good and what is not.
God has honored man and made him a successor on earth, and he is responsible for its reconstruction. God gave him the knowledge and the ability to learn, and to distinguish between right and wrong.
The Lord said: ‘the soul and Who [God] shaped it and inspired it with its sin and its piety, prosperous is he who purified it, and failed is he who buried it.’
Some persons are not good and hasty. A mong the haste is to give precedence to the world and prefer it to the Hereafter.
The Bible says;
‘What is the source of quarrels and conflicts among you? Is not the source your pleasures that wage war in your members?’

‘Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.’

‘No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.’

‘Now Bezalel and Oholiab, and every skillful person in whom the Lord has put skill and understanding to know how to perform all the work in the construction of the sanctuary, shall perform in accordance with all that the Lord has commanded.’

LUNG1954's photo
Fri 11/18/22 12:11 AM
Einstein's theories of relativity faced fierce opposition. One critic claimed he was attempting to subvert the scientific method.
Who criticized Albert Einstein?
One of them was Charles Lane Poor, an esteemed astronomer and professor of celestial mechanics at Columbia University and large scholars outside academia such as Patschke who claimed, in numerous pamphlets published during the 1920s, to have refuted Einstein's theory of relativity. Their accounts were situated in the context of worldviews such as monism, the naturalist-inspired Lebensreform movement, and occultism.

J. Edgar Hoover, the first director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, promoted a letter from the Woman Patriot Corporation accusing Einstein of left-wing radicalism and imploring the government to bar him from entry to the United States. Hoover accused Einstein of being pro-Soviet.

Edgar Hoover was deeply suspicious of Einstein's activism; the man was quite possibly a communist, according to Hoover, and was certainly “an extreme radical.” Einstein himself probably would have laughed out loud at those labels if he'd known about them; he'd heard far worse from the Nazis back home.

LUNG1954's photo
Wed 11/16/22 11:02 PM

That would be a great idea Valkyrie but sometimes pride gets in the way. If we could put that aside then we’d truly live in harmony.

Julie and Valkyrie
Yes, that would be a great idea but Politicians were able to find political movements that adopted deviant religious concepts that led to rivalries and suicide killings because they strayed from true religious concepts.
God said; ‘O you who have believed, do not consume one another's wealth unjustly but only [in lawful] business by mutual consent. And do not kill yourselves [or one another]. Indeed, Allah – God – is to you ever Merciful.
And whoever does that in aggression and injustice - then We will drive him into a Fire. And that, for Allah is [always] easy.

LUNG1954's photo
Wed 11/16/22 01:52 AM

The nature of man is that he believes what he touches with his senses directly. Therefore, it is difficult for him to believe some unseen phenomena. That is why people did not believe the Prophets easily, and some believed after seeing the miracles that the Prophet showed, yet some were stubborn and accused the Prophet of lying and witchcraft.
It happened with philosophers and scientists too. For example, the Greek philosopher Eratosthenes was an influential figure in many fields. In 250 BC, he proved that the Earth is spherical. Nevertheless, his critics despised him.
In the Catholic world, the majority of the educated community believed in Aristotle's view that the Earth is the center of the universe, and that all celestial bodies revolve around the Earth. The geocentric theory agreed with the literal interpretation of the sacred texts in a number of places, so the religious authority supported this theory.
Nicolaus Copernicus was a Polish monk, philosopher, astronomer and physician, one of the greatest scientists of his time, and the first to formulate the heliocentric theory in 1543 and the formation of the Earth as a body in its orbit.
In 1610, Galileo adopted the heliocentric theory. But the Catholic Church opposed him, telling Galileo to stop believing, teaching or defending these ideas. But he continued to advocate heliocentrism, and gained wide popularity.
During this controversy, Galileo learned from his friend, the painter Ludovico Cardi, that a group of malicious adversaries were planning to make up problems about the motion of the Earth, or anything else that might disturb Galileo. One of the group asked a Christian priest to publicly deny Galileo's ideas from the pulpit, but the priest refused. However, another priest, Tommaso Caccini, did so some three years later.
The Roman Catholic Inquisition tried Galileo in 1633 and sentenced him to prison until he died in 1642.