Community > Posts By > mrld_ii

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 12/10/14 12:42 PM

Go to any hospital and tell them you want a CT scan for your sore throat! You aint gettin one! They are very expensive and the regular public will not even come close to getting that level of treatment in any hospital unless your rich or the president! Nomatter what insurance you have

Pretty sure the attending physician ordered it.

Probably because he's the President of the United States' attending physician, and all.

Probably standard motus operandi for the attending physicians of all the previous leaders of 'The Greatest Nation', "whether we like it or not".

I'll bet it's even standard motus operandi for leaders of 'The Less-Than-Greatest Nations' of the world, like Putin and Jong-un, "whether we like it or not".

whoa

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 12/10/14 09:11 AM
Edited by mrld_ii on Wed 12/10/14 09:12 AM

Hope he has health insurance

Yes, he does. While he DID sign up for Obamacare as a symbolic gesture, he - as are ALL Presidents - is covered, already. The Affordable Care Act ensures previously UNinsured people have coverage.

"...President Barack Obama symbolically enrolled in a new health insurance exchange created by the Affordable Care Act over the weekend...

...But Obama'��s move is only symbolic, because as president he receives coverage from military physicians of the White House Medical Unit..."

http://swampland.time.com/2013/12/23/obama-to-enroll-in-obamacare-exchange-today-adviser-says/

You're welcome. drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 12/10/14 09:01 AM
@ leigh:

WOW. The hotlink isn't working...hmmmm.

It works if you cut-and-paste it, though. It's short, sweet, and succinct which is why I like it:

"1. Naturalist Intelligence (“Nature Smart”)

Designates the human ability to discriminate among living things (plants, animals) as well as sensitivity to other features of the natural world (clouds, rock configurations). This ability was clearly of value in our evolutionary past as hunters, gatherers, and farmers; it continues to be central in such roles as botanist or chef. It is also speculated that much of our consumer society exploits the naturalist intelligences, which can be mobilized in the discrimination among cars, sneakers, kinds of makeup, and the like.

2. Musical Intelligence (“Musical Smart”)

Musical intelligence is the capacity to discern pitch, rhythm, timbre, and tone. This intelligence enables us to recognize, create, reproduce, and reflect on music, as demonstrated by composers, conductors, musicians, vocalist, and sensitive listeners. Interestingly, there is often an affective connection between music and the emotions; and mathematical and musical intelligences may share common thinking processes. Young adults with this kind of intelligence are usually singing or drumming to themselves. They are usually quite aware of sounds others may miss.

3. Logical-Mathematical Intelligence (Number/Reasoning Smart)

Logical-mathematical intelligence is the ability to calculate, quantify, consider propositions and hypotheses, and carry out complete mathematical operations. It enables us to perceive relationships and connections and to use abstract, symbolic thought; sequential reasoning skills; and inductive and deductive thinking patterns. Logical intelligence is usually well developed in mathematicians, scientists, and detectives. Young adults with lots of logical intelligence are interested in patterns, categories, and relationships. They are drawn to arithmetic problems, strategy games and experiments.

4. Existential Intelligence

Sensitivity and capacity to tackle deep questions about human existence, such as the meaning of life, why do we die, and how did we get here.

5. Interpersonal Intelligence (People Smart”)

Interpersonal intelligence is the ability to understand and interact effectively with others. It involves effective verbal and nonverbal communication, the ability to note distinctions among others, sensitivity to the moods and temperaments of others, and the ability to entertain multiple perspectives. Teachers, social workers, actors, and politicians all exhibit interpersonal intelligence. Young adults with this kind of intelligence are leaders among their peers, are good at communicating, and seem to understand others’ feelings and motives.

6. Bodily-Kinesthetic Intelligence (“Body Smart”)

Bodily kinesthetic intelligence is the capacity to manipulate objects and use a variety of physical skills. This intelligence also involves a sense of timing and the perfection of skills through mind–body union. Athletes, dancers, surgeons, and craftspeople exhibit well-developed bodily kinesthetic intelligence.

7. Linguistic Intelligence (Word Smart)

Linguistic intelligence is the ability to think in words and to use language to express and appreciate complex meanings. Linguistic intelligence allows us to understand the order and meaning of words and to apply meta-linguistic skills to reflect on our use of language. Linguistic intelligence is the most widely shared human competence and is evident in poets, novelists, journalists, and effective public speakers. Young adults with this kind of intelligence enjoy writing, reading, telling stories or doing crossword puzzles.

8. Intra-personal Intelligence (Self Smart”)

Intra-personal intelligence is the capacity to understand oneself and one’s thoughts and feelings, and to use such knowledge in planning and directioning one’s life. Intra-personal intelligence involves not only an appreciation of the self, but also of the human condition. It is evident in psychologist, spiritual leaders, and philosophers. These young adults may be shy. They are very aware of their own feelings and are self-motivated.

9. Spatial Intelligence (“Picture Smart”)

Spatial intelligence is the ability to think in three dimensions. Core capacities include mental imagery, spatial reasoning, image manipulation, graphic and artistic skills, and an active imagination. Sailors, pilots, sculptors, painters, and architects all exhibit spatial intelligence. Young adults with this kind of intelligence may be fascinated with mazes or jigsaw puzzles, or spend free time drawing or daydreaming."

Fascinating stuff!

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 12/10/14 07:51 AM
Science is actually moving away from the acceptance of standardized "IQ" testing and is recognizing that there are as many as nine types of intelligence; the concept is called the "Multiple Intelligences Theory" and there's tons of academic content about it.

This is the best summary I've found about it:

http://skyview.vansd.org/lschmidt/Projects/The%20Nine%20Types%20of%20Intelligence.htm

Here's a quick test for one to determine their type of intelligence:

http://psychology.about.com/library/quiz/bl-mi-quiz.htm

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 12/10/14 07:32 AM

Horny. That's my "reason to have sex".

Soooooo, OP...your place or mine?

Blew that *theory* alltohell.

/thread

mrld_ii's photo
Wed 12/10/14 07:20 AM
Neither.

If it TRULY is that we MUST choose on or the other, I'll happily remain 'alone' and refrain from settling.

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Tue 12/09/14 08:40 PM

...OK, I get it. The Dems are pi$$ed because they lost so badly in the midterms......

"...The report was compiled between 2009 and 2013...".

Neat fortune-telling skills those "pissed-off Dems of the 2014 midterms" have.

http://www.ibtimes.com/senate-torture-report-full-summary-intelligence-committee-investigation-1745310

Factually-speaking, of course.

So tell me oh great one...... why?

You, too, could be an "oh great one" or, at the very least, 'a more learned one' if you'd bother to read to article which was hotlinked for you, so all you had to do was flick your wrist in its general direction.

Another snippet from it:

"...a separate minority report will be released by the Republicans on the committee..."

According to your *logic*, the Republicans are waiting to have more balls on their side of the court before releasing their findings.

mrld_ii's photo
Tue 12/09/14 05:04 PM

...OK, I get it. The Dems are pi$$ed because they lost so badly in the midterms......

"...The report was compiled between 2009 and 2013...".

Neat fortune-telling skills those "pissed-off Dems of the 2014 midterms" have.

http://www.ibtimes.com/senate-torture-report-full-summary-intelligence-committee-investigation-1745310

Factually-speaking, of course.

mrld_ii's photo
Tue 12/09/14 03:22 PM
Hmmm...I require food, too...preferably Lobster Dinners in Fine Dining Establishments. You're easily pleased.

Best of luck to you finding the only thing you need. drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Tue 12/09/14 12:44 PM

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Mon 12/08/14 03:11 PM
Congratulations, OP!!! Are you the brand-new proud daddy of a boy or a girl?

P.S. Don't forget to update your profile to say "Yes" in the "Have Children?" section! :thumbsup:

mrld_ii's photo
Mon 12/08/14 12:29 PM

Wait.
One.
Damned.
Minute.
Here.

You're advocating "separate but equal", OP?!? surprised

Agreed because the cops ain't killing off white kids. A white kid go nuts in a denver movie house an kill an shoot up to 50 humans. Hes taken in alive fact.
A 12yr black kid playing on a playground an not pointing his play gun at anyone. Hes shot dead an some white people saying add more white cops.

Nahhhh..."separate but equal" was determined to be unconstitutional by the SCOTUS, decades ago.

Ergo, what you're suggesting is illegal. You're fighting against doing illegal acts,

'member?

mrld_ii's photo
Mon 12/08/14 11:32 AM
Hai!!! waving

If your perfect match is a woman who will love you for your Ferrari, the only thing you've posted a picture of ON your profile, you're doing it right!!!

Hope your perfect match finds you! drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Mon 12/08/14 11:20 AM
Wait.
One.
Damned.
Minute.
Here.

You're advocating "separate but equal", OP?!? surprised

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 12/07/14 04:15 PM
"Being single" and "being available [to you]" are two completely different things, OP.

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 12/07/14 11:35 AM
I'm an organ donor, despite urban legends, urban myths, and old-wives tales.

Hell, even if they WERE true, it's not like I'm gonna be needing 'em once I'm dead, anyway.

Now, harvesting human organs from me while I'm healthy and alive and placed in a bathtub filled with ice in Tijuana? Nahhhh...I'm not a fan of that.

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 12/07/14 07:13 AM

...So, tell what do you like about your job and why you chose it! Was it your 1st or 2nd choice....

I love my career, which I 'fell into' 30 years ago. I fell in love with it about 2 months in when I discovered people will pay me good money simply to be a *biaotch*,

something I would gladly do for free. biggrin

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 12/07/14 06:57 AM
Personally, I hope the kids today are able to look back fondly at teammates who worked together to achieve a common goal and a common good without being limited to role-playing based strictly on their fate at birth as to whether they got a womb or a prostate gland.

But, then again, I hope for world peace, too.

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Sat 12/06/14 09:38 PM

and that's my point exactly...
who is responsible for what..

.. in my past relationship.. the lines became blurred... whose responsibility is it to make sure..
meals are being prepared...
the garbage is being taken out....
. our mothers and fathers headed it laid out for them...
the woman took care of the house..
the man took care of the outside and the mechanical stuff...

.. today in our generation...
and the generations to follow...
those lines are becoming blurred....
.. but women still expect men to do mechanical...
and men still expect women to do household......

Both interested parties TO the relationship are equally interested in the success OF the relationship and do whatever *tasks* are necessary TO ensure its success.

"Expectations" of role-playing, based strictly on who has a womb and who doesn't?!?

THE sure-fire, guaranteed way to ruin ALL chances of success in a relationship. Perhaps that's what SOME of you men ARE going for: a self-fulfilling prophecy that ALL relationships will fail, so you can be single, once again.

mrld_ii's photo
Sat 12/06/14 09:35 PM

He was generalizing his statement, I only wanted to post a fact that even if one stay's at home does not mean they will do what is required to care for their family.

Thank you for correcting your original post and not including all in a gender war that we see many different points of success and faults with.

OP wasn't generalizing anything; he appointed himself Speaker of the House of Men.

YOU were "generalizing" when you took ONE, PERSONAL example of ONE woman you've personally known OF (NOT lived with) and drew the conclusion that's what 'stay-at-home Mom-dom' is all about.

You're welcome...I'll take thanks on THIS site anywhere I can get it, whether deserved or not, even though I didn't "correct" ANYthing within my initial or subsequent posts; there wasn't anything that required "correcting".

Perhaps you meant to thank me for taking the time to clarify something for you that you were not understanding.

For that, you're also welcome. drinks

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25