Community > Posts By > Shadylady131

no photo
Sat 03/28/09 02:53 PM
Come on...everyone should know, there's a right way, and a wrong way to deliver a msg.....

I'm wise enough to realize if I"m having a discussion, or being ridiculed, or being told the truth with tact.....

If someone doesn't get the picture, thats their fault.....If they know you any at all...........spock

no photo
Sat 03/28/09 02:17 PM
Edited by Shadylady131 on Sat 03/28/09 02:22 PM
Well, it can happen...............flowerforyou

Take for instance, a long relationship that has ended, but you're heart just wasn't sure its over....having nothing to do with them for a very long time..

Meanwhile, you have met someone, quite different from you're past love, and you love them also......and theres NO possibility of the 1st relationship ever working....?

Reality, is much different from the heart....flowerforyou

And after many years, the 2nd, is no different....frustrated

no photo
Sat 03/28/09 01:30 PM
Is it just me???.....

I feel as if i'm interupting on a moment....biggrin

no photo
Sat 03/28/09 01:27 PM

How something is said is as important as what is being said. It is possible to tell the truth in a fashion that is not rude or demeaning to the other person.

Yea, what HE said.....You can be honest, and mean.

Or you can be honest, and compassionate..flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 03/28/09 01:15 PM

There are reasons for not allowing such words on this site.

For one, not everyone is as open to profanity, and we may chase off members with such speak. We are not in the business of offending others.

Also, the majority of our users are parents, I would think...and they would like to be able to go on the site with their kids present. It's one thing if you go into the "Sex and Dating" forum, because you expect dirty talk, but we need to keep the rest of the site family-friendly.

A clear set of rules makes it easier for the Administration to keep this a happy and user-friendly site. There are plenty of places out there where one can be as crass as they choose.

I 2nd that emotion....:thumbsup:

no photo
Sat 03/28/09 01:12 PM
Be honest, Not hurtful....flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 03/28/09 12:56 PM

Do you ever feel you put way to much faith in others and don't except the truth?

Don't quite understand the correlation?

I have faith in people, but I can also accept the truth! drinker

no photo
Sat 03/28/09 12:37 PM

huh

Sorry to dissapoint you in my posting.....

I was just thinking out loud....smile2

no photo
Sat 03/28/09 12:22 PM

I'm done! I've had as much as I can take and I'm not taking anymore! frustrated

I'm sorry.....What are you done with?.....flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 03/28/09 12:21 PM

They come and they go if they are not suitable then let go

Plenty of fish (No pun intended) where they came from

Thats very true...thus, thats my story, and I'm sticking to it....

biggrin

no photo
Sat 03/28/09 12:08 PM

where are yall getting some of these smileys

When you reply to a topic, theres a "Add Smiley" button to you're left...click, wah-la....flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 03/28/09 11:53 AM

Just let the bad ones go.......flowerforyou

Yep have..flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 03/28/09 11:32 AM
I dunno, maybe its just me?

I'm not a young lady, however I am a lady of thoughts and feelings.

A relationship killer to me, is another party involved.
I have never been able to get past that, and carry on as usual. noway

It has a physical effect on me, as well as mentally.
It just is not possible for me, after the fact.

And, they want to know why?????

I'm well aware that none of us are born yesterday, and its after the "meeting" of people, that is important from that point on.

I have relayed this "opinion" to several in my life.......

Not that they don't matter in my life, but, I can't change who I am........

Just whats on my mind at the moment....flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 03/28/09 11:07 AM

What is it that makes you a true smartazz?

Experience....:laughing:

no photo
Sat 03/28/09 11:05 AM

What is a fugazy anyhow? You are going to make me google aren't you?

you'd be still finding an "internet person" not the real one. :wink:

OMG....I know them....!!!! :laughing:

no photo
Sat 03/28/09 10:59 AM

Im thinking after 19 years it is not going to change.

I've got to say, none of mine have lasted that long...
I would think, that after that long, you've probably handled a lot of issute...Try finding that spark, that brought you together first, ya never know, it just may need to be "rekindled".....:angel:

no photo
Sat 03/28/09 10:46 AM

flowerforyou I write those kinds of emails occasionallyflowerforyou It makes me feel good letting someone know that they have touched me in some way so that they know they made a diffrenceflowerforyou I also receive very nice emails as wellflowerforyou so many nice positive people are on hereflowerforyou

Some of the people I admire most on here would not be seen as "positive" people. Maybe I'm more of a realist with a touch of fairy tale thrown in, but I prefer to hear their opinion, without censorship. (I'm just rambling here, sorry).

When someone takes the time to send a random note, letting you know they appreciate something you have wrote down, I think that is shows true character, no matter what their personality is.

Both of those "types" of people make excellent friends.

True, I have had a few random...think I'll send out some.....:banana:

no photo
Sat 03/28/09 10:42 AM

Do you think maybe it is time to quit looking for that one that fits ones preference and instead just focus on ourselves instead? At least after over 17 years of being single I'm starting to believe that just maybe it would be better to focus on ourselves instead of what may not be out there after all.whoa

:banana: Yepper.....biggrin

no photo
Sat 03/28/09 10:21 AM

Being unique is not as much of a sought-after thing as most people claim.

Trust me on this.

From another angle:

The site I use for the profiles on the "One Glorious Profile" thread -- probably 85% of those profiles say something like "I am not like anyone you have ever met!" and then go on to write the exact same five sentences you'll find in each of the next 5682 profiles.

Either they have never read another dating site profile (which is entirely possible, given the average literacy level), or they simply have no idea what the words mean.

I have come to the conclusion that people who try too hard in their profiles to convince you that they are unique or sexy or "intelegent" probably aren't.

It takes more than someone saying "I am ______" for me to believe it. Prove it. The profile gives them a decent shot at it -- most of them fail to take advantage of the opportunity.

Humm...to each their own.....and as for..........................

Either they have never read another dating site profile (which is entirely possible, given the average literacy level), or they simply have no idea what the words mean.

I can say, for me, thats pretty presumptions..

I'm not here much, or anywhere else, but work. I don't have much time to surf, and read profiles.

I have been informed, that I should add more to my profile, and I thanked them for they're imput. I guess if it really made a difference in the whole "scheme" of things??????????biggrin

Its a nice place to visit though....biggrin

no photo
Sat 03/28/09 10:05 AM
Oh my, thats such sad news...

Sending blessings you're way...flowers

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 23 24