Community > Posts By > shijinchan

shijinchan's photo
Sun 08/03/14 05:12 AM

I'm looking for an answer, or at least some formulas or calculation to try. I've no concept of math really but found the question too intriguing, so I asked here, which I hoped would garner some help to get to the answer, rather than just give me a whole bunch more questions.

try google.....every answer to every question.....all in 0.43 seconds

Really?! Because I never once thought of that (sarcasm by the way, it can be beautiful). Yeah, I tried that already which is why I moseyed onto a forum here where I thought I might get an answer, seeing as how it had to do with science and all. But okay, apparently, to you, I'm too stupid to even figure out how to work a computer properly. Silly me.

shijinchan's photo
Sun 08/03/14 05:07 AM
You are correct, you did not ask a question. However, your answer only posed more questions, it did not answer any of them, which is why I said you only added more questions. It's simple critical thinking. For the comment below about Google, I did try this particular avenue and it did not solve the issue either. Now, in regard to my English speaking and writing skills, as well as my reading comprehension/critical thinking skills, they all work quite well. Also, the words written here along with my explanations stand on their own merit. I cannot help it if you are offended by them.

shijinchan's photo
Sat 08/02/14 08:07 PM

Well, I'm all out of options at this point, so this is just some kind of crazy ride right now. Thanks for the welcome!
out of options?

no no no.

peaks and valleys.
ebb and flow.

Woo-saah, breath, and repeat, very zen-like. I like it. Unfortunately, there are only concentric valleys in my life that go ever downward, it seems. I had a peak once, when I was 23. Lasted two years. It was nice. Then the valleys started up again with their pesky pull. Translation: I'm a pessimist. And life becomes less disappointing as a result.
then in 12 more years its all peak again baby! wooohhhoooooooo! make it last this time! lucky you have 12 yrs to prepare.

laugh laugh

shijinchan's photo
Sat 08/02/14 05:51 PM
Edited by shijinchan on Sat 08/02/14 05:56 PM

according to this,, which is generally what I learned the 'theory' off evolution to be,,,,

According to evolutionary theory, life began billions of years ago, when a group of chemicals inadvertently organized themselves into a self-replicating molecule. This tiny molecule gave rise to everything that has ever lived on the planet. Different and more complex organisms grew from this simple beginning through mutation of DNA and natural selection.

http://curiosity.discovery.com/question/what-is-theory-of-evolution

I believe an intelligent design more likely than a particle that turned into everything else on earth.

my issue is why people harp on the 'intelligence' of others based upon how they believe it to have started when no one can or will ever truly KNOW,,

one thing, turning into EVERY OTHER LIVING THING<, may be believable to some, and that's their prerogative, its a pretty ASTOUNDING 'possibility' that doesn't explain where the 'particle' camne from

an intelligence CREATING the things of the earth may be believable to others, and that's their prerogative, its also a pretty ASTOUNDING possibility that doesn't explain where the intelligent being came from

,,these different sets of beliefs about where it STARTED are both largely based in faith,,,,,imho

the former belief set has the FAITH that the way things run is the way they had to always run and can not possibly run any way but that which we have come to understand

the latter belief set has a FAITH that the way things run is not something that we can completely dissect and understand and are not necessarily the mandate of how things have ALWAYS run,,,for one designing the properties themselves can change their workings,, and confuse our understandings

The problem you and many others have with the above analysis is that you really do not understand the field of science. You place faith and science on an equal level.

Faith and science don't have anything to do with each other and science is not based on faith ... just the opposite. It is based on provable fact. When you make statements such as "its a pretty ASTOUNDING 'possibility' that doesn't explain where the 'particle' camne from" just shows a complete ignorance of the science.

Evolution is one of the most well documented and provable science topics. The very beginning of life on Earth probably has more different theories and any other aspect of it. Life here could have started on Mars, other star systems, or even other planets in our Solar System since we have found that some life forms, such as bacteria, can travel in space on rocks and still be viable.

Life could have started under the sea at "black smokers" which actually give a better energy support system than warm primordial oceans.

In any case, the trip from small creatures to big complicated ones is well documented and does not allow for much misunderstanding.

If faith is required, why not just believe that God started the process and it works the way He intended?

I think it was clear what my belief is based on, I don't believe it has been PROVEN That everything 'evolved' from one particle,,,I believe it has been PROVEN that some things can evolve into different forms,,,

like I said, takes FAITH to take it to the extreme that EVERYTHING , therefore, just 'evolved' out of one particle,,,,

Hello, and first let me say I'm only catching the tale end of a lot of your comments here, so you may have already explained this before. However, I'm not sure why you keep talking about a particle in relation to evolution. Evolutionary theory does not state that we evolved from a particle. The Big Bang Theory does talk of a singularity that is assumed to be much smaller than the resulting masses that have come into existence since planque time (perhaps this is the particle you mentioned). But this has NOTHING to do with evolution, not the explosion, not planque time, not certainly anything before planque time since there is no way to analyze whatever happened to be here before, which means as far as we know there was nothing. The key phrase being "as far as we know". But, you are making a lot of grand assumptions here in relation to evolution since this events that lead to our being here only happened only AFTER the singularity appeared and NOT as a result of it. Not to mention, no where in the theory of evolution does it state that we evolved from anything other than a common ancestor to all ape species (including us). And that this common ancestor, through a variety of very small changes that lead to even larger ones, evolved from yet another different species. And so on and so on, back through time. Evolution is only an explanation of a body of facts that tracked and analyzed as many of these changes as have yet been found. And the reason we don't have all the information is that we are still LOOKING for it. Unlike anything to do with faith, which only has beliefs from that particular faith, not beliefs from knowledge (i.e. facts) which are present in all scientific fields of study. Please understand that the best way to argue in a subject matter such as this is to understand the subject matter itself in as much detail as possible. It does nothing to further understanding for anyone by coming to it without empirical evidence, which you seem to think of as rather suspect. Correct me if I am wrong please, but it would appear as though you are arguing for the exact opposite of furthering our understanding by saying we should rely more on faith.

shijinchan's photo
Sat 08/02/14 04:32 PM

Well, I'm all out of options at this point, so this is just some kind of crazy ride right now. Thanks for the welcome!
out of options?

no no no.

peaks and valleys.
ebb and flow.

Woo-saah, breath, and repeat, very zen-like. I like it. Unfortunately, there are only concentric valleys in my life that go ever downward, it seems. I had a peak once, when I was 23. Lasted two years. It was nice. Then the valleys started up again with their pesky pull. Translation: I'm a pessimist. And life becomes less disappointing as a result.

shijinchan's photo
Sat 08/02/14 04:20 PM

Ich bin selbe sehr Nett und bin deshalb auch auf der Suche nach meine andere Seele:smile: :smile: Meld euch dann bei mir.. werde mich eure Nachrichten freuen...

Welkommen! (Please excuse my bad Dutch, especially as you may not be but it's the closest thing to a Germanic type language I have experience with). Also, hi.

shijinchan's photo
Sat 08/02/14 04:03 PM

I feel like this site, and many others, won't let you list one unless it goes on your profile, which no one seems to read much of the time. So, is this the only place I can set the limit, between the ages of 31 and 35, or please don't bother or you waste time, to guys?

Posting in this forum will not keep older guys from you,
as all threads are open to everyone.

The profile is the BEST way to state your preference...you
will know when they do not read it, right?

You can set your email filters for age:
http://mingle2.com/inbox/filters

You can also 'Block' anyone that does not appeal to you.

Otherwise, try to enjoy the experience of a lot of attention :-)

I appreciate the advice. I just wish it did me some good, but thanks anyway. As for the attention, I've already made it clear on the profile the type of attention I consider to be appealing (not the kind I always seem to get), but fine. I'll do it your way and see if it comes to anything better.

shijinchan's photo
Sat 08/02/14 03:28 PM

Hilarious!

http://www.amazon.com/Holy-Bible-King-James-Version/product-reviews/0529064634/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Maaaaan, I was all set and ready too. Only I didn't see any funny ones, just serious ones, which made me sad for all those people who still think an imaginary friend can give them immortality just by thinking it hard enough. I needed a laugh, too. tears

shijinchan's photo
Sat 08/02/14 03:10 PM
Hiiii!!! waving

I turn and walk away when I see any kind of religion in a profile, not my thing, never really was. And from the look of the posts, there are a lot more of us then I realized. Cool beans.

shijinchan's photo
Sat 08/02/14 03:07 PM
What would it take?

First, define God, and not with forty million definitions, one or two that are accurate would suffice.

Then, show me God, and not forty thousand, or forty thousand versions of him I should say, but with empirical evidence.

Then, show me heaven, then give me just five minutes of question time. At the end I'd probably believe one or more existed.

I simply wouldn't follow all of their rules.

shijinchan's photo
Sat 08/02/14 02:38 PM

As long as you realise entering an age limit also restricts people from mailing you...even if they are only wanting to explain something or discuss something.

I experienced this last night a girl wanted to friend me, but I declined but wanted to explain to her my reasons, her age restrictions prevented me from doing so......luckily I managed to post after her and she changed her limits and I was able to decline her request in a pleasant manner.

Guess that's how it has to be then, since I'm a bit tired of trying to convince men older than my father I have every right to feel, just as I have every right not to feel, in terms of what I am attracted to. And that this feeling or lack of feeling has nothing to do with being an ageist.

shijinchan's photo
Sat 08/02/14 02:28 PM

Question: Has anybody ever seen Stalin's chimpanzee experiments? From 1928? If so, any thoughts?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilya_Ivanovich_Ivanov_(biologist)

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg19926701.000-the-forgotten-scandal-of-the-soviet-apeman.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanzee

Might be possible through Genetic Manipulation,but unethical IMO!

Island of Doctor Moreau.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Island_of_Doctor_Moreau

Of course it is unethical in the way it was performed, yes. But ethical limitations change with consent, say if it were consentually performed on two humans. The implications in terms of returning function to a body that no longer had any, and by using something that was already essentially dead . . .

I'm just wondering if anybody else read about it as I did and whether or not it could get some of us off the hate train this thread seems to be more about, as opposed to calm intellectual discussions. Thank you for actually responding all the same. It was interesting to look through your source material. I hadn't had a chance to read more in depth on the topic other than an article that spoke only of the ethical violations, not much on the research, until I caught the video footage in a documentary on the scientist who worked on it, that is.

shijinchan's photo
Sat 08/02/14 01:51 PM

What is a buff guy? Never heard of it. I'm Irish

Think Daniel Craig circa Bond films, or Benedict Cumberbatch in Star Trek. That, my friend, is my idea of buff. Not so large I'm scared he'll crush me, but large enough I think he could carry me a mile.

And because I am a curious little bee, what do they call a muscular guy in Ireland? Anything in particular?

shijinchan's photo
Sat 08/02/14 01:47 PM

Whattaya waaant? I'm a movie buff.

I don't want anything, but buff guys are hot smokin

Actually I want a buff guy, can I have a buff guy? and a Unicorn???

I want a unicoooorn . . . not a buff guy though, since they don't seem to like girls with curves, ahem.

Ok, i'll make you a deal. You can have the Unicorn, i'll take the buff guy :wink:

Although i'm usually too curvy too for buff men.

Ok, i'll make it 2 orders of 'Unicorn' instead :tongue:

Ha haaaa, you're funny. I like you. And, WIN! Two orders, please! And just thinking here, but horses tend to live nearly forty years, so if a magical unicorn (being all magical) lives twice that long, he'll be round longer than the buff guy! lol

shijinchan's photo
Sat 08/02/14 01:44 PM
Intersite: You have great insight, sir. Just saying. :)

shijinchan's photo
Sat 08/02/14 01:33 PM
I don't think anybody on here, at least from the postings so far, understands that you meant Marx's capitalist views, not his communist ones. Nor do they seem to understand that each of these viewpoints can be analyzed separately, as well as being confused in how capitalism is utilized by this country and others. Not too many people on here are open to intellectual discussion, versus snide comments, misinformation, or the use of irrelevant information. I am even more deflated in my drive to try to hold curious discussions, debates, or hell, even just a civilized conversation on any sort of relevant social issue. At this point, I'm settling for hearing more diatribes than anything else. But good luck and let me know if you happen upon an intellectual conversation on any of these forums, as most seem to be about waging some kind of internet war with bad/old/false information, instead.

shijinchan's photo
Fri 08/01/14 05:17 PM
I think free will exists in small matters. I like both fresh rolls and pancakes, as well as waffles. I have the ingredients to make all three but would never finish all three so, yes, I MUST make a choice here, as in something that is predetermined out of hunger and the choices available, but it is my decision which one I choose. However, a great many things are either predetermined through DNA/genes/hormonal processes, natural environmental processes, or chemical processes we are not aware of enough to alter consciously on our own. So, these things cannot be a part of free will. Neither is it our own will being engaged if another species decided to wipe us out. So it is surprisingly limited, and this limitation can only be exploited to an extent. But it is not immaterial in terms of needing to be understood, I don't think, and s a conceptualization of the elements in willpower that do not rationally need to be usurped, such as food choices.

But, that's just my two-cent musings for the past twenty minutes.

shijinchan's photo
Fri 08/01/14 04:17 PM

You stated that evolution and intelligent design are incompatible.

I disagree.

The universe itself is alive and intelligent. It is very compatible with itself.

From this post I take it you argue for intelligent design. however, the universe does not breathe as singular entity in and of itself, so it cannot be live. It cannot think since it has no organs and without that no mind or consciousness, it isn't, therefore, a thing to be driven by intelligence.

So, why do you really think it does?

shijinchan's photo
Fri 08/01/14 04:00 PM

Anybody else a big fan of Karl Marx? I don't mean to refer to his thoughts on Communism (which the educated reader knows is a phrase he only uses sparingly throughout his career.. seriously people stop associating Marx with Russian / Cuban Communism and Stalin / Castro, they're completely different), but rather his infamous critique on Capitalism in Das Kapital and other writings.

To me, Karl Marx's analysis is one of the best explanations for how the world actually works; capitalism, a system of exchange, entrepreneurship, and exploitation (you can't have a capitalistic mode of production without a increasingly exploitative relationship between haves and have-nots)extends far beyond the realm of finance and economy into the very manner in which we interact with people, or, going further, even the way we conceptualize history and the world (one of the reasons why we can't see a reality outside of a capitalistic one).

Anywho, any thoughts or other Marx fans out there? It's been too long since I've had some intellectual conversation about how the world works lol

I am a fan of Marx's view on capitalism, and I agree, so it was always a wonder to see capitalism so widely used as if it were the best benefit to any society. It offers temporary rewards for a select number of people, the amount of which grows steadily as an increasingly larger number of people are diminished by it. It also feeds the materialistic nature of the populace using it to irrational degrees, all for the drive of a system intended to offset any loss with a greater loss from the disadvantaged individuals in the society that perpetuates it.

shijinchan's photo
Fri 08/01/14 12:42 PM
I'm looking for an answer, or at least some formulas or calculation to try. I've no concept of math really but found the question too intriguing, so I asked here, which I hoped would garner some help to get to the answer, rather than just give me a whole bunch more questions.

Previous 1 3