Community > Posts By > Goatherding

Goatherding's photo
Fri 01/14/11 08:43 AM
Shopping

Goatherding's photo
Sun 12/05/10 07:40 AM
I had just moved into a house & I was surprised how much dry food the dog was eating all of a sudden.One night the crunching woke me up & to my dismay the dog was asleep at my feet on the bed.It turns out that a family of possums were feasting every night via a hole in the floor.Welcome to the country-city slicker!

Goatherding's photo
Mon 11/29/10 04:35 PM
I agree.Every now & again I run into a kid who just got back from the bush,oops! I mean the sand box,& I welcome him(or her) home.I don't want them to feel the disconnect my brothers & I felt when we came back to the world.I guess the biggest shock coming back is realizing that the world hasn't stopped just because they've been away being pre-occupied with surviving thier tour.

Goatherding's photo
Mon 11/29/10 04:27 PM
I still have a jungle shirt that I actually wore in the bush.The back is torn from the ruck sack with radio on it rubbing it thus wearing it out.There's no way I would turn that shirt lose.

Goatherding's photo
Wed 11/24/10 06:14 AM
Watch the parades,have dinner,watch the Lions lose(problably) & then go to Daytona & meet up with my friends at the Turkey Rod Run.

Goatherding's photo
Sun 11/14/10 03:59 PM
Chicken curry,Puri bread,onion chutney with gulabjammin for desert.

Goatherding's photo
Sun 09/12/10 09:08 AM
No hard drugs or excessive drinking,lack of personal hygiene,gold diggers or gold brickers.

Goatherding's photo
Sun 09/12/10 09:03 AM
I make sure that I'm clean & the clothes I put on are clean.Other than that I let the fancy dressers spend thier money impressing strangers.

Goatherding's photo
Mon 09/06/10 06:31 AM
There's a difference between "commenting" & "complaining".

Goatherding's photo
Thu 09/02/10 08:29 AM
Buy high-sell low.

Goatherding's photo
Thu 09/02/10 08:27 AM
It saves putting dimes in a pay phone to get a hold of friends & family.

Goatherding's photo
Sun 08/29/10 12:07 PM
BAAAAAAA! Practical to fault Capricorn.

Goatherding's photo
Sat 07/24/10 09:12 AM
Although I live in the country(Which has it's strong points) I miss living in the city-to a degree so I guess I'm both.

Goatherding's photo
Thu 07/22/10 09:26 AM
I don't do any whining & if I want to hear the blues I'll throw a cd in the player.

Goatherding's photo
Thu 07/22/10 09:19 AM
Lately the big thing was hooking up with all the kids on my block that I grew with.

Goatherding's photo
Wed 07/21/10 11:14 AM
Patience & tact only go so far-then you have to lower the boom.

Goatherding's photo
Fri 07/16/10 04:24 PM
When I lived down south I was a picker(yes'I watch the show & drool!)& have found alot of stuff I kept for myself.Most noteworthy was an early 30's floor radio that I refinished & even got working.

Goatherding's photo
Tue 07/13/10 10:03 AM
If the post concerns a little levity I'll often put in my 2 cents worth but if the post is political or concerning religion I'll pass on responding to them.I come to unwind & get a chuckle here & there.

Goatherding's photo
Tue 07/06/10 11:02 AM
After over 20 years working in the south Florida sun I think I'm allowed to prefer A/C.

Goatherding's photo
Tue 07/06/10 11:00 AM
I constantly have people ask me how much I paid for my car or how much it's worth.My reply usually is"Sounds to me that someone has nose trouble!".I can't help saying that because"you can take a guy out of Detroit but you can't take the Detroit out of the guy!".

Previous 1 3 4 5