Community > Posts By > 74Drew

74Drew's photo
Sat 06/04/11 09:49 PM
i think it started when someone taught one of the genders to play hard to get. somewhere down the road the other gender caught on and decided to play the same game.

now there's an abundance of members from both genders playing games. and also a large number of members from both genders being played.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Mon 05/30/11 07:52 PM
thanks for the input

. . .

74Drew's photo
Mon 05/30/11 07:26 PM

Yep, yep, yep to all the "did you actually READ the profile and find something interesting" attests. If you didn't already- go send another message.

i just sent the first one 20 min ago. right before i started this thread. in hindsight it was a bit backwards.

wouldn't it seem a bit stalker-ish or desperate to send another so quickly?

. . .

No guts, no glory...Just TELL her you regret not spending a little more time telling her WHY you wanted to contact her. She'll probably appreciate the candor.

okay, wrote another message. more specific about what i had seen in her profile, however not asking questions about every little thing in it.
explained that i wasn't a stalker, but that i wasn't satisfied with my previous message and felt a second attempt was in order.

we'll see what happens from there.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Mon 05/30/11 07:11 PM

If you are writing to someone who has posted in the threads you could say something like...

I've read your profile and some of your postings. You seem like a a great/funny/sincere/intelligent woman (pick the adjectives that fit). I think you would be an interesting person to know.

if this were the site from which i had noticed her, it would be a feasible way to break the ice. unfortunately, it wasn't this site.

thanks for the feedback though.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Mon 05/30/11 06:58 PM

Yep, yep, yep to all the "did you actually READ the profile and find something interesting" attests. If you didn't already- go send another message.

i just sent the first one 20 min ago. right before i started this thread. in hindsight it was a bit backwards.

wouldn't it seem a bit stalker-ish or desperate to send another so quickly?

. . .

74Drew's photo
Mon 05/30/11 06:52 PM

When it comes to the initial message from someone, let's say NOT someone you've talked to in the forums and just someone who's read your profile and decided to write you a message, what sorts of things do you want to see in the message?

. . .

NOT here's my yahoo and ur the most beautiful thing i ever seenyawn

definitely didn't do that

. . .

good - even if she is - just FYI -lotsa time very attractive women want to feel as tho they are valued for other reasons too

yeah, didn't mention anything about her looks.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Mon 05/30/11 06:49 PM

When it comes to the initial message from someone, let's say NOT someone you've talked to in the forums and just someone who's read your profile and decided to write you a message, what sorts of things do you want to see in the message?

. . .

NOT here's my yahoo and ur the most beautiful thing i ever seenyawn

definitely didn't do that

. . .

74Drew's photo
Mon 05/30/11 06:42 PM
slaphead i'm so not going to get a response to the message i wrote.
lol

. . .

74Drew's photo
Mon 05/30/11 06:35 PM
basically, how does a guy sound genuine and interested without saying something cliche like "i like what you said about XXX and YYY." and "i like all of the stuff that you like."?

how does he keep it simple while sparking enough interest to receive a response?

. . .

74Drew's photo
Mon 05/30/11 06:24 PM
Edited by 74Drew on Mon 05/30/11 06:25 PM

. . .

74Drew's photo
Mon 05/30/11 10:41 AM

how good are you at reading/recognizing body language?

i misinterpret it more than i'd like to admit unless it's obvious

i might as well be blind when it comes to body language

actually, i can pick up on disinterest fairly easily. it's the interest that i can't see.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Mon 05/30/11 10:39 AM
i'd kill off all of the humans and give the planet back to the animals

. . .

74Drew's photo
Mon 05/30/11 10:37 AM
http://mingle2.com/topic/show/278536

. . .

74Drew's photo
Sun 05/29/11 02:24 AM
i don't say it anymore

the last 2 women for whom i had those feelings weren't able to reciprocate.

i'll never again say it first and i'll never say it if i don't feel it.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Sat 05/28/11 07:48 PM
even though most of the women on the hetero team won't let me play i would still never change teams. then again, men are hairy and sweaty and gross, so i can understand why some women would entertain the idea of switching sides.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Sat 05/28/11 06:08 PM
a rake

. . .

74Drew's photo
Sat 05/28/11 06:08 PM

I would rather be a hammer than a nail.

if i could
i surely would

. . .

74Drew's photo
Sat 05/28/11 04:35 PM

I have a 3.4 GHz P4HT which in essence IS a Dual Core processor. Now as long as you have sufficient RAM to drive your system you are good for a long time. I have 4 512MB RAM in all four slots so I effectively have 1G of RAM for each core. I want to boost it to 4g which is as much as XP can handle.

More RAM is always better! When I built this machine 5 years ago I built it to be competitive and remain so for years. It still is a match for ANY Core Duo and I am not overclocked. If I upgrade my OS to 7 I can breach the 4G RAM barrier BUT I have to deal with a hardware limitation and the cost of PC3200 memory is still ridiculously high.

I want to build on an X85 ASRock motherboard which has 6 RAM slots, Quad Core capable, and with MAX RAM I can get 24G on board which is in excess of need by a huge stretch!

Now power supplies are an issue. If you have a lot of Video cards which are STARVING for power an 800Watt or better PSU is called for. I have seen one SLI computer with 4 video cards and it needed a 1000W PSU to feed it. BUT The computer operated FOUR stand alone terminals for game playing among 4 people. That computer was one WHACKED OUT MACHINE! In all reality though I cannot see a need for more than 400 Watts of PSU for most power users.

So far though my humble P4 can handle ANYTHING I throw at it. I game, I also do some graphics and design work but I really want to do animation. That was why I built this machine.

i was running xp and went to 4gb and it would only see 3gb. if you're going to do 4gb just upgrade to win7.

as for building a new machine, most of the socket 775 is disappearing so you should really look at an i3 or higher.

for the psu, you also have to look at the draw of the processor. some of the processors are 130w. combined with a demanding vid card, you don't leave much room for other hardware if you only use a 400w psu.

i'm hoping that when diablo 3 comes out this system will still be sufficient. i may have to upgrade the vid card, but i'm hoping that the game won't require sli'd vid cards as my current mo-board doesn't have a second for pciex16 2.0. i can't seem to find any more socket 775 boards that do have 2 pciex16 2.0, so if sli is a requirement, i'm probably not going to be able to play diablo 3. i'm not going to build a new pc just to be able to play one game.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Sat 05/28/11 11:02 AM

I've heard tell it is in his kiss:wink:

But I have found sometimes the kiss is not so good because they don't know how, not because the feelings are not there.

So how can you tell when a man loves you?

he comes around for YOU, not the sex.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Sat 05/28/11 11:00 AM
interesting

. . .

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25