Community > Posts By > 74Drew

74Drew's photo
Fri 05/20/11 11:49 AM
Edited by 74Drew on Fri 05/20/11 11:50 AM

You're comparing a woman in a bikini giving a speech at a graduation to a woman in a suit doing the same? How many times have you seen a woman in a bikini doing that?

And which women are assuming men have no sexual interest until she is undressed in the bedroom? You're not even making any sense now.

But, if you want your women to dress modestly, make sure you let them know upfront. Though, I'm not sure how well it will go over when you tell them what they should and should not be wearing.

ok, that was an exaggerated illustration, but i have one that is more accurate.
why is it that during the miss america pageant the Q&A is done during the evening wear section and not the swimsuit section? bottom line, nobody is going to be paying attention to what the women are saying while they're running around half naked.
and it would seem that the women who think that men should have no sexual desire for them and should be listening to what they're saying when they're sitting there with their breasts half hanging out of their tops would expect a man to not have any sexual interest until the bedroom. they would expect a man to turn their desire off and on. it can be done, but it's usually the women who do that for us and often through what they say or what they wear.
women and men are wired differently in what creates arousal for them.

i never said that i want my women to dress modestly. i said that if a woman wants a man to take her seriously and appreciate her for her brains she should hold off on the revealing clothing.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Fri 05/20/11 10:46 AM
Edited by 74Drew on Fri 05/20/11 10:47 AM

I feel that sometimes women with self esteem issues tend to put the cleavage shot. Like they need something to attract the guys because they think what they currently have isn't enough. That's the feeling I get when I see them. Now I do like cleavage but it kind of also has the desperate feeling.

Do you feel that way about women in person as well. If they don't cover up they have self esteem issues?

What about men with no shirts on? Do they also have self esteem issues?

i feel that way about women in person. women tell us to not look and to get to know them based on what they have between their ears, but then they wear clothes that draw our attention from that which they want us to focus. from what i've seen, they're always compensating for something (ie. being dumb or "heavy" or having 15 kids at home baby sitting one another).
IMO a single woman who wants to be taken seriously by potential suitors should dress more modestly so that she'll have better chances of finding men who'll take the time to get to know her and not just try to sleep with her.
after she finds a man she can dress more sexy. he's a man, he'll still appreciate it.

as for men with their shirts off, if they've got the body that's their prerogative. i'm not looking at them. if i had the body i'd want to show it off. of course for me it would be a symbol of my overcoming my weight struggles.

. . .

Ah. So, because you are unable to look at a women who is showing some skin without losing focus, she should not wear that if she expects you to take her seriously. Got it.

yes, because i'm the only man notices such things. which must mean that all of the women who wear revealing clothing are doing so just for me and just to distract me. and all of the cliche jokes which point out this phenomenon in the countless hollywood movies are only about me and have nothing to do with any other man having a problem focusing around scantily clad women.
most men experience this and any woman who believes that a man is paying attention to her words while half of her bosom is showing is incredibly naive. unless she's talking to a homosexual man who has no interest in her breasts.
i wish women would stop assuming that men have no sexual interest in a woman until she's fully undressed in the bedroom. our minds go there almost initially so why feed that imagery by wearing something revealing.

who would you take more seriously, a woman in a bikini speaking intelligently to a graduating class or a woman in a business suit doing the same? if they're speaking the same message it shouldn't matter right? but who is more credible?
if you want a man to acknowledge you for your mind don't do something that will draw his attention away from it.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Fri 05/20/11 09:31 AM
Edited by 74Drew on Fri 05/20/11 09:32 AM

I feel that sometimes women with self esteem issues tend to put the cleavage shot. Like they need something to attract the guys because they think what they currently have isn't enough. That's the feeling I get when I see them. Now I do like cleavage but it kind of also has the desperate feeling.

Do you feel that way about women in person as well. If they don't cover up they have self esteem issues?

What about men with no shirts on? Do they also have self esteem issues?

i feel that way about women in person. women tell us to not look and to get to know them based on what they have between their ears, but then they wear clothes that draw our attention from that which they want us to focus. from what i've seen, they're always compensating for something (ie. being dumb or "heavy" or having 15 kids at home baby sitting one another).
IMO a single woman who wants to be taken seriously by potential suitors should dress more modestly so that she'll have better chances of finding men who'll take the time to get to know her and not just try to sleep with her.
after she finds a man she can dress more sexy. he's a man, he'll still appreciate it.

as for men with their shirts off, if they've got the body that's their prerogative. i'm not looking at them. if i had the body i'd want to show it off. of course for me it would be a symbol of my overcoming my weight struggles.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Fri 05/20/11 09:13 AM
power on the ps3 by holding down the power button until it beeps a few times (this is the same as forcing it to power down when it hangs)

this method should reset the video settings to the factory defaults

. . .

74Drew's photo
Fri 05/20/11 09:09 AM
wow, i can't believe this works.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Fri 05/20/11 08:53 AM
Edited by 74Drew on Fri 05/20/11 09:35 AM

1. am I just ugly? why do i only get hit on when girls come in to my job drunk?
2. Why is it the last 2 girls i have been with are nuts or want to kill themselves?

i read your profile.
older women are more forgiving of men being over weight than younger girls are. (generalization-not all older women, but a higher percentage than ones your own age)
the question is, do you like the way you look? are you happy with your own physical appearance? if not, do something to change.
i ask these questions because you remind me of me 13 years ago. if you think you're ugly, women might suggest otherwise but will rarely take any action to prove otherwise (ie. date you, sleep with you). you'll always be the friend, but rarely the boyfriend.
when women are asked what they look for in a man, 90% of them will put confidence somewhere in their top 3. unfortunately, while people will tell you to be more confident, almost none of them will explain to you how to be more confident. confidence comes from within. it's your own measure of success and accomplishment and can also be combined with your outlook on a situation. you have to decide what it is you're proud of and what your accomplishments are. also, success should never be measured against someone else's accomplishments. it should be measured by your own goals and whether or not you've surpassed them. if you measure yourself against someone else you base your worth on them, but in reality you are not them. you haven't lived their life and they haven't lived yours. set your own goals and strive to achieve them. don't worry about how they compare to someone else, they're your goals not theirs.
women also like guys that are motivated to succeed. i hope you have plans on being more than a truck stop cashier. that is a dead end job, and only the drunk chicks with non-working, loser boyfriends and no self esteem will find that an asset.

as far as the crazy women, i've found (and i'm sure i'll catch hell for this) that most of them are flat out nuts. IMO
you'll just have to avoid the ones that should be in padded rooms.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Thu 05/19/11 10:42 PM

Mods I am putting it in general because it covers all relationships.

I have noticed that it is almost always unknown assumptions and unknown expectations that seem to be the cause of most problems in all relationships. Unknown usually because the person expects the other person to know it without having said it. Of course, this also indicates a breakdown of communications.

What do you think? yea or nay

i assumed that the girl i was sleeping with was only sleeping with me. it was definitely a problem for me when i found out otherwise.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Thu 05/19/11 10:40 PM

i took some pic's of myself without a shirt on today.
it was not pleasant. i wouldn't post those for anybody to see.

. . .

At least this thread has inspired you.

actually, i took them as before shots. i'm starting a new workout monday and needed a reference from which to gauge my progress. even so, i was incredibly uncomfortable taking them and then seeing them. i know i'm overweight, i just didn't realize how much it shows.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Thu 05/19/11 10:29 PM
i'm starting a workout monday. went shopping tonight for healthier stuff. bought some turkey brats and taco seasoned ground turkey. not sure how they're going to taste, but i've had turkey burgers and they're alright. we'll see.
also bought some fruit and stuff. should've waited now i have a bunch of bananas and pears to eat before they go bad.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Thu 05/19/11 10:21 PM
i took some pic's of myself without a shirt on today.
it was not pleasant. i wouldn't post those for anybody to see.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Wed 05/18/11 11:42 PM

What you have is an incentive to stay healthy, get wealthy, stay in shape and focus on YOU. When you do that, women will come out of the wood works and throw their panties at you.

Trust me on this.

so what i get from this, and maybe it's because tonight my roommate pointed out to me what a miserable p.o.s. i am, is that if you're not healthy, wealthy, and in shape women will hide from you.

good to know that i have nothing going for me.
and people wonder why i'm a miserable p.o.s.

. . .

Pretty much! If you are a whiny do-nothing broke a$$ miserable and lazy couch potato with no self esteem who drinks bear and eats pizza every night with his hands in his pants.... yep.

Women aren't attracted to that.

have you been spying on me? where did you hide that camera?
where's a man supposed to put his hands when they get cold?
can't be too broke if drinking beer and eating pizza every night, that shiz expensive.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Wed 05/18/11 11:39 PM
hope is unnecessary for existence

. . .

74Drew's photo
Wed 05/18/11 11:30 PM
Edited by 74Drew on Wed 05/18/11 11:31 PM

What you have is an incentive to stay healthy, get wealthy, stay in shape and focus on YOU. When you do that, women will come out of the wood works and throw their panties at you.

Trust me on this.

so what i get from this, and maybe it's because tonight my roommate pointed out to me what a miserable p.o.s. i am, is that if you're not healthy, wealthy, and in shape women will hide from you.

good to know that i have nothing going for me.
and people wonder why i'm a miserable p.o.s.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Wed 05/18/11 11:25 PM

I love horror but didn't like Hostel, mainly because it seems too real; like that stuff really happens in some corner of the world and I like being a tourist! That movie makes me think twice about being a tourist in certain places. Lol

i hear yeah. i went by train to Minsk, Belarus via Warsaw, Poland. definitely outside my comfort zone, but it felt good to feel that kind of awkward. there were some areas though that made me feel like i could end up on a milk carton or something.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Wed 05/18/11 01:22 AM
i've been single my whole life with the exception of a few months here or there and more than a decade in between.

i used to have friends that criticized me for it or questioned my sexual orientation. i eventually just discarded my friends.

my roommate still gives me crap now and then about the fact that i don't date and don't try to date. i have a female friend who wishes i would find someone but only because she thinks i'm a great guy and that there's some girl out there who's missing out.

it's not like i'm not looking, i just have issues.

basically, all you can do is live your life in a way in which you are comfortable. if your friends don't find it acceptable, they don't have to live it.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Wed 05/18/11 12:24 AM

There was a story on NPR the other day that i found interesting and thought-provoking. It was about how we rely on gravity for all the things we do in our daily lives.

Astronauts have quite a challenge with weightlessness. They don’t have gravity to help them separate themselves from their excrement. If somebody gets motion sickness (which is common) their up-chuck could, and does go anywhere and everywhere. Well, onto the fun part of the story.

Dolphins are known to have great difficulty staying together doing the deed, due to the relative weightlessness of the underwater world. NASA has actually done tests and research on the difficulties of having sex in outer space. Imagine, there is nothing to keep you in one place. He thrusts. This propels her forward. He pulls back. This propels him in the opposite direction. Her momentum continues to propel her forward.

How would you solve this problem? I’m thinking that she would need to wear some kind of belt with handles on it. At least one of the two, probably she, would need to be strapped down to the bed, so that nobody is bouncing off any of the walls, ceiling or floor.

Sort of kills the sponteneity.

this is actually really easy

the woman firmly grasps something that is mounted in place(can not move)
the man then approaches and enters from behind firmly grasping the woman's hips as he thrusts and retracts

both parties will have to rely on strong arm muscles to steady themselves

now if someone were smart enough to make the floors of a iron based material, then someone could wear magnetic shoes and they'd be able to use their legs to steady themselves instead of their arms.

of course this is just theory and i'd need someone to go into space and test this theory with me.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Wed 05/18/11 12:13 AM
depends on how it was said.

either your friend doesn't like some way you act while single and has grown tired
or
your friend is wanting what is best for you and they feel that means you need someone to complete your life

even when people mean well sometimes they can be overbearing
depending on the feeling behind what was said, you could either accept it as well wishing or be put off by the criticism.

in either case, just remember that there are always russian women looking for western men.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Tue 05/17/11 09:35 PM

You could post a picture. Welcome to mingle.

basically.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Tue 05/17/11 09:33 PM
Edited by 74Drew on Tue 05/17/11 09:34 PM
things to try in order from first to last:

run a defrag

increase your virtual memory size

use a wired internet connection if possible, but it shouldn't matter - even the slowest wireless lan connection should be faster than your wan connection

buy more ram

. . .

74Drew's photo
Tue 05/17/11 09:28 PM

I hate the word "fat"

I consider the individual

if he's sweet, decent, and fun to be with -then yes. I would date a

heavier man...

happy

yes but fat and heavier isnt the same thing. I mean Arnold is heavier but its all muscle. XD
Ummm yes i see your point - but calling someone "fat" is
insultingfrown

Nobody called anyone fat in here. The just used the term "fat" to describe a hypothetical person.

Calling someone who is fat, "fat" might be rude to do in their presence. They know they are fat. That is obvious. They don't need to be told. It might be insulting to do that, and they might not like to hear it.

But to refer to a 450 pound person as "fat" is just truth. I am over weight. I don't like being called "fat" by someone else in my face because yes, they are being insultingly obvious.

I would never tell a friend or relative that they are fat and they should lose some weight. They already know it if they are.

i agree. i'm fat. i don't like it when someone tells me i'm fat, but someone telling me i'm large or heavy isn't any better. it means the same thing. social convention just doesn't allow me to punch them in the face when they use a politically correct term.

. . .

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25