. . .

74Drew's photo
Sun 06/12/11 03:12 PM
profile says 2 kids.

2, 4, who can keep track?

. . .

74Drew's photo
Sun 06/12/11 02:48 PM
You always here that first impressions are super important. While I believe there is some validity to that, I believe that most people try to act better than they really are during an initial meeting. Really getting to know about a person's personality and habits takes a lot more than a couple of hours spent talking over dinner or whatnot. What you really see in a first impression is that which the other person thinks you want to see. Whether or not that is an accurate representation of that person can only be determined over time.

imo

. . .

74Drew's photo
Sun 06/12/11 02:45 PM

well drew u put such an emphasis on it (the thin-ness) that it really made me wonder whether her being thin is so important to you that u would overlook serious character flaws just because she was thin,

I think to some extent we all do that sometimes because most of us have visual/physical preferences that are important to us, and when weighing all factors those physical preferences weight in also

I have seen guys date women who treated them like crap with a capital C just because she was petite

my friends & I would just grab our size 10 jeans, shake our heads....laugh and say "there he goes again. what a dummazz"

i have dated women in the past who treated me poorly and yes they were thin. but i don't believe that every thin person will treat me (or any other man) poorly. yes there are women out there who take advantage and abuse men, but they come in all shapes and sizes.
is physical attraction important to me? absolutely. no doubt about it. but it's not the only thing that's important to me.

and some of the women on here think that i've got a bad attitude and whatever, but none really know me. none really know what i'm about or anything else. and none have ever expressed any interest in finding out. unfortunately, that extends into the real world as well.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Sun 06/12/11 02:29 PM

It's not what you look like, it's what you are inside.. And I certainly wouldn't date a guy with an attitude like yours...

that's your preference and i respect it.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Sun 06/12/11 02:28 PM

just advice from the perpetually single,, lol, for whatever its worth

but I think the foundation of a strong relationship is comfort with oneself

it seems if one is comfortable with themself they can build a strong relationship with someone else who is comfortable

but if either feels inside themself a need to change who they are, they may be changing the very thing that caused the attraction and killing the relationship

its a dichotomy to me, though, to be comforable with BEING overweight, but somehow uncomfortable with others being overweight,,

I think we should bring to a relationship whatever we expect to receive, including the level of 'fitness'

just my opinion though

sounds a lot like sticking to ones own kind to me.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Sun 06/12/11 02:26 PM

Like I said, the negative attitude is not going to help you.

affirmative Spock. I agree with that.

and how realistic is that if what is important is what u build together and the rapport and love u share?

You would rather bed down and marry a woman who is a T-Total Biotch just because she's skinny ? so like a man - this is the gender equivalent of the woman who ignore the "nice guys" for "bad boys" = men who ignore "heavier girls" and go for looks & thin-ness

(editorial note - I realize that thin women are not necessarily nasty. it's just an example)and I am not over weight myself, actually

i never said that attitude was irrelevant. i'd neither date an overweight woman with great attitude nor a slender woman with shltty attitude.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Sun 06/12/11 02:12 PM
Edited by 74Drew on Sun 06/12/11 02:13 PM

i stopped dating a long time ago. my friend and i alternate paying for things. i get the movies, she gets the popcorn....whatever.

. . .

sounds like dating to me....but I guess the term date has a more romantic connotation which is why the man usually pays - at least at first - a lot of men do not like it when a woman insists on paying part of a date - it is the equivalent of being "friend zoned"

it's not dating because there is no romantic connection or interest.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Sun 06/12/11 02:09 PM

Everyone has preferences, that's no big deal. I've seen big gals with smaller men and vise versa.

I read your profile Drew, you have actually put a particular weight.
I would think that is gonna stop a woman right in her tracks.
Your also limiting yourself....

135 is more petite and is going to vary on her age, height, if she works out or not...
so your set on a certain weight, yet that weight can actually come in several 'styles'

what if an attractive tall women is 140, she would be slim...and she was put off by your weight preference?

i guess i'd have to gain 10 pounds for her to fit within the limit.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Sun 06/12/11 02:07 PM
you have to read the whole thing.

almost nothing in my profile is serious.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Sun 06/12/11 02:03 PM

He actually listed a weight in his profile for women to fall under?

if that's the only thing in there that you take offense to then i haven't done my job properly.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Sun 06/12/11 02:02 PM

a sports car and a young girlfriend.....

can't wait.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Sun 06/12/11 01:51 PM

it is interesting there would be a double standard there since as a species our male population is not quite a third of our female's population.laugh laugh

we're being slowly extinguished. women have proven that they don't need men to survive. and since so many men have donated to the "banks", women don't need a man for procreation. eventually, they will keep men all in cages just for our seed to replenish the "banks". genetic testing will be done on newborn males and only those with exceptional genes will be allowed to live(in cages for their seed). the rest will be terminated for their inferiority.

that's the future i see anyway.

. . .

soooo, does this mean you men won't be paying for dinner anymore???

you didn't notice that i stopped paying a long time ago?

. . .

How could I? : )

really - what planet do u live on? I haven't paid for dinner or anything really - on a date yet - except one time and there were "reasons"

i stopped dating a long time ago. my friend and i alternate paying for things. i get the movies, she gets the popcorn....whatever.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Sun 06/12/11 01:49 PM

it is interesting there would be a double standard there since as a species our male population is not quite a third of our female's population.laugh laugh

we're being slowly extinguished. women have proven that they don't need men to survive. and since so many men have donated to the "banks", women don't need a man for procreation. eventually, they will keep men all in cages just for our seed to replenish the "banks". genetic testing will be done on newborn males and only those with exceptional genes will be allowed to live(in cages for their seed). the rest will be terminated for their inferiority.

. . .

sounds like some kinda weird bondage fantasy drew

maybe for the ones that will be found genetically acceptable. my genes are flawed and i wouldn't survive the purge.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Sun 06/12/11 01:48 PM

. . .

How could I? : )

oops. missed that word in there. sort of changes the whole context.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Sun 06/12/11 01:43 PM

. . .

A little bitter? laugh

it's just humorous paranoia. the way i see it, i've got maybe another 40 or so years. after that i don't care what happens.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Sun 06/12/11 01:41 PM

. . .

. . .

74Drew's photo
Sun 06/12/11 01:38 PM
Edited by 74Drew on Sun 06/12/11 01:38 PM
to me, hot is hot. color doesn't matter.
that being said, culture clash can be a major concern.

. . .

74Drew's photo
Sun 06/12/11 01:35 PM

Hello!
My name is Joey, and I'm looking for a (lady) companion who lives within a reasonable driving distance of Burton, Michigan.
I consider my self average-looking, but I'm intellectual, very affectionate, and just as loyal. I love to laugh, and (trying) to make others laugh.
Question: is it unreasonable for me to want someone who's attractiveness is "above average"?

-please don't keep me waiting too much longer!

wecome

i don't think that it's an unreasonable thing to ask for, but some do.
http://mingle2.com/topic/show/304392

. . .

74Drew's photo
Sun 06/12/11 01:31 PM
i understand that each individual has their own preferences and i don't begrudge them for that.
it's just that when i see comments (not necessarily here) that basically imply that people should stick to their own kind (in this case fat with fat) i am a bit put off.

even soufiehere's comment is a bit irritating. because i won't date an overweight woman i don't deserve one who's not overweight? again, we all have preferences. i don't find overweight women attractive. are some of them good people? yes.
my best friend is an overweight woman. we hang out, go to movies, and have a good time together. but i wouldn't sleep with her, i wouldn't marry her. for me she's friend material, but not lover material.
it's not like i shun overweight people. i can't believe that i have to defend the fact that i have preferences just like anybody else. apparently, because i am overweight i don't have the right to have preferences.

. . .

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25