Community > Posts By > Estelle79

no photo
Tue 04/21/15 02:17 PM

This is sort of a spin off of another topic where some people mentioned that women are now expected to bring home a paycheck. I was sort of thinking about that in terms of other cultures and times where women who brought home a paycheck would be considered vulgar as a prostitute and her man not taking care of her like a pimp. Just a thought.

In many cultures today the man would be ashamed of himself for not providing the basics for his family, but not in others. Also the woman would be ashamed of herself, and not in others. My thoughts on the matter are caught in between. Ideally, I think, a man would provide the basics of everything a woman needs financially. And the woman would choose if she wanted the kind of job that paid money. Women already work but are not paid I decided that in the last thread. I don't particularly like forcing women not to work or to work. Of course if she remains single she may need to work, being single however means not much housework/childcare so it is not too difficult.

The problem is this isn't the 1950's and women are expected to bring in a paycheck even when they do all housework/childcare, and at the same time men are not expected to provide all basic financial needs anymore. This is common enough to mention, there are so many other variations, but this one is sort of a sign of the times.

Yes Estelle, this may be true. But what does it have to do with Prostitution...

There will never be an equal trade off for love.

Well, I would say it is not love, it more like the relationship of a prostitute and a pimp. I mean, this is why I make the comparison. I suppose this kind of scenario should be considered a major downfall of the capitalist system. What it's doing to love.

no photo
Tue 04/21/15 01:55 PM
The problem is this isn't the 1950's and women are expected to bring in a paycheck even when they do all housework/childcare, and at the same time men are not expected to provide all basic financial needs anymore. This is common enough to mention, there are so many other variations, but this one is sort of a sign of the times.

no photo
Tue 04/21/15 01:44 PM
This is sort of a spin off of another topic where some people mentioned that women are now expected to bring home a paycheck. I was sort of thinking about that in terms of other cultures and times where women who brought home a paycheck would be considered vulgar as a prostitute and her man not taking care of her like a pimp. Just a thought.

In many cultures today the man would be ashamed of himself for not providing the basics for his family, but not in others. Also the woman would be ashamed of herself, and not in others. My thoughts on the matter are caught in between. Ideally, I think, a man would provide the basics of everything a woman needs financially. And the woman would choose if she wanted the kind of job that paid money. Women already work but are not paid I decided that in the last thread. I don't particularly like forcing women not to work or to work. Of course if she remains single she may need to work, being single however means not much housework/childcare so it is not too difficult.

no photo
Tue 04/21/15 10:25 AM

please get it right...the correct quote is "the love of money is the root of all evil" This dramatically changes your question

This is a good point. So, what one does for money when one truly needs money, is not evil. It's what one does for money out of greed, that is evil. Since most prostitutes have always been on the poor side, I guess my question is answered: No.

Also, Tealbreeze made the point that prostitution was probably not the first profession for women..this also would change things. But historically, hasn't it been the men through the world who have held most of the money while women tended always to be more on the poor side? This is a continuation of the problem that women's work is mostly not valued, women are used as slaves basically and not compensated with money or anything else of value. Now prostitution is probably one of the only jobs where women definitely get paid much more than men (for a variety of reasons). Is this leverage of women over men the reason why these women are considered vulgar? In a way it's women beating men at their own game (sort of).

no photo
Tue 04/21/15 07:03 AM
I guess the topic could be summed up as 'money not sex is the root of all evil, true or false'?

no photo
Tue 04/21/15 06:08 AM
They say prostitution is the oldest profession in the world. To this day prostitution is considered a vulgar profession. Although some radical feminists do consider it to be empowering to women (many disagree). Perhaps this is not the point. Could it be that the reason for these perceptions are not really about the job itself, but just the simple fact that a prostitute earns MONEY at all (at one time it was the only paid job for a woman)? It seems possible that since todays working women, although not selling sex, are expected to work for cash (pimped out), and so there is something vulgar in this expectation itself (explained). Thoughts?

no photo
Mon 04/20/15 01:27 PM
I also stopped around 7-8 months due to teeth. I think it's not very natural to breastfeed beyond that point. I don't know why people are offended by women breastfeeding though. It seems like they're just jealous.

no photo
Mon 04/20/15 07:52 AM
Men and women are different. Men have the ability to lie/compartmentalize and women tend to tell the truth/see the bigger picture. This is true no matter what the agreement is in the relationship. I know, speaking from experience here.

no photo
Mon 04/20/15 03:38 AM
This thread is so hard to read. It's obvious that killing is wrong to most of us.

no photo
Sat 04/18/15 02:16 PM
Or maybe like I said she just wants this male 'friend' to get off her back, she is married now.

no photo
Sat 04/18/15 02:15 PM
Yes I'm just bashing religion and men with my terrible words.

no photo
Sat 04/18/15 02:10 PM

I feel like we are not getting the full story.

Why do you call yourself a friend? You talk about her getting her brains beat and that you are no longer her friend. What kind of people is this woman surrounded by? I don't believe any of the 3 men mentioned in her life are good for her. Maybe you all made her go crazy.

Maybe it isn't the men. She is the common factor whoa

We don't know "She" and maybe neither does this friend..the story makes no sense. He says "why would a man put up with this?" as if he is defending the man, not his friend. Maybe she is lying to him to get him out of her business and she really does love the man she married. We don't know and what this man says is not enough to go on.

no photo
Sat 04/18/15 02:06 PM
No one is bashing religion. Calm down. I did read that she decided to stay married to someone she doesn't love because of God. So, yeah you did miss something.

no photo
Sat 04/18/15 01:26 PM
A woman can find a date anywhere.

no photo
Sat 04/18/15 01:03 PM
Maybe something else is going on but only she knows. It was a string of events that lead her to this. It would be interesting if you could give us more details, this is so mysterious sounding.

no photo
Sat 04/18/15 12:57 PM
Well I see no logical arguments, so I rest my case.

no photo
Sat 04/18/15 12:55 PM

Humans are the best creation. There's nothing more valuable then a human being & nothing can ever replace a human, no material objects, money ect & all the elements will never replace how special a human being is

This is one of the reasons that abortion is wrong.

The alternative can be more wrong, and worse for all of the people involved. Only the mother knows if she can give the child a decent life and carry the baby to full term, no one else can and no one else should judge. That is more wrong than abortion.

if people are not capable of facing responsibility, there is always abstinence.

every child is a gift from God as only God can bring life.
many couples try for years and can't have children.

on a different note, we are showing less compassion every day to our communities. more positivity might help to heal some of the ills of our society

You miss my point..women are not to blame for every damn problem on Earth. A woman's body should be her's to decide what to do about the baby. Once there is a baby and the woman doesn't take care of it, then I have a problem, because I hate child abuse.

no photo
Sat 04/18/15 10:54 AM

Note to Estelle: where did you come from?

The egg must have been already evolved, then a chicken hatched out of it for the first time. The egg must have come from a couple of less evolved animals that produced the first chicken. We all came from the water which came from minerals, most water creatures produce eggs. It all points to eggs coming before chickens. Unless of course you believe that God just put the very first chicken egg on the Earth and it hatched a chicken.

No one knows for sure, but there are holes in the theory of evolution.

Either way, common sense tells us that the life of the first chicken would begin at the beginning of the life of all/any chickens.

no photo
Sat 04/18/15 10:47 AM

Humans are the best creation. There's nothing more valuable then a human being & nothing can ever replace a human, no material objects, money ect & all the elements will never replace how special a human being is

This is one of the reasons that abortion is wrong.

The alternative can be more wrong, and worse for all of the people involved. Only the mother knows if she can give the child a decent life and carry the baby to full term, no one else can and no one else should judge. That is more wrong than abortion.
No one judges men for the all the sperm they let go to waste obviously. There is hardly any difference, each sperm is a miracle in itself, who are you to say it's not?

no photo
Sat 04/18/15 12:11 AM
I guess the problem then is she is mentally disturbed by religion.

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25