Community > Posts By > adventureman64

no photo
Wed 09/24/14 04:34 AM
I think I am most happy when a woman makes me feel needed. Find a man who wants to be there for you, not the other way around.

no photo
Tue 09/23/14 08:09 PM
I think having both a mother and father is ideal for children. However, we all know that sometimes pregnancy 'happens' under less than ideal conditions. In my opinion, marrying a man just so your child will have a paternal influence is wrong. Mothers have been raising children by themselves for a long time and I'd guess most of those children are quite normal.

no photo
Tue 09/23/14 07:28 PM
Hang in there ST. There really are some good people on this site. Don't give up. Welcome to Mingle.

no photo
Mon 09/22/14 09:37 AM
Thank you for your response. I do enjoy the forums and I'm slowly learning from all of you. When time permits, I read the posts here. I've already found that there are many nice, intelligent people on this site.

no photo
Mon 09/22/14 07:50 AM
I'm still new to this website and trying to figure out exactly how it works. So, Mingle sends me an e-mail saying I have a mutual match and I can send her a message. I message her and after a couple days, still no reply. What's up with that ? Is that the norm on this site ? If so, what's the sense in messaging a mutual match ? Anyone else experiencing the same thing ?

no photo
Sat 09/20/14 06:04 AM

My guess was that these people just have no life of their own.

If we had lives, then we wouldn't be posting things on this website in the first place. laugh

I can't speak for anyone else, but as for me, I have a wonderful, enjoyable life. I'm posting on this website because I'd love to find someone to share it with.

no photo
Sat 09/20/14 04:46 AM
Edited by adventureman64 on Sat 09/20/14 04:53 AM
Thanks Navy. I'm sure there are many more out there in the same situation we are. Just wish they'd hold their hands up so I could see them. I think it's kind of sad that you've given up, but as long as you're happy, that's all that matters. As for myself, I'm not giving up. I would willingly scale back the intensity of my activities for honest companionship but I won't give up the things I like to do. That wouldn't be fair to me. If it means that a younger woman is a better match, so be it. My post was meant as one explanation why an older man might want a younger woman.

no photo
Fri 09/19/14 09:24 AM
I would prefer a woman close to my age. The problem is that almost all women my age aren't physically fit enough to join me in all the activities I like. Now what ? Just forget about finding someone or wait forever trying to find a 60+ year old lady who enjoys 30 mile bike rides and long hikes in the woods ? Would appreciate a comment on this

no photo
Fri 09/19/14 07:08 AM
One cannot earn respect without having integrity, and one cannot expect friendship and love if they aren't respected.

no photo
Fri 09/19/14 06:47 AM
25 years of trying to figure out a way to make her happy. Nothing worked. 13 years single now and much better off.

no photo
Fri 09/19/14 06:34 AM
I am new to Mingle2 but I noticed this right off. My guess was that these people just have no life of their own. I don't feel sorry for them. I just wish they wouldn't waste my time.

no photo
Fri 09/19/14 06:11 AM
For me, it's all about companionship. As a senior, most of us have already been married and raised a family, and for one reason or another we now find ourselves single again. Living a comfortable, happy life is great, but lacking someone to share it with is rough. There's always something missing. Finding the right mate at this age can be difficult though, especially for someone as active as I am. I know how I want to spend the rest of my life. Hopefully Mingle2 will be able to help me find the right lady to grow old with.

no photo
Fri 09/19/14 06:05 AM
Edited by adventureman64 on Fri 09/19/14 06:16 AM
This is not the thread I posted on. What happened ? Guess I screwed up already. Please see 'What men over 50 are looking for.' Thanks.

no photo
Fri 09/19/14 06:03 AM
Hello from northwest Ohio. This state isn't boring. We've got a bit of everything here. Well, no desert or rain forest, but there are oodles of things to do in this state. What's boring is not having a companion to do things with.

no photo
Fri 09/19/14 05:52 AM
For me, it's all about companionship. As a senior, most of us have already been married and raised a family, and for one reason or another we now find ourselves single again. Living a comfortable, happy life is great, but lacking someone to share it with is rough. There's always something missing. Finding the right mate at this age can be difficult though, especially for someone as active as I am. I know how I want to spend the rest of my life. Hopefully Mingle2 will be able to help me find the right lady to grow old with.

no photo
Fri 09/19/14 05:11 AM
New to Mingle2 and looking forward to meeting people and making friends. I would like to thank those people who have posted suggestions to help new members like me understand the best way to meet people on this site. Hopefully some day I will post something that will help someone else.

2 Next