Community > Posts By > a_shields

a_shields's photo
Wed 04/29/09 12:28 PM

I can't say anything that is better than this.

You forgive for you, not for them.

I don't know how to forgive someone without saying they were right to do what they did.

a_shields's photo
Wed 04/29/09 12:24 PM

I would never say it's "okay" not to talk to family, unless they had done something truly heinous, such as um, Killed your brother or something.

The only true measure is this:
If they all died tomorrow, are you okay with never dealing with it or talking to them again?

I've dealt with it - I've defined them to be evil. Doing that allowed me to see everyone else on earth as the good guys and my parents as the bad guys. It feels like the end of an endless war for me.

a_shields's photo
Wed 04/29/09 12:23 PM

You talk about the parents , What about the two sisters ?

My older sister has become my parents, and it scares the hell out of me. She is what I would have become if I didn't wake up and see this before it was too late.

My younger sister is just going off to college. She's my half sister, so she didn't get what I got from my dad (the high school counselor by day/violent psychopath by night).

I'm not really sure how to talk to her though, or even what to say. I don't know if she's going to feel hurt that I don't come to holiday events or talk to our mother.

a_shields's photo
Wed 04/29/09 12:12 PM

If I don't speak to any of my living relatives, does that make me a bad person? Or is that ok?

I don't think it makes you a bad person. I am in the same situation with my own family. My mother and I haven't spoke in two years. I believe we don't need people in our lives that drag us down, and make us depressed.

Good to hear - thank you.

a_shields's photo
Wed 04/29/09 12:04 PM

How many living relatives do you have?

4 - 2 sisters and mother/father

a_shields's photo
Wed 04/29/09 12:02 PM

What would be the reason?>???

I didn't realize until recently how badly my parent's choices affected me. The psychologist is calling it ptsd. It had to do with constant threat of violence from my dad, and my mom going off to medical school and leaving my sister and I alone with him.

I'm not mad at them, I just don't want to have to forgive them for it - because if I forgive what they did to me, that would make child abuse acceptable somehow in my mind. I never want it to be ok to do what they did.

a_shields's photo
Wed 04/29/09 11:57 AM
If I don't speak to any of my living relatives, does that make me a bad person? Or is that ok?

a_shields's photo
Wed 04/29/09 11:53 AM

biggest/best/ life accomplishment? (simple me? just being on my own since 18, and still kickin'!)...

Breaking the cycle of abuse in my family tree. There won't be any more of "me", and thank god for that.

a_shields's photo
Wed 04/29/09 11:50 AM

At that wage, brother, go for the on-the-job romance.

Carpe Diem.

At that wage? Haha wow you're a douchebag. Parents pay for your schooling?

i think that all he's saying is that it's a low pay job so if something happens because of the co-worker thing you're not out a lot. it's not like it's a 60k a year job where you'd really feel it in the pocket book.
at least that's the way i understand it.

. . .

oh.... Damn, sorry. I'm still waking up to the fact that most people are a lot nicer than my parents are. Sometimes I slip into their habits of knee-jerk attack/response.

Ya I think I'll go for it. Ty all.

a_shields's photo
Wed 04/29/09 12:32 AM

At that wage, brother, go for the on-the-job romance.

Carpe Diem.

At that wage? Haha wow you're a douchebag. Parents pay for your schooling?

a_shields's photo
Tue 04/28/09 11:48 PM
I just started working at this ice cream shop part time - and there's this hottie I work with every day. She's my age, likes anime, and she's hilarious.

I've always worked with people way way older than me before, so this has never happened.

a_shields's photo
Mon 04/27/09 12:53 AM

Depends on if I see a wookie through the eye hole or not.

hahahhahha!!!!!

a_shields's photo
Mon 04/27/09 12:41 AM

finally got some time to go online.
Guess I need to add more info, but.. anyway, how is it?

why are all the interesting cute girls like this NOT in Tampa?

a_shields's photo
Mon 04/27/09 12:38 AM
hottie imo

a_shields's photo
Mon 04/27/09 12:35 AM
Edited by a_shields on Mon 04/27/09 12:42 AM
i'm more worried about dying without having done something notable. newton died alone, and we still talk about what he did.

i think dying only sucks when you die before you could do what you wanted to do.

a_shields's photo
Sun 04/26/09 10:53 PM

I'm new to this so let me know what you think please.

I liked your profile - but wouldn't do the old "looking for price charming" thing. It makes guys think you want perfection, and thus only people such as myself actually email you.

a_shields's photo
Sun 04/26/09 10:35 PM

If they're sexy, I must be one of the sexiest people alive

Hoho!! I demand pics.

a_shields's photo
Sun 04/26/09 10:34 PM
solving problems.

a_shields's photo
Sun 04/26/09 10:31 PM

I think that they are extremely sexy.
It shows what you've been through. What you've survived. Like your skin is telling a story.

Ha! I agree. Someone with perfect skin seems kinda "virgin-esque" to me. I don't like having to explain crappy stuff about life to someone I'm dating that doesn't know.

a_shields's photo
Sun 04/26/09 10:29 PM
amphetamine is legal - it's called adderall. anyone who says they get distracted easily gets it.

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14