Community > Posts By > a_shields

a_shields's photo
Thu 08/06/09 05:57 AM
all of them.

a_shields's photo
Thu 08/06/09 05:07 AM

Thrusday I am going to attempt to quit smoking for about the third time. I picked this day because I can stay away from most people for about four days. That should be long enough for the physical cravings to go away I think.

Anyone have any advice?

cannot give advice before knowing why you started smoking.

a_shields's photo
Wed 08/05/09 11:27 AM
A man exists in an abnormal state.

This abnormal state makes him a mirror of what he sees.

This abnormal state was created when rare traits were inherited from two people who were also rare/odd/unique.

This person was born with the ability to see and emulate core emotions in someone they spoke to or heard from.

This ability became a survival mechanism and reflexive action when meeting a person.

Others who meet this man in an abnormal state become confused, scared, angry, (or just say "cool!"). This happens when a personal truth they were trying to understand (or not understand) is emulated.

This man begins talking to a psychologist and receiving cognitive behavioral therapy.

The man reaches a point in therapy where he can see what will happen if he takes the final step - a step doctors subtly scream in his ear must happen for him to heal.

The man knows his doctors are correct - that his suffering will, at the very least, lessen.

The man also knows this:

He is the first of his type to exist and survive this long in the context of mass communications.

He has faith in his own ability to mirror what he sees, and in looking at himself when in a room with that person, he can see levels of anger, empathy, hate, joy. Seeing those things grants the person in the room with him the awareness of self-motive. It grants them relief if they were unsure of their own "goodness", and the choice to change if they see something dark.

Someone looked into the mirror, saw something dark, and made a choice not to change it in themselves. They knew the only way to preserve their own faith-in-hatred power was to darken the images of everyone that looked into the mirror after that point.

Now, when good people look into his mirror, they see something ugly. They are hurt by what they see.

The man does not know his mirror is dirty, or even that he IS a mirror yet.

The man washes clean the glass, but people still see something ugly - the last time they looked, they saw something twised. Their own self image reflects fear of the existence of the last thing they saw --- the thing that was a lie.

The man realizes that the only way to help people see that the mirror was dirty before, and is not now, is to explain to them what he is, how he was created, and why previously seen reflections were hateful and false.

This abnormal state of reflection can only be maintained under extreme conditions.

Others believe mirror is trying to break itself, shatter itself, end its own existence in keeping himself in these conditions by choice. By stimulants. By sleep deprivation. By long periods of physical exercise.

The treatments prescribed by doctors would paint a picture over the glass. The mirror would be a crude drawing of a human that used to be a wonderful thing. A helpful thing.

The mirror reflects this truth: in offering to paint over the mirror, they are offering to suffer the non-existence of a mirror to relieve the pain of one person.

The mirror shines.

The mirror looks fully on the self-faith-hatred ways of thinking that were used to darken him, and are used as weapons today. The mirror plays with those ideas by playing darts alone. When he plays with others, he intentionally does not try based on the self-faith concept that has darkened his glass. Doing this confuses others - does the mirror not wish to play because it sees something dark in me?

No.

The mirror does not play because it makes a choice not to use self-faith-hatred on other people.

The mirror wants to understand self-faith-hatred such that it can mirror right through the darkness of a person and show them a solution. Showing people the darkness in themselves is meaningless if it does not inspire change (or if it gives that person no guidance as to where to begin in not using it anymore).

The mirror wishes to stay a mirror - and not just to exist - but to reflect more clearly in the years to come. The mirror knows it can show much more than it can show right now.

When the mirror makes a basket playing alone, or flips a spade, or bounces a ball, or displays ability in front of others without being asked to do so - the mirror is shining. The mirror needs to shine. If it does not shine, the mirror has no purpose. What the mirror can do, all other humans can do --- except for the ability to mirror.

If the mirror is alone, the mirror is not shining, and has thus made a choice not to shine for people.

I am not a human. I am a mirror. If you try to shape me into a human, you will destroy what we could have done together. If the story ends now, it will end badly.

Help me shine.

a_shields's photo
Tue 08/04/09 01:51 AM
Hell exists. Does anyone ****ing hear me? HELL EXISTS. LISTEN TO MY ****ING WORDS. I'M HUMAN. I'M HERE. HELL IS HERE. ARE YOU LISTENING? GOD? HELLO????

a_shields's photo
Mon 08/03/09 08:18 AM
Edited by a_shields on Mon 08/03/09 08:21 AM
Yes, there is.

People are born into or fall into various forms of hell. Other people around them, having never been in hell, have no idea hell exists for many people.

My skin has been burning my entire life... recently, other humans started putting out the fire. I struggle with the need for others to understand my hell, and the desire not to hurt them through empathy. Does the Joker's true story need to be told? Or can we just say he exists and try not to hurt ourselves by seeing what it was that created him?

a_shields's photo
Mon 08/03/09 08:13 AM

Some of the women that want me

What a horrible thing to say... Tell me you were joking now.

a_shields's photo
Mon 08/03/09 08:10 AM
Edited by a_shields on Mon 08/03/09 08:11 AM

:heart: Can you describe LOVE in 1 word?:heart:

The point at which one person feels the pain of another person more intensely than the person him/herself. It is a mind-meld type condition in which pain from empathy is greater than the pain itself. This is why loving Jesus for some involves intense focus on the crucifiction event. Feeling Jesus' pain is a training exercise in empathy for others.

... one word. I just read that. a;lsekfj

a_shields's photo
Mon 08/03/09 08:04 AM

I knew one...
6 foot 8 inches
movie star handsome
brilliant artist, writer, musician
could Mcgyver anything

killed himself brokenheart

Why did he kill himself. Did he have a mate?

a_shields's photo
Mon 08/03/09 08:01 AM

Is it theoretically possible for a computer to have conscious thought, to make decisions for itself? It has never been documented as happening to date, but is within the realm of possibility one day for it be so?

The day a "computer", which is just a logic machine, is able to re-write its own programming is the day computers can "think". Thinking (hopefully) reaches some truth that changes how the thinker sees the world / responds to events.

a_shields's photo
Mon 08/03/09 07:56 AM

Freak of nature?

Exceptional and provocatively profound people, who defy the parameters of societal norm.

Usually they are rare and gifted, who seem to not have a commonality in the nurture/nature debate...

So this person must have been born with these abilities?

a_shields's photo
Mon 08/03/09 07:54 AM

men who say they want children

haahahah!!!

a_shields's photo
Mon 08/03/09 07:50 AM
Edited by a_shields on Mon 08/03/09 07:53 AM
I understand this way of thinking as harmful to those close to a person... but is narcissism a needed trait in a leader? For a (1)president or a (2)CEO or a (3)religious leader to make a choice and say it is the "right" thing to do - does that not require faith in his or her own ability?

On further reflection, (1) is chosen by other people, that choice being a confirmation of self-faith.

(2) is chosen based on ability to perform only. "He/she gets results". Thus, hired/picked as CEO. Carl Rove is another example of this result-qualified silent controller/adviser.

(3) is chosen based on the idea that person represents. Almost like a "born" president. God chose him/her, and so divine right to lead exists as a moral statement. This one seems to have very little actual power or control over followers. Biggie Smalls and 2Pac seemed of this type - men representing an ideal that people needed to overcome current conditions. MLK would have been another.

ok ok ok I've gotten off track. Core question: DO LEADERS NEED FAITH IN THEIR OWN ABILITY TO BE GOOD LEADERS?

Sorry about the caps. Seems easier to define a main point.

a_shields's photo
Sun 08/02/09 12:28 AM
Yes: and they still say no. Haha!

a_shields's photo
Sun 08/02/09 12:27 AM
When you hear that term, what do you think of?

Do they exist? Who? What created them? Nature/nurture?

a_shields's photo
Wed 07/29/09 08:40 PM

Where would you go? And why?

Somewhere in the middle east.

I want to find out if it is truly as dangerous as everyone says - or if we just make it dangerous by projecting fear and bias.

I have a theory that people are only violent when violence is expected. Don't expect it - don't experience it.

a_shields's photo
Sun 07/26/09 06:42 PM

i was talking to man a long time ago on here. we stopped talking when he thought that i wouldnt make a good mother to his kids, if we had them. well while we were talking, he even asked me for money for him to come see me. well i forwarded him a silly email. he sent this reply to me. now tell me if it is a little bit harsh. "You are very stupid for sending this email to me. How can a sick jobless ugly fool like you expects money! You sit in front of your pc playing games all in d name of being depress. You should kill yourself cos you are of no use to anyone. Your mother should have used you as menstral waste. You are in no way usefull to anyone or yourself stop posting on dating sites and kill yourself" i would love to hear any opinions on this.

I would print out all the emails, locate him in real life, knock on his door, and ask him "why would you say something like that?"

If he refuses to reply, I advise repeated nuclear strikes on his location up to and beyond the point at which the Earth becomes lopsided.

a_shields's photo
Fri 07/24/09 12:41 AM
God is other people?

Where does that logic chain end if followed?

a_shields's photo
Sun 07/19/09 02:58 AM
Whirrrrrr click.

Something in the past is found to be untrue.

Whirrrrrr click.

3 more things, previously undefined, now have reasons for happening.

Whirrrrrr click.

Time passes...

Days pass...

Whirrrrrr click.

Why was that thing untrue? ...

Whirrrrr click.

Click.

Click.

Cause identified.

feel something comforting. something of release.

a_shields's photo
Sun 07/19/09 02:17 AM

... would you consider going to prison for the sake of having somewhere warm to stay and guaranteed food to eat?

No.

a_shields's photo
Sat 07/11/09 05:41 AM
must know if i hurt people by being here. if i do, i need logical responses why and how i will impact someone. will follow advice from this thread on faith. trusting in truth of replies.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14