Community > Posts By > a_shields

a_shields's photo
Fri 05/01/09 03:26 AM
Edited by a_shields on Fri 05/01/09 03:27 AM

I made a profile, I tryed to describe my self to the best of my ability but I think I am still not hitting the nail on the head. What about my profile turns people off? Should I change, add, or deleate anything? Please help.

The real you is dynamic and constantly changing.

Sometimes, your current outlook on life will click with someone that happens to view you, and you have a date/mutual match.

you are a human, and no symbols on a screen or still images can explain who you truly are to other people. dates happen based upon something simple and small that they liked about you - not on a well considered choice based upon the exact image your profile was selling.

When I try to make myself appealing, no women message me. When I just say screw it and type whatever messed up stuff is in my head that day, suddenly mutual matches start popping up.

humans are too complex to predict, and I'm beginning to see that it is insulting to try. exist as a human, and women will want you.

a_shields's photo
Fri 05/01/09 03:16 AM
Good meeting you, and welcome.

a_shields's photo
Fri 05/01/09 03:13 AM

:heart: There are many ways of saying "I love you" without using those three words.:heart:

bigsmile Do you know any?bigsmile

Taking the fall for that person with a smile on your face - then convincing them it didn't really hurt. it is hiding your own physical torment due to awareness of how seeing you will affect them.

It is the ability to lie to the person you love when you say "I'm ok", because you know they are already struggling.

It is saying you slept last night on the couch, when you have not been asleep for 6 days.

It is creating a world for the person you love that will not hurt them as it would if you did not manipulate it.

a_shields's photo
Fri 05/01/09 03:05 AM
7z3r05 messaged me a few months ago. i never fully recovered.

a_shields's photo
Fri 05/01/09 03:03 AM
hello.

a_shields's photo
Fri 05/01/09 03:02 AM

Beautiful....

How come some guys are so stuck on physical appearance of one's body... I've noticed more times than not that there are many girls in on this site who are absolutely gorgeous but I'm sure they would be considered to be more of a full figured type of person....

How do you feel about this... and would you date a gorgeous girl if she was... if not... what is your cut off... would you prefer her to be bigger if she was solid?

Just wondering.. it's crossed my mind a few time when looking through forums and pages and I'm just wondering what you think?

I think there is a major difference between a still picture and how a person actually moves when you see them.

I find physical attraction in how a woman walks, moves her eyes, and implies what she wants without saying anything.

The image of a human standing still is nothing to me. Humans are beautiful in motion.

a_shields's photo
Fri 05/01/09 02:57 AM

While I've been on the site and just in life, I just can't figure out what guys think about me. What do you guys think? I'm honestly not fishing for compliments or insults or anything. I am just curious, because right now I'm not too sure.

if i saw you in a club, i'd hit on you.

a_shields's photo
Fri 05/01/09 02:50 AM

I would just like to dance with at least one amish midget before I die...........why cant I find one????explode noway sad

...a_shields furiously begins researching amish culture and putting knees in shoes
DAMN TALL PEOPLE!!!!!!explode

0o explosive!! I love people that aren't afraid to lose control (or just don't give a crap, which is even better). I think expressing outrage is a very human thing.

a_shields's photo
Fri 05/01/09 02:45 AM

be one...mabye you will get one flowerforyou

I do that constantly, but then dudes think I'm gay. I don't really know how to be "nice" without solving a problem for someone.

if you are friends with people whom think your gay for being a friend...i would get some different freinds...just imo...flowerforyou

where are all these dudes that think people are gay? I CAN'T FIND THEM!!! bigsmile

That's a good point. I often assume things too quickly based on past experience.

a_shields's photo
Fri 05/01/09 02:38 AM

I would just like to dance with at least one amish midget before I die...........why cant I find one????explode noway sad

...a_shields furiously begins researching amish culture and putting knees in shoes

a_shields's photo
Fri 05/01/09 02:36 AM

What does it mean to you?

A fresh brain waiting for instructions to be written.

a_shields's photo
Fri 05/01/09 02:34 AM

Prove to me that this world didn't start 5 mins ago and all we think we remember isn't just a memory plant?

prove to me you are not just a spam bot computer meant to attract users with topic questions.

a_shields's photo
Fri 05/01/09 02:33 AM

What constitutes knowing something? What provides warrant to substantiate claiming or believing that one knows anything?

The only time I use the word is to stop someone from elaborating on information I have been exposed to.

Other than that, I don't claim anything. I can just do stuff. That's it.

a_shields's photo
Thu 04/30/09 11:45 PM

Hmm....that sounds like insecurities to me.flowerforyou

I guess you could say that - yes. My opinion is my own, and it might offend. Harah!! I'm off to attempt friendships.

Just be yourself, ya know?

Yup, will do.

"It puts the lotion in the basket..."

j/k!! Seriously this time, I'm going to finish these projects. gn and ty all.

a_shields's photo
Thu 04/30/09 11:42 PM

Hmm....that sounds like insecurities to me.flowerforyou

I guess you could say that - yes. My opinion is my own, and it might offend. Harah!! I'm off to attempt friendships.

a_shields's photo
Thu 04/30/09 11:36 PM

How do you become friends with another dude without him thinking you want to plant the pink pole of... um.... ok no more metaphors today.

I can ask a girl on a date easily, but how do you say "hey bro let's go fishing together and drink beer." that seems like mission goddamn impossible for me.

If you join in the community here(or anywhere) you just make friends with people naturally, and beers and fishing can take place. If you are comfortable enough with your own sexuality there is no reason to feel at any point you are doing anything gay because you are talking to a man. There are gay people here too and you can talk to them as well without them or anyone thinking anything of it.

Thanks dan, I think you're right. I need to stop trying to anticipate events with other people. It drives my brain nuts thinking of what implications a person with xxx birthplace and xxx birthyear and xxx race might take from a statement i make. it is hard to stop thinking, or at least stop thinking about what other people are thinking.

a_shields's photo
Thu 04/30/09 11:22 PM

troll

jedi scum.

mabye you are not acquainted with the term "troll"...no worries...but your using fighting words....and there is no need to be harsh...i just call em as i see em.....flowerforyou flowerforyou

i'm not sure how the terms are currently defined, or what that word means to you, so i'll just say what i am: i'm a person asking odd, specific questions to other people on a webforum.

i'm not here to make friends or enemies. i'm here to help me understand what i'm doing wrong so i can change it. i don't know what's relevent, so i just give all the info at once.

in any event, thank you to the people that mentioned the team sports for older guys @church, gyms, etc. I intend to look into that.

a_shields's photo
Thu 04/30/09 11:16 PM

internet dating...lmfao...huh

will you be my e-girlfriend? we can giggle at each other via webcam whilst remaining virgins.

a_shields's photo
Thu 04/30/09 11:15 PM

I could never get on with the whole process of trying to get talking to women online. After a couple of dozen emails that didnt really get anywhere, i pretty much gave up trying. Instead i just made myself known within the forums and after a while, the emails did start coming to me. Over the last few years, the majority of conversations i have gotten in were not started by me.

One way or another, if you want a good chance of meeting someone, you gotta advertise. You can do it by contacting people directly, or you can make a name for yourself through posting. But if you sit back just waiting for ladies to contact you without doing anything at all, you are relying on A LOT of luck.

I just blow kisses at every decent looking single chick in a 15 mile radius of my location. There is a damn good chance a few will like your profile.

Life is ending. Fast. My newest philosophy is "man-whore it up".

a_shields's photo
Thu 04/30/09 11:10 PM

troll

jedi scum.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 13 14