Community > Posts By > normalweirdo

normalweirdo's photo
Sat 06/19/10 09:28 PM
chaps and an ostrich feather fan :D

normalweirdo's photo
Sat 06/19/10 09:02 PM
I did it! Four years down, two to go. I'll be 44 when I finish. It's totally worth it! Undergrads don't always look at you funny, and there's plenty of more mature folks in grad programs anyway, so you don't stick out too much. Once you get over the feeling weird about it part, you get into the groove. It's kind of nice being back in student mode. Your environment changes a lot, and you have flex time. Plus, it's nice to use the ole nugget again if you're leaving a burnout career where you stopped using your brain for anything but calculating accrued vacation time and finding inventive ways to avoid meetings.

normalweirdo's photo
Sat 06/19/10 01:22 PM
Tell me Something Good
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=gWcAUxIgXxc&feature=related

normalweirdo's photo
Sat 06/19/10 12:39 PM
SO glad you guys aren't getting hit too hard!

I still have a condo out your way that doesn't pay for itself in rental income. It would be OK with me if it fell into the ocean. Jus' sayin'.

normalweirdo's photo
Sat 06/19/10 12:35 PM
Hi neighbors! I'm in Sactown, too. Mostly in an academic cave, but I'm here! *waving from the shadows* Glad to see so many friendly faces around!

normalweirdo's photo
Sat 06/19/10 12:10 PM
I dunno, I just trolled you and I think your profile is perfect in length. Shows who you are without being overly windy. :)

We need to be able to know enough about someone to get a feel for whether or not basic compatibility is there or not. Super long profiles make me wonder if I'd have to buy a ticket to date them.

normalweirdo's photo
Sun 02/14/10 09:32 PM
Meditation, long walk on the river trails with the pooch, homework and a burger at a local restaurant, computer time, watching winter olympics with dad, and an early bedtime. I know, y'all lust after my life. Just livin' the dream, baby!

normalweirdo's photo
Sun 02/14/10 09:26 PM
Mendy is a lady
and a christian and a mother
She was hoping that a boy would post
that she's his dream, his hope, his fate

But she got me
I'm sorry, Mendy!
He'll show, I swear, just wait.

normalweirdo's photo
Sun 02/14/10 08:45 PM
Single.

Yep, just checked again. Still single.

No, wait! Nope, still single.

But my dog loves me! That'll do. Happy Valentine's Day everybody!

normalweirdo's photo
Sun 02/14/10 08:32 PM
I don't have a Valentine! Waaaah!

Moment over.

normalweirdo's photo
Fri 01/29/10 01:13 PM
I win! For a sec. That's cool, I'll take what I can get.

normalweirdo's photo
Fri 01/29/10 01:04 PM
Very compelling - thank you for sharing it!

normalweirdo's photo
Fri 01/29/10 12:53 PM
I just trolled you. 41, no kids. Just doin' my part to mess with your stats!

normalweirdo's photo
Fri 01/29/10 12:20 PM
Welcome, and good luck finding that someone special!

normalweirdo's photo
Mon 01/18/10 07:23 PM
I'm 41. 40's are fun so far! Gettin' stuff done, caring less about what others think (though that leads to negligent flatulence in later years, I'm told), lookin' better than I remember 40 looking when I was twenty (a self-serving bias coming in handy), caring about things that are less transient and more fulfilling, knowing we're strong enough to weather the knocks, and on and on. Yay us!

normalweirdo's photo
Fri 01/15/10 09:29 PM
Yep, my niece and best girlfriend. Yay me! It'll do.

normalweirdo's photo
Fri 01/15/10 01:15 PM

I just recently got into the dating scene. I saw an attractive woman at the bar and asked if I could buy her a drink, she told me no guy has ever bought her a drink before. Is this not acceptable anymore?

lol. one, it's a bar. two, you really believe what she told you? you can't be that gullible.

Maybe she was 19 and got in on her sister's ID. First time in a bar. Dude, you gotta quit picking up on the teens.

normalweirdo's photo
Fri 01/15/10 11:07 AM
Wouldn't it be great if we had..
Perfect health until our passing
Double the life span and double the wisdom
Half the sleep requirement
Teleporters

normalweirdo's photo
Fri 01/15/10 10:51 AM
I'd sure want to know where my love interest fell on the continuum of seeing animals as "tools/property/resources" to "fur babies". My Shepherd is hardly a spoiled pocketpooch, but he's not going to get put outside without good reason. If he greeted visitors with his teeth, or humped legs, or whatever, sure... or if the visitor had a phobia or an allergy. But not just because they had some notion they were superior to animals. I guess it's not a problem because I don't let those types in the house anyway! :D

normalweirdo's photo
Fri 01/08/10 05:44 PM
failblog.org is my new bad habit!

Previous 1