Community > Posts By > Paul1258

no photo
Fri 12/10/10 08:05 PM
Edited by Paul1258 on Fri 12/10/10 08:10 PM
What does one do to find A decient job when you are past your prime?
I don't feel past my prime though.
I can still outwork A person in there 20's.
I feel sharp as ever.
Funny though. I have A different perspective on things as I have gotten older.
I seam to see things more clearly.
I soppose with age comes wisdome.
I always, at A young age, thought that was A phalicy.
I have always kinda skated through the system.
Things have always been easy for me.
I can read A book about A project, and be able to perform the task at hand.
I work hands on. I love to work with my hands.
Wood, Steele, concrete, fabrication, engineering, automotive, agricultural engineering, electronics, numbers, doesn't matter what.
I just learn from reading, and research.
As A child I read the entire Encyclopedia Britanica, and remembered it.
(I had A realy boring childhood, but that's another issue.)
For me it is easy.
I think, I have come to the realization; that I have wasted my life.
I am tired of the alway's aplicable, dead-end job.
Where does one start? Again.
What do you do when you can do so many things, but are not certified in any one field?
Jack-of-all trades with no direction?
Or-just A jack-***?
School costs allot. I looked into it.
Any suggestions?
I am looking for A job. I just would like to find A profession that would be A challenge.
To be honest. For me its not so much what the company can do for me, it's what I can do for the company.
Hey, it's great to see ones handy-work being applied and used.
Building somthing better, designing new tools, improving products, or just reorganizing for better performance.
I am unemployed in Wisconsin! WOW!
I know God has A plan.
Why do all his plans end in death?
In the end.
I have been in business for myself. What A headache!
Well I guess. I just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas out there I may not have tried.
Merry X-Mass and A happy new year to you all!!!!
Perhaps there should be A help and support column on here for the unemployed.
We could all help eachother.
Thanks.
Blaa,Blaa,Blaa,Blaa,Blaa!
Too much!!!!!!!!!!

no photo
Tue 11/24/09 08:45 AM
I live outside the little town of Thorp.
About an hour away.

no photo
Mon 11/23/09 03:27 PM
I tested the pump, it work's though. Not the pump.

no photo
Mon 11/23/09 03:19 PM
I am working on A Chevy Astro, all wheel drive W/the big V-6.
I dropped the tank. I have 10.50V going to it.
The underside is clean as A whistle.
There wasn't even any dirt on top the fuel tank.
It's A 94 bye the way.
I have been rolling in the dirt trying to find A broken wire.
I borrowed A different relay. No luck.
What if I were to run A jumper off the relay to the fuel pump?
I mean to the power wire under the van not to the pump so to say.
I can make it claen. Whould it work?
This is fuel spray carburated, not fuel rail.
Any suggestion's to ease my pain?
Everthing is so tight.
I did test the fuel pump, it work's.
Ya ever have one of those day's when you thought you should have been A lawyer?
You could get, be dirty, and still come out smellin like A rose?
Any ideas people?!?!?

no photo
Thu 11/12/09 05:59 PM
I am looking for A new job. What is the best way to go about this?
I can get 3 recomendation's, if I ask.
Would that help?
Do I just fill out the App, or should I have A resume?
Should I call around to see who is hiring?
I have A job right now, but It' only temporary.
Baisicaly pay's the bills.
I know it's tough out there, but there is A pretty good pool of knowledge here.
Any ideas?
I need your help, Please.
I don't ask for much, just A little help.
Thank you so much.

no photo
Sat 10/31/09 04:47 PM
I have been through the valley of death.
Knowing pain, suffering, and distress.
I have been through the desert of despare.
Not knowing why I was there.
Walk in my shoes.
You have nothing to loose.
Take my hand.
You will understand.
We all have our cross's to bear.
We all have our stories to share.
Mine is but one, and with riseing of the sun.
I pray my journey be done.
As I look to the sky.
I ask.
Why!
Oh why!
He answers me not.
A child forgot.
Until I go home.
I am alone.

no photo
Mon 10/26/09 10:04 PM
My mind weigh's heavily upon the ashes of despare.
Not knowing, who, what, why, or where.
My heart sink's into the abys.
Yearning for the one that I miss.
My heart, once filled with laughter.
Look's forward to forever, and here after.
Dark shadow's fill my eye's.
My soul under darkened sky's.
My lonliness fills my tear's.
Unlike those I have felt in year's.
I cry, I ask, and pray evveryday.
Hoping to find my way.
What is to be!
Why has God foresaken me!
Not wanting to go.
I sit in this hole.
hoping someone will save me.

no photo
Tue 10/20/09 06:39 PM
I havnt seen my son in two years. He's 12 now. All ADHD of him. I want to see him again. I miss him. If you have kids I'm sure you know what I mene. His mother makes it hard. She has A family of her own. They want to keep it that way. Up until two years ago. I raised him. I fell on some hard times. His name is Taylor. My knickname for him was "the buddies", or "buddy". He was my buddy! For all those years we were there for eachother. I feel as though I let him down. To be honest with you. I know I did. A father should be better than this. I'm scared. Should I call him? I do miss him. Any ideas on how I should go about this? I thought about writing him A letter to explain myself and including A calling card. His choice. We were so close. Sad part is I recently moved back into the same town he lives in. Maybe I'm A coward. Love is love. I do love my son. I just want your input. I'm just afraid of what he may say, or think of me. I hurt everyday. Thats how much I love him. Any ideas?

no photo
Mon 10/19/09 12:30 PM
O.K. Heres the deal. I'm working on A 88, F-250 pick-up truck. It starts up fine when it's cooled down. When started and run for A while, and shut down, it won't start. Like the battery is dead. I replaced the silionoid, and the battery connections. I can remove the posotive side of the battery, and it still runs. I even cleaned-up the connection on the starter. I know it has to be A thermal problem, I think. Why else would it not start, after it's warmed-up. Runs fine otherwise. If you have any ideas, please tell me. Maybe the starer? Electronic ignition module? Oh, the volt meter reads on the dash, that it is charging at 14.3 volts, give or take. Which should be in the norm. Bad wire? Bad connector? Does anybody have any ideas? This is driving me nut's.

no photo
Wed 10/14/09 10:16 AM
I haven't gotten around to working on it yet. I will let you know though. I just hope I have enough patience, or it will get fixed with A hammer.

no photo
Tue 10/13/09 12:35 PM
Thank you all for the help! It's nice to know there are still people willing to help!

no photo
Mon 10/12/09 06:33 PM
I have A 94 oldsmobile delta 88 with A 3.8 engine. When I go down the road it dies when I let off the gas. Doesn't matter if I am driving straight or on curves. The check engine light comes on intermitently also, and it's died when the light was off. Doesn't seme to matter. Question- EGR valve or throttle position senser. Oh and the idle seems to vary it's speed intermitently, not smoothe. Anybody got any ideas? Best guess would help. I have all the tools I need, but no diagnostic computer, and I have time.

no photo
Mon 10/12/09 04:43 PM
I guess not.

no photo
Mon 10/12/09 03:17 PM
I was wondering. I live in the thorp WI area. Anyone even near me out rhere? I feel like I'm on an island to myself.

no photo
Sun 10/11/09 05:16 PM
Wow thats alot to take in! The earth axis hasn't changed. The position of the poles has. Thats normal. North and south have switched polarity numerous times before. Deviation of there position is normal. Earth quakes- The earth is overdue in several areas for earthquakes. Pressure builds-up It must be released. The polar ice melting- It is. However when the the ocean reaches A certain desalination point the under water currents that move cold water to warm and warm to cold will shut down. A possible ice age may happen. Global warming can cause an ice age. It's happened before, it can happen again.

no photo
Thu 10/08/09 09:55 PM
Holy crap!

no photo
Thu 10/08/09 09:50 PM
It was easter. I went small game hunting. I live in Wisonsin. O.K. Well at the time all my family was together. Little neices, nefues and my own too. As i got into the house with gun in hand, I decided to have a little fun. I said remember the easter bunnie. Well....... I shot him. You should have seen the look's on there faces! It was classic. Sad part is I did bag some rabbits. So that made it worse. I was only kidding around. I had to talk to alot of kids that day. The easter bunnie is not dead. They never knew however, how well he went with baked potatoe and veggies.

no photo
Thu 10/08/09 09:27 PM
Doesn't matter. I have rugs!

no photo
Thu 10/08/09 09:22 PM
Once apon A time there were three bears..............and then I shot them.

no photo
Thu 10/08/09 09:18 PM
People can sometimes be cruel. When something is out of the norm of life they tend to avoid it. It's not your fault. Color has never been A problem for me. I actualy think it's interesting. Different cultures fascenate me. It doesn't matter to me what color one is. Personality is everything. It defines you. You are no diferent than the rest of us. We all feel. We just express it in diferent ways. It makes us uniqe. I think you are too hard on yourself. The color of ones skin should never be A factor on how people are treated. Look at it this way. would you ever leave A baby in the middle of the street in the rain because of it's skin color? It's funny how attitudes change as we age. Everyone thinks baby's are cute. No matter what the skin color. What happens to people when they grow older. The child is gone, but we are still that same person. Don't be too hard on yourself. You are who you are. We are all diferent. It's the diferences in each of us that makes this world one crazy place to live.

Previous 1 3 4