Community > Posts By > awkerper

awkerper's photo
Tue 11/24/15 01:19 PM
I sent another message to the member to let her know that I didn't see her previous message and then the entire thread appeared. It seems to be working again.

awkerper's photo
Tue 11/24/15 01:18 PM
I see. I sent another message to the member to let her know that I didn't see her previous message and then the entire thread appeared. It seems to be working again.

awkerper's photo
Mon 11/23/15 03:49 PM
That doesn't make sense. If a member sends me a message, it should still be viewable in my Inbox regardless of their account status.

awkerper's photo
Mon 11/23/15 03:40 PM
My recent activity shows that I have sent and received messages, but I do not see any new messages in my Inbox. When I clicked YES on a member in mutual match, I used to see a message in my mail that they were notified, but I no longer see these messages - I only see a note in the recent activity event list. Is there a problem with the Site or with my account?

awkerper's photo
Wed 03/11/15 01:14 PM

I'm surprised at how many men say they have read my profile yet I clearly state I'm not interested in older men. And I get 5 out of six msg from guys in their 50s or 60s saying how they liked my profile n want to chat with me....really?

Guys read the profiles, but we ignore much of what we read because women on these sites tend to have unreasonable expectations (which is why they are on these sites to start with) and we would never reach out to anyone if we strictly followed their criteria.

It's like when you search for a job and the employer wants the sun and the moon from every candidate. People without all the qualifications apply for the job anyway because they know that nobody could satisfy all that is requested so they give it a shot and hope to be the lucky one.

awkerper's photo
Wed 03/11/15 01:07 PM

Then why post in here? My wife was cheating on me on Yahoo Chat. If you're married, you should not be on any type of forum like this!

But he just posts on the forums for fun, and for friends. I don't see the harm in that.

Sorry babes, you don't come to a dating website just to chat if you're married.

I agree - I don't buy it either. Facebook is where you would chat with friends, or use Gmail to either e-mail or IM. These sites are for finding a partner.

awkerper's photo
Sat 03/07/15 07:14 PM

Anyone know why husbands go on here when they have a willing and attractive wife who is always ready to please

I'm sure we've all seen some profiles posted by women in which they talk about always wanting to try new and different things. This is a red flag to me because it indicates that they are never happy with what they have and that they suffer from an endless (and often expensive) thirst for different stimulation. Some guys seem to have the same disorder, but they look to other sex partners while the women are usually implicitly referring to travelling and other forms of non-sexual recreation or hobbies.

There could also be non-sexual reasons why he is driven away from her, such as disagreement over how to spend money or how to raise or discipline their children.

awkerper's photo
Fri 03/06/15 01:56 PM

Ok...very frustrated and kind of want to rant, but also would like a little feedback.
Why, why, why do they NOT want to say anything??!!! They will say "hi" and "you are beautiful", but then when you start messaging, they shut up. I ALWAYS end up asking all the questions because a lot of times they don't give a lot of info on their profile. Do they all want to be led by the hand (or maybe another appendage LOL) to know how to communicate these days??!!!
frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated

I have two theories.

First, they may be incredibly insecure and are living in a fantasy bubble. They create an account on the site, dreaming about meeting someone and what they will do together but then when it comes time to make it real they chicken out. It's easy for anyone to reach out via the Internet, but these people wouldn't reach out in person at a bar or club, for example - they would sit on the sidelines and observe and finally go home alone.

Second, they may be selfish and just don't have the manners to care about anybody else. They make those initial brief comments but really aren't willing to make time to have a relationship with anyone, or they lose interest the moment something doesn't go the way they want. I find a lot of people on these sites have unreasonable expectations that are often geared around them being the center of the universe.