Community > Posts By > lulu24

lulu24's photo
Mon 08/01/11 08:39 PM

I can't control who I'm attracted to.
me, neither.

even when i know that my attraction is generally for the reeeeally bad boys...the untamed...

*sighs* so i choose not to date at all, cause giving into that gets me into trouble, lol.

lulu24's photo
Mon 08/01/11 08:31 PM
watched it this weekend, and was very pleasantly surprised.

i expected it to be a bit hokey...but it wasn't. it was well-done, for the most part, and quite enjoyable.

lulu24's photo
Sun 07/31/11 05:36 PM

as a parent, i find the shirt less offensive, even in a family environment (especially considering that any child that is young enough to be shielded from such couldn't read it anyhow), than the person lighting a smoke.

thats what makes America America....everyone has different opinions. i find smoking not offensive whatsoever, while i find the t-shirt very offensive and would not want my kids seeing that kind of filth.
true true...

the t-shirt doesn't bother me in the least, and i wouldn't shield any of my children from it...but i could possibly see someone not wanting to discuss such with a small child, but they couldn't read it anyhow.

i don't allow my children around smoke ever. i'll leave if i even get a whiff. it doesn't bother me if they aren't with me, though.

lulu24's photo
Sun 07/31/11 05:23 PM
as a parent, i find the shirt less offensive, even in a family environment (especially considering that any child that is young enough to be shielded from such couldn't read it anyhow), than the person lighting a smoke.

lulu24's photo
Sat 07/30/11 04:03 PM

Mingle2 is serving ads from a different company. This is the way Charles explained it to us.

" Basically, the script for this company will have a small pop up on the bottom right of the page (which will float there).

Also, the new code will result in 3 ads on the right hand side on the margin, floating on the page."

It's actually right in the middle of the right side of the page. And yes, it stays there. At least the others you can close, but not these, unfortunately.
The ones on the right have a tiny X in the top right corner. For me, at least, this closes these out.

lulu24's photo
Thu 07/28/11 05:49 PM
who here really thinks that a shirt that says, "marriage is so gay" is offensive enough to hide our children from it?

lulu24's photo
Wed 07/27/11 08:04 PM
they didn't make a scene of any kind...she turned her shirt out and went on her way.

they filed the complaint LATER.

the shirt is less offensive, in my personal opinion, than many rock t-shirts.

lulu24's photo
Wed 07/27/11 07:14 PM
i will say that i've occasionally had bad results when i've allowed them to go from cold to hot and then re-chilled them.

lulu24's photo
Wed 07/27/11 06:08 PM

eye doctors around here are about 60-80 bucks for a regular appointment (without contact lens fitting). i can't imagine any eye doctor being 3-400 bucks.

i lose sight in one of my eyes occasionally...the eye doctor strengthens my prescription for a few months when it happens...although he did say that without that, i'd probably lose sight in that eye.

The $300-400 was if she actually needed glasses, which she doesn't. Her vision is still 20/20. I was remarking on worst (financial) case scenario. The 300-400 as compared to 25 when they get home in, now, 2 weeks.

She's doing well, now. No blurring in 5 days now and the appointment with the optometrist is tomorrow.
awesome.

for future reference...they can see any optometrist, and you can take the prescription with you and fill it wherever you choose. so...the appointment, and then get the glasses themselves in a couple of weeks if needed.

i'm glad she's well.

lulu24's photo
Tue 07/26/11 09:05 PM
today i honor my friend and co-worker of five years as he and his family close this chapter in their lives.

RIP, Andy...and i hope Daris gets the medal he reaches for.

http://arkansasmatters.com/news-fulltext/?nxd_id=446577

lulu24's photo
Tue 07/26/11 08:30 PM
hope it was amazing, kimmie...

lulu24's photo
Tue 07/26/11 08:25 PM
eye doctors around here are about 60-80 bucks for a regular appointment (without contact lens fitting). i can't imagine any eye doctor being 3-400 bucks.

i lose sight in one of my eyes occasionally...the eye doctor strengthens my prescription for a few months when it happens...although he did say that without that, i'd probably lose sight in that eye.

lulu24's photo
Tue 07/26/11 05:43 AM

last week, volunteering

a fellow volunteer asked 'you're mixed, right?'

,...Im not, but I have been asked this before and it still remains the strangest question anyone has ever asked me,,,,,,
yep, that qualifies. AND it's pretty darned rude.

i had an old man want to cancel his card because a "mexican" had handled it.

because, you know...beautifully tanned skin automatically comes with the ability to replicate cards through your fingers.

lulu24's photo
Mon 07/25/11 06:12 PM

I got one.

A while ago I dated a woman that had a unique son. This kid (at ten) was a math genius. he also had an odd way of putting things.
When it rained, he'd say: The clouds are passing water!

that's indeed perfect!

there's the little man that came in the bank to dispute some transactions...and even though we had done most of them in person, he claimed that the forgers were good enough to even copy his appearance (sooooo not possible).

lulu24's photo
Mon 07/25/11 05:31 PM

Sounds like the guy was trying to be smoothe....but, just aint no good at it.

I myself would have whipped out the "OOOOWWWW!!!! GOD D^*NM B1TCH! You are looking FINE!!! I would trade a testicle for 10 minutes with you drunk"

But, I am smoothe enough to get away with it. (learned my pimpness from my dad)

It is good to see you post woman.

:)
thanks, lol...

he's ten years my junior and works for me, so i don't think that's it. plus he has a hottie little girlfriend.

lulu24's photo
Mon 07/25/11 05:06 PM
some guy walked into the bank today and called out, "everybody stop what you are doing...this is a deposit!"

he's lucky we didn't hit the panic-buttons.

lulu24's photo
Mon 07/25/11 05:04 PM

You are not going to believe this. I went to my usual supermarket. I walked the isles, and after a turn I beheld a woman in a sales outfit, making bite-sized samples. Some rye pita bread and a beige creamy miasma. She smiled at me, and said, "Sir, would you like to try our new creation?" I took a mouthful for taste. It was surprisingly good, I did not recognise the taste. "What is it?" I asked. "Pumpkin-dip", she answered.

I would have completely forgot this incident if it weren't for you post, there.
are you kidding me? that's absolutely awesome...

lulu24's photo
Mon 07/25/11 05:00 PM

Ya know something???

I don't get much of that......lol

BUT its really good seeing you on and in a post lulu,,,I've missed ya..

so to answer your post,,,I guess the one that always has been said is something like,,,,Your really smart and I have read many of your posts, you seem like a very nice man...

and I'm like noway well,,yes,,I am,,,lol,,,but I am also abig b-s-er
and can get down and dirty when I need ,,,,,lol

I never tell them that,,and seldom dowe really gomuch past that,,because I do THINK,,many ladies find me now boring and very NICE,,,on here,
and as they want or would like to have a bad boy,,,,I just don't fit that anymore,,,,lol

O' well,,,,I KNOW,,,,,,,BORING!!!!!!yawn laugh
thanks, terry...i'm almost always watching, but rarely have the time to actually post.

you guys keep me busy, lol.

lulu24's photo
Sun 07/24/11 09:29 PM

"You're *too* nice... you scare me"

I think I'd rather be called pumpkin-dip noway

nice is one thing i'm never accused of, haha.

but pumpkin-dip? really?

lulu24's photo
Sun 07/24/11 09:23 PM
so, i'm at work the other day, and i walk past the office of a co-worker, who greets me with, "hey, pumpkin-dip!"

being as i don't quite hear too wonderfully, i do a quick double-take. "what did you call me?"

"pumpkin-dip."

"do explain," i reply with a puzzled, questioning look.

"have you ever had pumpkin-dip? no? does it sound good? yes? well...that's you. very unique and yet, somehow, you know that you're an original that just can't be beat."

--------------------------------------------------------------

so, what's the strangest thing someone has said to you recently?

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25