Community > Posts By > lulu24

lulu24's photo
Sun 07/24/11 10:26 AM
when i was freshly married, we lived in a house where the previous tenant had passed away peacefully.

one night, my husband and i climbed into bed, and i realized that we had forgotten to turn on my ancient stereo. i pointed this out...and the music came on, blaring quite loudly.

looking cross-wise at jay, i said, "do you think you could turn it down a bit?" and it immediately dropped to the level i normally would listen to it...and we turned over and went to sleep.

now, this stereo was about twenty-five years old, and it did have a short in the volume controls. hmmm...

lulu24's photo
Mon 07/18/11 05:46 PM
if you're producing, consider pumping and feeding her breastmilk from a bottle. i had to do that for several months with my youngest, and my body adjusted so that i only had to pump twice a day to produce a massive amount of milk.

if you go this route, purchase a hospital-grade pump. i could literally produce over twenty ounces in twenty minutes.

there's no question that breastmilk is the best...the research fully supports this. higher immunity, higher IQ, better healing for you...it's all there. HOWEVER, and this is a HUGE one...none of this matters if mama is a mess.

i am a major proponent of nursing for extended periods, but if mama's mental state is frazzled, it's going to weigh on both of you.

try and grab onto a dear friend who is pretty crunchy and has nursed a ton...or the laleche league...or whomever you can. but at the end of the day, don't let it drain you.

lulu24's photo
Mon 07/18/11 05:45 AM
Reminder, guys: Let's keep this civil. Our rules do not allow users to attack each other.

Lori
Mingle2 Moderator

lulu24's photo
Fri 07/15/11 05:41 PM
Chances are, if they are deactivated, we've already dealt with them.

We at Mingle2 take scammers VERY seriously and are always on the look-out. We take pride in keeping the levels down.

If you ever suspect a member of being a scammer, please report them through the link in their profile or the link in the email so that we may investigate and take appropriate measures.

Lori
Mingle2 Moderator

lulu24's photo
Fri 07/15/11 05:38 PM

1) no pop music, ever.
2) no chick-flicks *shivers*.
3) sex when i want it, how i want it, as often as...you get it.
4) touch my remote only if you're offering sex and are better than the action on TV.
5) touch my electronics and die.
6) if you can't handle blood and guts, don't enter.
7) no wine-coolers, fruity-drinks, or light beer allowed. keep the dark beer and jack flowing...(shot-glasses optional).
8) don't ask my opinion unless you want it. don't tell me your issues without wanting a fix for them. and never hug me.

lulu24's photo
Sun 07/10/11 09:27 PM
i know, and always have...a lot of gay people. you do, too, you just don't necessarily recognize that they are such.

i haven't noticed a rise...i've only noticed that people seem more inclined to be honest with others about who they are.

lulu24's photo
Sun 07/10/11 02:17 PM
where i live, it's more acceptable socially for a woman to be gay than a man.

maybe the ratio you speak of is because more lesbians are comfortable announcing publicly that they are looking for a date.

lulu24's photo
Sat 07/09/11 06:28 PM

my only true addiction is reading...

pretty much anything else i can live without. if i go a day or two without a book, i find myself consuming shampoo bottles with great interest.

You don't mean, drinking shampoo, do you? :?
consuming with my eyes, not my mouth, lol.

It all sounds rather sexy anyway :)

But for now, I'll have to eat my words! laugh
almost makes you wanna jump in the shower, lol.

lulu24's photo
Sat 07/09/11 06:12 PM

pretty much anything else i can live without. if i go a day or two without a book, i find myself consuming shampoo bottles with great interest.

You don't mean, drinking shampoo, do you? :?
consuming with my eyes, not my mouth, lol.

lulu24's photo
Sat 07/09/11 06:00 PM

lulu24's photo
Sat 07/09/11 05:39 PM

back when my youngest was little, we had a couple of kittens that the vet had talked us into taking. they were weaned a little young...

i was sleeping in bed when i woke up to the damned cat under my shirt, nursing away. it wasn't easy to dislodge him...

after that, he'd try and get under my shirt any time he saw me. it was almost disturbing.

That is too funny!
you only say that because it isn't YOU that was molested by the kitty...

lulu24's photo
Sat 07/09/11 05:27 PM

Thats some of the lyrics to one of my songs called,"addicted".

I havent been addicted to meth now, for 4 years...:thumbsup:

That was one of my first posts here,"NO More Meth Mouth"(I smoked it), and of course, I had no program, or family to help me quit, but I did have the Minglers, cheering me on, and God, and I did it cold turkey, after many years.(I like to tell people this, because maybe it will strike a nerve, and they might say, "if she did it, I can do it",and quit.:angel: flowerforyou

But now I cant stop eating big marshmallows, and corn flakes and peaches, and its starting to show!scaredlaugh laugh

What are you addicted to?

Pepsi. Seriously. I'm thinking of having an IV put in.

mine's diet pepsi...

i used to drink about seven liters per day of pepsi. i switched to diet, and i've cut back to about three liters, lol...

i'm a work in progress.

lulu24's photo
Sat 07/09/11 03:34 PM
back when my youngest was little, we had a couple of kittens that the vet had talked us into taking. they were weaned a little young...

i was sleeping in bed when i woke up to the damned cat under my shirt, nursing away. it wasn't easy to dislodge him...

after that, he'd try and get under my shirt any time he saw me. it was almost disturbing.

lulu24's photo
Sat 07/09/11 02:55 AM
my husband used to pick out some really good-looking guys in a crowd...and i would grab their tail...and they would turn around to see him behind them, and think he had done it...

my husband was...um...interesting. full-on biker-scary guy...they never said a word, just turned right back around.

lulu24's photo
Mon 07/04/11 06:42 PM

i've made life-long friends here...and met a few of them.

i don't post much in the forums anymore, but i'm always around, watching...

Does anyone get the feeling, that we're being watched? scared
lol...it's true...we're always around.

i personally think that's a good thing.

lulu24's photo
Mon 07/04/11 06:33 PM
i've made life-long friends here...and met a few of them.

i don't post much in the forums anymore, but i'm always around, watching...

lulu24's photo
Sun 06/26/11 10:26 AM
It is perfectly possible to use this site and never pay a penny!! We added a few extra features that you can purchase, but really, you can enjoy it without ever having to do so.

If you're looking for a partner, it IS nice being able to jump to the front of the search, but people make matches every day without ever stepping to the MinglePlus.

We were trying to add value to those that wished for such options.

I've been here forever, and I love it here.

Lori
Mingle2 Moderator

lulu24's photo
Sat 06/11/11 10:51 PM

I think NOT. Who gives a crap if they are uncomfortable or at risk of violence...

That's their problem, and Im sure when they stole our cars or raped us, or murdered us, they were being extra considerate....(us-being the general law abiding person)

Who cares if they run out of beds and sleep in open spaces and under each others beds...

i care. treating humans as animals is beneath us.

also, my father spent four years in prison, wrongly convicted...it was completely overturned, and all his rights restored...but he couldn't get those years back.

http://www.easttexasnews.com/Sanjac/News/Ind/June2010/story8.html

Im really sorry about your dad, i hope he is able to move forward with his life, flowerforyou
thank you for that.

he passed away in december.

lulu24's photo
Sat 06/11/11 10:00 PM

I think NOT. Who gives a crap if they are uncomfortable or at risk of violence...

That's their problem, and Im sure when they stole our cars or raped us, or murdered us, they were being extra considerate....(us-being the general law abiding person)

Who cares if they run out of beds and sleep in open spaces and under each others beds...

also, my father spent four years in prison, wrongly convicted...it was completely overturned, and all his rights restored...but he couldn't get those years back.

wow just wow

read that article...what a messed up situation

sorry you (he) had to go through all that

dang!

Happy for you all flowerforyou
definite mess, for sure...my father was severely depressed after he suffered a stroke, and this was the outcome.

good people can do bad things...and they end up in jail. bad people can also do good things...

regardless of the situation, WE are not the bad ones, and should hold ourselves above treating others in an inhumane way.

lulu24's photo
Sat 06/11/11 09:20 PM

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25