Community > Posts By > DavidCommaGeek

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sun 02/15/15 08:00 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Sun 02/15/15 08:00 PM
Marriage counselor?

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sun 02/15/15 06:57 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Sun 02/15/15 06:58 PM
Well, you already took my best feature... Thanks a lot!

Liberal - but roughly equal - applications of intellect, charm, and sex drive. The females I've known (well, most of them) appreciate having a conversation as much as doing an activity or sharing romance. The conversation doesn't need to be about anything in particular, just so long as it's something meaty enough you can spend more than five minutes before you reach a conclusion.

The things I have been complimented on in the past include: availability (i.e, being there when she needs/wants me), common interests (though this is kind of a special case), legibility (she can read what I type, and I can get ideas across), willingness to listen, consideration, teamwork (it's not JUST a dirty sex act!), and a few sexual things which I will be keeping to myself, thanks.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sun 02/15/15 06:38 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Sun 02/15/15 06:40 PM
Beware the person in your bed who is sleep deprived :-)

So, are you trying to make a case for celibacy? We should just all go to sleep and not use our beds for anything else?
Pff! Pff, I say!

I think my record of going without sleep is fifty-something hours. 53? 54? I don't think I went insane in that amount of time, but honestly it'd be hard to tell.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sun 02/15/15 06:36 PM
Fishkill? FISHKILL?!

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sun 02/15/15 06:35 PM
Are there any of these left? Competitive multiplayer games that are fun to play, balanced as far as skill-based shooting goes, and have a community that's not stupidly competitive and just plain rude? Also one that's preferably not full of little kids who scream into their open mics the whole match long.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sun 02/15/15 11:43 AM
I saw that last one coming.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sun 02/15/15 11:39 AM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Sun 02/15/15 11:45 AM
The following list is a collection of phrases, traits, and spoken desires that I have seen on too many female profiles on too many different sites to count. It is not intended as any sort of criticism or commentary, merely an observation of commonalities. Perhaps it will serve some use to somebody somewhere sometime.
List subject to additions and changes.

And, of course, we can analyze the hell out of it. For example, I think it is important to mention that these observations come from the profiles of mostly Southern Californian females in the age range of 18-30 (as this is my general search field).

What Women (Say They) Want:

A Man Who:
"Has a sense of humor, but knows when to be serious"
"Likes to go on adventures, but also likes to stay in [and watch a movie]"
"Likes [to watch] live sports/go to live games"
"Knows how to treat a lady [with respect/like a lady deserves to be treated]"
"Is NOT looking for just a one-night stand/hookups"
"Doesn't mind cuddling/snuggling"
"Is confident but not arrogant"

In General
"You must love my pet(s) [dog(s)], too"
"I like to go to Disneyland"
"I work a lot/long hours, but I enjoy my leisure time"
"I like to spend time at the beach"

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sun 02/15/15 11:27 AM
Browse internet forums looking for things to do when you're bored...

*sigh*

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sun 02/15/15 11:19 AM
Yup - keeping busy and alcohol are the two top things I hear to get over a breakup. For me, after my first serious breakup, that's when I started doing my daily exercises, just to work myself to a point where I wasn't thinking about much of anything at all.

If you don't already have a pet or pets to take care of, you might think about getting one. They can take up a lot of your time (in a good way), and they're a lot better at showing love and loyalty than some people.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sun 02/15/15 11:17 AM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Sun 02/15/15 11:20 AM
Physical attraciveness is the first thing people who can see notice about one another. This is not bad or "wrong", it's just the laws of light and biological photoreceptiveness. (Say that three times fast!)
However, looks fade. In everybody. Eventually. If you're looking for someone to spend the rest of your life with, then personality traits - emotions and intelligence - last a LOT longer, and you shoud put more emphasis on those things.

At the same time, however, if you are attracted to one another, why not enjoy that part of your relationship for as long (and as often...) as it lasts?

And damn it, TBRich! Now that song is stuck in my head!

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sun 02/15/15 10:57 AM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Sun 02/15/15 10:58 AM

Either a few married women are having affairs with boat loads of married men or married women are not as honest as society is led to believe and more married women are having affairs then we realize.

No, no, no - the obvious answer is that there are a lot more married women than there are married men, so percentage-wise, the numbers of married women committing adultery are much, MUCH lower.

(Please, PLEASE hear the sarcasm I'm using in this post.)
I don't know any cheating men. But I know 4 cheating women. So I don't know where you got your figures.

The joke of my earlier post is that most of marriages - probably still in the 99% range - are heterosexual - meaning just as many women are married as men. The numbers of married women are therefore NOT significantly higher than the numbers of married men, and the numbers of cheaters are pretty equal on both sides.

It's not funny if I have to explain it!

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sun 02/15/15 10:53 AM
Guys are turned on by lesbians; I don't see what's so strange about a lesbian (bisexual, maybe, given your name?) getting turned on by guys.

Oh, wait, there is one little discrepancy... If you're a lesbian, that means you do NOT like males... And if you're in a lesbian relationship, that SHOULD mean you're as loyal and as committed as any other kind of romantic relationship I managed to type with a straight face. (Given all the other kinds of "Is it okay if I cheat?" threads on this forum...)
Being loyal and committed in a relationship means you stick with your partner even if there are other things you want outside that relationship. Even if you have your partner's "permission", it only makes the cheating more "okay" by 2.7% (I did the math on another thread relating to another "I'm in a relationship, but I want some opposite-sex-fun on the side".)
If the people asking about these kinds of situations are okay with those odds, I kind of wonder why they bother asking in the first place. You'd get a LOT more positive responses if you just made a thread saying "Lesbian Looking For Boy Toy On The Side".

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sun 02/15/15 10:46 AM
Good cop accused of a crime he didn't commit, on the run from the law, but in pursuit of justice!

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sat 02/14/15 10:49 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Sat 02/14/15 10:50 PM
Since you're not legally married until you sign a bunch of paperwork and obtain a license, I'd say at the end of the day marriage is political/legal. Sure, you can say you're married if you only get married by a priest, but that's not legally actionable in court (if you did NOT also get a license), and you wouldn't even have to file for divorce if you decided to break up - you'd just break up. (However, your priest may have something else to say on the matter...)

Though there are usually a lot of religious trappings surrounding marriage, it's always been a political/legal move. People married (and still marry) for wealth, status, and to cement alliances, and in some countries they still practice arranged marriage. That's why even though Henry VIII was the religious head of his country, he still had to legally divorce (or out-live...) his wives before he could marry again.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sat 02/14/15 06:31 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Sat 02/14/15 06:32 PM
I've been trying to avoid this thread, but things look like they've calmed enough so I can put in my two cents without them being shoved back somewhere uncomfortable.

1st Cent: Racism and equality are not issues of policy or political alignment.
2nd Cent: Racism and equality are issues of how you treat people on the street.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sat 02/14/15 06:16 PM
Tho, I think there are a couple of them on here wouldn't mind having ladies mud wrestle over them...

All females should feel free to mud wrestle at any time for any reason. You don't have to mud wrestle for ME/US.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sat 02/14/15 09:57 AM
(Invader) Zim!

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sat 02/14/15 09:55 AM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Sat 02/14/15 09:56 AM

A miniature schnauzer in Cedar Rapids proved that nothing, even distance, can break that bond.

Twenty blocks? Have these people never heard of "The Incredible Journey"? My Siberian huskies ran away further than that just for fun.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sat 02/14/15 09:53 AM
Love is an appreciation and value for a person's emotional and intellectual traits.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sat 02/14/15 09:42 AM
wow...noway the liberal invasion...

Better start learning how to smelt and work with silver, mightymoe... Also, lighthouses!

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25