Community > Posts By > DavidCommaGeek

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Thu 02/19/15 10:07 AM
The Valsharess.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Wed 02/18/15 08:16 AM
I think in the first case, the person who doesn't love you will have something to say about it...

Ask me this question again when I hit 40.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Wed 02/18/15 08:13 AM
I figured it was something like that.

All my descriptions stand!

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Wed 02/18/15 08:00 AM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Wed 02/18/15 08:06 AM
American Alligator!

1) They've got big mouths, just like me! They can/will eat anything smaller than themselves.
2) They are amphibious, meaning they live a dualistic life being buoyed by water, but can also trudge upon the hard, unforgiving land. (Think you can outrun an alligator? Better be sure - they've been clocked at 20m.p.h. over short distances - and don't think you can outswim one!)
3) C'mon, just look at that big ol' smile! Heh heh heh heh heh...
4) They've got rough natural armor for skin, just like me!

Wait - no - that last part's not entirely true...

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Tue 02/17/15 01:14 PM
I wouldn't worry about missing someone who didn't believe once you got into heaven. My understanding of heaven is that once you're there, you're so blissfully happy that you don't care about much else.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Tue 02/17/15 01:11 PM
Or about linking five words?

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Tue 02/17/15 01:10 PM
Is this thread about incarceration?

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Tue 02/17/15 01:10 PM
I don't understand the premise.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Mon 02/16/15 08:37 AM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Mon 02/16/15 08:38 AM
Blast! The double post got me again!

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Mon 02/16/15 08:34 AM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Mon 02/16/15 08:39 AM

Now you're making sense. Your first post was unclear. And I don't really need a grammar lesson. I'm quite familiar with the English language. If my application of said linguistic apparatus is unacceptable, perhaps a reduced amount of snobbery regarding adequate syllabic production is in order. While I am perfectly capable of confusing the f**k out of people with a language they speak, I've found that more people are willing to accept more common phraseology, and are generally displeased with the utterance of syllables for the sake of exposing one's mastery of the vocabularic arts.

*pat*pat*
Some of us still understand you. You will never be truly alone.
(Wait - is that a good thing or a bad thing?)

Maybe women daren't put themselves on the spot by asking for a rating unless they know they are attractive?

I don't think I've ever rated a woman's profile based on her physical attractiveness... Though I did tell a woman once that "a smile wouldn't hurt". Usually the closest I get are comments on the quality of the picture she took of herself, but not her appearance directly...

And as far as male profiles go, usually the biggest problem I see is lack of Interests or content. (I refuse to comment on any profile's spelling/grammar/punctuation mistakes, for sheer time wasted.) If I were to comment on their physical attractiveness, I would probably tell them they are all horribly ugly and should remove all pictures of themselves from social media everywhere.
But would that be a fair judgment of their attractiveness? Probably not. I ain't exactly the right person to ask.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Mon 02/16/15 08:26 AM
Somebody famous in our nation's history once said:
"The man who gives up liberty in the name of security deserves neither." (paraphrased)

More recently, several less-famous people claim that: "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me."

I think the most important phrase in the original post is "impressionable [young] people". (Though in the case of Michael Regener and others, I'm not sure they count as "young" people.) People will always find ways to do stupid, nonsensical, and harmful things not only because of their personal beliefs, but just because other people are doing them. I reference you to the latest "hacktivist" movements, where because one small group of individuals decided to take a stand, suddenly it's the thing to do if you have any programming skills and an agenda. (And you may not need to have an actual agenda.)

Even if words are intended to cause harm, it takes a person to act on those words. Just consider the pure vitriol we hear all the time from "reasonable" and "upstanding" political or religious debates hosted on public television. Further consider the presidential speeches encouraging and promoting war on organizations or countries. (ALL presidential speeches, not just those of your opposite party.) Are those not words spoken with the intent to cause harm?

We need a little less suppression of speech, and a little more conscientious objecting, methinks.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Mon 02/16/15 08:12 AM
+1

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sun 02/15/15 10:07 PM
Town ship

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sun 02/15/15 10:03 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Sun 02/15/15 10:04 PM
Only if it's for Tchaikovsky's works.

Private Detective. (Or to put it another way, professionally Snoopy.)

(And no, I'm never going to let it go that you're picturing yourself with a giant Snoopy dog.)

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sun 02/15/15 09:45 PM
Damn right!

<==== this is some of my finest work!

Ballet dancer. I dunno why. I can just see it.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sun 02/15/15 09:41 PM
A lot of older games are being revamped and are making a comeback... not so old as the Atari 3000, though, I don't think.

Vintner.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sun 02/15/15 09:39 PM
... what kind of dogs do YOU own??

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sun 02/15/15 09:38 PM
Hmph. I thought not.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sun 02/15/15 08:09 PM
Alligator!

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Sun 02/15/15 08:03 PM
1980s video game character.

At least it pays well... in gold coins...

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25