Community > Posts By > AGoodGuy1026

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Thu 01/07/10 07:44 AM
uhmmm.... perhaps you have never had someone beat the crap outta you or been cheated on... just sitting on the couch is definately the lesser of 3 evils... lacking motivation in my view is not a character flaw in relation to violence or cheating.

lacking motivation they are only harming themselves, violence or cheating is hurting other people... in my view very different from each other...

acceptable to me? nope...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Thu 01/07/10 07:33 AM
flush him!

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Thu 01/07/10 07:22 AM
C.

It seems to me A and B have bad character, and C. just lacks motivation....

The lesser of 3 evils...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Tue 01/05/10 07:02 AM

taxing it makes sense . we can call it a degenerate tax . but hey they really want it and we could use the money .and if we tax it as high as booze it could help pay this massive Medicaid bill we have ... that's welfare for those that aren't up on the changes in english ..

yeah, as a taxpayer -- I really do not want to subsidize some looser's marijuana habit !!!! GRRRR!! this is nutz!!

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Tue 01/05/10 06:58 AM

ive been dating (not seriously) a guy for around 2 months now. he SAYS he likes me, but the way he acts towards me, he just doesnt come off as he does. we never really talk when we arent together but when we do its for hours. and when we are together its like we're a couple, but that could be just being a girl and thinking that. i just need to know what some people think about this cause i'm getting sick of it.

it sounds like there are some needs that you have that are not being met, I agree with most here that you have to talk about things at some point, although I also agree with Texas... you might just scare him off....

I guess it all comes down to you, and what you want to do. If he's not satisfying your relationship needs, perhaps he's not the right one? If you are wondering what he is thinking, perhaps you should ask him? If you like where things are, perhaps you should keep trying to see each other?...

Brutal opinion? He may not be that into you... just lonely...

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Tue 01/05/10 06:51 AM

No one said you weren't worth dating. No one said you're a waste of space. No one is kicking you when you are down. They expressed their opinion, since you asked for it. They choose not to date someone who is unemployed, that is their right, no one is obligated to date anyone.

I'm pretty sure there is a type of woman you won't date- certain age, race, region, weight, height, looks, has an std, whether or not she has a bunch of kids or she's infertile, if she has a drug/alcohol problem, she's really religious or worships the devil, she swears a lot, doesn't bathe, doesn't brush her teeth, has a hideous physical deformity, has a "weird" political view, believes in abortion, or thinks it's evil- do you get my point? Because I could go on and on about what a person could be like, and I'm pretty sure one or more of those attributes up there would be a turn off for you.

Does that make you a bad person? Um, nope. Does that mean you think those people are worthless and useless and you're "kicking them when they're down?" Um, nope, again. It means you have a preference and you would prefer not to make those types of people a part of your life. It means you more than likely wish them well and hope they find someone else they have more in common with.

I delete and block emails from certain types of men all the time, because they don't interest me. I don't want to talk to them, it doesn't matter what they think they have to offer me, I don't want it. Period. I have tons of reasons why, depending on who they are. But I wish them well in their search and I hope they find someone who chooses to be with them. Just because the people who've replied to you indicated that an employed person is their choice, doesn't mean someone else won't mind dating you, you simply have to find that person.

Sorry you're feeling useless and all that, and I hope you find work soon, but you can't get upset with other people because of how they feel, when they feel that you're not their cup of tea. Best to you.flowerforyou

I wasn't talking about myself in particular. More commenting on the generalisations that are made due to someones job or lack of one. Not many people have a job for life nowardays and using their current occupation as a benchmark as to the type of person they are is a fools game

hmmm, I don't agree - it's not a fools game -- it's REALITY... I am an engineer - so I list that in my profile... why do I do this? Well, engineer's tend to have certain personality traits... some women like these traits, some do not... I will not have one JOB for life, but I will have my career and it will always be within my particular realm of expertise... it's just a part of me and who I am. My job does not define me, but my career shows a lot about my personality, work ethic, character ect...

You sound bitter, perhaps "rolling and smoking" too much? *sigh*...

be careful, when you post questions on M2 - not everyone is going to coddle you or agree with you...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Mon 01/04/10 10:01 AM
keep it in a warmer environment!

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Sun 01/03/10 03:05 PM
OP:... to be honest, "World Peace Day" would be a nice start... I don't care what day it was on... but knowing that for ONE day, ALL the fighting over resources, politics, religeon in the world could stop and true peace appreciated....... oh geez, I just woke up!!!!>......

$.02 drinker

p.s. I just may be ignorant, surely I am not the first to think of such things... truly this exists already.................

frustrated frustrated frustrated

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Sun 01/03/10 03:02 PM
uhm, HELLO!!!...

you expect more from a country that was ruled by Idi AMIN upon independence form Britain in the '60's...??

Sheesh...

'cmon folks, civilized countries have a hard time dealing with gay issues... do you really think this is a primary issue in Uganda??

oh, please.... keep in in context folks... get off of looking at everything from the 'pedestal' of your comfy couch in the USA... it's a harsh world out there -- you MUST take things into local context...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Sun 01/03/10 02:53 PM

or is it just another myspace? or facebook?

I am sure they do, but your question is too vague... do you mean, "does anyone find love, ON THIS SITE?"... it's all in the usage!! rofl

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Sun 01/03/10 02:35 PM

:heart: I found love...it lasted 4 months...but we're going out tomorrow and I'm gonna give it my best to reignite the flame!! But, yes we still love each other and we met on this site...only 1 hour after he submitted his profile....I was the first mutual match. Although we've had a bump in the road, the "love" is still there. I think we're gonna give it a second try!!smitten

I hope it works out for you both.flowerforyou

yeah, good luck with that!!...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Sun 01/03/10 02:33 PM
OP: To be honest, I never had a problem getting a date, it's finding "more" that is difficult!!...

I mean, c'mon... a date is a time for socialization, fun, and just going out and not being alone.... if both people are honest, even if there is no attraction - there is no reason at all that a date cannot be a fun time, enjoying a dinner -- a play -- or people watching at a local event...

Date's are easy, it's relationships that are difficult.

As a woman, all you have to do to go on a date is say "yes"... as a man, all you have to do is ask... you may be surprised as to the result!!!

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Thu 12/24/09 08:35 AM

you can tone the muscles anywhere...but he is asking about losing weight in a particular spot. That is medically impossible.

no it isn't...working out and using weights for a particular area will change that area. Along with proper diet... I have and do, do it.

You can only add muscle to a spot, cannot spot reduce!!! Unless you lipo. You have to lose fat all over to lose fat in one area. Spot reducing is like asking to empty out the deep end part of a swimming pool and leave the water in the shallow area.

^^ words of wisdom...

it's what you eat, and how much you exercise...

you ideal body weight is about 106 lbs + 6 lbs for every inch over 5' tall (medical standard). So for a 5'9" man you should weigh about 168lbs... it's about what you eat that gains you the weight, its about how you exercise that gives you tone...

give up sugar, alcohol and all that fat. eat high fiber, high protien diet with "real foods"... don't cut out all fat, some fat is good for ya!!...

Have fun at the gym!! LOL!!

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Thu 12/24/09 07:12 AM
Edited by AGoodGuy1026 on Thu 12/24/09 07:14 AM
I don't trust the "trade-in" places... they just take your parts and build another system and sell them as a package deal.

A reputable place will sell you what you want at a good price, you keep your old stuff... there is no "core charge" on computer parts...

You can run 3.4GB of ram by adding the /3gb command switch to the boot.ini file... so you CAN use over 2GB in windows XP...

To answer your question - which P4 and which AMD CPU specifically... there are more than one type...

Trading a more expensive INTEL 2.4 for a AMD 2.8 sounds like you are loosing out... because of the "trade in"...

You will notice a big jump if you went to your original plan of a 3.4 INTEL... it's a whole GIG faster... very noticeable indeed.

your guy sounds "sketchy" to me...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Thu 12/24/09 05:45 AM
what

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Wed 12/23/09 02:19 PM
If it was ok then, and not now -- perhaps it is her issue and she is looking for an excuse to scratch her "six year itch"...

you only know one side of the story, usually there are two...

food for thought...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Wed 12/23/09 08:17 AM
IMHO: something wrong with shunning human contact...

I do not mind touching people, although I keep it appropriate. I will often greet a good friend (woman or man) with a generous hug, and mabye an arm grab. If they are a good friend and I am aware they are "touchophobic", I'll give a good handshake, but also touch their hand with both of mine (my hand on top of the handshake). All of my female friends don't seem to mind a good heart felt hug, and a kiss on the cheek where appropriate. I also tell my friends that I love them, just so they know how much they mean to me...

Conversly, I do not touch or hug people at work, or strangers... just not approprate...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Tue 12/22/09 11:47 AM

1) Race
2) Religion
3) Money
4) Appearance
5) Personality

IMHO:
1. not at all (have dated many different races, women are who they are... it's what makes women interesting!)
2. on a scale of 1-10 - I give this a 7. Strong moral and spiritual beliefs are important for me, and for the person I am in a relationship with... this being said, they do not HAVE to be the same religion I am... just have a strong moral and spiritual base to their lives/personality...
3. no important - although I am attracted to professional women - not due to the money factor - just that they tend to have stronger personalities and are more type A, driven, and able to communicate
4. very important - not to say they must be stereotypical - just need to "trip my trigger" so to speak!! :)
5. utmost importance... must be fun, goofy - as well as serious, full of life... and positive... we must mesh, and she must have gobs and gobs of personality - that is compatible with mine (and visa~versa)...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Fri 12/18/09 08:33 AM
Edited by AGoodGuy1026 on Fri 12/18/09 08:37 AM
uhm... when they decide they do not want to drive anymore. Young people crash their cars too, and there is no discussion of taking young peoples license away... I know lots of people who cant drive well, and wreck their cars... but there seems to be some BIAS toward the elderly...

I would like to see the demographics / age distribution of accidents - I would be surprised to see that the number of accidents are skewed toward the elderly...

My personal guess would be that the statistics would show that young male drivers are most likely to cause / be in a car accident...

Leave the old people alone...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Fri 12/18/09 08:02 AM
Edited by AGoodGuy1026 on Fri 12/18/09 08:03 AM

Yes fantastic. Having a child with a married person you've known for 6 months is brilliant and stellar idea. Plus they use text as a form of communicating such news as a pregnancy. She sounds like a real winner. Also, another case of condoms not working I see. Oh wait, you didn't use one even though she was in the process of switching bc methods. Again, brilliant. Now you have the rest of your lives to be tied to each other. Mazol Tov. flowers

What does Mazel Tov mean anyway!! ??