Community > Posts By > AGoodGuy1026

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Mon 03/01/10 07:33 AM
only if the FWB and the lasting relationship are not with the same person!!!

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Mon 03/01/10 07:31 AM
I think some people can and do...

personally? no...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Mon 03/01/10 07:18 AM

I used to work with the mentally ill and developmentally disabled; they're people just like anyone else. I don't want to date anyone with those problems, but I definitely have compassion and recognition of their feelings. I remember this stupid broad, at an outing with my clients, was talking to her friend and said, "they should just kill people like that at birth" like it would've made the world a better place and taken away some kind of anguish this "screwed up" being might have.

Having worked in the field, what might you know about misdiagnosis, as far as schizophrenia verses to OCD?

if a Dr. mis-diagnosed schizophrenia as OCD... he's not very good! I mean, they are not even close! schizophrenia is a psycotic disorder... OCD is a personality disorder...

Perhaps you refer to schizoid and OCD - at least they are both personality disorders...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Mon 03/01/10 07:10 AM
Edited by AGoodGuy1026 on Mon 03/01/10 07:10 AM

Then I guess I'm weird. As long as my man likes it, I don't really care what anyone else thinks.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I was just wondering why people seem to like it so much, that's all! I'd also think it sounds weird to be introduced as someone's woman. laugh

LOL!! hmmmm, "my man" sounds endearing.... "my woman" sounds more like I clubbed her over the head and drug her in by her hair LOL!!!....

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Mon 03/01/10 06:39 AM

The funny thing is people that lie to themselves do better in life than those that don't. Here's a link to a story about on NPR's Radio Lab.

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/radiolab/episodes/2008/02/29/segments/92437

ignorance is truly bliss??

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Mon 03/01/10 06:36 AM
not original to me (but I forget the source)..

Character = honesty with self...
Integrity = honesty with others...

Yes, I do believe there are women (and men for that matter) out there that have both good character, and good integrity...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Mon 03/01/10 06:33 AM
Edited by AGoodGuy1026 on Mon 03/01/10 06:33 AM
is it really that much different than, "my boyfriend", "my husband", "my lover"... ??

and, no - I would not mind...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Mon 03/01/10 06:12 AM

what exactly will that prove

it's not "proving" anything, just shows you your net performance at that time...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Mon 03/01/10 05:18 AM
nice, for you...

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Fri 02/26/10 09:37 AM
yep, they are commonly referred to as "vampire bats"..

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Fri 02/26/10 08:25 AM

"...someone from my past would happily reenter my life"

I got to thinking about that, & I can't honestly think of who this person could be. I"m not sure that anyone from my past could "happily" reenter my life; no ex, that's for sure.

So then I started thinking it must be a relative. My Mother wants to come to Hawaii but the only way I see that probable is if my Step-Father who is ill, passed away and that wouldn't be very "happy". My brothers have their own thing going on on the mainland so I doubt it's one of them.

I guess I'm starting to loose faith in fortune cookies. I know how sacrilegious that must sound for some of you. I just don't know what to believe anymore :tongue:

it's all in your interpretation... heck, it could be you get the same cab driver that you had drive you three weeks ago (that would be someone in your past re-entering again)....

luck to you!!...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Fri 02/26/10 07:15 AM

It has now happened to me 3 times in the past year. I start talking toa new and interesting lady and she ends up being married. That's oughly about 50% of the women I've been interested in on this site in he same time.
Some I guess are out there to cheat, and others could be bored ousewives just online screwing around, either way it's pretty isheartening to think that a married person would pick me to messwith.
It's sad that I have to put up all kinds of 'married or no photo,please don't send an email to me' notes on my profile. I mean itshould be a given right? I really feel for you women. I am alwayshearing about married guys contacting you. There must be 3 times s many married losers contacting you than me. At least.

Hmmmmmmm.
A dose of their own medicine?
Like, when you find out they are married, you "confess" also..
"Oh thank goodness you are married too!
I have 8 kids and my other wives hate babysitting. I am really
into you because your persistence shows tenacity. I need someone
who is not scared off by an extensive police record. And I hope
you can help with child support.
I want to meet you NOW!!!"

rofl rofl

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Fri 02/26/10 06:10 AM

It has now happened to me 3 times in the past year. I start talking to a new and interesting lady and she ends up being married. That's roughly about 50% of the women I've been interested in on this site in the same time.

Some I guess are out there to cheat, and others could be bored housewives just online screwing around, either way it's pretty disheartening to think that a married person would pick me to mess with.

It's sad that I have to put up all kinds of 'married or no photo, please don't send an email to me' notes on my profile. I mean it should be a given right? I really feel for you women. I am always hearing about married guys contacting you. There must be 3 times as many married losers contacting you than me. At least.

Look at the bright side... you have met 3 interesting ladies in the past year.... with odds like that, it will happen for you !!

keep up your standards, they seem to be working for you!...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Wed 02/24/10 10:30 AM

the documentation signed by students when they received the laptops...

If the school OWNS the laptops then they are free to do what they wish with them.

uhm... hardly... *sigh*

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Wed 02/24/10 06:24 AM
very interesting question...

throughout my whole life, I have only truly been in love twice... granted I was together/married for 14 years.... given those odds, it's gonna be more than 10 (crap, it has already been more than 20)...

rofl

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Tue 02/23/10 07:31 AM

I think people used to stay married because casual sex had more stigma to it and marriage was highly ENCOURAGED and communities supported the institution. Now , I think its more of every person for themself and an age where instant gratification is more encouraged than hard work or commitment. I think it also has plenty to do with the dismantling of traditional 'roles'. There was a purpose to marrying a man, when one could expect and the community would insist upon a provider. There was a purpose to marrying a woman, when one could expect and the community would insist upon a nurturer. The husband and wife complemented each other but now, like I said, everyone pretty much does it all for themself and doesnt feel a need or desire for anyone else to do it if it impedes their 'fun'.

I respect this perspective, but I do hope dearly it is not correct...

$.02 drinker

i also must add that the emphasis has been taken off of emotional compatibility and our culture has begun to focus on something called 'sexual chemistry'. People are chosing partners many times because of an obsession with the sexual part of the relationship instead of things which are more 'substantial' like friendship, compatibility, emotional and intellectual chemistry,,,etc,,,

very insightful observation...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Tue 02/23/10 06:58 AM
Edited by AGoodGuy1026 on Tue 02/23/10 06:58 AM
perhaps they are curious...
perhaps they embrace technology faster than you assume they do...
perhaps it is becuase the increased advertising on TV for dating sites...
perhaps they think it is fun...
perhaps they are bored...

perhaps... perhaps... perhaps...

predicting teen behavior is more difficult than prediciting a woman's behavior....

rofl

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Tue 02/23/10 06:55 AM

I think people used to stay married because casual sex had more stigma to it and marriage was highly ENCOURAGED and communities supported the institution. Now , I think its more of every person for themself and an age where instant gratification is more encouraged than hard work or commitment. I think it also has plenty to do with the dismantling of traditional 'roles'. There was a purpose to marrying a man, when one could expect and the community would insist upon a provider. There was a purpose to marrying a woman, when one could expect and the community would insist upon a nurturer. The husband and wife complemented each other but now, like I said, everyone pretty much does it all for themself and doesnt feel a need or desire for anyone else to do it if it impedes their 'fun'.

I respect this perspective, but I do hope dearly it is not correct...

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Tue 02/23/10 06:15 AM

I have a friend that believes 100% in the institution of marriage and has been married several times. The last time she got married (about 2 years ago) she admits there was no bells and whistles but she felt they were compatible. So far things have gone fairly well, I think anyway. Would you settle for someone that you were just compatible with? What are your thoughts on this ?

uhmmm.... if she believed 100% in the instituation of marriage, she would still be married to her first husband....

*sigh*

$.02 drinker

AGoodGuy1026's photo
Tue 02/23/10 06:13 AM

What happens when you swallow it?

your character grows a bit....

$.02 drinker